Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » White House Defends Port Sale To Arab Co.

Author Topic: White House Defends Port Sale To Arab Co.
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yet so many Christians blindly buy what he says, strongly defend him.

In many Christian circles you dare not speak a word against him. [/QB]

I dare speak out against him. And I voted for him and sent them money. I'm stinkin' tired of these goofy moves--and moronic inaction. Funny, we still have no "motivation" to close down the borders--or has all this been nothing more than a "color coded" ruse? And each day another 4,500 children a day are sucked from the womb. But no, let's put our energies and time giving ports to a culture that hates us! Concentrate on something important like this!

Now democrats and republicans in congress are "rushing" to investigate the whole affair and to "save our democracy"! Well, let's don't rush around and close the borders or save innocent children! No, that's not important at all! Oh, wow...thanks for looking out for us! Ha! And there's nothing else as important, eh? Meanwhile, su_ck out some more children and set up an office at the border so you can wave welcome to all the "friendly visitors" and "tourists" packing suitcase nukes as they're crawling over the line!

Murdering jerks!

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stophie
Community Member
Member # 5516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stophie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite sure what to say about this. Needless to say, it surprised me.
Posts: 13 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bob:
quote:
People we are being sold out by our own government!
The government does not own the ports. Each one is owned by a "port authority" or "port district" in that area. There may be a law requiring Government approval of the sale but the government is not selling them.
That is the other side of the coin, is like those folks that leave behind a levy they think they have a big back yard but when they double check surprise! the city own most of it and you cant build nothing on the levy plus you pay taxes on a ground that you will never use!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WhiteEagle

Advanced Member
Member # 3728

posted February 19, 2006 07:48 PM

I agree this doesn't make any sense at all for HomeLand Security.

It's like the fox guarding the hen house.

That is exactly what I thought. Like the fox guarding the hen house.

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The government does not own the ports. Each one is owned by a "port authority" or "port district" in that area. There may be a law requiring Government approval of the sale but the government is not selling them.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Helpforhomeschoolers and Hardcore.

I want to thank all the other veterans also. Prayers will be said for your family. How greatly they have served and are serving this nation for our freedoms. If only the leaders wouldn't play a chess game with lives sacrificing so much.

The other reason that I even mentioned that info. about us, was to show why I can be so sensitive about our nation. You are right about it being hard to balance our convictions and all. This nation was built on many christian beliefs by many God fearing people. We were taught that in schools too. It is something to fight to keep.

My husband was in the 101st. Airborne Division in Vietnam. He had friends die on the left and right of him instantly. Many times those bullets came near him. I thank God that George never died. Just some shrapnel in his body. He was on Hamburger Hill also. That was a worst nightmare than can ever be spoken about,

I was just stationed state-side doing Medical Records work in an Air Force Hospital.

God Bless [Smile]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOd Bless you for your service, Sister! You are a greater woman than I; I cant imagine serving in the armed forces! I am a wimp. I cant even imagine being a wife of a service man. My mother in law amazes me with the sacrifices she made for my father in law to serve, and now I am watching my sister in law do the same thing, as my brother in law is also committed for life to the Air Force.

My Father in Law served 35 years in the Army, 24 of them stationed in Germany;he worked with the Pershing missles there. He went in as an enlisted man and came out a Col. He served through the Korean War, Viet Nam, and the Gulf War. My husband grew up in Germany. We were just discussing on another board that we really owe all of you a debt of gratitude.

My dad was a WWII veteran,he was MSG in the Army Air Corp and his plane was shot down over Germany. He was taken POW and escaped 3 times only to be recaptured and remained then a POW till the war ended.

I am so thankful that my dad is not here to see the freedoms that we are giving away in this country. I think that it would hurt him so deeply. The personal cost to him was very great, but he would have gone back anytime, if they had let him. He was of course too old. But I know that for my dad, and for my father in law, their service was not a job, it was a act of love for this nation and for their own families that we might live in freedom. I am sure it was for you and your husband as well. It just costs too much to be anything less, especially in a time like Viet Nam when it seemed as though the whole world was against you.

I dont know how we balance our convicitions to Christ and know that we are not citizens of this world and our convicitions of patriotism and love of this land the freedom that we have here. It is for me a struggle that I need every day to ask God for help with, I think even more so because I come from a military family. All I know is that God is in control and I cant imagine living in this time and not knowing that.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
Yes, I will continue to pray for our nation. My husband and I are both Vietnam Veterans. We were raised in schools that taught us to be patriotic. It hurts him and me to see this decay. He says, that now is pay-off time for all the deals Bush Jr. and Senior made previously with the Arabs. How sad. God please forgive our leaders while You help us to forgive them. Open their eyes Lord.

Thank you and your husband for your service and Praise God you came home!

I was raised in schools to be patriotic too, even though the early years were during all the Vietnam controversy. I guess I can thank small town America for that.

It it so hard to adjust my thinking about such matters. But then again, we know who's in control, so I stand on that.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I will continue to pray for our nation. My husband and I are both Vietnam Veterans. We were raised in schools that taught us to be patriotic. It hurts him and me to see this decay. He says, that now is pay-off time for all the deals Bush Jr. and Senior made previously with the Arabs. How sad. God please forgive our leaders while You help us to forgive them. Open their eyes Lord.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing this Joyce. My husband was telling me about this yesterday. I appreciated being able to read the article.

I am glad to see someone step up to the plate in protest of this. I fear that our needs as a nation for oil and for stratigic military bases in the middle east leads our government officials to be silent at times when silence is not in the best intrest of the nation.

Let us pray God's will be done in this nation and for our strength and faith as we walk through these unsettling times.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This what they posted yesterday on their website on Fox News.
Firm Sues Over UAE Port Plan

Sunday, February 19, 2006

WASHINGTON — A company at the Port of Miami has sued to block the takeover of shipping operations there by a state-owned business in the United Arab Emirates. It is the first American courtroom effort to capsize a $6.8 billion sale already embroiled in a national debate over security risks at six major U.S. ports affected by the deal.

The Miami company, a subsidiary of Eller & Company Inc., is a business partner with London-based Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co., which Dubai Ports World purchased last week. In a lawsuit in Florida circuit court, the Miami subsidiary said that under the sale it will become an "involuntary partner" with Dubai's government and it may seek more than $10 million in damages.

The Miami subsidiary, Continental Stevedoring & Terminals Inc., said the sale to Dubai was prohibited under its partnership agreement with the British firm and "may endanger the national security of the United States." It asked a judge to block the takeover and said it does not believe the company, Florida or the U.S. government can ensure Dubai Ports World's compliance with American security rules.

A spokesman for Peninsular and Oriental indicated the company had not yet seen the lawsuit and declined to comment immediately.

The lawsuit represents the earliest skirmish over lucrative contracts among the six major American ports where Peninsular and Oriental runs major commercial operations: New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami and Philadelphia. The lawsuit was filed moments before the court closed Friday and disclosed late Saturday by people working on the case.

The sale, already approved by the Bush administration, has drawn escalating criticism by lawmakers in Washington who maintain the United Arab Emirates is not consistent in its support of U.S. terrorism-fighting efforts. At least one Senate oversight hearing is planned for later this month.

The Port of Miami is among the nation's busiest. It is a hub for the nation's cruise ships, which carry more than 6 million passengers a year, and the seaport services more than 30 ocean carriers, which delivered more than 1 million cargo containers there last year.

A New Jersey lawmaker said Saturday he intends to require U.S. port security officials be American citizens, to prevent overseas companies operating domestic shipping facilities from hiring foreigners in such sensitive positions. Republican Frank A. LoBiondo, chairman of the Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Subcommittee, cited "significant" security worries over the sale to Dubai Ports World.

Caught by surprise over the breadth of concerns expressed in the United States, Dubai is cautiously organizing its response. The company quietly dispatched advisers to reassure port officials along the East Coast, and its chief operating officer — internationally respected American shipping executive Edward "Ted" H. Bilkey — is expected to travel to Washington this week for meetings on Capitol Hill and elsewhere.

The Bush administration in recent days has defended its approval of the sale, and has resisted demands by Congress to reconsider. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack described the United Arab Emirates on Friday as a "long-standing friend and ally" and said the United States and UAE had a good relationship.

President Bush visited the seaport in Tampa, Fla., but did not mention the dispute Friday. The president said an important element of defeating terrorism was taking precautions domestically and working with local government officials.

"We've got to protect ourselves by doing smart things in America," Bush said. "I appreciate working with the mayors on homeland security issues."

One of those mayors, Martin O'Malley of Baltimore, on Saturday harshly criticized the president's approval of the ports deal as an "outrageous, reckless and irresponsible decision" and urged the White House to reconsider the sale. Baltimore is one of the affected ports, and O'Malley is co-chairman of the U.S. Conference of Mayors' Task Force on Homeland Security. O'Malley also is running for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination in Maryland.

Dubai Ports World declined through a spokesman to respond to O'Malley's remarks.

In New York, families of some victims from the September 2001 terror attacks planned to criticize the deal during a press conference Sunday with Democratic Sen. Charles Schumer, a leading critic of the sale. Schumer said he is dubious any assurances can justify involvement by the United Arab Emirates in American ports.

Schumer and other critics have cited the UAE's history as an operational and financial base for the hijackers who carried out the attacks against New York and Washington.

"A lot of families are incensed by this, because you're talking about the safety of the country," said William Doyle, whose son Joseph died at the World Trade Center. ""We have a problem already in our ports because all of our containers aren't checked, but now they want to add this unknown? It's not right."

LoBiondo's legislative proposal would amend federal maritime laws to require facility security officers, which operate at terminals in every U.S. port, to be American citizens. LoBiondo said there are presently no citizenship requirements, which he said permits foreign companies who are or become partners in domestic terminal operations to employ security officers who are not Americans.

"We cannot be lax about our nation's security nor fail to recognize that our ports are realistic targets of terrorists," LoBiondo said.

SEARCH

Click here for FOX News RSS Feeds

Advertise on FOX News Channel, FOXNews.com and FOX News Radio
Jobs at FOX News Channel.
Internships at FOX News Channel (Summer Internship deadline is March 31, 2006).
Terms of use. Privacy Statement. For FOXNews.com comments write to
foxnewsonline@foxnews.com; For FOX News Channel comments write to
comments@foxnews.com
© Associated Press. All rights reserved.

SMARTMONEY ® © 2006 SmartMoney. SmartMoney is a joint publishing venture of Dow Jones & Company, Inc. and Hearst SM Partnership. All Rights Reserved.
All quotes delayed by 20 minutes. Delayed quotes provided by ComStock.
Historical prices and fundamental data provided by Hemscott, Inc.
Mutual fund data provided by Lipper. Mutual Fund NAVs are as of previous day's close.
Earnings estimates provided by Zacks Investment Research.
Upgrades and downgrades provided by Briefing.com.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2006 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.
All market data delayed 20 minutes.

--------------------

Joyce

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fox News is reporting this NOW on there show!

I am listening to it now.

God works fast. His time is always perfect.

--------------------

Joyce

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Grace how much room do you have in Canada?
Do you have any room for us Americans? [Wink]

--------------------

Joyce

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
What do you expect from a man who proclaims that Islam is a "great faith", that Christians and muslim worship the same God, that celebrates muslim holy days in the White House, that raises money to build buddist shrines, that goes and worships in a buddist temple.

In many Christian circles you dare not speak a word against him.

I don't like it, but President Bush is a politician and not a pastor. He does need to offer respect to the Muslim Faith as a gesture of peace, at least to those who claim to want peace.

Maybe President Bush is ignorant of the fact that Islam worships a different god.

Or he is just following the status quo of history that Mohammed did base Islam upon the Torah and Christian teaching and considers itself the 3rd level.

Doesn't say much for his intelligence or his spiritual mentors, does it?

Of course we wouldn't agree with the fox guarding the henhouse, but then again, it's all part of a much bigger plan. We have to remember that America's welfare does not factor in. In fact, quite the opposite. Hopefully, more Christians will start to realize this soon. Then those of us who have been shouting about it from the rooftops for so long, won't seem so crazy.

I applaud and appreciate your willingness to write your representatives, but it won't matter. It doesn't work like that; although they'd love for you to continue believing that it does. What has to happen, will happen. And what the American people think doesn't matter one iota.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
quote:
What do you expect from a man who proclaims that Islam is a "great faith", that Christians and muslim worship the same God, that celebrates muslim holy days in the White House, that raises money to build buddist shrines, that goes and worships in a buddist temple.

Well, I voted fro him, but I say that I expect about the same thing that I expect from one who says this, while allowing himself to be called America's Pastor:

"Fundamentalism, of all varieties, will be one of the big enemies of the 21st Century. 'Muslim fundamentalism, Christian fundamentalism, Jewish fundamentalism, secular fundamentalism-they're all motivated by fear. Fear of each other.'"

They are both on the same path, one has in his hands the material wealth and well being of a nation and the other the spiritual wealth and well being of a nation and they are both marching toward the same end......

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Even so, God is in Control ultimately, and all these things must come to pass. And so we say...

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Amen?

AMEN!!!!!
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't like it, but President Bush is a politician and not a pastor. He does need to offer respect to the Muslim Faith as a gesture of peace, at least to those who claim to want peace.

Maybe President Bush is ignorant of the fact that Islam worships a different god.

Or he is just following the status quo of history that Mohammed did base Islam upon the Torah and Christian teaching and considers itself the 3rd level.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree this doesn't make any sense at all for HomeLand Security.

It's like the fox guarding the hen house.

I'm going to write to my congress representative and senators.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:

Well, I voted fro him, but I say that I expect about the same thing that I expect from one who says this, while allowing himself to be called America's Pastor:

"Fundamentalism, of all varieties, will be one of the big enemies of the 21st Century. 'Muslim fundamentalism, Christian fundamentalism, Jewish fundamentalism, secular fundamentalism-they're all motivated by fear. Fear of each other.'"

They are both on the same path, one has in his hands the material wealth and well being of a nation and the other the spiritual wealth and well being of a nation and they are both marching toward the same end......

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Even so, God is in Control ultimately, and all these things must come to pass. And so we say...

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Amen?

Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Here here!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing... absolutely amazing. All I can say is:

MARANATHA!!!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

White House Defends Port Sale To Arab Co.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/16/D8FQEAHO8.html

White House Defends Port Sale to Arab Co.
Feb 16 3:48 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

By TED BRIDIS and DEVLIN BARRETT
Associated Press Writers

WASHINGTON

The Bush administration on Thursday rebuffed criticism about potential security risks of a $6.8 billion sale that gives a company in the United Arab Emirates control over significant operations at six major American ports.

Lawmakers asked the White House to reconsider its earlier approval of the deal.

The sale to state-owned Dubai Ports World was "rigorously reviewed" by a U.S. committee that considers security threats when foreign companies seek to buy or invest in American industry, National Security Council spokesman Frederick Jones said.

The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, run by the Treasury Department, reviewed an assessment from U.S. intelligence agencies. The committee's 12 members agreed unanimously the sale did not present any problems, the department said.

"We wanted to look at this one quite closely because it relates to ports," Stewart Baker, an assistant secretary in the Homeland Security Department, told The Associated Press. "It is important to focus on this partner as opposed to just what part of the world they come from. We came to the conclusion that the transaction should not be halted."

The unusual defense of the secretive committee, which reviews hundreds of such deals each year, came in response to criticism about the purchase of London-based Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co.

The world's fourth-largest ports company runs commercial operations at shipping terminals in New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami and Philadelphia.

Four senators and three House members asked the administration Thursday to reconsider its approval. The lawmakers contended the UAE is not consistent in its support of U.S. terrorism-fighting efforts.

"The potential threat to our country is not imagined, it is real," Rep. Mark Foley, R-Fla., said in a House speech.

The Homeland Security Department said it was legally impossible under the committee's rules to reconsider its approval without evidence DP World gave false information or withheld vital details from U.S. officials. The 30-day window for the committee to voice objections has ended.

DP World said it had received all regulatory approvals.

"We intend to maintain and, where appropriate, enhance current security arrangements," the company said in a statement. "It is very much business as usual for the P&O terminals" in the United States.

In Dubai, the UAE's foreign minister described his country as an important U.S. ally but declined to respond directly to the concerns expressed in Washington.

"We have worked very closely with the United States on a number of issues relating to the combat of terrorism, prior to and post Sept. 11," Sheik Abdullah Bin Zayed al-Nahyan told The Associated Press.

U.S. lawmakers said the UAE was an important transfer point for shipments of smuggled nuclear components sent to Iran, North Korea and Libya by a Pakistani scientist, Abdul Qadeer Khan. They also said the UAE was one of only three countries to recognize the now-toppled Taliban as Afghanistan's legitimate government.

The State Department describes the UAE as a vital partner in the fight against terrorism. Dubai's own ports have participated since last year in U.S. efforts to detect illegal shipments of nuclear materials.

Rep. Vito Fossella, R-N.Y., urged congressional hearings on the deal.

"At a time when America is leading the world in the war on terrorism and spending billions of dollars to secure our homeland, we cannot cede control of strategic assets to foreign nations with spotty records on terrorism," Fossella said.

Critics also have cited the UAE's history as an operational and financial base for the hijackers who carried out the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

"Outsourcing the operations of our largest ports to a country with a dubious record on terrorism is a homeland security and commerce accident waiting to happen," said Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y. "The administration needs to take another look at this deal."

Separately, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said Thursday it will conduct its own review of the deal and urged the government to defend its decision.

In a letter to the Treasury Department, Port Authority chairman Anthony Coscia said the independent review by his agency was necessary "to protect its interests."

The lawmakers pressing the White House to reconsider included Sens. Schumer, Tom Coburn, R-Okla., Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., and Chris Dodd, D-Conn., and Reps. Foley, Fossella and Chris Shays, R-Conn.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement