Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Events of Biblical Proportions

Author Topic: Events of Biblical Proportions
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rancan6776,

A day will come to all atheists and others like them who do not believe in God, they will come to regret their words of no prayer and speaking out against God's people during all of the situations of hurricane Katrina. Then they will wish they'd turned to Jesus Christ, repented, and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour! They will wish they'd prayed for all of the victims and also for themselves.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN......Great post.....

I believe that God does allow things to happen to us to cause us to cry out to Him and only Him. To look to Him for all things for He is the Great I Am. When did God set the Israelites free from Egypt? When their cry was 100% authentic from the heart. God wants to hear the heartcry from His people.

"Mankind is on a trainwreck course without the Lord."

that is an understatement.

The American Atheists organization says President Bush should stop urging prayer for Hurricane Katrina victims because it violates the Constitution.

Ellen Johnson, president of the group said Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco and Bush "should not be violating the Constitution by telling people to pray for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. It's unconstitutional for government officials to be promoting religion; and besides, judging from the speed of some relief efforts, officials should be busy working instead of preaching."

In urging her own flock to support disaster relief efforts, Johnson said: "Contrary to some, charity and mutual aid are not the monopoly of religious organizations."

While some government officials are calling for prayer and trying to focus public attention on the work done by some religious groups, America's diverse community of nonbelievers – Atheists, Freethinkers, Humanists and others – are joining the effort to support relief operations in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast.

Johnson also expressed alarm about religious activities behind some relief efforts.

"We're getting reports of how some religion-based 'aid' groups are trying to fly evangelists into the stricken areas and how U.S. Army Chaplains are carrying Bibles – not food or water – to 'comfort' people at the New Orleans Superdome," she said. "People need material aid, medical care and economic support – not prayers and preaching."

Dave Silverman, communications director for American Atheists, went even further – blaming God for taking thousands of lives both in the Asian tsunami lat year and again in the Gulf Coast.

"It appears that despite all of the outbursts of public religiosity and prayer, 'God' was once again asleep at the wheel," he said. "Only human beings can deal with the calamities of the natural world. God doesn't seem to be much help when it comes to rushing food, water, or antibiotics when people are suffering."

Johnson said her group is trying to encourage atheists to contribute money to relief organizations that do not proselytize as part of their rescue efforts.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46159

this country needs Jesus in a bad way.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that many of you would agree that we are seeing the birth pains Jesus prophecied of in Matthew 24.

We are seeing and many of you are experiencing it personally right now.

How does the believer respond?

The recent events of the past week are still hard to accept as being true. I heard that babies were raped in the Superdome. I think, how could a few violent depraved people be allowed to do such a thing when there were other good people present?

We saw how quickly human beings can revert to acting in undignified and inhuman ways. I am NOT blaming these people by any means, as what they endured would have caused any of us to be in a state of physical shock, and our brains to just shut down to try to survive the horrors.

I do blame those who did violence to others, such as the rapists, the murderers, and the terrorists who showed up in the city. Their true natures came to the front. A New Orleans police officer commited suicide after 5 days of this hopeless situation. People dying without loved ones and in the open with no one to attend them, left to die with no human dignity.

I can't go there to help. I can send money. I can pray for the victims, but it is very overwhelming just by the sheer immense numbers of people who need help.

I know God is NOT overwhelmed. I know God does not want this suffering. I believe God is the author of the storm, and of all natural disasters.

I can't help but ask WHY? Judgement sounds like the right answer, until I see all the innocents who suffered, and are still suffering.

My intellect tells me, the innocents suffer due to the decisions that were made over the past long years by others who came before, and that this diaster is the manmade natural consequence
of all those sinful and bad and foolish lifestyles and decisions.

Mankind is on a trainwreck course without the Lord.

As Christians we've always believed that. We need the Savior. We know we are doomed without God's intervention.

The storms of life will continue to come, how do we respond? Psalms 127:1b ..."except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain."

Judgements are going to continue. I now can understand why the Prophets cried when they prophesied. It's the human reality of real suffering, and knowing it didn't have to be that way.

Dear ones who read this and were in Katrina's path:

Know that the Lord allowed you to live. Know that the Lord loves you and the ones you lost.

You know the government did not help you. You know you lived by a miracle. Know that others care about you, and you will find those people.

Know that the terrible delay of help to all of you, was not God's will. Satan's trademark is all over the delayed rescue effects New Orleans and other places were left to their own devices for over 5 days.

Know that Satan blinded the minds of authorities and they did not do many things even in the days before the storm hit that could have saved lives.

Know that judgement came to the church as well as to the criminals. I don't think many churches in Katrina's path were left standing.

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob Loves you. He sent his Son, Jesus to die for you and shead His blood to allow you to be a child of God.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement