Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » NewOrleans---Though some migh be interested

Author Topic: NewOrleans---Though some migh be interested
Daniel_Eric
Member # 4988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel_Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Test the spirit.

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/grace_and_truth.html

Posts: 4 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen Kim Clement on TBS. He has kind of a unique act where his band (spontaneously) plays music. Then he goes into a sort of trance, stops the music and starts preaching. He's entertaining, but I don't pay any attention to him, because he has failed prophecies to his credit.
Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grammajo you underestimate the will power of man. When ever something bad happens Man builds and builds. This goes right back to the beginning of Genesis. What did Cain do when After he killed Able? He took a wife and built a city named after his son. What did the people do after they got off the Ark and repopulated the built the Tower of Babel. The Bible is full of stories where cities are built and rebuilt.
In modern times the list is long of cities that have been destroyed and rebuilt. Hiroshema and Nagisaki, HAd two Atomic bombs dropped on them today rebuilt and thriving.
This is because man has a thing about creating other things. I believe that New Orleans will be rebuilt it will just be a matter of what happens there after it is rebuilt.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I truly do not believe that New Orleans will ever be rebuilt at all - I feel that too much has happened there for any rebuilding to ever come about.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ezekial prophicied against the city of Tyre in Chap. 26.

Verse 2 gives the reason Tyre is judged: "Son of man, because that Tyre has said against Jerusalem;
"Aha she is broken that was the gates of the people, she is turned unto me, I shall be replenished now she is laid waste."

Recent pullout from Gaza from a land that God has given to Israel just a week before Katrina hit.
America consented and pursued that Isreal should pull out to bring peace with Palestine. (We know it will not bring Peace) America thought she would be replenished by Isreal's "broken gate".

Here is what was in store for Tyre: Eze. 26:19

"For thus saith the Lord God, When I shall make thee a desolate city, like the cities that are not inhabited; when I shall bring up the DEEP upon thee, and great waters shall cover thee.

Tyre like New Orleans was bordered by water. Eze. 27:4
Thy borders are in the midst of the seas, thy builders have perfected thy beauty.

God's word came true for the ancient city of Tyre and it applies today to us when we commit the same sins as a nation.

I have heard prophecies that New Orleans will be rebuilt as a beacon to the Lord and revival, but if this prophecy applies to New Orleans, then I don't think that will occur, as Ezekial says that city will always be desolate.

What happened on the Gulf Coast is a wakeup call for all of America.

I've heard it preached that the name of this hurricaine Katrina means "purity". The Lord used the winds of Katrina to purify this land.

I can only testify that when the remnants of Katrina's winds and tropical warm air reached me in Maine, I found it pleasant and opened all my windows that night to allow those winds to fill my house. It was the most refreshing and pleasant scent and warm gentle winds I've ever experienced.

I testify this, not because I think the Northeast coast is any "better", than the Gulf Coast, but it shows that with God's judgement there is Mercy still for us all. God's purifying and cleansing flow will touch us all, if we are ready to receive it.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hurricane Katrina was just a natural disaster of a very destructive kind. However that's all it was - a natural disaster and nothing more than that.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, every city has its own sins and corruption too. Its not just New Orleans. Mississippi was hit as well so its not just them.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The jackass forbad the madness of the Prophet.

He could not curse Gods people but taught thier enimy how to currupt them and bring Gods Correction.

Num.31

Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got e-mail this morning about this,
found the web-site.
As far as I can remember I have never heard Kim Clement.

I am not the messenger, just thought some might find it interesting, I did.

web page

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement