Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » mark of the beast

Author Topic: mark of the beast
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 2 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/
Some pretty heave illuminate stuff here some I know to be true, others... [Confused]

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading the illumenate thread this morning and I felt this in my spirit, I was going to post this there but I thought it goes better here though the issues are related.

“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.” (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Hebrews 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

This is what the mark of the beast amounts to.....the selling of the Birthright.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestng article JAVA thanks for sharing it. I do not believe that the bride of Christ will be here either, but many will be and it is very frightning to think of the things that are coming to the earth. I am lready amazes at the number of folks that think this stuff is a good idea,
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 13 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marketing the Mark of the Beast
by Michael G. Mickey
(7-21-05)
For now, RFID (radio frequency identification) technologies are neat little gadgets, but Bible prophecy tells us they, or something very similar to them, are going to be utilized by the False Prophet and the Antichrist in the prophetic future to exercise control over all mankind during the Tribulation Period to come as seen in the scripture below.

Revelation 13:16-17: And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Recently, implanted RFID microchip technologies s are getting quite a bit of play in the news. For example, a ZDNet article states former Bush cabinet member Tommy Thompson, who was Health and Human Services Secretary in President Bush's first term and is a former Governor of Wisconsin, is going to be receiving an implanted RFID microchip "to help promote the concepts behind the technology."

Not only do we have a former high-ranking member of United States government, Tommy Thompson, about to take an implantable microchip, an extremely rare Cambodian "royal" turtle has been rescued from a Chinese soup pot by a microchip implanted in its leg, according to a Reuters report. "Without the microchip which we implanted in its right leg, the turtle would have ended up on a Chinese menu," the article quotes a member of the Cambodian fishery department's endangered species office as saying.

A Yahoo News story indicates children's sleepwear with radio-frequency identification tags sewn into the seams is expected to hit stores in early 2006. The PJs, according to the story, "are designed to keep kids safe from abductions" by triggering an alarm when established boundaries are breached by those wearing them. While a great concept, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to beat a system like that, particularly if chip-tagged clothing begins being used in a widespread manner. Clothing, even clothing with microchips sewn in, can be removed --- and left behind. What, then, is the next logical evolution of the concept of microchips protecting our children from evil people? We have to find a way to make sure the chip stays with the child, of course, assuring an alarm will be triggered should anyone seek to bring them harm by way of abduction. Ever so subtly, you see, mankind is being manipulated to do precisely what Bible prophecy seems to indicate it ultimately will under the leadership of the Antichrist - be receptive to the notion of accepting a mark in their right hand or forehead which will have, on its face at least, certain beneficial properties, among which will be buying and selling.

As the ZDNet article states, civil libertarians theorize RFID chip technologies like those mentioned in this commentary will allow governments or corporations to track people's movement. They're absolutely correct, although they have no idea to what extent! Under the leadership of the Antichrist and his False Prophet mankind will be tagged like cattle, made totally dependent on the Beast government of Antichrist to provide a means for them to survive. Sadly, as seen in Revelation 14, those who willingly take the mark of the beast in allegiance to the Antichrist will damn themselves to spend an eternity in hell.

Revelation 14:9-11:

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
While I certainly believe the technology behind the VeriChip, which is the implantable chip technology Tommy Thompson is going to be implanted with, is leading us closer to the prophesied mark of the beast, the VeriChip isn't the mark of the beast, at least not in its present form. Neither is any other similar technology presently in use, from chip implants in pajamas to those being used to track endangered wildlife. The mark of the beast won't exist as prophesied until the Rapture of the Church has taken place, the Antichrist has confirmed a seven-year peace covenant in the Middle East, and a religious leader of significant influence begins requiring everyone, as seen in Revelation 13:16-17, to take the mark as a symbol of their allegiance to the Antichrist and his global empire. Until then, what we're seeing in the form of news stories hailing the benefits of implantable RFID technologies being used to enhance our lifestyles and make our world a safer place is nothing other than the marketing of the future mark of the beast - propaganda that is subliminally preparing unbelieving mankind to take the mark of the beast in the future when it becomes a required element of everyday life in the Tribulation Period.

Although Satan doesn't known any more concerning the timing of the Tribulation Period's onset than you or I do, he knows, by watching all the blasphemous and sinful things going on in the world around us, all of which he and his minions are ultimately the culprits behind, that time is running out for him! Realizing his 1,000-year freefall in the bottomless pit is soon going to begin, Satan is beginning to work on the minds of those he hopes to deceive inside the Tribulation Period to come by hailing the benefits of the technology he obviously suspects may ultimately become the mark of the beast.

The marketing of the mark of the beast has begun.

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer both questions that the two of you have posed. You should not and you must not ever take the Mark Of The Beast for any reason whatsoever because if you would do so, even if you repented it would do no good because there is no forgiveness for taking the Mark and you will be spending eternity in hell.

You must be strong enough in your faith to know that God will provide for all of your needs - whatever they may be.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shadowaker,

I've had that question too.

But, not just with food, but also things like medicine.

If you have asthma and need an inhaler or have something like multiple sclurosis and can't get your medicaiont that owuld be horrible.

I also wonder if people won't be able to see a doctor or get hospital help too. Or, if you go to a hostpial, they will give you the mark first. Or put it in you while you're under the sleepy stuff.

But, the end will tear a lot of people apart, especially within themselves.

i asked a friend a few months ago if we would go to Hell if we got the mark then realized it was the beast and repented The mark is confuing. But, even if it wasn't Satan, the stuff I"mve read about mind control is possible. Plus, nothing electronic works great, espeically ovr itme to me

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One must never choose to take the Mark Of The Beast whatsoever and every one must put on the full armor of God and totally refuse to ever take this mark! Everyone needs to be totally confident that God will provide the ways and means of providing food and not to worry about it.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This concerned me a while back and I ask someone how could or would God allow this to happen to his children? I mean I have 2 kids, would God put me in the position that I couldnt feed them. ?? If this chip is the mark and I cant make money or buy food without it, what would I do? God knows the flesh and I simply dont think I or most people could resist it if it come down to feeding kids. How many people could watch their 5 yr old starve to death? I know I couldnt. I know God will provide for us.

I dont think Gods children will be here when this comes into play. I think we will all be raptured home by the time this is a major concern.

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I read a book, back in the late 70's that was called 'When our Money system Fails" it spoke of the moving toward a cashless society and the UPC coding system that was only beginning to be used back then, as I recall. Much of what they spoke of smart cards etc were still futuristic, but yet they must have been here as this person knew of their coming.

My husband and I were talking about this the other night and we are opposed to all forms of this scanning for identification; a few years ago, we changed banks because the bank we were with began using fingerprint scanning. We were not afraid that it was a mark or something but we just did not want our fingerprints or our retina patterns in someone's database somewhere.

The other day, I learned that my middle daughter has to have her fingerprint scanned to sign her timecard at work! I was so furious about this! I know that some places are doing this if you want to write a check, but this is her work! If she wants to get paid, she has her finger scanned.

Some of the companies that my husband represents have gone to direct deposit only. We have used DD for a long time by choice because we travel a lot and do not always have time to get the mail and get to the bank, but with these companies it is no longer a choice. If you want to be paid, you will use DD.

Anyway, as I was saying he and I were talking about this the other night and we have both always felt that the mark would be something that was knowingly and willfully accepted as an act of allegiance to the AntiChrist, it has not been something that we have feared taking by accident, and it is something that we have talked with our kids about that no one but no one puts anything on your hand or forehead. We have also always believed that it would be visible to the human eye.

I am not saying now that it wont be, but what my husband said this day in this conversation troubled me... He said "Linda.....what if the allegiance is already there and we just do not realize it?"

Why does the scripture say this?

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

We have heard that so much that it does not sound very profound to us; but think about that! The root of ALL evil? Is it the root of the evil in the Father of Evil.... the Evil One? We often think of pride.... but was there at the root of the pride the love of money... the desire to control the wealth of the world-earth?

In the Last days people will serve the antichrist...but ironically, Jesus did not say ye cannot serve God and serve the antichrist. Jesus said:

Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Now I know that money is not evil! But the love of it is. So I have to ask myself some questions...

If they stopped paying me today, would I go to work 40-60 hours a week because I love God and serve him through my work?

But wait... God knows that I have to feed my family and cloth them and keep a roof over their heads!

Matthew 6:24-25...........Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Do I do this? Do I even know what the Kingdom of God looks like, much less seek it first?

I tell you something, this is one of those questions that I can answer quickly..."Oh, yes, I seek the Kingdom first." But will it be what God thinks? What God sees? It doesn't really matter so much I fear if I think I seek the Kingdom first...as it will matter if HE thinks I seek the kingdom first.

Have I already displayed my allegiance? I don't know about the rest of you, but this question, if I really think on it seriously and hard and earnestly....... not from my opinion or point of view, but from the best that I can in my human ability muster of HIS view and HIS opinion.... this becomes a fearful question to answer.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Do I have a circumcised heart? Do I serve with singleness of heart?

Is he the treasure that I seek or the one in my heart when I go to work? When I am standing in line at Wal-Mart, is he the treasure that I seek or the one that is in my heart? Is he the treasure in my heart when I gaze wantonly at the new car or the bigger big screen TV?

Is that where HIS heart is? Maybe that is the question I should be asking, for surely the same WORD is true for HIM.... Where God's treasure is... so is HIS heart also.

Somehow, I cant for the life of me, imagine that HIS heart is there or that his eyes are there gazing at that big screen TV.

Have I already displayed my allegiance?

Is the mark already there spiritually on my forehead or on the hand of my authority as I swipe my card across the card reader?

I am not denying the very real possibility of the coming of a physical mark; but if there will be a physical mark.... will the spiritual mark be there long before along with the allegiance that will lead one to accept the physical mark?

Singleness of heart - I think perhaps it is not an option - Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

God Help us all.

JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 8 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright whats going on in here? C'mon everybody... Our Lord taught us better did he not? [Confused]
I do agree that the date does'nt matter, techologies that are very advanced don't become known for long periods of time, if ever. It would not be the first time that ol' Uncle Sam held back on us so it might even be happening somewhere. [Frown]

[dance]

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see my post as being 'flamed'. I simply made a comment. Sorry if you took it the wrong way shadowmaker.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kskibble
Advanced Member
Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kskibble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it is my understanding that they are working on this at present. And I didn't know about this myself until last year. I just thought perhaps others might be interested. It's a pretty scarey thought. If you accept it, you're doomed. If you don't, you won't be able to do anything & will likely die anyway. Like I said, I just posted it because I found it thought provoking. Didn't mean to irritate anyone. And I wasn't upset. Just making a statement was all.
Posts: 30 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez calm down, I simply ask a question. I ve never flamed anyone on this site and I wont start now. Sorry, you took it that way.

I was being sincere when I ask was I missing something bc everything that I read was early 90s. That technology must not have worked or it would ve already been in place already.

By this being in the end of time section, I was just expecting something more up to date.

Again I apologize if you took my post the wrong the way, please forgive me.

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure the anti-Christ will be able to use technology that will already be in place.

However,I believe it will be impossible to accept the mark of the beast until the prophetic perfect timing is in place, as set out in the scriptures.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary,
I think there is no restrictions on posting from the past. Don' let it bother you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kskibble
Advanced Member
Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kskibble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shadowmaker,
does the date make a difference? if so, i wasn't aware of that. i didn't know we couldn't post info on here that was from years past. my apologies.

Posts: 30 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My understanding of the bible is that we will have to choose the mark or Christianity. Although I wouldn't accept any implants of any sort on me, I wonder if it's the mark when there wasn't a choice involved.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Did I miss something? Everything on that page is from like the early 90s.

If this is something just starting at Paris Island I can understand but what I saw was 1992.

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend I'm trying to get in contact with, long story. But, he was training in Paris Island and has already been to Iraq I know. I pray he doesn't get a mark first if they start it in their systems first.

That H and I thing was sary. I pray for non beliveiers like my parents, and I feel we all should too they need it. There are many great people who do not belive I odn't want to have go to Hell.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kskibble
Advanced Member
Member # 4858

found this link in my travels online today. found it very interesting.
http://www.fishthe.net/666tracka.htm

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement