Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Implant Chip - Are We Being Set Up?

Author Topic: Implant Chip - Are We Being Set Up?
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If an implanted chip is only a commercial tool, like a plastic credit card, a means of personal identification to enable an individual to engage in public business transactions, then I don't believe that it is demonic.

I don't know of any passage of scripture that prohibits believers (Jews or Christians) from participating in the non-idolatrous commercial businesses of their society. This doesn't mean that they are free to buy idols to worship in place of their worship to God or to visit temples of prostitution, but I don't believe that any of God's laws are against ordinary daily business transactions.

Paul even went so far as to indicate that even food that had been offered to an idol doesn't have any spiritual connotations for believers who eat of it.

He said
quote:
food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do (1 Cor 8:8
In reply to a question from the Pharisees regarding whether or not those who are following God should pay taxes, Jesus took a coin, which had the picture of Caesar on it, and said,
quote:
Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's (Mt. 22:21
In regard to commerce in the world, believers are to be faithful stewards of the world's goods that God entrusts to them. We are to show a profit from our stewardship that we can present to God, according to Jesus' parable of the servants (Luke 19:11-27. We can't do this if we don't participate in normal commercial transactions.

I believe that believers are not to worship Satan, but we can't completely withdraw from the world in order to keep God's commandment regarding this matter.

The spiritual or religious significance of these chips is not clear. Until this is clarified, I don't believe that they are a treat to anyone's faith.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a separate story about chip implants, Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey is running a pilot program on 280 people. They say they'll test it for two years before deciding whether or not to expand it.

LiveScience

Okay this is scary, because I have California Blue Cross coverage. So while I'm not in the New Jersey test program, and won't be directly affected by it, it does sends a chill down my neck. Even if they do wait a few years, you just know they'll expand it--and to other states no less--until it eventually becomes a permanent part of the policy! I'm wondering if I should start looking into other medical providers right now... [Eek!]

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by levi44:I'm new to the board. Nice to meet you all.
It's very nice to have you here! Welcome to the Board and Shalom in Messiah Yeshua! [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible said that the authority will be given so...there will be NO place to hide.

I believe we will be gone but if we stay here the Lord will provide for us. Simple. Remember the food that came from heaven for the Jews? The multiplication of bread and fish? He can even make our metabolism stop so we it will have no need for food.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
levi44
Community Member
Member # 5935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for levi44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they also have ground penetrating radar which can see underground, though I'm not sure how far underground.

I'm new to the board. Nice to meet you all.

Posts: 16 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you were not dependent on the system, you might not need to buy and sell. If you could fish hunt and trap you would have meat
From that perspective, I'm not worried at all. Being from KY, I started out hunting/fishing at around six years old. However, I think they would eventually attempt to track down those who don't have the mark of the beast. Kinda like what the Jews experienced during the Nazi regime. So eventually, they'd come looking...

I've considered where my family and I would go in Kentucky to "hide". Maybe deep into the Daniel Boone National Forest. I would guess those in the mountain states could hide more easier. But with "heat sensing" technology, etc, I'm not sure how long one could be on the lamb for very long. You'd probably have to dig shelter underground or find a cave to hole up in--at least to hide your heat signature.

If it happens in my lifetime and I'm around 90, I guess I'm dead meat.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I ve worried about this at one time. How could I be strong enough to resist the chip? If I cant buy food, what would I do? I m not worried about me, but theres just no way I could stand there and watch my 2 kids cry from being hungry. I dont think God children will be here when this comes into play.
Personally, I dont think that we will be here for this either, but if we are we need to know what we will do.

Re 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

It occurs to me that this says those who do not take the mark cannot buy and sell.

If you were not dependent on the system, you might not need to buy and sell. If you could fish hunt and trap you would have meat; if you had seeds and could grow you could have produce. If you knew what grew naturally that was edible you could have fruit and vegatables. If the church were looking after the church as it ought be doing... those with land or those in the mountains could taken in our city brethren... we could barter what we needed with each other.

Whether it is us or not, There are probably people we know who will be here, it is not enough for us to just say oh.. I wont be here, because some will be here and we need to be thinking and talking about how to live apart from the system for the system is part of the problem. I think that anything that any of us can do and teach others to do to get out of debt, learn the old ways of doing things, be less dependent on energy, and convenience and such, build networks of believers that we can rely on will be helpful for those who will be here.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cricket
Advanced Member
Member # 2960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cricket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is scary stuff. The problem is that these companies, corporations, or whatever, have no controls in place. If they have personal identifying information on that many people they should be encrypting the information so that it cannot be accessed.

--------------------
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
---Vincent Van Gogh

Posts: 56 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go again:

Identity Thieves Hit NIH Credit Union
Scheme Is Latest in Spate of Breaches Affecting Millions

By Nancy Trejos
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, June 29, 2006; Page B03

The National Institutes of Health's federal credit union has notified some customers that their personal information has been compromised by an identity theft scheme, officials said yesterday.

Lindsay A. Alexander, chief executive of the credit union, would not disclose how many of the institution's 41,000 customers were affected, but she did say it was a small number. "They already know who they are, and we know who they are, and we're working with them," she said.

The Rockville-based credit union's clients include employees of NIH, several biotech companies and hospitals such as Sibley Memorial in Northwest Washington. Students and employees at George Washington University also have accounts there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...062801936.html

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Two More Data Breaches at VA Grant Gross, IDG News Service
Fri Jun 30, 9:00 AM ET

U.S. lawmakers said Thursday they have learned of two more data breaches at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs even as the agency announced that law enforcement agencies had recovered stolen computer hardware containing the personal information of millions of U.S. military veterans.

The House of Representatives Veterans Affairs Committee has learned of a May 5 incident in which a data tape disappeared from a VA facility in Indianapolis, Indiana, and a 2005 incident in which a VA laptop was stored in the trunk of a car that was stolen in Minneapolis, said Representative Steve Buyer (news, bio, voting record), chairman of the committee.

Nicholson and other VA officials detailed the two other data breaches to the committee. The Indiana data tape contained information on more than 16,500 legal cases involving U.S. veterans, VA officials told committee members during a hearing on data security. The information could include veterans' Social Security numbers, dates of birth and legal documents, VA officials said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2006...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Red Cross laptop with donor data stolen Sat Jul 1, 1:10 PM ET

DALLAS - A laptop containing personal information from thousands of blood donors — including Social Security numbers and medical information — was stolen from a local office of the American Red Cross, but officials said the information was encrypted.

The data included matching names and birth dates of donors from Texas and Oklahoma, as well as donors' sexual and disease histories.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060701/...ss_data_stolen

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok say they do start pushing the chip, ask for it in the leg or top of the foot or shoulder. With the way things are today, simply say its against our religous belief, we want it in the shoulder. And if that dont work....SUE EM!!!

I ve worried about this at one time. How could I be strong enough to resist the chip? If I cant buy food, what would I do? I m not worried about me, but theres just no way I could stand there and watch my 2 kids cry from being hungry. I dont think God children will be here when this comes into play.

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
studious
Community Member
Member # 5867

Icon 6 posted      Profile for studious   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just say no to implants even remotely near the hands or forehead!!!!!!!!
Further, this even comes from the New World Order during the global reorganization, when the body of Christ gets raptured, and it is the time of Jacobs trouble (Daniels 70 weeks and dispensational premillenialism invoked, along with the King James Bible without which, in English, many scripture with scripture revelations vanish {pleases Satan, though})under the Antichrist. The antichrist may already be at work, since the road plan takes away from the land grant God gave Israel---hey, but when did any government REALLY pay any heed to God??? Even Israel in its best days was deaf most of the time, and worshipping Baal.
But the global unity is eluding the New World Order until the body of Christ vanishes... [BooHoo]

Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed this too.

I expect the rise of child abductions and health care issues/problems to push the "need" for a chip further.

"Please, government, save us!" [crying]

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is something Fishy going on… Just in this month of June 2006, there has been an outrageous amount of ‘thefts’ of laptops and other breaches in security of peoples personal information. I can just hear the Powers that Be now… If you have the “Implant” your identity and information would be “Secure.”

Check these stories out (gathered from various posts on RaptureNews message board):

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Hotels.com customer info may be at risk By DONNA GORDON BLANKINSHIP, Associated Press Writer
Sun Jun 4, 7:01 AM ET

SEATTLE - Thousands of Hotels.com customers may be at risk for credit card fraud after a laptop computer containing their personal information was stolen from an auditor, a company spokesman said Saturday.

The password-protected laptop belonging to an Ernst & Young auditor was taken in late February from a locked car, said Paul Kranhold, spokesman for Hotels.com, a subsidiary of Expedia.com based in Bellevue, Wash.

The computer contained personal information including names, addresses and credit card information of about 243,000 Hotels.com customers. It did not include their Social Security numbers

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060604/...MwBHNlYwM3Mzg-

Personal data on 2.2 million troops stolen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Personal information on about 2.2 million active-duty, National Guard and Reserve troops was stolen last month from a government employee's house, officials said on Tuesday in the latest revelation of a widening scandal.

This means nearly all current U.S. military personnel may be at risk for identify theft, the Pentagon said.

The Department of Veterans Affairs said the information, including names, Social Security numbers and dates of birth, may have been stored in the same stolen electronic equipment that contained similar personal data on 26.5 million U.S. military veterans.

Source: http://today.reuters.com/news/newsar...src=rss&rpc=22

Laptop with data on 65,000 YMCA members stolen from R.I. office
June 2, 2006

PROVIDENCE, R.I. --A laptop computer containing credit-card and Social Security numbers and other sensitive information about roughly 65,000 YMCA members was stolen from a locked office last week, a spokeswoman said.
spokeswoman Michelle A. Riendeau said she had no indication that any of the personal information had been misused. YMCA members across Rhode Island and Seekonk, Mass., could be affected by the theft, she said.

The laptop held credit-card, debit-card and Social Security numbers as well as checking account data and names, addresses and medical information about children participating in YMCA daycare programs. The type of information contained about each person varied, Riendeau said.

Source: http://www.boston.com/news/local/rho...m _ri_office/

Nuclear agency computers hacked
Stolen file contained unclassified information on 1,500 contract workers
Stolen file was unclassified

Although the compromised data file was in the NNSA's unclassified computer system — and not part of a more secure classified network that contains nuclear weapons data — the DOE officials would provide only scant information about the incident during the public hearing.

Brooks said the file contained names, Social Security numbers, date-of-birth information, a code where the employees worked and codes showing their security clearances. A majority of the individuals worked for contractors and the list was compiled as part of their security clearance processing, he said.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13232863/

Stolen computer server sparks ID theft fears
Nearly 1 million prospective AIG customers could be at risk

By Jim Popkin, Tim Sandler & the NBC Investigative Unit
NBC News
Updated: 3:41 p.m. PT June 14, 2006

WASHINGTON - A thief recently stole a computer server belonging to a major U.S. insurance company, and company officials now fear that the personal data of nearly 1 million people could be at risk, insurance industry sources tell NBC News.

The computer server contains personal electronic data for 930,000 Americans, including names, Social Security numbers and tens of thousands of medical records. The server was stolen on March 31, along with a camcorder and other office equipment, during a break-in at a Midwest office of American Insurance Group (AIG), company officials confirm.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13327187/

Laptop with D.C. workers' data stolen

WASHINGTON - A laptop containing the Social Security numbers and other personal data of 13,000 District of Columbia employees and retirees has been stolen, officials said.

The computer was stolen Monday from the Washington home of an employee of ING U.S. Financial Services, said officials with the company, which administers the district's retirement plan.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060618/...NlYwN5bmNhdA--

Equifax laptop with employee data stolen

ATLANTA - Equifax Inc., one of the nation's three major credit bureaus, said Tuesday a company laptop containing employee names and Social Security numbers was stolen from an employee who was traveling by train near London.

The theft, which could affect as many as 2,500 of the Atlanta-based company's 4,600 employees, happened May 29 and all employees were notified June 7, spokesman David Rubinger said.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13437723/

Visa says ATM breach may have exposed data By MICHAEL LIEDTKE, AP Business Writer
Tue Jun 20, 10:43 PM ET

SAN FRANCISCO - Visa USA on Tuesday confirmed an ATM security breakdown has exposed more consumers to potential mischief, the latest in a long line of lapses that have illuminated the often flimsy controls over the personal information entrusted to businesses, schools and government agencies.

The latest breach dates back to February when San Francisco-based Visa began notifying banks of a security problem affecting a U.S.-based contractor that processed automated teller machine transactions.

Visa, one of the nation's largest issuer credit and debit cards, publicly acknowledged the trouble Tuesday in response to media inquiries prompted by Wachovia Bank's decision to replace an untold number of debit cards issued to its customers.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060621/...isa_atm_breach

Hacker enters Agriculture dept. computers By LIBBY QUAID, AP Food and Farm Writer
Wed Jun 21, 11:19 PM ET

WASHINGTON - A hacker broke into the Agriculture Department's computer system and may have obtained names, Social Security numbers and photos of 26,000 Washington-area employees and contractors, the department said Wednesday.

Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns said the department will provide free credit monitoring for one year to anyone who might have been affected.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060622/...MzBHNlYwM3MDM-

Government hit by rash of data breaches By HOPE YEN, Associated Press Writer
Thu Jun 22, 8:01 PM ET

WASHINGTON - The government agency charged with fighting identity theft said Thursday it had lost two government laptops containing sensitive personal data, the latest in a series of breaches encompassing millions of people.

The Federal Trade Commission said it would provide free credit monitoring for 110 people targeted for investigation whose names, addresses, Social Security numbers — and in some instances, financial account numbers — were taken from an FTC attorney's locked car.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement