Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » "..and by peace he shall destroy many..."

Author Topic: "..and by peace he shall destroy many..."
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
ha! Most likely?? Honey your label has flashing neon lights on it... but that is OK! Jesus had that same lable!

[pound]

I read that...and then looked at her avatar with all its twinkling and brightness...and laughed reeeaaly hard!

Aaron

Oh and, SoftTouch, you're right, there's no hope that you'll slip under the radar...I'm delighted to say. [hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha! Most likely?? Honey your label has flashing neon lights on it... but that is OK! Jesus had that same lable!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Levi! I see it coming too.

I'd most likely be one they'd lable as a "Troublemaker" LOL! [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
levi44
Community Member
Member # 5935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for levi44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

You know, when war breaks out in the Middle East there's always a lot of hub-bub among Christians about the end-times: "could this be the fulfillment of such and such prophesy?" etc. While this is not in and of itself error I'm surprised that peace agreements don't cause a similar stirring among the saints. For if Daniel 8:25 is to be fulfilled then we should also be weary of age-old grudges cooling for the sake of "peace".

A couple things I'm looking for:
1) Terrorist organizations consistently being thwarted. Success after success against, what the media calls, fringe organizations.

2) I look for this in the U.S. and abroad. Hezb-allah ( [Wink] ) for instance, claims that many sleeper cells exist in the States. We will see them soon, I think.

3) The continuing denigration of religious "extremism" where the term "extreme" will broaden to mean "any group that does not adhere to governmental standards or ideals." For instance when faced with an un-Godly mandate from the government Christians will say "No, we cannot do that because we serve one higher than our president." etc. Since peace is not possible without total compliance to proposed standards dissenting people will have to 1) go or 2) be controlled.

Just some thoughts,
Aaron

Some good thoughts, Aaron.

I wish I could also say that I believe Christians will know when to stand up and say "no more". But I have strong reason to believe that we are already being led down the slippery slope of deception, without even realizing it. For instance, there is now a program being set up by FEMA to enlist Pastors and their congregations to help in time of national emergency. Sounds harmless enough, doesn't it? But if you look more closely at what they are actually doing it is absolutely "Orwellian"! They are now training pastors to become government snitches, telling them to report anyone who fits the profile of a "troublemaker". This includes congregation members who hold steadfastly to the Constitution and Bill of Rights. The very fact that there are many pastors who apparently have no problem with this causes me great alarm! I can now see that the Spirit of 1776 (which I believe is also the Spirit of God) is no longer alive in our mainstream churches. It is a shame that our ministers now seem to regard our Founding Fathers as extremists. Have they forgotten that from colonial American pulpits came the fiery sermons for independence? I guess so.

So you see, the end time deception is much further along than most saints realize - right under our noses.

And lets not forget the detention camps that have been built for Americans/Christians who dissent. Yes Saints, they are real. I had hoped the rapture would have occurred before we encountered these. But alas, the Lord still tarries.

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. John 16:2

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28

All that is needed is another staged terror attack to occur and martial law will be declared. Then the round-ups will begin.

Wake up, Dear Saints.

To download the interview with Pastor Revere, click here and choose "Save Target As".

Posts: 16 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you;

Your post is right on the money Aaron. It is the entity which brokers and implements truly viable peace plan which is the one to be wary of. There will probably be close ties to the ecumenical umbrella.

Believers will be so inconvenient because we just won't fit in with their agenda.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

You know, when war breaks out in the Middle East there's always a lot of hub-bub among Christians about the end-times: "could this be the fulfillment of such and such prophesy?" etc. While this is not in and of itself error I'm surprised that peace agreements don't cause a similar stirring among the saints. For if Daniel 8:25 is to be fulfilled then we should also be weary of age-old grudges cooling for the sake of "peace".

A couple things I'm looking for:
1) Terrorist organizations consistently being thwarted. Success after success against, what the media calls, fringe organizations.

2) I look for this in the U.S. and abroad. Hezb-allah ( [Wink] ) for instance, claims that many sleeper cells exist in the States. We will see them soon, I think.

3) The continuing denigration of religious "extremism" where the term "extreme" will broaden to mean "any group that does not adhere to governmental standards or ideals." For instance when faced with an un-Godly mandate from the government Christians will say "No, we cannot do that because we serve one higher than our president." etc. Since peace is not possible without total compliance to proposed standards dissenting people will have to 1) go or 2) be controlled.

Just some thoughts,
Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement