Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Bird flu

Author Topic: Bird flu
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351. Known as "Spanish Flu" or "La Grippe" the influenza of 1918-1919 was a global disaster.

http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/

Quote:
One theory is that the virus strain originated at Fort Riley, Kansas, by two genetic mechanisms — genetic drift and antigenic shift — in viruses in poultry and swine which the fort bred for local consumption.

But evidence from a recent reconstruction of the virus (see Recent research below) suggests that it jumped directly from birds to humans, without traveling through swine. This does not challenge the idea that the pandemic started with a Fort Riley cook. Indeed, the cook may have been preparing chickens when he contracted the virus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Flu

It's only a matter of time. Population density is much higher now than it was back then and it should allow for an easier mutation. But as in all things, God is in control.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Art, havenot seen you here far some time.

Bird Flu is a Hoax

hi folks i am back to tell you i have been proved right again by the medical journal The Lancet.

The Lancet confirms bird flu is a scum as proved below designed to instill fear and panic by big pharma in conjunction with terrorism fears and erode civil liberties.

i quote;-

Finally Medical Journal Admits the Truth About Bird Flu

" The British Medical Journal recently featured an editorial on the bird flu in which they state the following:

The lack of sustained human-to-human transmission suggests that this AH5N1 avian virus does not currently have the capacity to cause a human pandemic".

-----------------------
thats right folks you have been hoodwinked again by a a big pharma spoonfed media.

again.

more proof;- Donald Rumsfeld WILL PROFIT BY OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
as he will gain personally from the rubbish tamiflu vaccine in which he HAS A VESTED INTEREST..see below.

"Meanwhile, the Bush administration's proposed $7.1-billion pandemic flu plan seeks broad restrictions on lawsuits against producers of vaccines and antiviral drugs, and makes no mention of how those injured or killed by adverse reactions could be compensated."

--------------------

thats right folks if you get injured or killed by this mercury laced vaccine no compensation for you YOU ,YOU POOR YOU.

you are on your own!!!!!!!

REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU ARE IN BED TONIGHT.

-------------------

thats right folks corruption is afoot look at the below story from CNN.

I QUOTE A SMALL PASSAGE;-

Rumsfeld's growing stake in Tamiflu
Defense Secretary, ex-chairman of flu treatment rights holder, sees portfolio value growing.
October 31, 2005: 10:55 AM EST
By Nelson D. Schwartz, Fortune senior writer

NEW YORK (Fortune) - The prospect of a bird flu outbreak may be panicking people around the globe, but it's proving to be very good news for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and other politically connected investors in Gilead Sciences, the California biotech company that owns the rights to Tamiflu, the influenza remedy that's now the most-sought after drug in the world.......

Rumsfeld served as Gilead (Research)'s chairman from 1997 until he joined the Bush administration in 2001, and he still holds a Gilead stake valued at between $5 million and $25 million, according to federal financial disclosures filed by Rumsfeld........

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE STORY:http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/31/news/newsmakers/fortune_rumsfeld/?cnn=yes

-------------------------------
This means that vested interests in the Bush administration profits from decisions by the Bush administration.

-------------------------------

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bird Flu Expert Says H5N1 Worst He's Seen

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/h...05041752452058

By MARGIE MASON (AP Medical Writer)
From Associated Press
May 04, 2006 12:59 PM EDT
SINGAPORE - A leading expert said Thursday the H5N1 virus is the worst flu virus he's ever encountered, and far too many gaps in planning and knowledge persist for the world to handle it in the event of a pandemic.

The virus is a vicious killer in poultry, moving into the brain and destroying the respiratory tract, said Robert G. Webster, a virologist at the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

"I've worked with flu all my life, and this is the worst influenza virus that I have ever seen," said Webster, who has studied avian flu for decades. "If that happens in humans, God help us."

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read many times that the Illuminati like to 'announce' their next move and have used movies in the past to do so... Remember the movie "Oil Storm"? A Cat 5 Hurricane hits the gulf coast region and does great damage to the riggs and more... then just a few months later we had Katrina and Rita. That was not by 'chance.' You may not want to believe it, but man Does have technology which can manipulate the weather. Russia has Scalar Technology and the U.S. has H.A.A.R.P. in Alaska.

There is a card game called "The Illumanti Card Game" which was created WAY Back in 1995... two of these cards ACCURATELY depicted the events of 9/11 (the twin towers and the Pentagon being struck and burning). There is another card called CDC which unleashes Plagues. The Cutting Edge Ministry has a few articles on this: http://cuttingedge.org/articles/ICG.html

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
{{{{{{Brother Art!}}}}}}} [hug]

It's so good to see you here! Welcome Back Bro!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artbook
Member # 5690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artbook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of years ago we had hundreds of thousands of chickens slaughtered due to the bird flu scare here in our Fraser valley. It was quite disheartening for the chicken owners to say the least.

This is a scary situation indeed.

--------------------
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Government Recommends Shopping For Bird Flu

http://www.birdflubreakingnews.com/t...5-B606D3CC1840

LAST UPDATE: 4/25/2006 8:03:23 AM

The U.S. government says we all should be well prepared personally in the event of a bird flu outbreak among humans.

In fact, it says to have at least a six week stockpile in our homes of food and water.

But what does that mean?

First off, there’s no sign at all that it’s here... yet.

And there’s a question of whether the bird flu will ever truly mutate into a virus that goes from person to person.

Still, the government says buy a whole lot of tuna and other non-perishables to hold your family for a while.

...To make sure we got the right stuff, we asked registered dietician Amy Fleishman of Mt. Sinai Medical Center to take us shopping at B.J.’s.

First into the cart: dried fruit.

“Good source of calories not really a good source of protein, but something to have on hand if you want to stockpile something for a disaster,” says Amy.

We also bought beef jerky! “This lasts a long time and it’s high in protein this would be a good thing to store,” Amy states.

Amy says given that protein and carbohydrates have the same number of calories per gram—four—the focus is more on the protein, because she points out, “The protein is important for the muscles. It can be canned tuna canned chicken canned salmon canned protein is a good source it’s compact and moderately priced.”

“These canned beans can be a good source as well. It’s fairly cheap,” she adds.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Bird flu spreads to the small screen in bid to scare up TV ratings

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article....leID= 2244439

...Fatal Contact: Bird Flu in America, an ABC made-for-television movie, airs May 9, just as scientists are to begin testing of wild birds in Alaska that could herald the arrival of bird flu in North America. Scientists fear the bird flu virus could evolve so it could be passed from human to human, sparking a global pandemic.

..."We call this a plausible, worst-case scenario. This could actually happen. It may not be this bad but it could be this bad. The reason to portray it this way is to kind of give a wake-up call to everyone and this is something we shouldn't ignore and we should be as prepared as we should be," said Diana Kerew, one of the movie's executive producers.

Bird flu expert Michael Osterholm said the movie realistically portrays the shortages of goods and services, and some of the ensuing panic, that could occur in a pandemic. But Osterholm frets the blurring of information and entertainment could do the public a disservice and hopes to arrange a conference call with television critics before the movie airs to set the record straight. He singled out for criticism how the movie shows Virginia officials using barbed wire to fence off and quarantine entire neighbourhoods.

"This is too far important an issue to create further confusion in the public's mind," said Osterholm, who directs the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement