Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » A sign to the Saints? All the Popes men?

Author Topic: A sign to the Saints? All the Popes men?
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
This is why we must hold to our Bible and not feelings.

Praying women jailed for blocking courthouse

A day earlier, pair ticketed for obstructing Washington Township business

PUBLISHED: December 8, 2005

By Frank DeFrank
Macomb Daily Staff Writer

The Bible teaches there's a time and place for everything.

But two women learned this week lying face down in the vestibule of a courthouse is not the place to pray, and the time is not minutes after they were admonished for blocking the entrance to a business in the same manner.

Brittany Lee Jordan, 25, of Washington Township, and Rachael Sue Jacob, 27, remain jailed Wednesday in lieu of $5,000 bond after they defied an order from 41A District Court Magistrate Michael Osaer to refrain from blocking access to public buildings.

The women told the magistrate they were praying.

"You can pray all you want," Osaer said. "You just can't do it in a place -- where you are impeding other people."

The story began Sunday when employees of a BP gas station/McDonald's restaurant near 26 Mile Road and Van Dyke called police to complain that two women were lying in front of the door to the business blocking access by customers.

Jordan and Jacob were ticketed as disorderly persons and told to appear in court the next day. During a hearing Monday morning, the women told Osaer they didn't intend to violate any laws, but dropped to the ground and sprawled face down because God told them to pray.

"I don't harm anybody or mean to cause any harm," Jacob told the magistrate. "It is just something I felt God had laid it on my heart."

At one point during the hearing, both women dropped to the courtroom floor and began praying.

Osaer set bond at $1,000 and instructed the women to refrain from blocking access to public buildings. Jordan and Jacob were held for a short while, then released after they paid $100, the required 10 percent of the bond.

But as they left the courthouse, the women dropped to the floor in the vestibule and refused pleas from court workers to move. Police were summoned and Jordan and Jacob again found themselves before Osaer, this time in handcuffs.

The magistrate scolded the women for defying his instructions, but Jordan and Jacob said they meant no disrespect.

"I feel it's very important to do what God asked me to do," Jordan said. "I am willing to pay a price for my actions."

Osaer then asked the women: "Does God ever tell you to go pray in some place that doesn't block a door?"

Jordan responded: "Being in a public place is a recent thing."

"I know it seems strange that God would ask me to do something that goes against the law," she continued. "But he's never asked me to do anything harmful to anybody else."

Osaer then increased the bond on the women to $5,000, which they apparently couldn't post. They were then ordered jailed.

Jordan and Jacob are due back in court Jan. 13 on the disorderly person charges.

Shelby Township police Chief Robert Leman said the women offered little explanation for their actions when initially ticketed by officers.

"They just said they were praying," the chief said.

~

I learned from Whitness they were waiting for God to answer. Hum~ sounds classic diabolo.

~

To this I say. Did not Satan try to get Jesus to side step?

Matt.4

1. [4] But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
2. [6] And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
3. [7] Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
4. [10] Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.[/b]

I think these women were arrested for laying down and blocking the entrance to stores...They weren't arrested for praying.

I mean if you go lay down in front of a store and refuse to move you'll get picked up...Even if you aren't praying.

Everywhere I go to eat I bow my head in prayer and say my prayers out loud with my wife...I've never had a problem.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why we must hold to our Bible and not feelings.

By Frank DeFrank

The Bible teaches there's a time and place for everything.

But two women learned this week lying face down in the vestibule of a courthouse is not the place to pray, and the time is not minutes after they were admonished for blocking the entrance to a business in the same manner.

Brittany Lee Jordan, 25, of Washington Township, and Rachael Sue Jacob, 27, remain jailed Wednesday in lieu of $5,000 bond after they defied an order from 41A District Court Magistrate Michael Osaer to refrain from blocking access to public buildings.

The women told the magistrate they were praying.

"You can pray all you want," Osaer said. "You just can't do it in a place -- where you are impeding other people."

The story began Sunday when employees of a BP gas station/McDonald's restaurant near 26 Mile Road and Van Dyke called police to complain that two women were lying in front of the door to the business blocking access by customers.

Jordan and Jacob were ticketed as disorderly persons and told to appear in court the next day. During a hearing Monday morning, the women told Osaer they didn't intend to violate any laws, but dropped to the ground and sprawled face down because God told them to pray.

"I don't harm anybody or mean to cause any harm," Jacob told the magistrate. "It is just something I felt God had laid it on my heart."

At one point during the hearing, both women dropped to the courtroom floor and began praying.

Osaer set bond at $1,000 and instructed the women to refrain from blocking access to public buildings. Jordan and Jacob were held for a short while, then released after they paid $100, the required 10 percent of the bond.

But as they left the courthouse, the women dropped to the floor in the vestibule and refused pleas from court workers to move. Police were summoned and Jordan and Jacob again found themselves before Osaer, this time in handcuffs.

The magistrate scolded the women for defying his instructions, but Jordan and Jacob said they meant no disrespect.

"I feel it's very important to do what God asked me to do," Jordan said. "I am willing to pay a price for my actions."

Osaer then asked the women: "Does God ever tell you to go pray in some place that doesn't block a door?"

Jordan responded: "Being in a public place is a recent thing."

"I know it seems strange that God would ask me to do something that goes against the law," she continued. "But he's never asked me to do anything harmful to anybody else."

Osaer then increased the bond on the women to $5,000, which they apparently couldn't post. They were then ordered jailed.

Jordan and Jacob are due back in court Jan. 13 on the disorderly person charges.

Shelby Township police Chief Robert Leman said the women offered little explanation for their actions when initially ticketed by officers.

"They just said they were praying," the chief said.

~

I learned from Whitness they were waiting for God to answer. Hum~ sounds classic diabolo.

~

To this I say. Did not Satan try to get Jesus to side step?

Matt.4

1. [4] But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
2. [6] And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
3. [7] Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
4. [10] Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.[/b]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my point is I don't know the facts, so I am in no position to judge them.

betty

Went back and read it. The women said that God told them to do so. It seems that they could be mistaken.
I believe that acted our of love for Jesus.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did they accomplish? This is not a situation where they were even protesting something that was going on in the courthouse.

Gee I think I will honor God today, by walking into a building and prostrating myself so that people cannot get in the door and get myself arrested and then tell them God made me do it???

Strange. Silly.

We dont need people going around wearing a big plackard that says Christian and then looking foolish. The world will hate us just for what we believe - we are to live quiet peaceable honourable lives so that when the world hates us they look foolish for we are exlemplary citizens and do no evil to the powers that be.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it depends on the reason they were praying in public. Where they praying to draw attention to God or to themselves? I don't know so I will not judge them.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think it is a good thing Wildb and I dont think that GOd asked them to do it either.

Matthew 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

1 Timothy 2:1 ¶ I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2~25 wemon were put back in jail today for laying down face to earth for Christ in prayer at our 41a court building. Dam .....

I am almost compelled to post their bail. If the paper remains on the table tonight I will see waht I can do.

Do you thik Christ would have them do this ? I havent talked to them but am greatly interested in the reason.

By Frank DeFrank

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/120805/loc_pray001.shtml

Is this a method to see who will come to the help?

I am very concerned with this type of a laying down for Christ.

I get a bad vib about it~ what do you all think?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I am not so sure that it has not already begun!
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If those guys get their orders from the Vatican it could be the beginning of real persecution for the church in the U.S.....

If the pope at the time of the end is the false prophet and we have men in the tops spots of the U.S. government that belong to the RCC then this might mean we could see a more rapid effort to silence truth...

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting Bill.

Extremely symbolic of the crumbling of our nation's moral foundations.

Could it mean that a spirit of ecumenicalism could hold sway and that fundamental declarations of God's Truth become "hate" speech?

It sure seems like the foundation is being laid to usher-in the AC.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Wow WildB that is something isnt it!!
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We now have 5 Catholics on the bench.

Chief Justice John Roberts
Justice Anthony M. Kennedy,Antonin Scalia,Clarence Tomas, and Justice-elect Samuel Alito.

To where do their real loyalties rest? Our Consitution or the will of the vicar at Rome? Is it a setting up of a way that the Constition can be made null and void?

~

By ANDREW BRIDGES, Associated Press Writer Mon Nov 28, 5:14 PM ET

WASHINGTON - A basketball-sized piece of marble molding fell from the facade over the entrance to the Supreme Court Monday, landing on the steps near visitors waiting to enter the building.

-

No one was injured when the stone fell. The chunk of Vermont marble was part of the dentil molding that serves as a frame for nine sculptural figures completed in 1935. The piece that fell was over the figure of Authority, near the peak of the building's pediment, and to the right of the figure of Liberty, who has the scales of justice on her lap.

I look at this as a sign to the Saints that the Authority of our nation has been breached and broken and that our right to Religious Liberty soon to be removed not by force but by the death of the soul of a nation.

The forcefull of the secular will happen this way.

The 2nd Amendment will be the 1st to go and then the 1st will be the last.

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement