Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » One (Homeland Security) to rise above three (Executive, Legislative, Judicial)

Author Topic: One (Homeland Security) to rise above three (Executive, Legislative, Judicial)
dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I think the growing fear our Country is coming under is in preperation for the anti-Christ. The more the people around the world become fearful, the more willing they will to be to accept peace at any cost. Even the cost of worshipping the beast.
betty

If that were not so true I wouldn't be as scared as I am. When I say I am scared, I mean I am afraid for those who won't know Christ we He comes to take His bride. They will either die or come to know Him through dire circumstances after the tribulation.

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Homeland Security has been given way too much power.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MySavingGrace:
And, they say the real ID is to help with "security" right and use that word alot? Also, the name homeland "security" too etc.

this war on "terror" etc too

thanks for the references. I was a bit confused but now I know you mean the false peace right?

Yes. You are right.

More precisely: a new government branch (in the name of security) has taken power from three other government branches.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few quotes that come to mind TG.

Homeland Security / Patriot Act:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will pledge with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government." - Henry Kissinger in an address to the Bilderberger meeting at Evian, France, May 21, 1992.

Bush / Current Administration:
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar." - Julius Caesar

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the growing fear our Country is coming under is in preperation for the anti-Christ. The more the people around the world become fearful, the more willing they will to be to accept peace at any cost. Even the cost of worshipping the beast.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, they say the real ID is to help with "security" right and use that word alot? Also, the name homeland "security" too etc.

this war on "terror" etc too

thanks for the references. I was a bit confused but now I know you mean the false peace right?

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, [and] over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
Rev 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and [upon] them which worshipped his image.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Daniel 7:7-8 "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words."

This is a portion of the text I was thinking about.

Aaron

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
can you tell me where in Revelations this is?

thanks.

The Bible talks about a time when everyone will have to have a mark, a number, or the name of the beast to be able to buy and sell... You will find this in Revelation 13...The technology that will be introduced soon will make that a real possibility...The Bible also talks about peace and safety being the motivating factor behind the push for one world government that will rise in the endtime.

The Bible says that the antichrist "by peace he will destroy many".

Don't know the exact chapter and verse but it's in there..Seems to be the most spoken word is "peace" these days.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by AMH:
Come on Aaron, you know what MySavingGrace meant. Your play at sophistication is not necessary. Most of us are just Christians taking a close look at Bible subjects.

If a person makes a claim at this site they should be able to back it up. That is what honest communication is all about.

AMH

I think you took it the wrong way. Next time I'll include a few smilies. [thumbsup2]

Aaron

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Aaron, you know what MySavingGrace meant. Your play at sophistication is not necessary. Most of us are just Christians taking a close look at Bible subjects.

If a person makes a claim at this site they should be able to back it up. That is what honest communication is all about.

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

No. I can't.*

Aaron

*(it's not in Revelation**)

**(it's "Revelation", singular--- "The Revelation of Jesus Christ..")

btw: it's in Daniel; although, again, it may not be the fulfillment of prophesy but it certainly foreshadows what the prophesy speaks of...just as Hitler was not THE anti-Christ but was certainly lead by the anti-Christ spirit. Shadows of things to come.

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you tell me where in Revelations this is?

thanks.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

I expect to see more of these sorts of things come in the name of "security".

"Paul warned that the legislation, called the Real ID Act, gives unfettered authority to the Department of Homeland Security to design state ID cards and driver's licenses. Among the possibilities: biometric information such as retinal scans, fingerprints, DNA data and RFID tracking technology."

http://news.com.com/National+ID+cards+on+the+way/2100-1028_3-5573414.html?tag=nl

Aaron

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement