Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Send this to TBN

Author Topic: Send this to TBN
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I think we have lost focus on what the true issue is. The issue is not whether you are a fan of Hal Lindly but whether a Preacher should be punished for being to Pro Israel. Which I don't think is possible.
betty

Is that why Lindsey is being tossed from TBN - being too pro-Israel?

I was thinking that it might be because his prophecy beliefs don't fit in with TBN's "Kingdom Now" views.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we have lost focus on what the true issue is. The issue is not whether you are a fan of Hal Lindly but whether a Preacher should be punished for being to Pro Israel. Which I don't think is possible.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bob:
I'm not a supporter of TBN. But I'm not sure Hal Lindsey needs to be heard. I don't think his ideas regarding end-times events are all that accurate.

Agreed on both counts. He certainly has some of the puzzle pieces correct, and maybe even some in the right place; but I think he also deceives (not necessarily on purpose), and confuses as well.

I know some who hang on his every word. If the subject is prophecy, it's "thus sayeth Hal". I believe the same with the Left Behind series.

God can use both to reach people of course, but far too many people are too lazy to study for themselves and end up hanging on every word that comes from Hal or a fiction book series.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a supporter of TBN. But I'm not sure Hal Lindsey needs to be heard. I don't think his ideas regarding end-times events are all that accurate.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

back to ya [Kiss]
be blessed in Jesus

Ho-Ka-Hey
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want everyone here to note that it was not I that exposed Hal's issues! [roll on floor] [pound] [Razz]

I was so discreet and called them issues, and along comes Thunder! Who would have imagined. [pound] [pound]

Sorry, T7 Ya know I love you, but I could not resist the opportunity to poke at you a little bit. Great posts on Tabernacles by the way! [hug] [Kiss] [thumbsup2]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
quote:
Careful Hal believes in Christmas

He's also given several dates for the pre-trib rapture, that have come and gone.

T7

Good one T7.

Liking your recent posts.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Careful Hal believes in Christmas

He's also given several dates for the pre-trib rapture, that have come and gone.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://oneimage.org/cartooncomments.html

Careful, Hal believes in Christmas
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Hal Lindsey should be thankful that he is no longer associated with TBN. Not that Lindsey ahs not had his own share of issues, but I think that being rejected by TBN would be a statement that you must be doing somethign right with God.

Here is a hoot. Hal (My Hal)was reading to me the other day that Crouch is sided with the ACLU on the issue of TV programing. Something about the Satalite industry making it so that you only have come into your home the channels that you want and pay for and this is being done so that parents can have it so that if you dont want MTV or you dont want a specific channel coming in you dont have to have it. Crouch is against this and so is the ACLU. I am not sure what their agenda or reason is as I am not up on this issue, but I guess crouch is afraid that people wont choose to buy TBN. I think that is hilarious! Jan might have to sell some of her glitz and Glam if that should happen! Oh NO!!!!!!!!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Walt!

It is as if the tares are separating themselves from the little wheat which might remain.

They have so compromised the faith that the majority left is pure putrid pablum.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Showing disrespect for Hal's prophetic commentaries at this point in history tells me that TBN will become more and more entrenched within secular political factions. This insensitive move by Paul Crouch will diminish his effectiveness as a leader in Christian communities. The anticipated "revival" which is meant to reap a harvest of souls will not happen if we cater to those who oppose Christ or followers of Christ. In my opinion, Muslims, the people TBN has decided to defend at the expense of Truth, need to repent of their sins and start serving the One true God! Maybe Arabs have money to support TBN -- which seems to care more about style than substance these days? MEMO: Pray with me that Hal Lindsey will get a spot on the Jim Bakker Show. Music City Revival

--------------------
DO A WEB SEARCH TO FIND JIGROP

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement