Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Tough Love?

Author Topic: Tough Love?
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 6 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, the purpose is to not fail. I am a sinner. You apparently think so highly of yourself that you have judged me as testing the Lord. The very first verse I read in the Bible was in Thessalonians about putting all things to the test. I understand that is what some call a testimonial, a reaching for a hand out of heartache. From there my life in pursuit of harmony with God has gone forward. Simply put, this is an attempt to ease the pain caused by natural disaster through the proclamation of Jesus being The Ruler of Gods' Creation. If you have reserve in asking for such, that's your problem. I would consider that hard hearted. There are those that haven't considered that Jesus was given the title of Ruler of Gods' Creation. For asking for no hurricanes because I recognize that Jesus is the Ruler of Gods' Creation isn't wrong. Don't we both want an easing of disaster? If wording is the only complaint, why don't you get the gist and amend the request accordingly for the same end. I believe a soft heart moves mountains and stand to gain only an observance in the world of less suffering through Jesus Christ and God and The Holy Spirit.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cbou4668:
Testing the Lord isn't the objective, seeing what will happen is.

Seing what will happen is not the objective. The objective is less human suffering - else why would you pray for fewer natural disasters?

Your exact phrase in your post is "We ask this as proof of the title bestowed on you, The Ruler of Gods’ Creation". Not 'we ask this because we don't want other people to be harmed' but to give proof. Proof will not be forthcoming - you either have faith or not. Thou shall not tempt the Lord Your God.

Might I ask you to reconsider your motives - do you want these things to happen to help other people, or to help yourself and your sense of self-importance?

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A lot of people don't seem to recognize Jesus as the Ruler of Gods' Creation. This title is bestowed upon him in Revelation 3:14 from the NIV Study Bible. To me it goes hand in hand of proof of this title being bestowed upon Jesus Christ with the acknowledgement of requests for less or no natural disaster. What is wrong with in two or more agreeing that through Jesus Christ, The Ruler of Gods' Creation, our planet is less hostile? Is my writing that disturbing?

Read the bold - vaguely humorous might be more like it.

quote:
Do you have Humility? Testing the Lord isn't the objective, seeing what will happen is. A soft heart will move mountains.

...ok...so in other words, you're just waiting to see what happens just like the rest of us... [zzzzzz] ...wow
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 6 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of people don't seem to recognize Jesus as the Ruler of Gods' Creation. This title is bestowed upon him in Revelation 3:14 from the NIV Study Bible. To me it goes hand in hand of proof of this title being bestowed upon Jesus Christ with the acknowledgement of requests for less or no natural disaster. What is wrong with in two or more agreeing that through Jesus Christ, The Ruler of Gods' Creation, our planet is less hostile? Is my writing that disturbing? Do you have Humility? Testing the Lord isn't the objective, seeing what will happen is. A soft heart will move mountains.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We ask this as proof of the title bestowed on you, The Ruler of Gods’ Creation.

Dodgy ground there mate.....

Matthew 4 verse 7

7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'

Also quoted in Luke 4 verse 12

Don't forget Deuteronomy 6 verse 16:
16Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God, as ye tempted him in Massah

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of hard to decipher exactly what you mean by "security in our habitat"?? [Confused]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If earthquakes and tornadoes and hurricanes and drought are Gods’ tough love, why isn’t there enough Faith to change these things? Jesus is The Ruler of Gods’ Creation. A soft heart moves mountains. If anyone can believe what I have just written, then lets ask Jesus Christ, please give us security in our habitat. We will strive to Love our neighbor, as we would want to be Loved. We ask this as proof of the title bestowed on you, The Ruler of Gods’ Creation.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement