Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Revelations

Author Topic: Revelations
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tandsrfun [thumbsup2]
Keith [thumbsup2]

If you don't try to divide Matthew 24 into, it is very simple....

Every stone has not yet been fulfilled as some suggest happened in 70 AD.

Solomon’s Temple was destroyed in 70 AD, but not completely, at lest one wall stands intact till this very day, the "Wailing Wall" stands intact just as it stood in the day Yeshua walked the earth.

Yeshua always meant exactly what He said, every stone is every stone.

Yeshua said when you see these things begin to happen, know this Generation shall not pass.

We can't know the day nor the hour but we can know the season of Yeshua return.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev 1:3 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:17-21 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Sounds pretty important to me.

Bye for now. Y. b. in C. Keith

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tandsrfun
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tandsrfun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to address the issue of "This generation shall not pass away until theset hings be fulfilled"

Go back and read matthew again. This generation means simply, the generation that see all of these things come to pass.

matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Simple, read 24:1-33. Now the generation that see all of the things between 24 1-33 will not pass away.

That will be the generation living at the very end. This was a promise that the time of trouble would not last forever but the generation that experiences this awful time will see the second coming and the new age dawn.

Simple to me

--------------------
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation is the revelation of Jesus Christ -It was given first to Christ by the Father, then to John (Rev. 1:1). It details end-time events (wonderful and horrible), focusing on the shift of power from Satan's/man's rule to Christ's rule on Earth, but also gives an overview of the history of the church(s)through the ages -not only in Revelation 12 -the woman in this chapter being the TRUE church from the time of Christ until it is kept from the tribulation to come (not to be confused with the woman in scarlet -the great false church of Rev 17)-but also in Rev. 1, where the seven churches which were in asia are analogous to the seven church eras -ending with the Philadelphian and Laodicean eras -the Philidelphians being kept from tribulation and the Laodiceans going into the tribulation.
It is true that the best thing we can do is obey God -and he will certainly lead those who are sincere, but this book contains some very important information which can keep us from being deceived in the last days. He had it written and set before us for a reason. In my opinion, the three most important verses in this book tell us what we ought to be doing... 12:17, 14:12 and 22:14... We should be KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS -all ten of them! Some believe there are only two: Love God and Man -but the first of the ten are the basics of HOW to love God -and the latter are the basics of HOW to love man. When questioned, most would agree that we ought to do do all of the commandments...except the sabbath. All of God's SABBATHS, however, were kept by Christ and the NT church, as evidenced by NT scripture (Luke 22:15, I Cor 5:7-8, 15:52, 16:8, Matt 24:31, Acts 2:1, 20:16, Rom 5:11, John 7:6-10, John 7:37 MOST OF THE IMPORTANT MILESTONES IN CHURCH HISTORY HAPPENED ON THESE SABBATHS!) and history -until those who kept the commandments were persecuted into obscurity, and the great false church declared those who kept the sabbath to be anathema from Christ -hundreds of years after the death of Christ!
(THE COUNCIL OF LAODICEA IN PHRYGIA PACATIANA 364 A.D.: CANON XXIX. CHRISTIANS must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.)
Rather than the keeping of God's weekly seventh day sabbath and yearly sabbaths (holy days -Passover, Days of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles, Last Great Day) which outline the plan of God for man, this same church allowed the introduction of pagan rituals and observances, such as what became Christmas and Easter. Christmas was derived from rituals far predating Christ -and spoken against in Jeremiah 10, and EASTER's very name is a clue to its origins -it is another spelling of ISHTAR or ASTARTE -the name of the chief goddess of the babylonian mystery religion -which is why this church -in Revelation 17:5 -is called MYSTERY:BABYLON THE GREAT!
Keeping God's commandments and holy days is also HOW TO NOT RECEIVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST. Notice it is the SECOND beast -the false prophet -a RELIGIOUS leadership(Rev 13:11-17) -who causes people to receive the mark of the FIRST beast. Notice also the mark is in the FOREHEAD AND RIGHT HAND (13:16). THE ONLY OTHER PLACE IN THE BIBLE THIS LANGUAGE IS USED IS TO DESCRIBE THE SIGN BETWEEN GOD AND HIS PEOPLE! THIS SIGN IS HIS SABBATHS AND COMMANDMENTS (Exodus 13:9, Deu 6:4-9 & 11:18) -We are not to judge each other in holy days or sabbaths -but we are to obey God -we are not to call one day more holy than another, but God Almighty hallowed HIS sabbaths -and we can not make them unholy! Christ did not abolish the law -he kept it -it was the judgments under the law which changed -stoning, sacrifice, etc... We are not under the law WHEN WE KEEP IT -and without the spirit we could not keep it in spirit -so they made God's spirit available to man! If we break man's laws we are under them and we are subject to penalty -If we have God's spirit we can keep the law in letter and SPIRIT!
These may seem like technicalities, but they will become very important. When those who kept the sabbath were declared anathema from Christ they were also shunned in SOCIETY -and so found it difficult even to BUY AND SELL! So it will be again. It does not matter whether or not actual markings will be made on the flesh in the future-maybe not -maybe so -but this can be forced -refusal is in choice -refusal of the false and keeping of the true commandments -EVEN UNDER PENALTY OF POVERTY AND DEATH! Please read also.. MATT. 19:17-21, Luke 10:25-28, IJohn 3:4, Romans 3:31, 6:15, 7:7....... And if the weekly sabbath is not important -how much less would something like the ancient Feast of Tabernacles be important??? YET.... When Christ rules the Earth -and the faithful with him (Rev 5:10) -those nations which do not go up to Jerusalem to KEEP THAT VERY FEAST WILL RECEIVE NO RAIN!!!!! (Zech 14:16-19) How much more the day which is a memorial of the preparation of the earth for the creation of man???
God looks upon the heart -it is true -considering sincerity above knowledge of the letter of the law -but we cheat ourselves by not observing those things he gave us to bless us with understanding -the law is a firm foundation of understanding -the holy days teach his plan -to be deceived is to believe that anything else is true!
Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sauron:
Personally I don't feel Revelations is all that relevant. It's hard to interpret and understand, and it's no longer viable in our faith.

In the meantime, just be a good person. If the end times come, the Bible will show you the way.

First off, it is a very important book it is the Revelation of Jesus Christ (not Revelation"s"). Some of it can be difficult to understand, if you've never read it. And it may require several readings--I'd say 90% or more isn't that difficult.

Just being a good person does nothing. Jesus told us, "there's not one good, no not one!--except God". Unless one repents, puts his faith in Christ and is born again, they'll be subjected to God's judgment and wrath. There's not one deed good enough to cut it or save you. There's not one "good" thing YOU can do to obtain salvation. We could never be good enough to be righteous before God or we could never meet the standard of God regardless of our deeds. Salvation is from the grace of God...it is a free gift from God to you if you repent and put your trust in Jesus. Jesus took the wrath that we deserve and paid our penalty of judgment on our behalf--only if we repent, turn from our sins and put our faith in Him. This is why we need Jesus (He doesn't need us). Without Jesus paying they price for us, we're all lost and hopeless.

The Bible shows you the way now! Today is the day of salvation! Don't wait until the days of the end are upon us to worry about it--for as the Scriptures says, "no one knows the time when their soul will be required of them".

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The book of revelation is a very important book. Since the bible is self teaching all of the information needed to interpret revelation is already in the bible. As was suggested, let the Holy Spirit lead you because His purpose is to lead us to Jesus and Jesus is the source of the vision in this book. Furthermore, in chapter one it is revealed that blessed is everyone that reads and understands these words. True ,much of it is difficult, but if you make an effort over the years to accumulate knowledge pertaining to it's message I believe you will make progress. Proverbs encourages us to gain wisdom,knowledge,and understanding. Ask and you shall receive,seek and you shall find,knock and the door will be opened. Let me share some of my insight on this book. The first three books are messages to the seven churches. In chapter one we see seven lampstands. In the middle John saw Jesus holding seven stars in his right hand. The interpretation is given. The lampstands are the seven churches and the stars are the seven angels over the seven churches. When we go to chapter 4 we find out there are seven spirits before God. If you do a study with a concordance you will find out these seven spirits go to and fro throughout the whole earth searching the hearts of men. Also revealed in chapters 4 and 5 are things certain individuals are saying. Take note of this because this is very important. The living creatures,the 24 elders,the saints,the angels. In heaven they cannot help but worship God because there is no resistance. On earth we have much spiritual resistance from the kingdom of darkness. God knows this and is greatly pleased when we break through and worship Him. He is revealing to us in these chapters what heavenly beings are doing in heaven so it can also be done on earth like he taught us in the Lord's prayer. I love to quote these statements. Holy,holy,holy is the Lord God Almighty,who was, and is ,and is to come. Getting back to chapters 1-3 these messages to the churches are that they should repent. God chastises those whom He loves and here He is correcting some things in His church. Repent simply means 'to change'. And that is what we keep doing as we grow in the Lord. There are varying teachings on revelation so when you do your studys be aware that different authors may be discussing differing theories, especially in some of the later chapters on the seven vials,trumpets, and bowls judgements. Remember that God won't give you more than you can steward so thank Him for what he does give you. Another thing about worship is you must enter his gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. In the old testament tabernacle they were to bring a sacrifice, but now WE are a living sacrifice of thanksgiving. Then the priest offered a sacrifice for us. But now we offer a sacrifice of praise. These two(thanksgiving and praise) are essential to get to the holy of holies. The holy of holies was the place where revelation was given to the high priest for Israel. Jesus is our high priest now,but to get revelation from Him we must offer up thanksgiving and praise to Him until our hearts are intent on hearing Him. I am sure that if you follow this plan you are going to be amazed at how much the Lord will begin to trust you with. Eye has not seen nor ear heard the things that God has laid up for those who diligently seek Him, but He has revealed it to them by His Spirit.

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
After all, Revelations makes the claim these events will happen within a generation; they obviously have happened and we are unaware, or the Bible is greviously wrong
Good Day,

The bible does make the claim that these events will happen within a generation; but what is a generation unto God? The generation spoken about in the book of “Revelation” not ‘revelations,’ is not the humanistic generation by which we base a span of time, but a different type of generation.

For the longest time I never understood what that meant either. Because if the book of “Revelation” was speaking of a prophetic future time, and obviously a generation has passed, then why are we not all living in paradise promised us in the book of “Revelation”?

The reason why is because that generation has not passed yet. God revealed to me what the “generation” spoken about was. I feel that the revelation God gave to me was strictly between himself and I, and that I should not openly converse this wisdom with any other.

What I will say is this: There are three (3) generations that the world will pass through. The first and second generation has already passed us by, and we are now living in the third (3rd) generation, which is the final generation.

The bible is never “grievously” wrong in anything. This has been proven by scholars time and time again, yet there is always someone who says that it is wrong. The devil, our enemy, is a wandering beast, seeking to devour the truth and peace of the world. If you let this type of thinking infect your mind, then the enemy has defeated you in that area of your life.

The book of Revelation is not meant to scare Christians, but to give us hope, so that when these events do start to occur we will not be afraid, but face the time with hope, and thanks giving; because we are soon going home.

There are certain things within the book of Revelation that has occurred, but there are a few more things that will occur before things get worse.

The book of Revelation is one of the most difficult books of the bible to comprehend, but with dedication, and much prayer, the Lord may reveal the information within its pages to you, as he has done for countless others.

So until this final generation has ended, let the book of Revelation give you hope, and not discouragement.

God Bless.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sauron, All Scripture is given by Inspiration of God. That truth alone makes the book of Revelation very important.
You said the Revelation is no longer viable in our faith. What Faith would that be?

God makes the claims of the Book of Revelation, and it would do all well to take heed,many of The events in Revelation are in play right now, Such as the Church age described by the seven Churches in chapters 2 and 3.

You may find revelations hard to understand,Ask God to help you, let the Holy Spirit show you the truth of that great and wonderful God given Book. Art.

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[rapture]
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sauron
Member # 6708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sauron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I don't feel Revelations is all that relevant. It's hard to interpret and understand, and it's no longer viable in our faith. To be obsessed with the end times is to lose rationality. After all, Revelations makes the claim these events will happen within a generation; they obviously have happened and we are unaware, or the Bible is greviously wrong.

I think we should take Revelations far more metaphorically than it is. It already uses metaphor; I doubt there's really going to be angels trumpeting each of the seven (keys?) things that are supposed to herald the end times.

In the meantime, just be a good person. If the end times come, the Bible will show you the way.

--------------------
"The Kingdom [of Heaven] is inside you and it is outside you.

Posts: 5 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement