Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The Situation in the Middle East and the Last Days

Author Topic: The Situation in the Middle East and the Last Days
levi44
Community Member
Member # 5935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for levi44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
If you guys are interested, there's another board I'm on (Eastwood's World of Prophecy) where I moderate the section on all this "Conspiracy" (New World Order, Illuminati, Skull & Bones, etc.) stuff [Wink] Here's a direct link to that section: http://skreeman.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0

The first thread (which is pinned at the top) is "Research Links" that I and others have posted for folks to check these things out for themselves. There's a lot of Very Interesting stuff there!

Looks interesting, softTouch. I will jump in soon.
Posts: 16 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you guys are interested, there's another board I'm on (Eastwood's World of Prophecy) where I moderate the section on all this "Conspiracy" (New World Order, Illuminati, Skull & Bones, etc.) stuff [Wink] Here's a direct link to that section: http://skreeman.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0

The first thread (which is pinned at the top) is "Research Links" that I and others have posted for folks to check these things out for themselves. There's a lot of Very Interesting stuff there!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
levi44
Community Member
Member # 5935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for levi44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to know I'm among kindred spirits, finally.

Here's an excellent article by Chuck Baldwin I thought I'd post a link to: http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/chuckwagon.html

And indeed how sad it is we don't hear a peep from the majority of our representatives.

Posts: 16 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Levi and Softouch. And for those who are thinking that this is just a conspiracy theory, look at Daniel 11:21.

21 "He will be succeeded by a contemptible person who has not been given the honor of royalty. He will invade the kingdom when its people feel secure, and he will seize it through intrigue.

The word "intrigue" means an 'underhanded plot.' Believe me, there is a global plan that is all about turning things away from the things of God so that the man of sin can be elevated. Why they want to be on the loosing side is beyond me, but scripture confirms that this is the case.

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by levi44:
Peace will never come to the mid east or any other region in this world until the Prince of Peace comes back to rule and reign. If this current conflict really gets ugly, and it may, then Iran may light off hidden nukes (the beginning of WWIII) in this country, which would facilitate martial law and we would never see our freedoms again. Just what the anti-freedom crowd in this country would love to see happen. And had the Bush regime been protecting our borders all along, like it should have been doing, we probably wouldn't have had to worry about nukes being smuggled in.

To not protect our borders is treasonous. And this formation of the " American Union " he signed without the approval of Congress or the American people is equally treasonous! This is lawlessness plain and simple. But then again, I believe the Bible prophesied that the time we now live in would be filled with lawlessness.

I wish things were black and white, and one day they will be when Christ comes back, but what most people don't realize is that the Illuminati (yes Virginia, there really is an Illuminati) has been playing both Israel and the Arabs against each other for decades. Believe it or not there really are people who benefit greatly from war, not only financially but also by acquiring more power over the people.

Yes, even so Lord Jesus come soon.

Amen and Amen!

And YES There IS an Illuminati!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
levi44
Community Member
Member # 5935

Peace will never come to the mid east or any other region in this world until the Prince of Peace comes back to rule and reign. If this current conflict really gets ugly, and it may, then Iran may light off hidden nukes (the beginning of WWIII) in this country, which would facilitate martial law and we would never see our freedoms again. Just what the anti-freedom crowd in this country would love to see happen. And had the Bush regime been protecting our borders all along, like it should have been doing, we probably wouldn't have had to worry about nukes being smuggled in.

To not protect our borders is treasonous. And this formation of the " American Union " he signed without the approval of Congress or the American people is equally treasonous! This is lawlessness plain and simple. But then again, I believe the Bible prophesied that the time we now live in would be filled with lawlessness.

I wish things were black and white, and one day they will be when Christ comes back, but what most people don't realize is that the Illuminati (yes Virginia, there really is an Illuminati) has been playing both Israel and the Arabs against each other for decades. Believe it or not there really are people who benefit greatly from war, not only financially but also by acquiring more power over the people.

Yes, even so Lord Jesus come soon.

trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YIKES!

This could come quicker than I was even thinking!

Even so, come Lord Jesus! [clap2]

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israel Gives Syria Ultimatum

The London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat reported Saturday that “Washington has information according to which Israel gave Damascus 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity along the Lebanon-Israel border and bring about the release the two kidnapped IDF soldiers or it would launch an offensive with disastrous consequences.” ...ynetnews

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3275886,00.html

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Thank you, David!
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! Great post Tracy!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Hello, Kathy!

Indeed they are! [clap2]

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tracy! Good to see you! [youpi]

Sure is exciting times we live in.. [hyper]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 18 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The increasing tensions in the Middle East between Israel and Lebanese Hezbollah forces and both sides vowing to continue the fight to the end, makes me once again look to the prophecies of the Bible as a gauge to the times we are in. It is widely known that Damascus, located in Syria, is a haven for Hezbollah, and much of their funding comes from this nation. Syria has just recently declared its backing and support of Lebanon in its war with Israel.

Isaiah 17 has some ominous words concerning Damascus in the last days and keep in mind that Damascus is known as one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities of the world:

1 An oracle concerning Damascus:
"See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.
2 The cities of Aroer will be deserted
and left to flocks, which will lie down,
with no one to make them afraid.

3 The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the Israelites,"
declares the LORD Almighty.

4 "In that day the glory of Jacob will fade;
the fat of his body will waste away.

5 It will be as when a reaper gathers the standing grain
and harvests the grain with his arm—
as when a man gleans heads of grain
in the Valley of Rephaim.

6 Yet some gleanings will remain,
as when an olive tree is beaten,
leaving two or three olives on the topmost branches,
four or five on the fruitful boughs,"
declares the LORD, the God of Israel.

7 In that day men will look to their Maker
and turn their eyes to the Holy One of Israel.

8 They will not look to the altars,
the work of their hands,
and they will have no regard for the Asherah poles [a]
and the incense altars their fingers have made.

9 In that day their strong cities, which they left because of the Israelites, will be like places abandoned to thickets and undergrowth. And all will be desolation.

10 You have forgotten God your Savior;
you have not remembered the Rock, your fortress.
Therefore, though you set out the finest plants
and plant imported vines,

11 though on the day you set them out, you make them grow,
and on the morning when you plant them, you bring them to bud,
yet the harvest will be as nothing
in the day of disease and incurable pain.

12 Oh, the raging of many nations—
they rage like the raging sea!
Oh, the uproar of the peoples—
they roar like the roaring of great waters!

13 Although the peoples roar like the roar of surging waters,
when he rebukes them they flee far away,
driven before the wind like chaff on the hills,
like tumbleweed before a gale.

14 In the evening, sudden terror!
Before the morning, they are gone!
This is the portion of those who loot us,
the lot of those who plunder us.

I believe verses 13-14 suggest that Damascus will be destroyed by a nuclear weapon. And I believe verse 12 shows the reaction of the 'international community' concerning the use of a nuke by Israel to deal with this Hezbollah haven. I also feel that the world's reaction to this event shows that this happens relatively early in the prophetic timing of events which will ultimately lead to the battle of Armageddon and the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Once Damascus is destroyed, things will escalate and the final world war will quickly be upon us as the awful prophecy of Isaiah 24 will be realized. But through this awful, global calamity, I believe verse 14 points to a revival in the west. This would make sense since America is still a predominately Christian nation, founded on Christian principles, and a protector of the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. Praise God!

1 See, the LORD is going to lay waste the earth
and devastate it;
he will ruin its face
and scatter its inhabitants-
2 it will be the same
for priest as for people,
for master as for servant,
for mistress as for maid,
for seller as for buyer,
for borrower as for lender,
for debtor as for creditor.

3 The earth will be completely laid waste
and totally plundered.
The LORD has spoken this word.

4 The earth dries up and withers,
the world languishes and withers,
the exalted of the earth languish.

5 The earth is defiled by its people;
they have disobeyed the laws,
violated the statutes
and broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore a curse consumes the earth;
its people must bear their guilt.
Therefore earth's inhabitants are burned up,
and very few are left.

7 The new wine dries up and the vine withers;
all the merrymakers groan.

8 The gaiety of the tambourines is stilled,
the noise of the revelers has stopped,
the joyful harp is silent.

9 No longer do they drink wine with a song;
the beer is bitter to its drinkers.

10 The ruined city lies desolate;
the entrance to every house is barred.

11 In the streets they cry out for wine;
all joy turns to gloom,
all gaiety is banished from the earth.

12 The city is left in ruins,
its gate is battered to pieces.

13 So will it be on the earth
and among the nations,
as when an olive tree is beaten,
or as when gleanings are left after the grape harvest.

14 They raise their voices, they shout for joy;
from the west they acclaim the LORD's majesty.

15 Therefore in the east give glory to the LORD;
exalt the name of the LORD, the God of Israel,
in the islands of the sea.

16 From the ends of the earth we hear singing:
"Glory to the Righteous One."
But I said, "I waste away, I waste away!
Woe to me!
The treacherous betray!
With treachery the treacherous betray!"

17 Terror and pit and snare await you,
O people of the earth.

18 Whoever flees at the sound of terror
will fall into a pit;
whoever climbs out of the pit
will be caught in a snare.
The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake.

19 The earth is broken up,
the earth is split asunder,
the earth is thoroughly shaken.

20 The earth reels like a drunkard,
it sways like a hut in the wind;
so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion
that it falls—never to rise again.

21 In that day the LORD will punish
the powers in the heavens above
and the kings on the earth below.

22 They will be herded together
like prisoners bound in a dungeon;
they will be shut up in prison
and be punished [a] after many days.

23 The moon will be abashed, the sun ashamed;
for the LORD Almighty will reign
on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
and before its elders, gloriously.

However, verse 14 does not mean America will not be attacked or impacted by the coming world war. Revelation 13 shows that a coming world dictator will arise out of the chaos and will appear to finally bring peace. He will create a new financial system since the war has collapsed the world's economic system. I believe this new system will be administered though implantable microchips that will be placed in the right hand or forehead of the people of the world.

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. 4Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"
5The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months. 6He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.

9He who has an ear, let him hear.
10If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity he will go.
If anyone is to be killed[c] with the sword,
with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.

11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

The Bible is clear that those who take this mark will be aligning themselves with this world dictator and will be taking their stand with him against God.
Listen very carefully to Revelation 14:9-13 because it is one of the strongest warnings in the Bible!

9A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, 10he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." 12This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.
13Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."
"Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."

Will Christian be raptured from this time of trouble? I believe 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 clearly shows there will be a rapture:

13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

I will not go into the details here about my belief on the rapture's timing, but will say that in the final years I believe Christians will have to go through some time of severe, global persecution. This time appears to be quickly approaching. Jesus said in Matthew 16:24-27:

24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life[h] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

There was a girl student involved in the Columbine School shootings that had a gun put to her head and was asked bluntly, "Do you believe in Jesus Christ?" She answered that she did as the boy pulled the trigger and ended her earthly life. This brave girl is now with our Lord and Savior and will be returning with Him in victory, praise God!
What about you?

Forgive my bluntness, but the times we find ourselves leave no time for careful words. Are you ready to lay your life down for what you believe in? I pray to God that you or I will not have to, but the fact is that Jesus already gave of His life for you and me. Whether we are called to give of our time and efforts, or to give our very lives, we need to surrender to Jesus Christ. Because without Jesus, there is no everlasting life, only everlasting death in Hell.

As Hebrews 12:1-3 states beautifully,

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

My prayer for you is that if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, that you will do this today by simply praying to Him and telling him that you need Him to be your Savior. And this prayer, prayed in faith, will assure your eternal salvation for eternity...living for God and not against Him.

If you have already accepted Jesus Christ, but feel you have not been giving been properly honoring Him with your life, then my prayer is that you awaken from your slumber, fix your eyes upon Him, and begin following him in faithfulness and obedience.

As the prophets of old I proclaim, "Repent and be saved and give God the glory!"

May God bless you all we await the coming of our Lord and King.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Tracy Barfield

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement