Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » IF THIS IS TRUE, IT MAKES NUKES LOOK LIKE MINOR THREATS !

Author Topic: IF THIS IS TRUE, IT MAKES NUKES LOOK LIKE MINOR THREATS !
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before discussing any calamity allowed or caused by God, we should be clear about God's attitude and intent in such cases.

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

God does allow terrible things to happen -and is sometimes directly responsible -but it is always toward the greater good -as he is able to raise those who die in such clamities again to life.

I did not read all of what was contained in the link, but, generally speaking, proving a man -even a prophet -correct or knowing exactly what will happen should not be our focus. What would it mean if this came true -even exactly as stated? Would it mean the man was right? Would it mean everything else he said was absolutely correct? What if he got one thing right and some things wrong? Anyone who reads the bible can clearly see that God judges the imperfect -sometimes with great calamity -and even be quite accurate about how he will do so in the future -but this does not prove the man's motives and sincerity -nor is it proof of his being sent by God. It is written in scripture....
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
....and this seems to suggest that any who speak a thing that comes true would be of God and vice versa -but taking this scripture ALONE can lead one to be deceived. It does nothing to prove what God wants one to do -but can easily be used to manipulate them to do what a man wants them to do!
A ridiculous example would be to prophesy that a child will be born in India this year -this is true, but says nothing of the one who prophesied it. Likewise, one can take what is plainly stated in the bible -add a bit here or there -even sincerely -be mostly correct -but not be sent by God.
Should we believe the false prophet because he says he will bring fire from heaven -and it comes to pass?
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men..
I am not saying Deu 18:22 is untrue -just that there is much else to consider.

If we are in the situation of wondering which man to follow, we are already in trouble. We should know now -beyond doubt -what God would have us do -and be striving to do so. Then we don't have to be worried about following men, but we will be certain God will lead us -though we should certainly be wary of being deceived again. We should follow the advice given in the bible...
1Jo 2:24-26 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life,
These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
Many ask "What would Jesus do?" -but if we take an honest look at what he DID do -we would find that even many mainstream Christians have already swallowed a pack of lies -different than what was given the apostles at the beginning -(and what was taught to -and done by the new testament church) -sincere though they may be. More reading of scripture and praying -and less listening to men -would do many a great deal of good.

As for calamity...
The times of trouble will affect the WHOLE WORLD...(though some will be protected from it on earth)
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
...Though it is correct to say that it will affect some FIRST (generally, the church is harshly persecuted before being protected, then the houses of Israel and Judah will be targeted -then others -then God will deal with those he used to chastise Israel and the world), it will affect everyone. After man is finished destroying man -almost to the point that no flesh is saved alive (Mat 24:22), God and his angels will finish off those who resist him...
(Rev 17:14,Zec 14:3-4,Joel 2) -and will then reign on earth (Christ) -those who were in the first resurrection with him (Rev 5:10,Rev 20:6)-over the decimated population of the earth -which will then have to repopulate. It will be a wonderful time -but preceded by the worst times that ever will be.

My point is -whether the gas pocket blows or not makes little difference if you are not keeping the commandments in spirit -in truth...and many would do well to read those commandments again -as men have made unauthorized changes.

Mat 19:17-19 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
(etc!!!!!-ALL the rest are also valid today!)

Jam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

1Jo 5:2-3 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Jam 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
intresting Wanda, thanks for the linl...

also look here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjtmaCI9_wM

also....
David Wilkerson’s End-Time Vision

By David Wilkerson

As Reported in Challenge Weekly, Vol. 59, Issue 46, November 27, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Wilkerson’s prophetic message, first given in September 7, 1992,
has been repeated since the September 11 tragedy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This warning is not meant to scare you. It’s meant only for you to take to the Lord and pray. This is what I believe God has shown me:

Thirty days of chastisement will fall on New York City such as the world has never seen. God is going to let down the walls.

There will be unimaginable violence and looting. The violence will be so ferocious, it will shock the whole world. Our streets will be lined, not just with the National Guard, but with militia.

A thousand fires will burn at the same time throughout the city. The Los Angeles fires were confined to a few sections of that city, but New York will be ablaze in all its boroughs. Fire trucks will not be able to handle it all.

Trains and busses will be shut down. Billions of dollars will be lost. Broadway shows will stop completely. Businesses will flee the city in an unstoppable hemorrhage. Such things are expected in Third World countries, but not in a civilized nation like the United States.

Yet, in not too long a time afterwards, New York City will go completely bankrupt. The Queen City will be cast into the dirt, becoming a city of poverty.

You may ask, “When will all this happen?” All I can say is, I believe I will be there when it happens. Yet, when it does, God’s people are not to panic or fear.

Calls and messages have flooded the David Wilkerson ministry office asking, “Was the terrorist attack on September 11 the calamity you were prophesying back in 1992?”

No, not at all. What I saw coming will be much more severe. Indeed, if America rejects God’s call to turn back to Him, we’ll face the same judgments Israel faced. And they will hit not only New York but also every region in the country. Even the heartland won’t be spared. The nation’s economy will collapse, and violence will erupt. Fires will consume our cities, and tanks will rumble through the streets.

Perhaps you wonder, as I have, “Can any of this be avoided?” Yes, absolutely. I believe we’ll be given a reprieve if our President proves to be a Josiah. You may well remember Josiah as the king who sought the Lord with all his heart.

We all should pray that God would give our President the same spirit that Josiah had, to tremble at his Word. The Lord spoke the following to Josiah:

Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof . . . because they have forsaken me, and have (worshipped) other gods. . . But (say) to the king of Judah which sent you to enquire of the Lord . . . Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the Lord, and thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse . . . I also have heard thee, saith the Lord. Behold therefore . . . thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place (2 Kings 22:15-20).

God told the king, in essence, “As long as you’re in power, trembling at my Word and relying on me, you won’t see the judgments to come. They won’t happen during your reign.”

I believe our window of opportunity to respond to God’s call is brief. We all should pray that our nation repents and turns back to the Lord. But our most intense prayers should be for our own hearts:

Lord let me tremble not at the disaster, but at your Word. I want to hear your voice in all of this. Cause me to turn wholly to you.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanda,
I have read the cited link and several others on this matter that Vince Diehl has written. I also read several of the articles that he has written regarding his life and legal problems in Texas and New Mexico that are found on Section H in his site. He apparently has had a long and intense battle with various govenment officials in Texas and New Mexico, including agents of the CIA and the FBI, so he obviously has a bitter grudge against America. He calls himself a prophet, and cites evidence for the accuracy of some of his precise prophecies, but I'm not sure that he has been "anointed" by God.

The physical facts regarding this huge supply of natural gas under the North American Continent may be correct, but these facts don't make it God's "bomb" for His use to judge America. Apparently in accord with his own statements, the supply of natural gas under our continent is being used so that even the State of Kansas, which is one of the established fields for tapping into this reservoir of natural gas, may have to import natural gas for its residents. So as the quanity of natural gas in being diministed by its normal use, I assume that there is less there to explode.

If something did occur to ignite this massive resevoir of gas and cause an explosion and fires throughout American and the North American Continent, such a catastrophe would, in my unscientific opinion, affect the entire planet and probably cause the end of life on earth. I assume that a very large quanity of the continental shelf of rock and dirt would be blown into the atmosphere, which would affect the quality of air and the weather around the earth. I also assume that the destruction of the continent would change the mass of the earth itself, and that this change would probably cause some changes in its rotation and orbit around the sun. Such a change in such a large amount of the earth's surface could not leave any part of the earth untouched. I don't think that Vince Diehl addresses this factor in his prophecies.

In light of these issues with his prophecies, I'm very skeptical about his predictions. But I do believe that America faces some judgment from God, but it may not be turned into the "great abyss". I hope that this helps.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wanda
Member # 6807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WARNING!
The information in the linked article is of the sort that could cause one to be overwhelmed by fear. I do not want to cause that and I feel like I need to apologize for even posting this, but it needs to be looked at. If you are prone to go into fear, you may want to do some deep breathing and get centered before proceeding. As you read, the scope of the thing will slowly hit you.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS????

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/165_The_Great_Abyss_A-D.html

The article starts out:

THE GREAT ABYSS
THE LORD'S GREAT LAKE OF FIRE
AN ENTIRE CONTINENT BURNING
THE VERY CONCEPT OF HELL
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Then, after showing photos of what America is probably in for, it states this:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE U.S GOVERNMENT HAS HAD ITS MILITARY, ITS BEST EXPERTS, SCIENTISTS FROM AMERICA'S BEST UNIVERSITIES, AS WELL AS EXPERTS FROM THE CHEVRON OIL COMPANY, EXAMINE WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ, AND NOT ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN ABLE TO DISPROVE ANY PART OF IT !! THEY KNOW IT'S TRUE, BUT THERE'S NO SOLUTION, SO THEY DON'T DARE TELL YOU !!

Read the rest at above link.

Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement