Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » What are your thoughts on the rebuilding of the temple

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the rebuilding of the temple
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So if HE LIVES thinks that the temple building will be SOON, then HE LIVES probably further needs to acknowledge that the war of Ezekiel 38 and 39 will PRECEDE that.
The words in the post above are not my words, they are from an article I read on the net.
I only posed a question on what the people of the board thought of the rebuilding of the temple, and that it is all over the net that it is in the works. I don't know when the temple will be rebuilt, I just know that it will happen when the Lord say it's time. I don't pretend to know what only the Lord knows. My faith is in Him, and not in my understanding.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, if the book of Ezekiel is any guide, the war of Ezekiel 38 and 39 must happen BEFORE there is mention of a temple in Ezekiel 40.

So if HE LIVES thinks that the temple building will be SOON, then HE LIVES probably further needs to acknowledge that the war of Ezekiel 38 and 39 will PRECEDE that.

IF there is any building of a new temple in Jerusalem, the war of Ezekiel 38 and 39 would be the CAUSE which made such building of a temple possible.

On the other hand, already in Ezekiel 39 it seems to be stated that the result of this Ezekiel 38-39 war is that the LORD WILL BE THERE:

7So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy

Ezekiel 39
7 So will I make My holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Note that it says the Holy One IN Israel, not the Holy One OF Israel.

And then in Ezekiel 40, Ezekiel begins to see a temple.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is my belief that the temple will be rebuilt after the final judgment, at which time the new heaven and the new earth will be formed here on earth.

God doesn't do anything just half-way. The original temple was built in his name and was built in the likeness of something you would see in heaven. It was given as a covenant to his people, so you can be sure that it will be rebuilt some day.

1 Kings 5:5 I intend, therefore, to build a temple for the Name of the LORD my God, as the LORD told my father David, when he said, 'Your son whom I will put on the throne in your place will build the temple for my Name.'

The Muslims took over the land on which the original temple was built. They demolished the temple and built a mosque on the original Temple Mount.

In Rev.21 it explains about going to a mount and describes in great detail the the measurements, how the walls were made of jasper and the foundation made with gems, much like the original temple.

A stumbling block to many seems to be Rev. 21:22.
No temple could be seen in the city, for the Lord God almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Many believe that there will be no physical temple at all, but from the description in Rev.21 it is is obvious that there will be a magnificant structure of some sort. We must be reminded that this will be in a Holy world. The temple will be filled with the glory of God and the Lamb.

Barnes' Notes explains it thusly -
"Rev. 21:22 For the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. They are present in all parts of it in their glory; they fill it with light; and the splendour of their presence may be said to be the temple. The idea here is, that it would be a holy world--all holy. No particular portion would be set apart for purposes of public worship, but in all places God would be adored, and every portion of it devoted to the purposes of religion."

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AS soon as I posted my response I realized what I did. So before all you pre tribbers go crazy let me explain.
1st Corinthians 15:51-52-- Behold I show you a mystery: We shall not all sleep (the sleep of death) but we shall be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling (wink) of an eye AT THE LAST TRUMP; for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptable and we (who are still alive) shall be changed.

1st Thess 4:16--For the Master Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout with the voice of the archangel and with the trump (trumpet) of Yahweh, and the dead in Messiah shall rise first...

Ok these are two of the verses that are used for a rapture. Now I'm not denying the rapture but here is the verse that talks about the last trump.

Revelation 11: 15-18 And the seventh angel sounded and there were great voices in heaven saying: the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ and He shall reign forever and ever. And the twenty-and-four elders which sat before God on their seats fell upon their faces and worshipped God, saying: We give thanks to thee O Yahweh Elohim El Shaddai (almighty) which art and was and are to come, because thou hast taken to thee thy great power and hast reigned. And the nations were angry and thy wrath has come AND THE TIME OF THE DEAD that they should be judged and thou should give reward to thy servants the prophets and to the saints and them that FEAR THY NAME small and great..and shouldest destroy them that destroy the earth.

Ok now go back and read everything that happens before the seventh and last trump. If you read all that happens before the last trump you will see that the church is here after the death of the witnesses.

Now compare the verse in Rev. to this verse in Isaiah.

Isa.27:13 13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

Now when is all this happening? At the last trump. What happens before the last trump? The witnesses come on the scene along with the antichrist and Christians are still here.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cefaison
Advanced Member
Member # 4955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cefaison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that there are many beliefs about the end times and different views, but I happen to believe that the Rapture will occur before the Anti-Christ is truly revealed and two witnesses show up. I use to study prophecy and my beliefs align up pretty much with the Left Behind series.
In Christ,
Christie

Posts: 23 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it happens soon but I believe we have a few years to wait. We first need the antichrist. then the temple , then the witnesses then the Rapture.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!!!!!!!
Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaughterAnn
Advanced Member
Member # 2055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaughterAnn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are my thoughts?

"Even so, Lord Jesus, come." [clap2]

--------------------
DaughterAnn †

"Isaiah 6:
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Posts: 60 | From: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the rebulding of the temple will be a gift from the anti-Christ to the Jews for signing the peace agreement. Like you I believe this could happen before or after the rapture but, I am leaning towards after the rapture when the world will be in a panic and ready to accept the anti-Christ with open arms.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

http://www.calvaryprophecy.com/temple.html

The rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem will probably be the next step in the near future. This can occur before the rapture of the church or after. One thing is certain, it will be rebuilt in the near future.

I’m sure it is amazing to many Christian’s and non-Christian’s alike, that the building of a church will cause such a worldwide problem. And of all the temples in the world, why would the anti-christ choose this one to desecrate? And why would any one even care about such a small country?

This is all a part of God’s plan. From 70 A.D. until 1948, the Jewish people had no homeland. In 1948 the nation of Israel was reborn. However, the Temple Mount was still held by the nation of Jordan. When the temple area was recaptured in 1967, the Jews wept. The joy of the Jewish people was quickly dashed to pieces. A few hours after the recapture, Moshe Dayan, the Defense Minister of Israel, announced that the Temple Mount would remain under Arab control. The rejoicing of the Jews was turned to sorrow, This action to religious Jews was absolutely beyond comprehension. Jews still cannot go to the Temple Mount area to pray, to offer sacrifices, and, above all, to build their Third Temple. This temple will be rebuilt very soon. There are many organizations right now who have almost all the temple instruments and materials pre-made for the day when they will rebuild the temple.

Something else that is quite startling. Rabbi Chaim Richman of the Temple Institute stated that, according to the revered Jewish teacher Mammonides, various treasures from the First Temple are buried beneath the Temple Mount. Rabbi Getz, the 82 year old chief rabbi of the Western Wall, said that they know for sure the location of the ark of the covenant, the candle-sticks made by Moses, and the stone tablets containing the ten commandments.

Rabbi Shlomo Goren, the former chief rabbi of Israel, said that they were digging towards these items. The Arabs, fearing what would happen if the ark of the covenant and the ten commandments should be recovered, rioted. The Israeli government became fearful and ordered the digging to be stopped.

Matthew 24:15, II Thessalonians 2:4, and Revelation 11:1 all explicitly state that the Jewish Temple will be rebuilt in these endtimes. Can you imagine the effect on the people of the world when construction on the Israeli Temple begins?!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement