Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » An Iran-Russia-China axis?

Author Topic: An Iran-Russia-China axis?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here’s the Cutting Edge’s take on the China connection from their Weekly Update Newsletter posted today: http://cuttingedge.org/newsletters/

NEWS BRIEF: "China: Too Many Men", CBS News, April 16, 2006
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/13/60minutes/main1496589.shtml

"With more than a billion people, China has too many men. According to the latest census, an average of 120 boys are born for every 100 girls, the greatest imbalance in the world ... the root of the problem is a traditional preference for sons. In China, as in other Asian countries, it is sons, not daughters, who usually take care of their parents in old age. To deal with its population explosion, China imposed its strict and harshly enforced one-child policy in the 1980s, and that’s when things started going out of whack, as couples, faced with having only one child, went to great lengths to ensure it was a boy .... 60 Minutes visited Linchuan, a small village in Jiangxi province in southern China, where the absence of girls is most acute. When Stahl went to the No. 10 high school here, with its 7,000 students, the problem was clearly visible: there were far more boys than girls. For every 100 girls, there are 150 boys."

This statistic means that boys comprise 60% of the population, while girls comprise only 40%.

Since the estimated population of China in July, this year, is expected to be 1,313,973,713 (Link: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ch.html#People ) the men comprise 60% of that total, or 788,384,227 men! This figure does represent the greatest imbalance of population in world history. Later in this article, we see that jobs are very hard to get for all these Chinese men.

"The one-child policy is 25 years old, so the first generation is just now reaching marriage age, and for China that’s a big problem because it is estimated that as many as 40 million of its young men could spend their lives as bachelors. Some of these men have joined the country’s floating population — 140 million migrants who move to the cities like Beijing in search of work. The 60 Minutes team came upon a group of men on a street corner, where they gather every day, illegally, hoping for day jobs." (Ibid.)

Since there are so many extra Chinese men, and there are insufficient jobs for all of them, the logical way to absorb all these extra men is to simply draft them into the Army. We believe this is setting the stage for a most startling fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Please allow us to explain:

The major prophetic implication in this entire episode is that this population imbalance in favor of men may be enabling China to fulfill some very major Biblical prophecies concerning the End of the Age!! Let us examine the pertinent prophecies, to see if these things might be so.

quote:
"And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them." (Revelation 9:13-16)
This incredible prophecy tells us that one of God's punishments is to loosen four great demonic "angels" which have been bound somewhere in the vicinity of the River Euphrates, probably in that extra-dimension in which angels and demons exist. These angels lead a great army of men numbering 200,000,000 [200 million] strong.

This is not the only time we see demonic beings leading a great army to battle during the Great Tribulation Period. In Revelation 16:13-14, we see that demonic spirits possess the Antichrist and the False Prophet, and go throughout the world to deceive the leaders of the world to gather in the Valley of Meggiddo for the Battle of Armageddon. We are getting a little ahead of ourselves here, but we wanted to establish the fact that demonic beings are going to be allowed to really and truly deceive the minds of human leaders during the Great Tribulation, to persuade human leaders to act in such a way as to fulfill God's prophecies.

Now, let us go back to Revelation 9:13-16. We see that the 200 million man army will be allowed to kill one-third of the population of the world!! In other words, this 200 million man army will be well equipped with weapons of mass destruction. We consider weapons of mass destruction to be of three (3) types: nuclear, chemical, and biological. This unbelievable army, comprised of an unprecedented number of men, will possess the firepower capable of killing one-third of all the inhabitants of the Earth!

Finally, notice that God reveals, in this passage, that He has prepared these mighty four demonic angels for a specific time: This specific time is described as "an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year". In other words, God has determined, a long time ago, the exact day, of the exact month, of the exact year that this invasion will occur! God is in total control. All we know is that it will occur in the 7-year Tribulation Period, and most probably the last part of the 3 ½ years known as the Great Tribulation.

Now, when we return to our passage in Revelation 9, we get further insight as to who this army may be, and from whence they might be coming. Let us now to the next verse, to get more information on this unprecedented army.

quote:
"And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone. By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths. For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt."
Most Bible scholars have had great difficulty in understanding this passage, as this army is described by the Apostle John in a manner which is not absolutely clear to us. Before we attempt to ascertain the meaning of this description, let us go forward in Revelation, to the point where we see this army coming up to the great River Euphrates.

quote:
"And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way [road] of the kings of the east might be prepared." (Revelation 16:12).
In this Vial Judgment, we see that the Euphrates is dried up for the specific purpose of allowing the "Kings of the East" to cross with their 200 million man army -- the Kings of the East. What country is East of Israel that is capable of fielding a 200 million man army? There is only one country: China.

When you count their Militia, in conjunction with her active Army, China can field an army of 200,000,000 men!! In the last several decades, China has enforced the draconian decree that each family can only have one child. Since the traditional Chinese culture prefers boys over girls, Chinese parents have quietly been killing girls so they can get pregnant again to have boys. China is now in the situation where she has tens of millions more men than women. "This sexual imbalance will result in an excess of over seventy million young men in China by the year 2000, with no women for them to marry ... This situation could fulfill the prophecy of John about the two-hundred-million-man army from the East that will fight in the Battle of Armageddon." ["The Signature Of God: Astonishing Biblical Discoveries", by Grant Jeffrey, Frontier Research Publications, Inc, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 1996, ISBN 0-921714-28-9, Page 198]

If we understand that this army from the East, totaling 200,000,000 men, is Chinese, then let us look at the difficult passage in Revelation 9:17-19. We are told that the riders of these "horses" wore breastplates of "fire, jacinth, and brimstone", we have to ask ourselves what kind of colors would this be?

"Fire" ranges from yellow to bright red, and usually shades in between
"Jacinth" is defined in the dictionary as being "Reddish Orange"
"Brimstone" is defined as being "Bright Yellow"

If you have viewed Chinese art, you will discover that these very colors are used abundantly! These colors are traditional Chinese colors.

We see the parallel plan to this prophecy, from the New World Order Plan. Peter Lemesurier, writing in his monumental work, "The Armageddon Script", page 223, states, "Eventually the Chinese invasion, it seems, will split into two prongs ... Chinese forces will eventually reach the Middle East ... Above all, there will be the Great Chinese War ... the initial skirmishes will take place in South-East Asia and India ...".

These regions are likely where China will fight as her 200,000,000 man army marches toward Israel and where she will kill one-third of mankind. India, with her billion-plus population, is likely to be destroyed.

This is just one more example where New World Order Plans parallel Biblical prophecy! And, this Part of the Plan closely parallels our proposed scenario, above,

Thus, the New World Order Plan envisions a Chinese invasion of the Middle East, and it will happen precisely as the Bible states it will. This current news story simply tells us that China will have no trouble fielding the prophesied 200 million man army, with which to march to the Middle East, and cross the Euphrates River, and along the way destroy one-third of mankind. For this reason, China is now armed to the teeth with the latest military hardware, even Scalar Weaponry (Ltc. Bearden, "Oblivion: AMERICA At The Brink -- Scalar Weaponry Explained, Illustrated" Link: http://cuttingedge.org/detail.cfm?ID=1201 )

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is from Chuck Missler... I thought it went well in this thread: It was interesting to me. I was not aware how dependent on Russia the EU was for energy needs.

Beneath the Baltic Sea, a pipeline is being built between Russia and Germany. Slated for completion by 2010, the 744-mile Northern European Pipeline is a 5 billion dollar project that will pump billions of cubic meters of natural gas from Western Siberia to Germany and the rest of Europe. More importantly, the project has come to symbolize Europe's growing reliance on Moscow for its ever-expanding energy needs. Three-quarters of Europe's natural gas will be imported by 2020, the bulk of which will come from Russia. But some experts say Europe's reliance on Russian gas is problematic, particularly if Moscow makes a pattern of using energy as a tool for foreign policy.

The Russian government controls most of the nation's energy resources and seems willing to use its energy clout as a political weapon. Russia recently received criticism when Gazprom, Russia's giant state-owned energy monopoly, briefly suspended gas supplies to Ukraine, in the dead of winter, in a dispute over gas prices and transit costs. The EU bloc of 25 countries relies on Russia for over a quarter of its energy needs. Germany, for example, imports over a third of their gas from Russia. Several Eastern European nations are completely dependent on Gazprom. Gazprom sells a third of its gas to Europe, accounting for nearly 70 percent of the company's revenue.

Russia is a key player in world energy markets. It holds the world's largest natural gas reserves, the second largest coal reserves, and the eighth largest oil reserves. Russia is also the world's largest exporter of natural gas, the second largest oil exporter, and the third largest energy consumer. Russia has reaped huge economic benefits from rising energy prices. In addition to the European gas pipeline, construction has begun on an Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean oil pipeline to feed growing Asian markets. Russia has also made lucrative energy deals with Canada and the United States. In fact, some experts believe Russia could become the third-largest exporter of energy to the US before the end of the decade.

Over the past two years, partly as a consequence of the war in Iraq, Russia has been carefully cultivating ties with Turkey, Iran and Syria. After losing the Mid-East foothold provided by Saddam Hussein's Iraq, the Russians have been building a new axis of power based on those three key countries. Russia is now Turkey's second-largest trading partner, with a volume of $10 billion in trade per year; Russia strengthened ties with Iran by supplying it with nuclear-related technologies; and last year Russia and Syria made plans to increase diplomatic and military cooperation. Russia wrote-off approximately 10 billion dollars of Syria’s Soviet-era debt and has supplied Syria with Russian made SA-18 surface-to-air missiles.

Russia's arms exports in 2005 totalled a record breaking 6.1 billion dollars. Despite the ongoing controversy about Iran's nuclear program, Russia intends to sell Iran up to 30 Tor M-1 surface-to-air missiles in a deal estimated to be worth up to 700 million dollars. Russia claims to be our ally and partner in the war against terrorism. However despite US objections, Russia is all too willing to sell advanced weaponry to countries (like Syria and Iran) which support the insurgency in Iraq. Russia has also made overtures to the Hamas-controlled Palestinian government. Russia does not consider Hamas to be a terrorist organization, even though Hamas has claimed responsibility for the murder of more than 500 people in at least 350 separate terrorist attacks since 1993.

Russia is a co-sponsor of the Road Map Peace Plan, but that does not mean they are a friend to Israel. Prior to the elections in January, Russian military experts were sent to the Gaza Strip to train Palestinian security forces. In addition to training, Russia is prepared to provide the Palestinians with armored vehicles, ammunition, and helicopters. In past speeches Putin has called on Israel to make concessions and withdraw "from all the occupied Arab lands back to the June 4, 1967 border."

Tensions in the Middle East continue to increase and recent events indicate that the famed battle prophesied in Ezekiel 38 and 39 could be on our near horizon. It is during this battle, that God will directly intercede to protect Israel from Magog and its allies

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
quote:
I think Russia has the largest calvery in the world today.
That is interesting since the Bible talks about horses....

Wow, I did not know that... calvery! yes indeed that is interesting. Yes, I do know that Russia is Magog... or at least part of Magog. I had no idea about the calvery though that is wild!
Well we have cavalry too. But this term doesn't mean soliders on horses anymore. It's usually fast, armored/airboned mechanized infantry. I'd be surprised, very surprised if I saw cossacks charging on horses. Actually it would be great, because one M60 or Ma Duce machine gun would make quick work out of it.
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also, Does China have nuclear power? Weapons?
They're loaded with nukes. One of the reasons they've been so braizen about firing missiles over Taiwan. I have a cousin who is a Commander in the Navy (the same as a light colonel in the Army). He says they are always pinging Chinese subs off the coast of Taiwan--in other words, not in international waters but in Taiwan's waters.

He says everyone in the Navy feels we'll be going head to head with China one of these days.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha ha and heaven only knows what a "calvery" really is! [roll on floor] Thanks for the correction bro!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not trying to be nit-picky here, but I believe you mean cavalry. Big difference between cavalry & calvary! [Wink]

cav·al·ry
1. A highly mobile army unit using vehicular transport, such as light armor and helicopters.

2. Troops trained to fight on horseback.

Cal·va·ry
A hill outside ancient Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified.

OK, that's all from the grammar police for now!

[happyhappy] [type]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
That is interesting since the Bible talks about horses....

Wow, I did not know that... calvery! yes indeed that is interesting. Yes, I do know that Russia is Magog... or at least part of Magog. I had no idea about the calvery though that is wild!
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from supplying somone with arms and Uranium, do you think that Russia has today the .... hmmmm.... the cohesiveness to be a military threat to anyone really?

Ezekiel 38-39 foretells a war in the future where Russia and its Islamic allies will attack Israel. God supernaturally intervenes on their behalf, causing Israel to turn back to the God of Abraham.

It's one thing for the world to witness Muslim countries threatening Israel. Now that we (formally) see Russia joining Iran (Israel's most vocal enemy at the moment), this would seem to be pretty significant.

That is interesting since the Bible talks about horses.... [cool_shades]

Eze 38:4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts [of armour, even] a great company [with] bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

Eze 38:15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

Eze 39:20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Interesting Kindgo. Our trade deficeit wtih China rose from 103 billion in 2002 to over 201 billion in 2005.

We imported 243 billion dollars worth of goods from them in 2005; Iran's 200 billion dollar gas deal works out to be only 800 million a year over 25 years.

You would think that when placing both contributions to China's economy on the scale the US's 243 billion dollar contribution would certainly outweigh Iran's 800 million dollar one... but not so when the contribution is energy.

Not so when the 800 million is something China needs to have rather than something they need to sell.

China only imports from us 41 billion dollars a year in goods. So we only represent to them a very small supplier of their need compared to their energy need, which Iran will supply.

Then to think about our need. It would be virtualy impossible for us to stop trading with China. Try to buy something that is not either manufactuered in China, or packaged in something manufactuered in China! It is almost impossible! We dont even begin to have the infrastructure to make up this deficeit if we wanted to, and the cost to the average Jo if he could not buy goods made in china would throw this economy into a tailspin would it not?

I know very little of economics and trade, it was not my interest in college, but it certainly is interesting to see how something like this plays out insn't it?

It does not surprise me that people are prophesying the coming end of America's days as a SuperPower.

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kindgo: do you have any idea the $ amount that the US imports from and exports to China annually?

Trade with China : 2006
NOTE: All figures are in millions of U.S. dollars.

Month Exports Imports Balance
January 2006 3,494.1 21,404.9 -17,910.9

February 2006 4,087.0 17,926.5 -13,839.5
TOTAL 7,581.1 39,331.5 -31,750.4

'TOTAL' may not add due to rounding.
Table reflects only those months for which there was trade.
CONTACT: Data Dissemination Branch, U.S. Census Bureau, (301) 763-2311
SOURCE: U.S. Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division, Data Dissemination Branch, Washignton, D.C. 20233
http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/china/nuke/index.html

Linda,
You are a testimony in heaven and on earth. [hug]

I will answer the rest later I have to get ready for work.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Kindgo: do you have any idea the $ amount that the US imports from and exports to China annually?

Why do you suppose that Russia did not worry about being supplanted earlier? Was it not Russia that gave Iran its nuclear capability?

Aside from supplying somone with arms and Uranium, do you think that Russia has today the .... hmmmm.... the cohesiveness to be a military threat to anyone really?

How does this all fit into prophesy? There is hardly anyone here now a days that I can think of that has your knowledge of prophesy... so share some of it with us!

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Russia, China warn against antagonizing Iran

Russia, China warn against antagonizing Iran
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_479883.htm
(Reuters)
Updated: 2005-09-22 06:55

VIENNA - Russia and China warned the United States and European Union on Wednesday against escalating the nuclear standoff with Iran, potentially blocking a Western drive to haul Tehran before the U.N. Security Council. Reuters reported.

The European Union has circulated a U.S.-backed draft resolution calling on the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) governing board to report Iran's secretive nuclear programme to the Security Council, which could impose sanctions.

Western countries suspect Tehran is developing atomic weapons under cover of a civilian nuclear energy programme. Iran insists its programme is peaceful and intended to meet its energy requirements.

Both Russia and China, which as permanent, veto-wielding members of the Council could block any action, warned the West against antagonizing Iran.

"While Iran is cooperating with the IAEA, while it is not enriching uranium and observing a moratorium, while IAEA inspectors are working in the country, it would be counter-productive to report this question to the U.N. Security Council," Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
"It will lead to an unnecessary politicizing of the situation. Iran is not violating its obligations and its actions do not threaten the non-proliferation regime," he said in a speech in San Francisco reported by the RIA Novosti news agency. And Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing told an EU team headed by British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw at the United Nations that sending the Iran issue to the Security Council could be counter-productive, a European participant said.(More at the link)

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.janes.com/security/intern...1027_1_n.shtml
The decision by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to refer Iran's nuclear programme to the UN Security Council has thrown into sharp focus relations between Iran and Russia. Moscow may soon have to choose whether to back Iran or align itself with the US and the European Union (EU) in reining in Iran's nuclear intentions.

Russia appears ready to co-operate with both the USA and Iran in order to boost its trade relations with the two countries. Although Russia is also a leading oil exporter and therefore unlikely to be intimidated by Iranian threats to reduce oil sales, the Russian nuclear industry is dependent on the completion of Iran's USD1 billion Bushehr project, which Moscow hopes will be followed by future billion-dollar contracts. Russia's defence industries, also badly in need of an economic boost through exports, have also been selling weapons systems and aircraft to Iran.

Meanwhile, China is becoming even more dependent on Iran for energy. A November 2004 deal to supply China with gas worth USD100 billion is likely rise to a total of USD200 billion after a similar oil agreement is finalised. Iran will export 10 million tonnes of liquefied natural gas (LNG) annually for 25 years in return for Chinese investment in exploration and drilling. This energy co-operation is rendering the US administration's economic sanctions on Iran ineffective. However, the Russians must now assess the likelihood of being supplanted by China if they appear willing to trade favours with Washington and lose the confidence of Tehran. Iran may yet emerge as a leading member of a post-Cold War alliance which will work to undermine US regional objectives.

China will need oil for it own and here is another reason the link will be strong for defending Iran. Same as we will defend and take the fields of Saudi Arabia.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement