Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Drill Portrays Christians as Killers, Done by School Officials in NJ

Author Topic: Drill Portrays Christians as Killers, Done by School Officials in NJ
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Rogg.

I honestly did not mind turning 55. I now can get senior citizen discounts. [Big Grin] Of course I was a little put off when my daughter told me Happy 155 Birthday. But my kids think I am older then dirt.
I have never lied abut my age. Mama said we have two choices getting older or dying. I prefer getting older. [Smile]
God bless you,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
55? Your just a kid... [Smile]
Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you. I had a good Birthday. My kids helped me come up with my name, of course they tell everyone that I am older then dirt.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eva
Member # 6468

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, Grandma... Happy Birthday!

YSIC, Eva

Posts: 6 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eva
Member # 6468

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grandma,
Thank you. It seems funny calling you grandma since I am older than you. I have looked for some time for a site to talk to other Christians. I live alone and have rebelled against TV, so I read a lot or watch movies. I keep up with the news through my computer.
I am a retired special education teacher and I now work for a home health company doing respite for inhome clients.
I am divorced from my alcoholic husband and have finnaly gotten my youngest kids raised. I have two grown children, raised two adopted boys, and 3 grandchildren.
I like living alone because it gives me uninterrupted time with God. I do enjoy going to church(a small country Baptist church), my family and my many animals.

I am looking forward to talking to you.
Your Sister In Christ,
Eva

Posts: 6 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I signed the petition at ACLJ.

Eva,
Welcome to the board. I am a 55 year grandmother as of today. Today being my birthday. I was actually happy about this birthday. I figure if I am going to be old, I might as well get the senior discount. Hubby and I got married in 1970, the summer before my senior year. (not cause we had to [Wink] but because we wanted to)
Of course my daughter called me this morning and ask me how it felt to be 155. HAHA I have two grown children and two grandchildren 11 and 16. I have been a Christian since I was 7 and grew up in the Church. I was raised in the Assembly of God Church but have been Baptist since hubby got saved in 1994. He felt more comfortable in the Baptist Church because as a kid he went there for Bible School. When I was a kid we kids went to all the Bible Schools so I was comfortable in many Churches so that was not a problem.
Any way I wanted to introduce myself and welcome you to the board.
betty [hug]

--------------------

Eva
Member # 6468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This shouldn't surprise us. For the past couple years it seems like there is an organized effort in the world to denigrade Christianity. For example, the choclate Christ, the documentary of Jesus'tomb, DiVinci Code book and movie, Bible Codes and there are numerous books out that try to explain away the concept of Satan and Christ. When you throw in the acts of well known ministers and churchs that accept gays in their pulpits, this article fits right into todays moral atmosphere. Sodom and Gomarrah???
YSIC, Eva [Cross]

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a good development

Article

Posted: April 3, 2007
5:40 p.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

School officials in Burlington, N.J., who wanted to stage a "hostage situation" drill have portrayed the attackers as Christians, including one who was upset that his daughter was expelled for praying before class.

Supt. Chris Manno praised the exercise to test the response of the school and police, explaining, "You perform as you practice. We need to practice under conditions as real as possible in order to evaluate our procedures and plans so that they're as effective as possible."

Lifesite News reported that the Christian students in the school were offended when the student body was told the alleged gunmen were "members of a right-wing fundamentalist group called the 'New Crusaders' who don't believe in separation of church and state."

The Burlington County Times said the mock gunmen pretended to shoot several students in the hallways before taking 10 students hostage in the district's media center.

Organizers of the drill said the "Christian" gunmen had gone to the school "seeking justice because the daughter of one had been expelled for praying before class."

But there's not much of reality to that scenario, according to Bob Pawson, spokesman for the Scriptures in School Project. Instead, it was just an excuse to denigrate Christians, he said.

"So what allegedly real condition was imagineered? A grotesque scenario saturated with Christian-bashing prejudice and bigotry; a scenario which could never possibly occur," he said.

It doesn't even meet the logic test, he said. "As all Burlington school officials know full well: It is perfectly legal for any student or staff member to pray in a public school. They know that no student can ever be expelled for praying before class. Hence, the contrived reason for the mock attack is bogus."

County officials said the drill was the first live test of its sort in their area, but Pawson said it was more a test of New Jersey Christians, trying to determine their response "to such a blatant example of anti-Christian animosity."

In a belated statement released on the school's website, officials said there were "concerns" that had been shared regarding the test.

"Any perceived insensitivities to our religious community as a result of the emergency exercise are regrettable," the school said.

"Our schools have respected and supported staff members' and students' right to pray. Students and staff have held morning prayer vigils. There are various prayer groups within the High School as well as an established Bible club," the school said.

The U.S. Supreme Court nearly 40 years ago concluded that students do not give up their constitutional rights "to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate," and the U.S. Department of Education explicitly supports that freedom, penalizing any school that disallows constitutionally protected religious speech.

"A public apology is in order," Pawson said. "The citizens of Burlington County could rightly demand the resignation or termination of school officials who dreamed up and approved this reprehensible scenario."

In a commentary on Newsbusters.org, a writer lamented the situation.

"This is the root of liberal bias. It starts in the schools and spreads throughout from the children to the town councils and eventually to local newspapers such as the Burlington County Times where staff writer David Levinsky blends the fantasy of the mock scenario with the reality of school shootings through America," the writer said.

"The real story is that it has become acceptable to discriminate against Christians with bigoted characterizations that portray them as gun wielding psycho killers," the writer said.

The local newspaper had reported the drill was that of a situation that has "played out" numerous times across America. "Two Burlington Township police detectives portrayed the gunmen. Investigators described them as members of a right-wing fundamentalist group…"

Said Terry Trippany, editor at Webloggin, on a personal blog, "If the police had portrayed the real life scenario of gay terrorists or abortion rights activists upset for any contrived reason you would read about it in every major paper across the United States; and rightfully so because IT WOULD BE RIDICULOUSLY STUPID."

An author at StopTheAclu.com said, "This is the stupid local bureaucrat version of the Sum of All Fears. What would have made the 'drill more realistic' would have been to cut the **** and portray the child-killing terrorists as Islamists."

The local newspaper reported that, "Burlington Township Public Safety Director William Corter said the drill was the first live exercise testing the police and school response plans to a hostage crisis. 'This should really show how well we work together and respond,' Corter said. 'If mistakes are made, we want to know how they should be corrected. The things we do right, we still want to see how we can make them better.'"

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement