Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » A great link

Author Topic: A great link
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is more than one group using "Intelligent Design" as their moniker. Some propose alien theories and some are Christian scientists.

One needs to make sure they're talking apples to apples when discussing this subject.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, it's strange this topic came up at this time. I've just read the Wildest Christian Fiction E-book on this very topic called "The Aahriman Gate"

It's about the return of the Nephillim in the end times and it talks about the fact that so many believe we've been planted here by a master race and how that lie is from the Pit of Hell.

Check out this E-book here: http://www.ahrimangate.com

WARNING: This book is Not for the Squimish!

I'm still not sure what to think of the book yet... (there seems to be a bit of a Catholic undertone in it.) I have to remember it's "Fiction" but it's based on complete science facts and includes some very interesting insights into Scripture and extra-biblical historical accounts.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the suggested reading article in the first post here:

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=5731

quote:
'Intelligent Design' is the belief that the universe, in its complexity and attention to detail, could not have come about by a series of random coincidences and therefore, is the product of an unidentified Intelligence.

The debate (yes, Middleton, there IS a debate) has grown more intense as science has begun to unlock the secrets of the genome and realized that genes are really micro supercomputers.

'Intelligent design' does not identify the Designer, ignores the Bible, imposes no moral or religious accountability, and allows for any and all religious worldviews. It is NOT creationism, or anything approaching creationism.

There is room in the Intelligent Design theory for the Designer to be anyone from a Creator God to space aliens from the Planet Zenon.

This last theory is the one I’ve read about that’s associated with I.D. and that's why I made the satatement I did [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
"Intelligent Design" is what Bush is pushing for schools to teach. I haven't read the article you linked to yet, but as I understand it, I.D. claims that we were planted here by aliens who altered the DNA of apes and created homosaipans (sp?).

I've studied on this issue and and "Intelligent Design" is not a NEw Age concept. It's about Genesis and TELLING STUDENTS THE SCIENTIFIC FACTS THAT LEAD TO THE FACT OF CREATION BY GOD.

Evolution is about random and chance and small changes over time. Intelligent design is about showing the evidence for a planned and detailed creation that didn't occur by CHANCE. It shows that for a planned creation that there had to be a Creator.

It's not perfect theology from a Christian point of view, but remember the public schools disallow any mention of Christian religion.

At least this teaching shows the flaws of Evolution and the scientific facts to show that Evolution is not true.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Intelligent Design" is what Bush is pushing for schools to teach. I haven't read the article you linked to yet, but as I understand it, I.D. claims that we were planted here by aliens who altered the DNA of apes and created homosaipans (sp?).

Of Course, we know that 'Aliens' are nothing more then Satans fallen angels, and the Bible clearly tells us in Genesis 3 that these fallen angels mingled with the daughters of men to produce the "Nephillim" (Giants). So yeah, they did alter the DNA, and then GOD sent Noah and his family into the Ark and flooded the earth to kill the mutants off.

You're going to see this I.D. theory get a Lot of support from many different sources - especially the New Agers.

--------------------

mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends I thank you for sharing your thoughts with me on various posts. I would like to put in an invitation to all "end times events" posters and readers to visit a really great site:

www.omegaletter.com

It is the site of Jack Kinsella, an associate of Hal Lindsey. There is some fascinating (and I believe annointed) writing to be consumed there. Please take time to read his latest entry, "Intelligent Design?" It's worth it.

[clap2] Then hop back to CBBS, of course! [clap2]

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement