Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Britain’s Elites Converting to Islam

Author Topic: Britain’s Elites Converting to Islam
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one of those great signs of the End. There will be a great falling away. The truth is it is not Islam that the truly worship. It is Money, Wealth, and Notarity. I guess you may call that-the small 3 and 1. Money makes the world go around; THE LOVE OF MONEY BREEDS EVILNESS!
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 8 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be interested to know how many convert out of unspoken fear. A few, namely the celebrities, do it just to gain the publicity such a move usually brings.

Of course, none of that means anything to those promoting Islam. I pity those who turn their back on the Lord simply to gain some imagined security -- as if a terrorist will stop to ask each individual his/her religion before detonating a bomb. What was it Ben Franklin said? Something like, "Those who trade freedom for security, deserve neither."

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Islam is blamed for the bombing, yet the elite convert? Makes total sense of course. No way was this bombing an inside job.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"According to the Times report, many converts have been inspired by the writings of Charles Le Gai Eaton, a former Foreign Office diplomat. “I have received letters from people who are put off by the wishy-washy standards of contemporary Christianity and they are looking for a religion which does not compromise too much with the modern world,” said Eaton, author of Islam and the Destiny of Man"

And yet, Linda, when we speak of the dangers of Preachers watering down the truth of the Gospel, we are considered sinful.
The fastest growing region is Texas is Muslim.
The radicals don't have to send a suicide bomber over to England or American, just recruit Americans and English people right out of the Muslim Mosque.
God help us.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Britain’s Elites Converting to Islam
Author: Arutz Sheva
Publication: Israel National News

According to a report by IslamOnLine, an Islamic website, 14,000 of England’s ‘elite’ have already converted to Islam, with more on the way.

The report cites ‘the first authoritative study of the phenomenon’ carried out by the Sunday Times on February 22, reporting that “some of Britain’s top landowners, celebrities and the offspring of senior establishment figures” have converted to Islam in recent years.

The Times study was carried out by Yahya (formerly Jonathan) Birt, himself a Muslim convert, who is the son of Lord Birt, the former director-general of the BBC. He used a breakdown of the latest census figures to conclude that there is a major migration from Christianity to Islam taking place in England, with 14,200 converts to date.

Birt is quoted as arguing that an inspirational figure similar to the American Muslim convert Malcolm X, would first have to emerge before the next stage – a mass conversion among Britons – were to happen. “You need great transitional figures to translate something alien (like Islam) into the vernacular,” Birt was quoted by the Times as saying. Professor Birt received his doctorate at Oxford University on young British Muslims.

Emma Clark, the great-granddaughter of a British prime minister also converted to Islam.

Emma, whose ancestor Prime Minister Herbert Asquith, took Britain into the First World War, commented on her conversion saying, “We’re all the rage, I hope it’s not a passing fashion.”

According to the Times report, many converts have been inspired by the writings of Charles Le Gai Eaton, a former Foreign Office diplomat. “I have received letters from people who are put off by the wishy-washy standards of contemporary Christianity and they are looking for a religion which does not compromise too much with the modern world,” said Eaton, author of Islam and the Destiny of Man

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement