Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » WOW~here we go

Author Topic: WOW~here we go
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those questions doesn't seem to have any "educational" anything. Look more like question that a doctor will ask a child that is suspected of being molested by an adult.

Another reason to homeschool!

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Ephesians 6:12)
For our battle is NOT against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LAW OF THE LAND
Dobson blasts 'frightening' court ruling
9th Circuit said parents don't have exclusive rights in child's education
Posted: November 12, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

A federal appeals court's dismissal of a lawsuit by parents outraged that a school district surveyed their elementary school-age children about sex is "frightening," says family advocate James Dobson.

"I think that's one of the most frightening examples of judicial tyranny that has come down," said Dobson, founder and head of Focus on the Family, on his daily radio broadcast.

Dobson called the 9th Circuit "the most out-of-control, imperious, unelected, unaccountable court in the country."

The court determined there is "no fundamental right of parents to be the exclusive provider of information regarding sexual matters to their children."

"What parents do not have is the right to raise their own children," Dobson said.

He noted the ruling concerned not only sex education but the whole curriculum.

"I mean the parents either have the responsibility to raise their own children or they don't," said Dobson.

The three-judge panel of the full court further ruled that parents "have no due process or privacy right to override the determinations of public schools as to the information to which their children will be exposed while enrolled as students."

Six parents sued the Palmdale, Calif., School District after finding out their kids had been asked a series of sexual questions in class. They included asking the children about the frequency of:

* Touching my private parts too much

* Thinking about having sex

* Thinking about touching other people's private parts

* Thinking about sex when I don't want to

* Washing myself because I feel dirty on the inside

* Not trusting people because they might want sex

* Getting scared or upset when I think about sex

* Having sex feelings in my body

* Can't stop thinking about sex

* Getting upset when people talk about sex

Judge Stephen Reinhardt wrote the unanimous opinion for the court [pdf file]. Referring to the fact the parents lost their case at the district-court level, Reinhardt wrote:

We agree [with the previous ruling], and hold that there is no fundamental right of parents to be the exclusive provider of information regarding sexual matters to their children, either independent of their right to direct the upbringing and education of their children or encompassed by it. We also hold that parents have no due process or privacy right to override the determinations of public schools as to the information to which their children will be exposed while enrolled as students. Finally, we hold that the defendants' actions were rationally related to a legitimate state purpose.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47371

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement