Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » the great tribulation

Author Topic: the great tribulation
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parousia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Parousia:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Caretaker:
[qb] Acts 1:
9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Parousia-notice he says NOTHING about the disciples seeing him when Jesus returns..It says He will come in "like"manner..otherwords..upon clouds..and again..this is not literal..

Rev. 1:
7: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Parousia- I have already explained this scripture..it still remains one that many have no anwser for..it clearly says that [those who pierced]him..will see him..now you seriously believe that those who pierced him are alive today somewhere in this world?[since you believe this is till future]

Matt. 25:
31: When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Matthew 16:27-28-For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Jesus said unto who?...YOU apostles
Do we have any original apostles alive today in 2007?

Let us believe the Bible not the deceived Parousia.

Get mad at me all you want..this is in your Bible

2 Tim. 4:
1: I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Parousia-exactly- When He came..He settled everything...

2: Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4: And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5: But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6: For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Parousia-Paul about to be be-headed..was about to experience THE ressurection..Paul was never on trial for believing in a "rapture"not one scripture suports that..Paul was in question over the ressurection..something we all will experience upon death..

Posts: 68 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parousia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Acts 1:
9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Rev. 1:
7: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Matt. 25:
31: When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

2 Tim. 4:
1: I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2: Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4: And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5: But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
7: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

LOL..I gave you Bible..you have nothing but scripture to argue against..
Posts: 68 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Matt. 24:1-51

In Jesus private teaching to His disciples on the Mount of Olives He responded to 3 questions concerning the destruction of the temple, His 2nd coming and The end.

These topics are interwoven and sometimes it is difficult to determine which event is being described.

But it can be partially resolved with the realization that most prophecy is capable of both a near and a remote fulfillment.

Jesus uses the tragic events surrounding the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD as a picture of conditions preceding His own return.

Jesus disciples came up to Him to show Him the buildings of the temple and Jesus told them basiclly that the temple would be thrown down and it was in 70AD.

But notice the next questions. "Tell us, when will these things be? AND what will be the sign of Your coming (coming from where is the question here as obviously He had not left yet)and the end of the age.

The end of the age has not come yet. For jesus sketches the prevailing conditions of their Present age right down to the very END and states their continuing task. So we must ask ourselves this question.

Did the gospel End and stop when the last disciple/Apostle died? Was 70 AD the END?
Did religous deception, social and political upheavel, natural calamities, disloyalty and persecution (all of which are precursors of the End times) cease?

In verse 8 "All these things are the "beginning of sorrows" This greek/english idiom derives from the Hebrew idiom which means "labor pains"
which was expected to preced the END, marking the transition from this age to the Age to come. This will be the full Delivery if you will.

Now has anyone ever heard the idiom or expression speaking of a pregnant woman as having a "Bun in the oven?"

Matt 13:33 states

"The kingdom of heaven is like Leaven, which a woman took and hid in 3 measures of meal till it was ALL leavened".

at present, the kingdom is not fully manifest, but at the consumation in the AGE to COME, it will be known to ALL.

Matt 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in ALL the world as a witness to ALL the Nations, and then the End will come."

Matt 24:15
The abomination of desolation, prophesied in Dan. 9:27 11:31 12:11 was applied by the author of the apocryphal book 1 Maccabees to the desecration of the temple in 168 B.C. by the Syrian ruler Antiochus Epiphanes. However, Jesus views the prochecy as referring to another profanation- the arrival of the Roman army, which besieged jerusalem and destroyed the temple in 70 AD.

That event is a FORESHADOWING of the conditions connected with Christs Return. So, the prophecy awaits ultimate fulfillment.

If one wants to know their future one only has to look back to the past. There is a Greater Exodus coming for the believers in Jesus.

The story of the exodus in the Old test. is also a foreshadowing of the things spoken of in Revelation. And it wasn't just the Israelits that came out of Egypt but a "mixed multitude" also came with them.

Read for yourselves the plagues poured out in revelation and compare them against the plagues in the exodus story. Its really quite amazing.
He truly is the Alpha and Omega!

I want to thorw this in here, just something I discovered on my own during my personal studying of the word.

The last word in the book of Genesis is "EGYPT."
And aren't we all still in Egypt, awaiting the redeeption of our bodies and for the Lord to come and take us home? Just as Abraham said he was a pilgrim here.

The last word in the book of Exodus is "JOURNEYS".
And aren't we all on a journey here until the Lord returns? But there is a joy in the journey Praise be to Him that leads us!

The last word in the book of "Leviticus" is MT. SINAI. This is where God dwealt, on top of that Mountain.

The last word in the book of "NUMBERS" is the word "Jerico". In the book of Joshua chapter 5 Joshua discovered that there was a COMMANDER, mighter than he, who stands ready to lead the Nation in conquest.

Joshua himself was a type of Christ. His name means "Yahweh is Salvation" and is a hebrew equivalent to the Greek "Jesus". Joshua led the Israelits and the "mixed multitude" into the possession of their promised inheritance, just as Christ leads us into possession of eternal life.

The last word(s) in the book of DUETERONOMY is ALL ISRAEL. And we know from the New Test that the Israel of God are believers in Yeshua.

To summerize, Believers (Israel of God)delievered from Egypt (Old self) Journey here on this earth being led by our Commander Yeshua to break down those walls of Jerico in our lifes to make it to the promised land (Mt. Sinai)

Some of you may come up with more as you study the Torah/5 books of Moses.

The Scriptures are full of types and shadows, "sod" which in hebrew means deeper meanings ect..

My point being that the book of Revelation is as much for us today as it was to those churches that recieved the book in Johns day.

Yeshuas words to His disciples about the destruction of the temple did happen in 70 AD, Daniels words about the Abomination of desolation also happened. But there is coming another exodus, more destructions, and a final battle and a finalality of the age or world as we know it and the world to come with Yeshua to rule and reign.

Baruch Ha Ba Ba-Shem Adoni!

Blessed is He Who comes in the Name of the Lord!
Who WAS And IS And IS to Come. Will you be ready when the King arrives? Even so come Lord Yeshua!

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acts 1:

Rev. 1:

Matt. 25:

2 Tim. 4:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
2 Tim. 3:
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Rev. 1:
3: Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4: John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5: And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6: And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

There will be those who are deceived and deny the Word.

There will be those who believe and receive the Word.

There will be those as the five wise virgins who the Bride Groom will gather.

There will be those as the five foolish who will be left behind and not enter into the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

I noticed you totally left out Revelation 1:1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Does shortly mean to stretch it out over 2000 yrs?

Revelation 1:4...To the seven churches..which are where?...in America? No Asia..

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Comes with clouds..this is nothing new to a 1st century audience..in fact they heard this language before..in the OT!!!..Coming in clouds always meant JUDGEMENT!!..

Isa 19:1-The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. This is describing God coming in a swift judgement against Egypt!!!

Jeremiah 4:13- Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots shall be as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled.

This is describing God coming in judgment to spoil Jerusalem!!!! Just a few examples of how the Bible speaks in symbolism and metaphoric language..Did God literally come in clouds?..no..impossible..God is a Spirit!! We cannot see him with the human eye...

Even those who pierced him...The very ones who drove the nails would see Jesus return in Judgment..either they had to be alive to see this or we have a serious error in scripture...

All kindreds of the earth!!!..actual translation says..all the TRIBES OF THE LAND..Do we have proof in the scriptures that the Gentiles were EVER refer to as a tribe?..no..the only people who were refer as a tribe were the Jews..and this is what Revelation is specifically dealing with..Jesus coming in judgment against the Jews who rejected him...and as scripture portrays..it is a local judment not a worldwide scale as so many buy into and want to believe..Revelation is a epistle written by John to the seven churches telling them about the coming of the end of the age...End of the Temple..end of the Mosaic era..John also mentioned in Revelation 1:9

I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, Did you read that?..John was in the same tribulation as was the 1st century church..being persecuted..tormented if found and killed..It was not a load the kids in the station wagon this Sunday and lets all go to church..sorry..you did not mention church in those days..it was in secret..and house to house..being a christian meant taking risks..and loosing your life was always a possibility..

Revelation has been portrayed in a very negative doom and gloom light...and his audience was not some people 2000 yrs later..There are many "time indicators"given to spell what time it all was going down..

Rev 22:7...behold..I come quicklky!!!

Rev 22:12....And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev 22:20...Surely...I come quickly!!!

We trust the Saviour for his words for Salvation..but when he said he was to come quickly..we have a problem believing him there..I believe Jesus told the truth..and He accomplished ALL He said he would do...Let us believe the Bible..not Jerry Jenkins..

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
thanks again. There is so much that the Bible has instore for us. God did not give us the Bible and forget about us. God knew this generation when He wrote the Bible though the pen of men. Knowing that God knew us before we were even born should make us all feel more special. God loved us before we were born.
betty

God knew "this generation"? I agree He did..I also agree he knew THAT generation that saw it all happen...

Acts -2..Was Peter preaching to save yourself from THIS generation or one that is 2000 yrs away? same greek word!!

Luke 17-25..Jesus must first suffer many things and be rejected of THIS GENERATION-Was Jesus rejected of that generation of his day or not?....same greek word!!!!

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." THIS generation..if He meant a future one..Surely God knows grammar..He would have mentioned..THAT generation..same greek word

Jesus was obviously referring to the contemporary generation of that day, i.e., the lifetime of the disciples. This is consistent with numerous other gospel references. For instance, Jesus said he would be "rejected of this generation" (Lk.17:25). The generation that rejected Jesus was that first century generation. He said, "This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet." (Lk.11:29) The sign of Jonas was given to that same generation when Jesus rose from the dead.

In Matthew 23, Jesus pronouced seven woes upon the Pharisees and scribes of his day, calling them the children of them which killed the prophets, and saying to them, "Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon THIS generation." In Luke 11:50-51, he said to the Pharisees, "The blood of all the prophets...shall be required of this generation." Less than forty years later, God avenged the blood of His Son, and all the prophets, in the destruction of Jerusalem.

"All these things" included three major things:

1. The destruction of the Temple, which was the centerpiece of the Olivet Discourse.

2. The coming of the Lord.

3. The end of the age.

In other words, all three elements of the disciples' questioning would be fulfilled in a single time period - "this generation". This, in turn, means that we cannot seperate the Lord's return from the desolation of Jerusalem, which happened in 70 A.D. The two events went hand-in-hand.

This is all in your bible..and so many claim to believe in the Bible yet reject what it plainly says...

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by Parousia:
One reason many believe the great tribulation is still a future even is seemingly unqualified statement in Matthew 24:21

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

While the fall of Jerusalem in AD 70 was certainly a calamity for the Jews,futurists argue,it was NOT the great tribulation that "will"take place on a [worldwide scale]..I believe scripture explains that the tribulation was local and confined to Judea.Matthew 23 Jesus condemmed the Pharisees and tells them that these judgements will come upon [this]generation that is==THEIR generation[23:26]Notice Jesus mourns over the city of "Jerusalem"(23:27}not the world,and He pronounces judgement upon the temple,leaving it,not a future temple,"desoloate" [23:38;24:2] The people live in houses with flat roofs [24:17]and the Sabbath was still in force with rigid travel restrictions[24:20].In Marks account of the Olivet discourse He tells us that the disciples will be delivered "up to the courts".flogged in the synagogues" and made to stand before govenors and kings[13:9] Matthew 10:17-18

But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

The Book of Acts actually tells us the FULFILLMENT of the prediction of Jesus about polictical tribulation [4:1-22;5:17-40;8:1-3;12:1-9;14:19-20;16:22-23;22:30-23:11....in the period BEFORE the destruction of Jerusalem..This explains clearly what life was like during the 1st century..The tribulation had reference to the Jews,the people of Judea....it was NOT a worldwide tribulation as many think and proclaim.

Those who remained in Jerusalem up unto the time of the temple's destruction had to be able to see the "abomination of desolation" [24:15]People around the globe will have no such advantage if what Jesus describes here as a worldwide tribulation period.The Only ones who can benefit are the ones who can see the temple..Another reason the trib is not global is because all one would have to do is flee to the mountains..Please notice what Jesus said and to WHOM he spoke.."let THOSE who be in Judea flee to the mountains [24:16] Judea is not the world;and it's not even in the nation of Israel..

Revelation 3:10 is a verse used by many to teach a "tribulation"that is to come on the world.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Have you ever taken the time to look up the word [world] in this verse? It totally destroys the way people want to imply this verse..

Strongs number #3625-Strong's Ref. # 3625

Romanized oikoumene
Pronounced oy-kou-men'-ay

feminine participle present passive of GSN3611 (as noun, by implication of GSN1093); land, i.e. the (terrene part of the) globe; specifically, the Roman empire:

The Roman empire?...this does not include the United States or does it include Russia...or even China..or any superpower we know of today..infact it strictly deals with the THEN known world of the 1st century!!!..what will you do with the truth?..you want to buy into the Tim Lahayes,Jack Van Impes,,Pat Robertsons opinion or would you rather believe the Bible many hold so dear?..this is in your Bible folks..and there is nothing you can do about it but believe it [Smile]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks again. There is so much that the Bible has instore for us. God did not give us the Bible and forget about us. God knew this generation when He wrote the Bible though the pen of men. Knowing that God knew us before we were even born should make us all feel more special. God loved us before we were born.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Judgment of the Nations following the Marriage of the Lamb in Heaven and the Return of Christ:

Matt. 25:
33: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34: Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37: Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38: When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39: Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40: And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41: Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44: Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45: Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46: And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Millenium is the Righteous Reign of Christ, following the Wedding Supper of the Lamb, in Heaven.

John 14:
2: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Matt. 25:1-13
25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went
forth to meet the bridegroom.
25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather
to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to
the marriage: and the door was shut.
25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Thess. 4:17-5:6
4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel,
and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet
the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail
upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of
darkness.
5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

2 Thess.2:
2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out
of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth,
and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the
love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

"Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the
twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised
incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1 Cor. 15:51-52)

Rev. 19:
1: And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2: For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great ***** , which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3: And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4: And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5: And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6: And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7: Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8: And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9: And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Did you notice the "voice of much people in Heaven"????

The Coming of the Lord

Matt. 24:29-31
24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall
not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the
earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great
glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his
elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Rev. 19:11-16
19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called
Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name
written, that no man knew, but he himself.
19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen,
white and clean.
19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall
rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty
God.
19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD
OF LORDS.

Rev. 19:8
"To her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Rev. 19:14
"And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean."

Notice the fine linen white and clean is the righteousness of saints, which are in heaven.

We will then return with the Lord to the earth, and He will destroy the wicked and establish the Millennial Kingdom, and His saints will reign with Him on earth for one thousand years (Rev. 20:1-7).

Zech. 12:10
12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of
grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall
mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in
bitterness for his firstborn.

Zech. 14:4-9
14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the
east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west,
and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and
half of it toward the south.
14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto
Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of
Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
14:7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come
to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward
the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his
name one.

The Righteous Reign

Isaiah 11:
1: And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3: And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5: And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
6: The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7: And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8: And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9: They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
10: And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
11: And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
12: And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
13: The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.
14: But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.
15: And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.
16: And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

Rev. 20:
4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5: But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6: Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker

Very good and very true.
thanks,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

2 Tim. 3:
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Rev. 1:
3: Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4: John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5: And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6: And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

There will be those who are deceived and deny the Word.

There will be those who believe and receive the Word.

There will be those as the five wise virgins who the Bride Groom will gather.

There will be those as the five foolish who will be left behind and not enter into the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by NotsoFast:
quote:
One reason many believe the great tribulation is still a future even is seemingly unqualified statement in Matthew 24:21

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

While the fall of Jerusalem in AD 70 was certainly a calamity for the Jews,futurists argue,it was NOT the great tribulation that "will"take place on a [worldwide scale]..I believe scripture explains that the tribulation was local and confined to Judea.Matthew 23 Jesus condemmed the Pharisees and tells them that these judgements will come upon [this]generation that is==THEIR generation[23:26]Notice Jesus mourns over the city of "Jerusalem"(23:27}not the world,and He pronounces judgement upon the temple,leaving it,not a future temple,"desoloate" [23:38;24:2] The people live in houses with flat roofs [24:17]and the Sabbath was still in force with rigid travel restrictions[24:20].In Marks account of the Olivet discourse He tells us that the disciples will be delivered "up to the courts".flogged in the synagogues" and made to stand before govenors and kings[13:9] Matthew 10:17-18

But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

The Book of Acts actually tells us the FULFILLMENT of the prediction of Jesus about polictical tribulation [4:1-22;5:17-40;8:1-3;12:1-9;14:19-20;16:22-23;22:30-23:11....in the period BEFORE the destruction of Jerusalem..This explains clearly what life was like during the 1st century..The tribulation had reference to the Jews,the people of Judea....it was NOT a worldwide tribulation as many think and proclaim.

Those who remained in Jerusalem up unto the time of the temple's destruction had to be able to see the "abomination of desolation" [24:15]People around the globe will have no such advantage if what Jesus describes here as a worldwide tribulation period.The Only ones who can benefit are the ones who can see the temple..Another reason the trib is not global is because all one would have to do is flee to the mountains..Please notice what Jesus said and to WHOM he spoke.."let THOSE who be in Judea flee to the mountains [24:16] Judea is not the world;and it's not even in the nation of Israel..

Clearly many people do not realize who Jesus was actually speaking too..If anyone would simply open their bible and look at vs 3..it tells who Jesus was speaking to...his apostles...He was talking to them..yet people want to take this scripture and make it mean for today..I will go with what is written..Thanks for the post Parousia
Matthew-Mark-Luke..all give an account of the Olivet Discourse..I like Mark 13..it actually indentifies..to whom Jesus spoke

Mark 13:3-4- And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,

4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

Tell who?..people reading the Bible 2000 yrs later?...no..the disciples..tell US.. and Jesus did tell them...the thing is Notso..people yank the disciples out of the context and insert themselves into the verses..

NotsoFast
Member # 6469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotsoFast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Clearly many people do not realize who Jesus was actually speaking too..If anyone would simply open their bible and look at vs 3..it tells who Jesus was speaking to...his apostles...He was talking to them..yet people want to take this scripture and make it mean for today..I will go with what is written..Thanks for the post Parousia
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

just pushing this back to the top. [Big Grin]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Tim,
I agree with you about that. I do believe that the tribulation is God dealing with Israel so that they will see that Jesus is the Messiah, but every nation and everyone who rejects Jesus now, and misses the rapture will go through the tribulation.
I think and this is me here, that, those who know the truth about Jesus, but reject it will probably be like the Pharaoh and have their hearts hardened and end up taking the mark of the beast. Unlike many countries, where becoming a Christian can cost you your life; Americans have many opportunities to accept Jesus as their Savior. We can even buy Bibles at the dollar store. It is not persecution that is keeping Americans unsaved but our own pride and arrogance. I recently read a book by a lady who bragged that although her family believed in getting saved as a child, they became enlighten and realized that everybody was going to Heaven. There are those in America and other Countries that know that Jesus is God but to accept Jesus as their Savior would hinder their jobs or their standing in the community. These people are taking a very dangerous chance. God could indeed hardened their hearts and during the tribulation allow them to take the mark of the beast. Some might say that is cruel, but what about those who have accepted Jesus and are in prison this moment for their beliefs? What about those who put their love for God above getting ahead in business at any cost?
I believe that we should be praying for the lost because one day it will be too late.
The tribulation will be no joke and we need to stay ready like the Wise Virgins so that when the trumpet sounds we will go to be with Jesus.
betty

--------------------

timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
going back to the OP:
from rev 7 9-15 it is obvious that people from every nation, tribe, people and language will go through the great tribulation.

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
we have discussed this and there are many mentions of the person in the Bible of the antiChrist, even though they used different names for the same person.

??? many mentions of the [person]?

We are told who [they]were..1 John 2..

We will have to agree to disagree..lol

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Daniel 7

Vision of the Four Beasts
7In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and visions of his head while on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream, telling *the main facts.
2 Daniel spoke, saying, "I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other. 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings. I watched till its wings were plucked off; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
5 "And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it: 'Arise, devour much flesh!'
6 "After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird. The beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it.
7 "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. 8 I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.
Vision of the Ancient of Days
9 "I watched till thrones were put in place,
And the Ancient of Days was seated;
His garment was white as snow,
And the hair of His head was like pure wool.
His throne was a fiery flame,
Its wheels a burning fire;
10 A fiery stream issued
And came forth from before Him.
A thousand thousands ministered to Him;
Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.
The *court was seated,
And the books were opened.

11 "I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

13 "I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.
Daniel's Visions Interpreted
15 "I, Daniel, was grieved in my spirit within my body, and the visions of my head troubled me. 16 I came near to one of those who stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things: 17 'Those great beasts, which are four, are four *kings which arise out of the earth. 18 But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.'
19 "Then I wished to know the truth about the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its nails of bronze, which devoured, broke in pieces, and trampled the residue with its feet; 20 and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth which spoke pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.
21 "I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.
23 "Thus he said:

'The fourth beast shall be
A fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.
24 The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute* the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

26 'But the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.
27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.'

28 "This is the end of the *account. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts greatly troubled me, and my countenance changed; but I kept the matter in my heart."

To quote the part of Daniel-13 "I was watching in the night visions,

Notice this says NOTHING about a rapture..it does not say Jesus coming to get his saints..

What does it say?..

He came to who?..Ancient of Days..Jesus presenting the Kingdom to His Father..this prophecy was fulfilled by Jesus when He came in 70 AD..this is my opinion [Smile]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Daniel 7

Vision of the Four Beasts
7In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and visions of his head while on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream, telling *the main facts.
2 Daniel spoke, saying, "I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other. 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings. I watched till its wings were plucked off; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
5 "And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it: 'Arise, devour much flesh!'
6 "After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird. The beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it.
7 "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. 8 I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.
Vision of the Ancient of Days
9 "I watched till thrones were put in place,
And the Ancient of Days was seated;
His garment was white as snow,
And the hair of His head was like pure wool.
His throne was a fiery flame,
Its wheels a burning fire;
10 A fiery stream issued
And came forth from before Him.
A thousand thousands ministered to Him;
Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.
The *court was seated,
And the books were opened.

11 "I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

13 "I was watching in the night visions,
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.
Daniel's Visions Interpreted
15 "I, Daniel, was grieved in my spirit within my body, and the visions of my head troubled me. 16 I came near to one of those who stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things: 17 'Those great beasts, which are four, are four *kings which arise out of the earth. 18 But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.'
19 "Then I wished to know the truth about the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its nails of bronze, which devoured, broke in pieces, and trampled the residue with its feet; 20 and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth which spoke pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.
21 "I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.
23 "Thus he said:

'The fourth beast shall be
A fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.
24 The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute* the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

26 'But the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.
27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.'

28 "This is the end of the *account. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts greatly troubled me, and my countenance changed; but I kept the matter in my heart."

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The Beast from the Sea
13Then *I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having *seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. 2 Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. 4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"
5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to *continue for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every *tribe, tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear. 10 He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
The Beast from the Earth
11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives *those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has *the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

we have discussed this and there are many mentions of the person in the Bible of the antiChrist, even though they used different names for the same person.

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
The Jews will accept Jesus as their Messiah, but the Holy Spirit will deal differently with people then it does now. The Jews who reject Christ now, will go through the tribulation.
Jesus cried over Jerusalem the week before He died on the cross because He saw that they had rejected the truth which was He was their Messiah. The Bible says because they rejected Jesus they will as a Nation accept the anti-Christ as the Messiah. It will be only after the anti-Christ breaks the 7 year peace agreement with Israel that they will see him as the devil that he is.
betty

Scripture mentions many antichrist came on the scene and this was in John's day 1 John 2..many of them led people away just as Jesus predicted..

Other than the Book of John..no where is the word Antichrist mentioned...not even in Revelation..

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The Jews will accept Jesus as their Messiah, but the Holy Spirit will deal differently with people then it does now. The Jews who reject Christ now, will go through the tribulation.
Jesus cried over Jerusalem the week before He died on the cross because He saw that they had rejected the truth which was He was their Messiah. The Bible says because they rejected Jesus they will as a Nation accept the anti-Christ as the Messiah. It will be only after the anti-Christ breaks the 7 year peace agreement with Israel that they will see him as the devil that he is.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Jesus told the discples that He had to go so the Comforter would come. It was not until the day of Pentecost that all believers could be filled with the Holy Spirit. Yes, it was the Jews but it was not just to any Jews but to those who had accepted Jesus. The Jews who have not accepted Jesus as their Savior are not filled with the Spirit.

It is because you do not believe in the trinity that you have an issue here. But like I said Jesus told the discples that He had to leave so the comforter could come.
betty

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Yes I agree Jesus had to leave so the Comforter could come back..and I agree not just any Jew could recieve the Holy Ghost but they must "believe"who Jesus is...So what your saying is..

When the Church leaves, the Holy Spirit will still work on earth but it will be like in the OT. People will not be filled with the Holy Spirit like we can be now.

The Jews will be offered a "different"way to be saved?.a Different salvation plan?..I do not see what me not believing in a Triune God has anything to do with any the discussion..and btw

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

I totally agree with this verse..I would alos like to add

John 14:17- Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: BUT YE KNOW HIM; for he DWELLETH WITH YOU, and shall be in you.

vs 18..Jesus speaking here- I WILL NOT leave you comfortless...I WILL come to you!!!!

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Jesus told the discples that He had to go so the Comforter would come. It was not until the day of Pentecost that all believers could be filled with the Holy Spirit. Yes, it was the Jews but it was not just to any Jews but to those who had accepted Jesus. The Jews who have not accepted Jesus as their Savior are not filled with the Spirit. When the Church leaves, the Holy Spirit will still work on earth but it will be like in the OT. People will not be filled with the Holy Spirit like we can be now.
It is because you do not believe in the trinity that you have an issue here. But like I said Jesus told the discples that He had to leave so the comforter could come.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
The Age of the Gentiles began with the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit fell on the Apostles.
I will not see the anti-Christ because he will come in power after the rapture, but it will be easy for the whole world to see him, because of sattelite tv we can see things live from all over the world.
when the Jewish people see the anti-Christ proclaim himself as God in the Temple they will know the truth.
betty

I find it interesting in that you believe the "Age of the Gentiles"began on Pentecost..yet on the day of Pentecost..it was the Jews who first recieved the Spirit..Cornelius {first gentile convert]did not come into the picture until some 20 yrs later...

I am guessing you believe it is the Holy Spirit that is "holding back"this AC?..yet the Holy Spirit moves off the earth when the rapture takes place?..never mind the fact that the Holy Spirit is God and omnipresent..it sounds like you believe the HS will then be in a box with his church somewhere..removed off the earth..not only do I find this impossible..but most certainly not found in the scriptures Betty..but I will respect this is your belief

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The Age of the Gentiles began with the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit fell on the Apostles.
I will not see the anti-Christ because he will come in power after the rapture, but it will be easy for the whole world to see him, because of sattelite tv we can see things live from all over the world.
when the Jewish people see the anti-Christ proclaim himself as God in the Temple they will know the truth.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
I never said a Jew could not be saved. But God's focus is on the Church until the age of the Gentiles is over. After the rapture then the Church Age will cease. That is when God will call 144 thousand (not sure about the number at the moment, because i am hurting) Jews who will be wittnessing to Israel for Christ. The Bible makes it clear that this are real people who will be working for the cause of Christ.
At the half point of the peace aggrement that Israel will sign with the anti-Christ, the Jews will see the anti-Christ as being the devil that he is and they will have to flee. This is when the Bible says for them to pray that it is not winter nor are they nursing children when they have to flee.
betty

Dear Betty...when do you think the Age of the Gentiles began?..also..When you read Luke 21:20

And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

How do you expect to see this happen..will it be on TV since you live thousands of miles away from Israel?

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age
(Mark 13:3-13; Luke 21:17-19)
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for *all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, *pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
The Great Tribulation
(Mark 13:14-23; Luke 17:23, 24, 37; 21:20-24)
15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,'* spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.
23 "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
The Coming of the Son of Man
(Mark 13:24-27; Luke 21:25-28)
29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I never said a Jew could not be saved. But God's focus is on the Church until the age of the Gentiles is over. After the rapture then the Church Age will cease. That is when God will call 144 thousand (not sure about the number at the moment, because i am hurting) Jews who will be wittnessing to Israel for Christ. The Bible makes it clear that this are real people who will be working for the cause of Christ.
At the half point of the peace aggrement that Israel will sign with the anti-Christ, the Jews will see the anti-Christ as being the devil that he is and they will have to flee. This is when the Bible says for them to pray that it is not winter nor are they nursing children when they have to flee.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Woe to them with child is not referring to the Church. The Church will not be here during the tribulation. This is referring to the Jewish people. At the moment of the rapture the Church Age begins and God's focus will be on Israel.
betty

For once Betty we do agree....Woe to them was not refering to The Church..it was to the scribes and Pharisees of Matt 23!!!!

And again we agree..The Church was NOT there..thats because they heard the word of Jesus and they fled away into a city called Pella...When did they know to flee?

Luke 21:20...And when ye [YOU]shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Betty are saying salvation is not to the Jew right now..TODAY?..if so..Paul would of disagreed with you...The Church TODAy is both Jew and Gentile!!!!..A Jew can be saved today!

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Woe to them with child is not referring to the Church. The Church will not be here during the tribulation. This is referring to the Jewish people. At the moment of the rapture the Church Age begins and God's focus will be on Israel.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:

Matthew 24:15-When ye [apostles]therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Jesus told his apostles what to watch for..

Luke 21:20 explains what they will see and how they will know it is here..

And when ye{apostles} shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

What army in history compassed Jerusalem? The roman army did...and this is what THEY saw..

vs 21-Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Notice again who is told..does say let those who be in America?..China?..how about Europe?..no..it says let THEM that be in Judea FLEE....why??????????

vs 22- For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

vs 23-But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give **** , in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people

This is not speaking about a "rapture"God could rapture a pregnant woman just as easy....

Upon what part of the world?..the land...
upon what people?..people who were in Judea...

vs 24-And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled..

If this is refering to a "future"time..there is no time for anyone to be led away captive..

times of the gentiles- 42 months..3 and 1/2 yrs

Jerusalem WAS trodden down..by Rome...

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement