Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The Coming Storm

Author Topic: The Coming Storm
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dondi,
Jesus tells us in Matthew 24:42 to keep watch...and follows this up with parables in chapters 25 that reiterates this point.

2 Peter 1:19 tells us that we do well to pay attention to propehcy as to a lamp shining in a dark place.

Romans 13:11 tells us to do this, knowing the time and to awaken from sleep as to salvation that comes from the Lord's return.

Revelation 1:3 tells of a special blessing for those who read and hear the book of the Revelation and that heed the things written in it.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6 tells us that we are not to be in the dark over these things, and encourages us not to sleep as others do, but to be alert and sober.

So hopefully you will be able to see that the answer is: Absolutely, we are suppose to care about the times we live and these last days!

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the more I hear about "the end times" the more my soul I saddened.Let me ask this, does it really matter when the end time comes? Are you a Christian? If you are indeed a Christian the only thing you should worry about is the unsaved. My heart goes out to the lost on this issue. I know where I will be when Jesus comes back to claim His Bride, do you? The Lord said no man shall know the time when He will return and that is good enough for me. Will it be better to be raptured than to die and go to heaven? Either way, to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord.

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, that so funny freddy! You might be able to say the same thing about the Arab nations as well.

We all know how most of their women are treated, and we know all their wealth goes to the Iatollahs/Clerics.(talk about "hoarding" wealth!)

And as for such a vast amount of people, a "billion" you say? How many of that billion have condemed terror activities around the world? I know a few have, but its just a few.

Wasn't it reported that around 82% of Lebanons population upholds the Hezbullies?

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:

Liberalism represents a deterioration of Godly values.

Conservatism seeks to preserve the Word of God, and Godly values within our society.

Conservatism seeks to preserve Godly values like not allowing women the right to vote? And Godly values like hording wealth? And Godly values like lumping a billion people into a group becuase a small, small fraction are terrorists?

I would be a bit more careful if I were you about politicizing Christianity.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Main Entry: lib•er•al•ism
Pronunciation: 'li-b(&-)r&-"li-z&m
Function: noun
Date: 1819
1 : the quality or state of being liberal
2 a often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity b : a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties d capitalized : the principles and policies of a Liberal party

Main Entry: con•ser•va•tism
Pronunciation: k&n-'s&r-v&-"ti-z&m
Function: noun
Date: 1835
1 capitalized a : the principles and policies of a Conservative party b : the Conservative party
2 a : disposition in politics to preserve what is established b : a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change
3 : the tendency to prefer an existing or traditional situation to change

Main Entry: 1pre•serve
Pronunciation: pri-'z&rv
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): pre•served; pre•serv•ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French preserver, from Medieval Latin praeservare, from Late Latin, to observe beforehand, from Latin prae- + servare to keep, guard, observe -- more at CONSERVE
Date: 14th century
transitive senses
1 : to keep safe from injury, harm, or destruction : PROTECT
2 a : to keep alive, intact, or free from decay b : MAINTAIN
3 a : to keep or save from decomposition b : to can, pickle, or similarly prepare for future use
4 : to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
intransitive senses

Liberalism represents a deterioration of Godly values.

Conservatism seeks to preserve the Word of God, and Godly values within our society.

1) Liberalism rejected the establishment's values in the sexual revolution of the 60's.

2) Liberalism instituted abortion in 1973

3) Liberalism declares the Word of God arbitrary, and rejects divine inspiration of scripture. They declare no absolutes.

4)Liberalism declares homosexuality a viable alternative lifestyle, and forced its removal as a devience from the fields of mental health care.

5)Liberalism sanctifys homosexual unions, and ordains practicing homosexuals.

6)Liberalism is well represented by the ACLU and its blantant assault upon the family.

Elected representatives legislate the laws. Federal judges are appointed, and can set aside the laws as being unconstitutional according to the judge's interpretation. This is the constant battle between Liberals and conservatives in the Congress, in the appointment of judges.

This is why a baby 90% born is able to have the scissors inserted into the back of the skull and its brains sucked out, all because of liberalism. It has not fully traversed the birth canal.

Liberalism declares the baby non-viable until it fully traverses the birth canal. Conservatism seeks to stop the butchering of the innocent.

Our Lord Jesus was too conservative for the Liberals and too liberal for the Conservatives. There is nothing more conservative then "love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind, and nothing more liberal then love your neighbor as you would yourself.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:

I suggest if you are just here to debate religion then you are in the wrong place. This BBS is about being born-again and knowing Jesus Christ, not just knowing about Him. It is not about being religious. So if you don't believe the Bible is the Holy Scriptures as originally given, inspired by God, to be the only infallible authority in all matters of faith and practice. Then you are in the wrong place and trying to teach contray to this will only get you banned.

I pray that you will get to know Jesus Christ as He is real and not just someone written about in a book.

I have never called in to question trusting Christ for salvation. The points I have been, and will continue to debate, are what I see as fringe issues. Fringe issues that I believe are damaging to spreading the gospel.

Just because I am not a believer in an imminent rapture (I believe a rapture COULD happen, but I do not think there is any clear evidence it is imminent), am I allowed to debate those issues? I do believe many people will not give Christianity the time of day because they preceive the end times stuff as kooky and cult like, and thus I avoid getting obsessed.

Likewise, I am not a huge fan of the spending of billions of dollars on gospel tracts while neglecting human needs based on my faith and the "Love your neighbor as yourself" commandment. Many people here disagree with that, but again, I don´t think anything there is contradictory to core beliefs.

And I believe Israel can, and will continue to sin. And I do want to support what I see as terrible sin.

If you think these views are not compatable with Christian faith, then by all means ban me.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you really believe that the rapture will come one moment before it's perfect time????

God tarries now because he does not desire that one soul that would be saved would be lost!

God knows the ending from the beginning and when God determins that the end should come it will be when God knows that 10- 15 years will not make one hill of beans difference. It will be when those that are predestined to become the bride of Christ will have come in...

Ro 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Then God will turn his attention back to Israel to open their eyes and redeem then and bring judgment to the nations.

God's timing is perfect and He is not going to do anything before its appointed time. You can bet your life that when the 1000 years are through and the resurrection of the unjust occurs, there will not be a single soul that is damned that will be able to say "oh, God if I had only had a little longer, I would have repented."

God is a JUST God and every knee will bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. GOD is GOD, and part of being GOD is hius knowing that for some no amount of time would have changed their rebellion.

Two things are happening here... the just are coming to repentance and the unjust are coming to the manifestation of the fulness of their sin that they can be JUSTLY condemned.

Everything that will happen will happen in GOD's perfect appointed time and not one moment before and those of us that are waiting and watching for the coming of our Lord to redeem us from this world do not wait and watch and hope at the expense of the lost, we know well that when the end comes it will be because GOD has said it should come because GOD knows that the time is perfect for it to come.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by freddy05:
[Big Grin] Get used to it Marcopolio [Big Grin]

Minority opinions on this board are almost always followed by a doubting of your faith. I think I am up to 5 threads where my faith was called into question.

I find it amazing how simple belief in Salvation through the work of Christ isn´t good enough here.

Remember, the fruits of the spirit are:
socially/politically conservative
believe we are in the end times
almost militantly anti-homosexual
anti-UN
anti-Europe
anti-Catholic
100% pro-Israel in ALL circumstances
in favor of quoting scripture at strangers as a method of evangelism

It sure is not about simple belief in Salvation. Satan believes in Jesus Christ but is not saved. It is about knowing Jesus Christ and putting your faith in Him. Creating a God to be what you want it to be is called idolatry.

Like putting on a Parachute

I suggest if you are just here to debate religion then you are in the wrong place. This BBS is about being born-again and knowing Jesus Christ, not just knowing about Him. It is not about being religious. So if you don't believe the Bible is the Holy Scriptures as originally given, inspired by God, to be the only infallible authority in all matters of faith and practice. Then you are in the wrong place and trying to teach contray to this will only get you banned.

I pray that you will get to know Jesus Christ as He is real and not just someone written about in a book.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcopolio
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha.. thanks Freddy. I am well used to it. Its good to see that I there is someone here while I may not always agree with is willing to discuss religion. Thats why I am here in the first place. When I ask questions about things like, "Why would Jesus turn water into Wine if we aren''t supposed to drink alcohol? " People really get upset with me.. however I feel these things are legitamate points of discussion.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

[Big Grin] Get used to it Marcopolio [Big Grin]

Minority opinions on this board are almost always followed by a doubting of your faith. I think I am up to 5 threads where my faith was called into question.

I find it amazing how simple belief in Salvation through the work of Christ isn´t good enough here.

Remember, the fruits of the spirit are:
socially/politically conservative
believe we are in the end times
almost militantly anti-homosexual
anti-UN
anti-Europe
anti-Catholic
100% pro-Israel in ALL circumstances
in favor of quoting scripture at strangers as a method of evangelism

Marcopolio
unregistered

WOW!! You guys are AWESOME! So, I simply disagree with the opinion that the rapture should come soon.. and suddenly...

I dont know christ. I am not a real christian, I have never been in love.. and I have never read the bible?!

I mentioned a criticism I have of our people, the christian people, in that we tend to feel a sense of contempt for people that dont sacrafice the things that we do. Sin by its very nature is appealing. Trust me, if there was scripture saying it was ok to smoke pot.. there would be a lot of Christian Pot smokers.

The Jist of what I am saying, is its important to question your motives behind things, and really look into why you feel the way you do. I know lots of christians who simply mold scripture to fit their own personal needs.

What I feel is important is having as much time as possible for everyone else. Who would want to take any precious time away from someone when on any given day that person may change their life and be saved? How would you like it if the rapture had come before any of you were saved? So now that you feel you are saved, you want it to come to screw everyone else over? No.. A good person would want that event to take place at as far off a date as possible allowing as many people to be saved as possible.

For the record.. I have been in love, I am happily married to a wonderful woman. I am a Christian, and I have read the Bible. I just tend to think a little more than most about these things.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because He lives,

You are so right. When we love God like a bride loves her soon to be husband, we can't help but long for His return. The Bible says this is not our home, so of course we are homesick for Heaven.
There is something wrong with a Christian who wants longs more for earth then for Jesus. Yes, our heart should ache for those left behind, but if Jesus waits until the year 3,000, there will still be those unsaved who are left behind
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post Tracy, equally great encouragement from most everybody to be ready, time is short, come quickly Lord Yeshua.

Marcopolio, if you had happen to have been born in China, Russia, Iran, Lebanon, Korea, Vietnam or some place other than America I wonder if you would feel the same way. But America’s day for Christian persecution is coming; the beginnings are already here with us and unless the Rapture takes place very soon you will see Christian’s imprisoned for their Faith in America.

quote:
I fear that many Christians, feel a sense of contempt for people who are different, and choose to live life different from how they deem appropriate. Gays, Lesbians, People who use drugs, have casual sex.. Things like that.. And I think a lot of Christians would like to do those things but abstain because of their faith, and because they feel they can’t do what they want, they want to see other people punished for it. I can’t see any other reason really for why some of our people seem so excited that the end is near.

Evidently Marcopolio, you’ve never been in love.

Love where all you can do is think about that one special person; long to spend every moment with them. Love that causes you to want to do anything and everything you can to make them happy. Love that wishes everyone could feel what you feel. Love that wishes everyone could know this special person the way you know them.

Marcopolio, I fear to many so called Christian believe Gays, Lesbians, People who use drugs, have casual sex., things like that, are OK, That Yahweh’s Grace will overlook their sin.

I do not have contempt for sinners, but I do have great compassion. I weep for their condition and know except for Yahweh’s Grace there I go.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marco polio:

I fear that many Christians, feel a sense of contempt for people who are different, and choose to live life different from how they deem appropriat. Gays, Lesbians, People who use drugs, have casual sex.. things like that.. And I think a lot of christians would like to do those things but abstain because of their faith, and because they feel they cant do what they want, they want to see other people punished for it. I cant see any other reason really for why some of our people seem so excited that the end is near.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When you come to know Jesus, Marco, you will know the difference, the risen Hope, the True God, the gloriouis anticipation of His return.

Gal. 5:
19: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20: Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21: Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Those differences you mentioned are called sin. Christians are the Bride of Christ and await the coming of the Bridegroom with deepest anticipation.

John 14:
1: Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Matt. 25:1-13
25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went
forth to meet the bridegroom.
25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather
to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to
the marriage: and the door was shut.
25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

It will be the most glorious of days when Christ returns and rules from Jerusalem:

Zech. 14:4-9
14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the
east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west,
and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and
half of it toward the south.
14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto
Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of
Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
14:7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come
to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward
the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Isaiah 11:
1: And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3: And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5: And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
6: The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7: And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8: And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9: They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
10: And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcopolio
unregistered

I hope the rapture doesnt come for many many centuries. I really dont konw why so many of my Christian brothers and sisters want to see the end times come so soon. I want it to come as late as possible where by as many people as possible can live their lives to its fullest. if it comes tomorrow, how many people who would accept christ will not be saved ? I mean if you give someone 5-10-15 more years.. who is to say what they will be like then? Why take that chance away from people.

I fear that many Christians, feel a sense of contempt for people who are different, and choose to live life different from how they deem appropriat. Gays, Lesbians, People who use drugs, have casual sex.. things like that.. And I think a lot of christians would like to do those things but abstain because of their faith, and because they feel they cant do what they want, they want to see other people punished for it. I cant see any other reason really for why some of our people seem so excited that the end is near.

trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I thank God my mom was more prepared to meet Jesus than that hurricane!
Thanks, Linda.
And that is a good word also! Once we are prepared ot meet Jesus, the hurricanes of life just don't seem so bad! [thumbsup2]

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome word Tracy! I also believe that this current situation may well be the beginning of the end. Your hurricane analogy was especially powerful for me, as you know, I too am a Florida Cracker [Wink]

I remember when I was young a coming hurricane was a big deal ... my folks made all kinds of preparations boarding windows, stocking pantries, saving & storing water... but it seems that the more huricanes one survives the more apathetic they can become. My last conversation with my mom before she died was during Hurricane Francis (I think that was the one) I was in Montana and was watching the news and it looked like this was going to be the BIG ONE that every one had always dreaded.. the one that would come headon into Tampa Bay as a Catagory 5 storm. I called her on the phone that morning because I was so worried about her... you would have thought that it was a fine spring day! She acted like nothing was happening.. like there was nothing to be concerned about! She hadn't made any preparations. I had to make her promise me that she would evacuate if they called for an evacuation and not try to ride it out at home alone! Well, as it were, the storm turned and did not hit them headon.. she barely even got any flooding in her area. Two weeks later, she was gone.. As David said.. even if the rapture is not soon... none of us knows if we will see tomorrow! One way or another... Jesus is coming... question is ... are we ready? I thank God my mom was more prepared to meet Jesus than that hurricane! But tonight many are not ready. Let us no grow weary in preaching the Gospel. Jesus is coming soon!

God Bless and keep you all. Tracy thank you for this most timely word! [hug]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Thanks, David!
I appreciate your encouragment as well! [Smile]

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post Tracy!

[thumbsup2]

Even if the rapture is not coming soon, (but I think we are very close) anyone could get hit by a car or die of a heart attack today, so we better be ready now.

You are giving us very encouraging words as we are told to do. God bless you.

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 (NIV)

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Cajun,
I wish I could. I had a melody in my head when I wrote it, but it needs work. And I do not write music...I guess I should not have called it a song.
If you or someone in your church is gifted in putting music to lyrics, you are welcome to go for it. I am praying for such a person to help me with putting music to my lyrics.

Blessings to you,

Tracy

cajun
Member # 5959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey trafield, can you send me the music for that? I would love to be able and try to sing that in church.

--------------------
As I get older, I do not pay much attention to what men say, but I do pay attention to what they do.

Posts: 6 | From: Texas - USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Hey Cajun, great words!
They reminded me of a song I wrote a couple of years ago:

I NEED MORE JESUS

When my life is filled with heartache
And everything goes wrong.
When I try to find my place in life
Yet I don't feel I belong,
I need more Jesus...
I need more Jesus...

When I don't seem to have the answers
When I run into a wall,
When I try to work around it
Still I stumble and I fall,
I need more Jesus...
I need more Jesus...

I need more Hope.
I need more Peace.
I need more Love.
I need more Jesus.
I need more Jesus.

When no one is there to help me
And I'm left standing all alone,
When my shoulders sag with the mighty weight
Of a budensome stone,
I need more Jesus...
I need more Jesus...

I need more Hope.
I need more Peace.
I need more Love.
I need more Jesus.
I need more Jesus.

I need more Jesus...
I need more Jesus...
I need more Jesus.

cajun
Member # 5959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let the last days come, because I am ready to see Jesus.

Although the prayer of my lip's is not as earthshaking or as heavenrending as the praise of millions upon millions of angels, nor is it as articulate or as eloquent as our Lord's earnest request on the night He was betrayed, yet the cry of my heart reverberates with His own.

I long for...

More of His voice in my ear,
More of His tears on my face,
More of His praise on my lips,
More of His death in my life,
More of His dirt on my hands,
More of His hope in my grief,
More of His fruit in my service,
More of His love in my home,
More of His courage in my convictions,
More of His nearness in my loneliness,
More of His answers to my prayers,
More of His glory on my knees!

Do you?

God has given me so much, yet I long for even more! Until my faith becomes sight and I see Him face to face, my heart's cry will always be....

please, dear God, just give me MORE...
of Jesus!

--------------------
As I get older, I do not pay much attention to what men say, but I do pay attention to what they do.

Posts: 6 | From: Texas - USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Age of Grace" and "The Kingdom" are not the same. The one was well known, the other a mystery befor the foundations of time .....

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trafield:
Softouch, thanks for pointing out the scriptures to elaborate just how "soon" it is! [rapture]

It's Good to stand with you again my Brother [Smile]

[hug] That was an awsome post Bro - especially the poem you wrote! I'm praying I won't be reciting it myself one day and that my lamp will be full when HE comes for HIS bride! [Prayer] [rapture]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Thank you, Kathy! [Kiss]

Ed, I do not mind at all! Translate it and send it on brother! Spread the Word! [clap2]

Softouch, thanks for pointing out the scriptures to elaborate just how "soon" it is! [rapture]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahar:
I'm interested as to why you think it is coming 'soon'? After all, there are not always pointers to the time scales between different parts of revelations. Israel was created in 1948, over 50 years ago - why can't there be another 50, or even 100 years before anything else happens? After all, a large number of the parts of revelations seemed to be coming true in the 1967 war but things receeded from that.

Let's look at Luke 21:

quote:
20And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

21Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give **** , in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

29And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

30When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

31So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

32Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

In particular that last bolded verse. Generally speaking a generation in Biblical time is usually about 40 years... Israel became a Nation in 1948, but the did not posses Jerusalem until 1967. I believe it is This generation that the Lord is speaking of and we're just about at the end of that time period. Look at the events happening surrounding Israel and all the talk from the Muslims... Look at the increase in Wild Weather... Signs in the Sun, Moon, and Stars. Wars and Rumors of Wars... And we have the biggest sign of them all - Israel back in her Land and in posession of Jerusalem.

I'm sure someone else could lay this out a lot better, but things are falling into place and with increasing speed (just like Birth Pangs)

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey- Traifield great post!

It saddens my heart to see so much bloodshed on anyones border. I have so many friends and brethern in Lebonon and Isreal it shakes me. But to keep me going I have to be like you and put it in perspective.

In the minds(eyes) of most Jews there is no new covenant because Isreal and her children (except for a few) are still waitng for the chosen Messenger like Islam, and Others to come. The standard of Belief according to Maimondes his 13 tenets of Judiac Fatih are almost everything I believe, except when he referrs to coming of the Messiah not yet occurred.

The disqualifying situation amongst the Jews is the Jesus factor. Until the Holy Spirit opens the eyes of remenant of Isreal, the first advent of the Messiah has not taken place. When people in the middle east make war amongst them, they think in terms of the Old Testament standards regardless how real Jesus is and his Messiahship quantifies him.

The time is so ripe, for a New Leader of Charasmatic qualities to come in to help solve this bear of problem.

What a good and exciting feeling it would be for nations to be totally at peace with each one and no more bloodshed. Almost mimicking the movie of "Left Behind". Peace for a season came and gone thru deception.

I was talking to the fellow nurses about this situation and two fellow young Christians new in their heart that something is boiling in Jerusalem and Rome. I used Matthew 24. I am not by no means an Eschotologist, but I know what I believe. I learn about the science and with the leading of the Spirit, I can see Armagedon.

Thanks For the Post. Hope you do not mind if I translated in Ladino for my other friends and fellow christians.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post brother Tracy!

I like the way you showed the scriptures what is happening now.

"I believe the current situation in the Middle East, as improbable as it may seem now, will ultimately lead to the rising of the world leader that will orchestrate a 7 year peace plan with Israel and the nations of the world."

I agree! the stage is being set for the AC to rule the world.
"Peace, Peace", every nation on earth, seems to be focused on peace in Israel.

"The only way to prepare for this coming storm is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior"

AMEN!

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that we are so close to the rapture that we can feel it in our souls. Just this week alone there were two news shows on regular tv discussing the rapture. I believe that God in His love for mankind is getting the news out there about the rapture to warn sinners.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure this is the "storm", as you describe, is the one we can expect. A storm is definitely coming, but not sure if this is the one. Only God knows.

Interesting observations tho...

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested as to why you think it is coming 'soon'? After all, there are not always pointers to the time scales between different parts of revelations. Israel was created in 1948, over 50 years ago - why can't there be another 50, or even 100 years before anything else happens? After all, a large number of the parts of revelations seemed to be coming true in the 1967 war but things receeded from that.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

The Coming Storm

Growing up in Florida, as the summer months approached, it was common to hear news reports about the coming hurricane season. There were repeated warnings that the time to stock up on supplies and to get ready for the hurrincane was in the days when there was no imminent threat of a hurricane landfall. And yet, when a hurricane would come our way and finally hit, there were always too many people who had not protected their homes, had not stocked up on extra food and fuel for prolonged power outages, and who would then complain about the lack of assistance they were getting for their problems.

Thinking about this recently, the Lord showed me that this same things is happening every day to people around the world. You see, a storm is coming. And though the best time to prepare for a storm is before it hits, many choose to ignore studying their spiritual hurricane tracking charts that are located in the Holy Bible. And so they go on about their lives, assuming that every day will be like the one before.

Until the storm hits.

Jesus tells us in Mattew 24:36-39 that the days just before His return will be like the days of Noah, and as the people in Noah's day did not listen or believe what was coming until the flood came and took them away, the people of the days before Christ's return will have this same attitude of disbelief or indifference.

The people with this mindset are shown as a parable of ten virgings in Matthew 25:1-13. Five of the virgins were wise and prepared, and the other five were foolish and perished.

The Bible made it clear that Israel would be regathered from the nations and brought back to the land of Israel (Ezekiel, Chapters 36 &37). The fulfillment of this prophecy began with the establishment of the current nation if Israel in 1948 and is still continuing. The bible makes it clear that there would be wars and much talk about wars (Matthew 24:6-8) before the final days before his return.The Bible also makes it clear that a coming world leader (Daniel 9:27) (Daniel 11:21-45; 12:1-2) will make a 7-year peace treaty with Isreal (Daniel 9:27) that will be a deception and a false peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3). This leader will break the treaty after just three and a half years, and will invade Israel and will stand in the rebuilt Jewish temple (Daniel 9:27) (Daniel 11:31) and declare that he is God. Jesus told us (Matthew 24:15-21) that when this occurs, then the Great Tribulation begins and the storm of all storms will be upon us.

I believe the current situation in the Middle East, as improbable as it may seem now, will ultimately lead to the rising of the world leader that will orchestrate a 7 year peace plan with Israel and the nations of the world. Perhaps Israel's fight against Hezbollah among her many other enemies and America's global war on terror will bring the world to the brink of another world war before this leader comes on the scene as the apparent savior of mankind to stop the fighting. But the Bible tells us that he is no savior, but is the antichrist, and he will decieve the people of the world by performing "great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men" (Revelation 13:14).

The only way to prepare for this coming storm is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and to know His Word. Be ready so that you do not have to get ready. And then, once you are prepared and ready, you can help others get prepared and ready, for surely those that are not ready, will perish in the storm.

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

May God bless you and shelter you all,

Tracy Barfield

A VIRGIN'S TALE
(Matthew 25:1-13)
by Tracy B. Barfield

The quiet stillness roused me from sleep,
Then off in the distance I heard someone weep.

I had hoped to married that particular day,
But still weary from slumber, I soon lost my way.

The darkness was thick, the air seemed so damp,
Yet somehow I still managed to find my good lamp.

Suddenly I felt a foreboding, and feeling of doom,
So I quickly lit the lamp--and saw the eyes of the Groom!

It was just for an instant, the lamp quickly went out,
The Groom's eyes looked so sad as I started to shout.

"Please, wait just a minute!" I cried out in vain,
"Let me find some more oil, so I can light it again!"

Then I heard a door shut, which I now cannot find,
Then, with horror, I realized I'd been left behind!

So tend to your lamps often, have your oil so stored,
That you keep your light burning to find the narrow door.

Be ready for the Bridegroom with a love so sincere,
Yes, be ready for the Bridegroom, for his coming is near.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement