Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » U.S. Christians Under Attack by 2 Bills!

Author Topic: U.S. Christians Under Attack by 2 Bills!
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While this sort of thing bothers me in the sense that this is where the world is going and in the sense that I also believe that the day is coming in this country when one will be persecuted and perhaps even jailed for professing Christ, lets please be honest about this. No one can force me to hire or promote someone that I don't want to hire or promote.

If I did not want to hire someone there are probably innumerable reasons why I might not desire to hire them I am sure,and I do not have to chose to make my decision based on their sexual preferences or sin.

Honestly I don't have to give anyone a reason for not hiring whom ever I don't want to hire. And this surely is not a law that says I must hire homosexuals.

On the other hand, I just might think about hiring a homosexual because it would give me a tremendous opportunity to witness to them the love of Christ.

As to promoting a homosexual- would it really be right to prevent an employing who is doing his job well and is the most qualified applicant for a higher level position from advancing because he practices homosexual sin? Did Jesus not chose Judas to be among the 12 though he was the devil?

As a Christian business woman is it my job to punish the sinner because I can or is it mine to show him love and witness to him and to treat him as I would any other human being in the world in spite of his sin. Did Jesus not eat with the publicans and sinners? Who is a better witness of Christ than the Christian employer that treats his homosexual employee with fairness and justice and yet speaks the truth that homosexuality is a sin to be repented of or the Christian business owner that refuses to promote and holds back a qualified employee because he is also a sinner?

As to non profit ministries and churches and losing their tax exempt status- honestly- why should we have more privilege in the world's economy because we are Christians? We are here to be IN the world - though we are not OF the world and it is in doing this that we shine with HIS light to the world. We will suffer here as the world suffers - we should be exposed to the hardships of living in this world even those of taxes- it is God that put these governments in place and God who allows them to remain in place and we should render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and do so with thanksgiving to our God for his provision - to do so while the world moans and groans about their taxes is a witness of OUR God and our peace in CHRIST. Furthermore- if the churches of this country would give up their tax exemptions you would see a lot more of the church's money going to support the needs of THE CHURCH and not into land and buildings and the likes while THE CHURCH in so many instances has to go to Caesar for basic needs and healthcare that we should be providing to each other as members of the ONE BODY of CHRIST!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they can not take it away if you don't have it.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering: if a church has not applied for 501C3 status will it be affected by these laws?

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
will2serve
Member # 6595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for will2serve   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, I am new here so first I would like to say a prayer of guidance. Dear FAther in Heaven above, I pray for Your truth and understanding as I come before this beloved group of believer's. Oh, how great is thy faithfulness, most of All, to your WORD for it reveals light in a dark world. I ask that we in the name of Your Son's Bolessed Power, to have us see the vision You have for us in this generation. For those who come to seek YOUR ways, to be given true light and from You above who CANNOT sent evil, deceit but truth and wrath.

Keep our hearts and minds faithful to the PURE WORD You sent us.
In His Glory I pray,
Amen

Dear beloved, the Father knows our hearts and grief over these things and we are His if we abide in Him, I am come to share the plain childlike word He has shown me. First, from the very start of His Creating... everything was recognized to be 'GOOD'. This is clearly of a truth which we have overlooked greatly.

He did not make it perfect and we are not anymore like HIM, in His likeness, as No One can be more like G_D, his name is Yahweh, and there is none like Him. The serpent beguiled EVE and she believed the lie, now we all have been following the deceit of religion. Yahweh does not make anything on earth the way. He sent His One and ONLY Begoten, of the Father DOWN to earth to be THE Final sacrifice and we are in the earth, cast away from His throne, so we may take of the truth, tree of Life. It isn't trickery, only Pure and the Natural man (kind ) cannot see the things of Yahweh, we would be all put to death by His Glory.
Look at the WORD as others were in His presence and ask Him to show TRUTH in an open heart, He cannot fail. We do and will until He comes to take that which is in part away and brought to an incorruptible being, as He is!
Friends we are deceived bevcause YHWH cannot be mocked, imitated or even like unto, He is ALL in ALL.

We must get out of the thinking this world has taught us, because it is not the unique and divine will of the ALmighty One who made each one of us a unique and set apart or peculiar people for His use and divine path of Righteousness.
This message is sent in a loving Heart for all, as I was pondering on the personal role(s) of Ruth, Esther and even Deborah, some in the New Covenant also. Woman look at yourself and see own beam that the mote will be seen by the other one looking at yours...
Be turn8ing always to the Repentantance of...
Bless Yahweh Amen

Posts: 3 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
will2serve
Member # 6595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for will2serve   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, I am new here so first I would like to say a prayer of guidance. Dear FAther in Heaven above, I pray for Your truth and understanding as I come before this beloved group of believer's. Oh, how great is thy faithfulness, most of All, to your WORD for it reveals light in a dark world. I ask that we in the name of Your Son's Bolessed Power, to have us see the vision You have for us in this generation. For those who come to seek YOUR ways, to be given true light and from You above who CANNOT sent evil, deceit but truth and wrath.

Keep our hearts and minds faithful to the PURE WORD You sent us.
In His Glory I pray,
Amen

Dear beloved, the Father knows our hearts and grief over these things and we are His if we abide in Him, I am come to share the plain childlike word He has shown me. First, from the very start of His Creating... everything was recognized to be 'GOOD'. This is clearly of a truth which we have overlooked greatly.

He did not make it perfect and we are not anymore like HIM, in His likeness, as No One can be more like G_D, his name is Yahweh, and there is none like Him. The serpent beguiled EVE and she believed the lie, now we all have been following the deceit of religion. Yahweh does not make anything on earth the way. He sent His One and ONLY Begoten, of the Father DOWN to earth to be THE Final sacrifice and we are in the earth, cast away from His throne, so we may take of the truth, tree of Life. It isn't trickery, only Pure and the Natural man (kind ) cannot see the things of Yahweh, we would be all put to death by His Glory.
Look at the WORD as others were in His presence and ask Him to show TRUTH in an open heart, He cannot fail.

Posts: 3 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAAFOTL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If, I'm not mistaken I think that bill passed a couple of weeks ago!!! I think it passed in fact on National Prayer day!

Update: Okay, it did pass the US House of Representatives on National Prayer Day and is now in Senate for consideration.

Here's a link to the story: ENDA-Hate Crimes Bills Force Homosexual-Transgender Agenda Upon Nation

--------------------
Study to show yourself approved, a workman unto God who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
_ ____ _
My screen name stands for "I am a Friend of The Lord's"

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long will we put up with the likes of Bawney Fwank and his sick, pathetic ilk?
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie,

Thank you for telling us this. I have signed petitions and sent e-mails to Washington State Congressman. Not that it did any good. We are a blue state.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackHowell
Advanced Member
Member # 6507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackHowell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm not mistaken, a similar law was enacted in Canada not too long ago. It won't be long before it will be a crime to be a Christian here in the USA and in Canada, as well as elesewhere. The spirit of antichrist is on the move, making way for the coming of the Antichrist.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if we can Stop this... but we can try as long as the Lord allows us to. You can click on the link at the bottom and they'll show you what you can do to make your voice heard on this issue:

Pastors and Christians can be locked up for their beliefs

A new bill, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), has been introduced in the House of Representatives by homosexual Congressman Barney Frank. The bill (HR 2015) would force organizations such as the Boy Scouts, Veterans of Foreign Wars, day care centers, Christian business owners, adoption agencies, public schools, municipalities and a host of other businesses and organizations to hire homosexual applicants.

ENDA would make it illegal to fire, refuse to hire or refuse to promote an employee based on his or her sexual orientation or "gender identity." Such acts would be considered crimes subject to severe penalties. For a list of the co-sponsors of ENDA, click here.

The same day that ENDA was introduced, another bill — commonly called the Hate Crimes Act (HR 1592) — cleared committee for a full vote by the House. The Hate Crimes Act criminalizes a vast array of state and local acts and threatens religious leaders with criminal prosecution for their thoughts, beliefs, and statements.

The intent of the Hate Crimes Act is to give special status to homosexuals. Republicans tried to expand the “protected class” in the bill to include senior citizens, pregnant women, prior victims, children under 18, the unborn, court witnesses, the military and more. Democrats defeated all amendments, projecting the welfare of homosexuals above other classes of citizens. The House Judiciary Committee then passed the bill on strict party lines —20 Democrats for and 14 Republicans against.

Go here. http://www.afa.net/enda043007.htm

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement