Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » peterjeennings passed away

Author Topic: peterjeennings passed away
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But it's as WRONG to judge that he's heaven when there is NO indication."

Wparr,

No offense but I have to disagree with this statement. As compassionate Christians is only normal to wish people we cared about to be in Heaven. Of course if they were not saved, they are not in Heaven. But I can understand gramajo's desiere that he did get right with God.
A person who comes on our tv in our home, we began to care about. It is her kind heart that weeps at the thought that he probably waited to late to get saved.
God bless you wparrr.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only God knows what transpired during Peter's last days and only God knows where Peter is now.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN Betty

I don't delight in anyone going to hell (except satan) because each person that ends up there is a victory for satan, and a loss for our side.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My intent was to show how was deceived in his reporting, and how he would report after sitting before the Judgement seat.

But it's as WRONG to judge that he's heaven when there is NO indication.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.answers.org/peter_jennings_and_jesus.html

I too was greatly disappointed when I watched the show. I hoped he got saved at the last moment, but I do know the Bible says there will come a time in a sinners life when the Holy Spirit will not longer convict a person. Leaving the person to die in their sins.
If Peter did go to hell, I take no joy in this.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WParr,

There is no need for you to make a rude statement.
Of course I can read and I can do many many other things too.

I'm glad that you admit you weren't there during peter's last days. Therefore that just reinforces the fact that you do not know what transpired between Peter Jennings and Jesus Christ. No one should ever rush to judgement in any situation.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
regardless,

RIP

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Can you read?

quote:
I can't judge what happened in the last monents of his life.

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

WParr,

I didn't hear that particular report. I'd have to hear it for myself. However that doesn't change the fact that you have no way at all to know what transpired during Peter's last days so therefore you should not rush to judgement where Peter is concerned because to do so is not at all appropriate or right and I don't believe that Jesus Christ thinks it's appropriate or right either.

--------------------
Gramajo320

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Did you watch his report "Search For Jesus"?

TRASH TRASH TRASH from the enemy's camp

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

WParr,

You claim all of that but when was any of this supposed to have happened?

Besides that as I said before you weren't there with him so therefore you have no knowledge of what even transpired during his last hours and therefore even if your claims were true Peter Jennings could have repented and accepted Jesus Christ and therefore went home to be with the Lord. No one should ever rush into judgement without true facts about another person like that.

--------------------
Gramajo320

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

I can't judge what happened in the last monents of his life.

Bur I CAN judge that what he reported about his "Jesus" was right from the mouth of the enemy.

ALL lies and twisted truths

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

WParr,

You make those claims but when did any of the above ever happen. Also you weren't there with him during his last hours so you cannot claim or presume to know what happened during that time. Too many people jump to their own conclusions without knowing and without being right there.

--------------------
Gramajo320

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Yes he was a great anchor, from the world's, and the prince of the world's point of view.

He used his position to denounce The Bible, and Jesus' divinity.

Not a legacy I would want to leave.

The MOST important news reporting someone could do, and he got it ALL WRONG.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

It's to late to pray for him, his decision is already made.

Nothing can change that.

It would be a miracle if he did believe at the last moment considering how much he denounced The Bible as THE infalible Word of God.

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

I never ever heard Peter Jennings say anything against christians. He was a great news anchor and I shall miss hearing him giving the news. Also I would not be so quick to judge Peter Jennings for you have absolutely no idea what went on with him during his last living hours - you were not there with him. Instead, if he wasn't a christian and born again believer, you should at least pray that he came to the right decision before he passed on. Many people do exactly that. Too many people are so eager to judge others and that is not what Jesus Christ wants us to do.

--------------------
Gramajo320

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Yes it is sad when satan gets another victory in someone’s death.

I hold animosity towards Peter Jennings, he was deceived by the enemy like most of the world is.

The saddest part is that he was a pawn of satan to denounce God's living Word as truth, and thus help deceive others.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Andy Rooney also makes fun of Christians. Still, it is sad to see someone die, especially non believers because we know it is to late for them to get right with God. A Christian should always grieve for those who wasted their life and died in their sins.
betty

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

What would give even a HINT that he was?

His view of Born Again Christians and Biblical Christianity was very obvious.

VERY NEGATIVE

He considered us part of the problem rather than the solution.

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

WParr,

Are you trying to say that Peter Jennings is not a christian or a born again believer? I'm just wondering what you mean by your posting.

--------------------
Gramajo320

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

I wonder what his one last report would be if God would let him come back to do one after sitting at the judgement seat having rejected Yashua as Messiah?
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I was so sad to hear about that. You see people like him for years on T.V. and it is like you know them.
betty

--------------------

brownlee
Advanced Member
Member # 4929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brownlee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
abc news anchor peter jennings has passsed away he had lung cancer he has doen he news quite a few years now.

--------------------
makeing a difference in others lives

Posts: 21 | From: utah | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement