Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Is is to late for America

Author Topic: Is is to late for America
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GodGiven:
Tell you what, as a praying servant of God I am praying for a revival and it will happen. The huge harvest of souls. It will happen. I wish you'd doubt your doubt.

I'm sure that we would all like to believe this, but scripture describes a far different picture. Many of us already recognize that picture in our world today, and I'm afraid "we ain't seen nothing yet".
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GodGiven
Advanced Member
Member # 4960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GodGiven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I would like to think America would have one big revival before Jesus returns, but I would be surprised if it happened.
betty"

Tell you what, as a praying servant of God I am praying for a revival and it will happen. The huge harvest of souls. It will happen. I wish you'd doubt your doubt.

Politics I think some of them have to be in politics because this nation was founded on the gospel of Jesus Christ and there for he's political. He states to keep your eyes open and watch for the end days and the political side shows the end times. I agree we are there and that's why I am standing for a harvest.

I have to discontinue from posting in this part of it because I have a hard time talking about other people in political or even the everyday common person. I just don't agree with it.

Bless you all [youpi]

--------------------
Forgetting the troubles of the world is to walk the gospel of Jesus.

Posts: 26 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for israel my beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, you are absolutely right!! I agree with you about what President Bush should of done instead of what he did. Let's face it, anybody can pray to a god, but there is only one God and He is in Heaven, soon coming to take back what is rightfully His [clap2] [dance] [Cross]

--------------------
Psalm 122:1

I was glad when they said unto me; let us go unto the house of the LORD

Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning as I was lying in bed before I got up, I started thinking about how often God judged Israel because of her actions and the actions of her king, in Bible days. Most people thought after Sept 11th, there would have been a great revival. I surely did. But, I believed President Bush made a grave mistake. Although he said for people to go to God, he was too concerned about being Politically Correct and made too much a point that God was God to everyone whether you prayed to Allah or to just a "higher power” I believe if he would have laid aside his PC and said to America lets call for fasting and prayer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we would have had a great revival in America.
Sadly within weeks after that terrible day, Church attendance was down. I believe at that point we lost our chance at a Country wide revival in America.

This aside I believe God is still doing great things in hearts of His people. But far too many Churches today are not preaching the meat of the Gospel instead they are doing like the Bible said it would be in the last days, tickling the ears of the people. For the most part America has grown proud. She does not want to hear about sin. She does not want to hear about repentance.
She wants a God that offers prosperity, not a God who wants to make disciples out of His people.
She wants a God that she can talk to when she is in the mood, but the rest of the time, God is to leave her alone to do what she wants. America is a rebellious nation. Unless there is a drastic change, she will grow colder and colder and more and more Churches will become more concerned with filling the pews, so they will become more and more politically correct which means feeding only the people milk.
Those of us who want to have a daily relationship with Jesus must pray for our Country. She is in great need. We must pray for preachers that they will be willing to be more concerned with the Gospel of Christ then politically correctness. We need most of all to pray for the soon return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know nothing about your personal life, your faith and what it is doing but I know faith is active, always moving toward Yahweh!

My oldest daughter had cancer of the Kidneys when she was 14 months old, at that time as was a heathen, into very immoral sin.

but faith came into my life and our daughter was totally healed of cancer (whelms tumor they called it. They gave us 3 years at the max for her to live if she stayed on chemo therapy.

When Yahweh spoke to my heart I told the doctors and the nurses we were taking our baby home if she lived fine , if she died fine. It did not matter we were putting our baby in God's (Yahweh's) hand. Jackie is now 35 years old and has not seen a doctor for any reason since the day me and her mother gave her to Yahweh, not even for a cold, she has given us 8 grandchildren and they have all been born at home.

After Jackie the trail with cancer, we discovered Yahweh (God) wants His children to trust Him though ever issue of life.

We had 3 more children no assistance from medical world, I delivered the 3 children at home myself trusting in Yahweh’s ability not my own

The scriptures say we live by faith

I have shot framing nails through my hand, nailing my hand to the bottom plate framimg a house and couldn’t even get one of the other men on the job to get me lose. So I got a pair of lineman’s pliers and cut myself lose from the wood and then pulled the nail out myself.

The man that I was working for wanted to bring me to the hospital, I said no I will pray and put some peroxide and alcohol on it and Yahweh will do the rest and kept right on working.

I can tell these stories on and on of faith and receiving the promises of Yahweh

But that would leave a false impression of faith because there are those times when we believe and the answer does not come

It is like the Apostle Paul’s thorn in the flesh, no matter what it was Yahweh did not give Paul victory over it, but told him my Grace (strength ) is sufficient.

Since August 24, 2001 I have been totally disabled from a fall on a job, and have not been able to receive my healing. I know the scriptures declare emphatically , “by His stripes you are healed” I believe that but my back still hurt.

Word of Faith people say I have a lack of faith, they are ignorant of he ways of Yahweh

Sometime suffering is the way of Yahweh’s choice, I do not understand it I just know that His way

Hebrews 11:32-38

There is not a shortage of stories in the Bible concerning the movement of God among His people. The witnesses, Paul said, are too numerous to mention: Gideon, Samson, David, and Samuel, to name a few, and all of the prophets who wrote in the Old Testament. Some subdued Kingdoms. Many wrought righteousness, obtained promises. some stopped the mouths of lions. The three Hebrew children quenched the violence of fire. They escaped the edge of the sword. By their weakness others were made strong. They waxed valiant in the fight and one man stood and by an uplifted hand turned an entire army into flight. Women received their dead back to life by the actions and lives of Prophets of God of the Old Testament.

But there were others who, that they might obtain a better resurrection, would not accept deliverance. Others went through cruel trials of mockings and scourgings. They suffered bonds and imprisonment. They were stoned, even sawn asunder. When free of the bonds of men, they wandered, destitute, in sheepskins and goatskins, afflicted and tormented. They lived in deserts and in mountains, in dens and caves. The Apostle Paul tells us in Hebrews 11, that the world was not worthy of them, for through it all they cried out for the people and against the evils of idolatry, greed, and lust.

What we see masquerading as faith today is a lie in most cases,

In Luke 18:1 - 8 it is written:
1. And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray and not to faint;
2. Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3. AAnd there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5. Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8. I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Jesus said few will be saved, toward the end He said it would be so little “faith” He would hardly find any.

There is much perverted Gospel out there like Jesse Duplantis and his bunch

But real faith is almost impossible to find

And that just the way Jesus said it would be before His return

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the Bible supports that more and more Christians will become lukewarm towards God as time goes on. I pray Jesus comes soon.
I would like to think America would have one big revival before Jesus returns, but I would be surprised if it happened.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GodGiven
Advanced Member
Member # 4960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GodGiven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what your bible says but thats not what I'm saying, do you think it gets bad for the believers?
Seriously people maybe your not understanding what I'm saying, I guess.
We are removed before it gets that bad. Saved by grace, Jesus paid the price we don't have to. I don't know how else I can say this. I'm not of this world so this world and it's problems don't move me because my home is in Heaven and I'm blessed.
And I'm referring to Jesse Duplantis. Judge not and you won't be judged, I guess.
I don't understand why people children of God won't pray for people or pray for a revival for more souls to go to Heaven. I guess I'm not following you people.
But Jesus won't forsake me and trouble won't knock here.

But anyway I'm not debating the word of God, if it's in the bible I'm all for it all I'm saying is revival in this land is something worth praying for, because it's right.

Like why would God say your healed then spit cancer at you? Your healed get up and walk. It's black and white not that hard to follow. Your saved, so from what? I mean your not following me. Your saved from the destruction of this world so pray for those who are blind and held captive. Except your salvation and move on.
If Jesus would have doubted after he died do you think he would rose from the dead with ressurection power? No

And for a personal note what is prosperity to God money or souls, he's rich. In this day where it looks so bad out in this world we have to remember we are above this world and our God can do anything.
Why are you questioning me? What have I said directly that your not following?
Not believing in a revival of souls I didn't agree with that statement and I'm not going to because I think we should be praying for souls. This world needs a revival.
I can't quirral with you over the bible it's wrong, direct question would help.

--------------------

Posts: 26 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Bettie,

Noah preached for 120 years and no one repented.

Jesus said "as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be at His return"

GodGiven

Are you talking about Jesse Jackson or Jesse Duplantis, there's not much difference in the two of them.

The key is repentance, not name it claim it

whether your talking about

name it claim it prosperity

or

name it claim it salvation

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I don't know where you are getting your information, but my Bible says the world will get worse until after the tribulation when Jesus comes back with His Church, and conqueors satan and puts him in the bottomless pit. But until that day the world will be overcome by sin.
Until that day we should pray that as many as possible will accept Jesus as their personal Savior before the rapture.
betty

--------------------

GodGiven
Advanced Member
Member # 4960

becausehelives,
I think some of what I said come out in a way that it wasn't taken as meant. The children of God, are coming ahead in this land and Kenny and my bro Jesse yeah they are as we speak teaching the overflow and judgement on this land. And I'm in firm agreement with them the children of God are rising into power as we should be because this America was founded on the gospel of Jesus. And the prince of the air has deluted this land and evil has run a mock but God and his children are taking it back. It states in the end times that he will return and every eye shall see him on that day.
However I firmly also believe we should pray for a revival of souls, that peoples eyes are opened. We need a revival, it's why we are christians, go out into all the world and share his word. God wants all his children saved, every last one of them.
I think it's a shame alot of christians have laid down and accepted alot of the troubles of this world. I don't do that. I don't take a step without my Lord taking it with me and whereever I put my foot is mine. And I agree with Jesse on that. We are the voices and we need God in America again.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

http://members.aol.com/sue4jesus24/Page1.html

July 04, 2005
Federal Court Outlaws Praying in Jesus’ Name
News Wire
Supreme Court outlaws praying in Jesus’ name by refusing to hear the town's appeal against which The town of Great Falls lost its four-year legal battle to keep the name "Jesus Christ" in its council meeting prayers. The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear the Chester County town's appeal of a lower court decision that it improperly favored one faith with its prayers. The legal ramifications go beyond Great Falls:
The decision of the lower court, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, applies to both North and South Carolina, and Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.
Posted by Editor at July 4, 2005 03:30 AM

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I do not see America as a whole falling down on her knees no matter what happens. Even at the Prayer Meeting after Sept 11, the President had, only one person prayed in Jesus name. Rev. Billy Graham was the only one who prayed in Jesus name. The rest of the time they prayed to God with emhpasis on God being anyone that people wanted it to. Our Country is too PC to pray to Jesus. Within a week or two people stopped going to Church. The Bible says that during the triublation after each vial of punishment is poured on the earth the people will grow more and more bitter to God, even so far as too curse God.

The Bible says it will get worse and worse not better. I pray every day for the rapture to be very soon.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TG
Unfortunatly, I do not see a big revival in America. I believe our Country has gone beyond our chance at a revival.

I agree with you

I can not find a revival in the last days,

the scripture speak only of the opposite

an great apostay, a great falling away from the true faith (if you disagree please give scripture evidence)

and that is what we are seeing, people will not endure sound doctrine

that is why Benny Hinn, Paul Crouch, Kenneth Copeland, Rick Warren, Joel Osteen .... are so popular

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whitesands 777,

Amen to your posting! I am in complete agreement with you!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
I truly do not feel that it's too late for America. Yes there has been a whole lot of wrong doing, sinning, etc., but I believe there's going to be a whole of repenting and acceptance of Jesus Christ occurring before very much longer.

I think you're right and it makes me think of something.

We have it pretty easy here in America for the most part and I think that maybe a disaster may be the only thing that will turn our hearts toward Him...Once a person is reminded of how fragile they are they are able to see just how much they need Jesus...Sometimes the easy times lull us to sleep and blinds us to the reality of or fragility amd wretched state.

A major calamity could be allowed to awaken us and shed light to the reality of our sad state bringing us to repentance.

Surely, anything that awakens people and brings them unto repentance is God's mercy upon them.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I truly do not feel that it's too late for America. Yes there has been a whole lot of wrong doing, sinning, etc., but I believe there's going to be a whole of repenting and acceptance of Jesus Christ occurring before very much longer.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard of this book?

It was recomemded to me by a very solid 83 year old Pastor.

Very intesting, and very well documented.

I pray some here make takethe time to check it out.

A Woman Rides the Beast

By Dave Hunt

The following chapters are from the book A Woman Rides the Beast: The Roman Catholic Church and the Last Days, copyright 1994 by Dave Hunt, Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon 97402; used by permission of the author; order from The Berean Call, P.O. Box 7019, Bend, OR 97708. $10 + $2 S/H.]

"The woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. ... Here is the mind which hath wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth" (Revelation 17:18,9).

A Woman Rides the Beast Chapter 6 -- A City on Seven Hills

A Woman Rides the Beast Chapter 7 -- Rome's Fraudulent History

A Woman Rides the Beast Chapter 9 -- Infallible Heretics

A Woman Rides the Beast Chapter 12 -- Unholy Mother

Hanegraaff Says Rome Is Not the Harlot of Revelation 17 04/21/2000

The time is upon us, the Bride is making herself ready! bold added by me

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Unfortunatly, I do not see a big revival in America. I believe our Country has gone beyond our chance at a revival. Too many innocent unborn babies have died legally in our Country, for too many years.
You can go to prison for killing your neighbor's dog but your wife can kill your unborn child with out you permission. Before you blame it all on the women, there are lot of men forcing girlfriends and wives to have abortion and alot of men doctors and clinic owners making alot of money off abortions.
betty

--------------------

GodGiven
Advanced Member
Member # 4960

Icon 14 posted      Profile for GodGiven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be more or less then 80% No man knows the heart depth of another. Judge not and you won't be judged. Fear not for the Lord is with you constantly. The end times should be a party for most. Revival in the land is an awesome thing. I do agree that we need God in America again and his will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

--------------------

andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seams odd that statistically, about 80% of Americans claim to be Christians..
[Roll Eyes]

Feels like a good 6% is actually genuine...

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He will never forsake us....

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Amen brother!
Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 16 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry about the double post...I don't know how that happened...... [Smile]

Just for the record...Im not a gloom and doomer but I have been really been heavy with all that is going on in this world...The bible tells us that when the fig tree starts to bloom that this generation shall not pass till all things come to pass. There is not much that has to happen to bring forth these prophecies....What a great time to be alive...(Matt 24:32-35)

Im always taken to these verses in Ezekiel when I think about America

Ezekiel 22:23-31 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, say unto her, You are the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation. There is a conspiracy of her prophets in her midst, like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in her midst. Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned my holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and the common, neither have they shown difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain. And her prophets have daubed them with untempered mortar, seeing false visions, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus says the Lord GOD, when the LORD has not spoken. The people of the land have used oppression, and committed robbery, and have oppressed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully. And I sought for a man among them, that should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Therefore have I poured out my indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, says the Lord GOD.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant help but to think that our role in the Gaza withdrawal is the point of no return. God is very clear of the consequences of these actions.

But you know what....Praise God....Israel is about to be saved......When their heart cry is that of which their ancestors had when they were in bondage, Jesus will return...It's always been about Israel....Jesus is their peace....Our God is so amazing....

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant help but to think that our role in the Gaza withdrawal is the point of no return. God is very clear of the consequences of these actions.

But you know what....Praise God....Israel is about to be saved......When their heart cry is that of which their ancestors had when they were in bondage, Jesus will return...It's always been about Israel....Jesus is their peace....Our God is so amazing....

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too believe that America is about to be judged.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Hi Betty,

Thank you very much for your posting which I always enjoy so very much! Yes I really understand what you are saying about feeling like going up to them and saying something! Like you I don't do it though because it always difficult to know what they might do. So I don't say anything but I do think it! The men who dress like that need to dress much more appropriately!
God bless you very much, Betty!

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

God bless you gramajo. Sometimes, I feel like walking to one of those guys and saying:
You must be proud of those underware, the way you are showing them off!"
but I am afraid, I would get shot.
betty

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Betty,

Amen to your posting! I've seen many men dress just as you described and yes they do have to be reminded to put a shirt and shoes on before they can be let in a store, restaurant, or board a transit bus. God bless you, Betty!

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Men are the worst when it comes to dressing. The young men in my town wear their pants from 3inches to 6inches below their underwear and no shirt. They even go into stores dressed like this and only put on their shirts when made to.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Amen "israel my beloved " right on the mark [thumbsup2]

the final give up of Yahweh on any Nation is the flaunting of their sin in Yahweh face with no shame or remorse

America is there

Sin is no longer in the closet hidden

Homosexuals parade in the street

Divorce is no longer a shame

Children have no repect for authority

Women dress like prostitutes in public with no shame, many calling themselves Christians

Courts of the land side with the beast nature of man

Law makers seek to legalize perverted lifestyles

Woe to America!

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Wilkerson has many timely and revealing words to say, and I agree with him that America is going to reap what she has sown. I'm not convinced though that we have reached the point of no return.

Even if we have, God always has a Remnant of Believers even in Babylon, as Revelation says for them to "Come out of her my people and Be Ye SEPARATE."

Since the 2004 election that put Bush back in office, even liberal CNN turned it's head along with the 3 National networks in taking a hard look at the real people of America.

Larry King recently as last week had as guests, Greg Laurie, Max Lucado, Rod Parsley, and another prominent Spirit-filled minister of the gospel on his show.

I can never tell what Larry King really thinks as he is paid to play the "devil's advocate", but by the end of the show, he looked very uncomfortable in the company of those ministers of the gospel.

I pray God will reach his heart and of others at CNN and around the world who watched the show.

CNN had these ministers on as guests, due to the RED states' majority and they as a business are attempting to cater to the majority.

I think that God will be glorified here, as CNN will get something unexpected from this, and hopefully it will be the Salvation of many.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for israel my beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this article, I think the writer is right!

http://www.lamblion.com/articles/other/social/SI-02.php

Is it too late for America?
Has America passed the point of no return?

Dr. David R. Reagan
In a sermon delivered in 1989 at Times Square Church in New York City, Pastor Dave Wilkerson electrified his audience with the proclamation that America has passed the point of no return in its rebellion against God and has thus been destined by God for final judgment. He began the sermon with the following words:

America is dying! The country's wound is incurable. It is now in the final throes of a terminal disease. The great empire is crumbling!

The Message Summarized
The crucial points make by Wilkerson in this historic prophetic declaration were as follows:

America is a sinful nation that is currently experiencing the judgment of God.

God has raised up many prophetic voices to call America to repentance and to warn that continued rebellion will lead to doom.

America has refused to listen to these prophets. Instead, the nation has stiffened in its rebellion against God.

The result is that America has passed the point of no return, the point of "dread release," when God delivers a nation from judgment to destruction.

And thus, the wrath of God is about to fall on this nation, most likely in the form of an economic collapse from which there will be no recovery.

A Mocking Nation
It is an ominous message of truth that Americans, even Christians, will rebel against. The Christian community will reject it because it has compromised its values with the world, it has wrapped itself in the flag of patriotism, and it has deceived itself with its pollyanna gospel of health, wealth and prosperity.

When God sent prophets to Israel and Judah, calling them to repentance, the people mocked the prophets. "We are God's Chosen People," they reminded the prophets. "God will never allow our nation to be destroyed." (See Jeremiah 5:12-13 and Micah 3:11.)

For the past thirty years God has been raising up prophetic voices in America voices like Dave Wilkerson calling this country to repentance. We have reacted in the same manner as the ancient Israelites. We have mocked the prophets by arrogantly reminding them that we are a "Christian nation."

A Nation under Judgment
But the truth is that we are anything but a Christian nation. Our behavior as a nation makes a mockery of Christianity. We lead the world in every abomination known to man - abortion, alcoholism, drug addiction, gambling, divorce, child abuse, violent crime, pornography, and yes, even child pornography. Worse yet, we export our violence and immorality to other countries through our sleazy movies and television programs. We have become the moral polluter of planet earth.

And we are reaping what we have sown. The judgment of God is upon this nation. Read Deuteronomy 28:15-48. The curses of a nation under judgment are listed there. The passage reads like a detailed description of American society cities in chaos, youth in bondage, government in confusion, a foreign policy in retreat, rampant disease, epidemic divorce, agricultural calamity, and increasing foreign domination.

A Nation in Rebellion
Yet, despite these judgments, we have refused to repent. In fact, we have stiffened in our rebellion against God. In our schools we have abolished prayer, removed the Ten Commandments, and banned the distribution of Bibles. We have terrorized our teachers into believing they will lose their jobs if they mention God to their students. We have even mandated the teaching of atheistic evolution and have prohibited the truth of creationism.

We are in the process of legalizing and even encouraging sodomy. We are handling out condoms and needles to our youth. We are going out of our way to protect every expression of profanity and obscenity. Our state governments are encouraging immorality by promoting gambling in every conceivable form. And our artists are wallowing in blasphemy, using every form of artistic expression to mock and ridicule God.

America is thumbing its nose at God. The Supreme Court is in rebellion against God. Our Congress is hardened against God. Our Bureaucracy could care less about God. Our educational system has banned God.

A Nation Facing Wrath
The chilling thing about our behavior as a nation is that the Bible teaches that when a nation under judgment refuses to repent, it will ultimately reach a point where God will deliver it from judgment to wrath from discipline to doom. The Bible further teaches that when this terrible point of dread release is reached, the nation cannot be saved even by the prayer of the Righteous! Read Ezekiel 14:12-20.

I call this the "Nahum Principle" because it is so clearly taught in the prophetic message that God gave to Nahum to deliver to Ninevah, the capitol of the Assyrian empire. Nahum pronounced that the nation's wounds had become "incurable" (Nahum 3:19). Jeremiah used this same terminology when he later pronounced God's doom upon Judah (Jeremiah 10:19 and 30:12).

Nahum identifies the point of no return in chapter one, verse 11. He says it occurs when a nation's apathy toward God or rebellion against God is transformed into war with God. In other words, it is one thing for a nation to ignore God and another for it to rebel against God. These actions will provoke the judgment of God. But when a nation goes to war with God, that nation beckons the wrath of God and thus seals its doom.

Has America reached that point? Dave Wilkerson, God's Jeremiah for our time, says we have. I think Wilkerson is right on target.

How will God's wrath be manifested toward us? Initially, it is most likely to come in the form of an economic collapse from which there will be no hope of recovery. Ultimately, it is likely to be consummated in our destruction by nuclear weapons.

As we face the consequences of our war against God, let those of us who are Christians do so with hope in our hearts, remembering the words of Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good. He is a stronghold in the day of trouble. And He knows those who take refuge in Him.

--------------------
Psalm 122:1

I was glad when they said unto me; let us go unto the house of the LORD

Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement