Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Couple's implant chips take love to a new level

Author Topic: Couple's implant chips take love to a new level
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
You know, I tend to think that the "Mark" will be visable.. a tatoo of some kind

I tend to agree with you on this, but probably more so because of how I was brought up than anything else. When this chip was brought up before, someone posted something about how the original biblical text could be interpreted that an incision is made or something like that, showing that the chip could be the mark.

A bar code could just as easily be tattooed on someone for scanning, but who really knows what the mark will be.

No chips or tattoos for me, thank you... [rapture]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I tend to think that the "Mark" will be visable.. a tatoo of some kind, but no matter, I can tell you that no one is going to put anything on my forehead or in it or upon my right hand or in it, while I live period! I dont even like this fingerprint scanning stuff and we changed banks when our bank went to retina scanning id. I dont like this stuff! I dont either like the idea of a national id, and I dont want anyone putting chips in my animals. Out here the ranchers are going to be forced to chip their livestock, so that in 48 hours flat they can tell where a cow came from.. birth to slaughter.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
The book will include the RFID programs he has written, and will reveal his self-implanting method.

They've already got us doing it to ourselves?

Sure didn't take long for this little piece of the plan to take root with the public, did it?

You know, I've seen and heard many back and forth discussions about this; whether it's really "the mark", etc. or not.

Whether it is or not, I'm guessing that the reality is - most in modern society will end up getting the chip eventually, and real born again believers will not. So regardless of what the real or true prophetic implications are, there will still be a decided line drawn between believers and unbelievers due to this technology.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple's implant chips take love to a new level
Updated Thu. Feb. 16 2006 1:59 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Grand gestures of love take many forms on Valentine's Day -- flowers, chocolate, romantic dinners -- but a tech-savvy couple has taken it to a new level.

Jennifer Tomblin and Amal Graafstra have made the most modern declaration of their affection for each other, with implanted electronic chips that allow them unfettered access to each other's lives.

It's called Radio Frequency Identification, or RFID. Both have had a small electronic chip embedded under their skin that grants access to each other's front doors and home computers.

The system works like a key-card. A simple swipe of the wrist across an electronic sensor, and they're in.

The couple sees the decision as a modern declaration of love that also happens to be functional.

"It's convenient and all of that. But it's definitely neat to have access to each other's things. nobody else has that, definitely," Tomblin told CTV's Canada AM.

Tomblin, 23, lives in Vancouver, while Graafstra, 29, lives in Washington.

Graafstra got interested in RFID several years ago, and began researching the possibilities. He works in remote server management, so it was a natural step to order his first chip, have it implanted by a cosmetic surgeon, then begin writing software to go along with it.

"I got interested in RFID, essentially, as a way to replace my keys," Graafstra said.

He had a second chip put in later, and after witnessing his successful experiment, Tomblin followed suit and got her own chip about six weeks ago.

"He was writing a book and he was building all these really neat projects, and he'd get into his house and car and computer with it, and I decided if I could do something like that too.

it would be really neat," Tomblin said.

The chip itself is just two millimeters by 12 millimetres, and can be inserted under the skin with an injection needle.

Graafstra's interest has continued to grow, and he has now written several pieces of software to go along with the chip. That interest has developed into a book project called RFID Toys, which comes out later this month.

The book will include the RFID programs he has written, and will reveal his self-implanting method.

Graafstra's work has made him somewhat of a pioneer in the field. Though another researcher working on a different project had a chip put in his forearm, Graafsta was the first to implant a chip in his hand, and the first to plan to teach others how to follow suit.

The chip is embedded in a tiny glass tube, and once implanted it is invisible.

The chips are surprisingly inexpensive, not much more than a few U.S. dollars, and can easily be ordered online. The hardware ranges from $30 up, and software is still difficult to come by -- Graafstra wrote all his own programs.

Graafstra obtained his first RFID tag from www.phidgetsusa.com/. The site has a variety of inexpensive options for various uses, but the glass tube-style tags on the site come with a warning against doing what Graafstra and Tomblin did.

"We do not advise or encourage users to implant the RFID tags we sell into humans or animals in any way," reads the warning. "These tags are not sold as medical products and are NOT sanitized for medical use. Phidgets USA and Trossen Inc … strongly advise against any such use of the tags we sell."

However, the trend is likely to gain momentum as Canadians seek new ways to implement technology into their daily lives, and just maybe, to demonstrate their love for each other.

Like a tattoo, Tomblin said, it's a unique way of connecting with her significant other.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement