Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The Rapture Time???

Author Topic: The Rapture Time???
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 10 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx whitesands777 [dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really?!??! I don't know man!!

Maybe we're not supposed to know Until We Here the HORN or the Spirit Says LOUDLY to Try and Hide and Survive.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus....Hey that is VERY interesting! I've never noticed that. Read it many times but never put it together like that.

I believe the Spirit has revealed something to you.

Thanks for the post!

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a problem with that verse and the pre-trib rapture. At the point of the rapture, the Church age will be over. The last day for the Church age will be at the point of the rapture. Soon after will began the tribulation and the begining of God's dealing with the Jews. This will be their new begining to accept Jesus as Savior as a Nation.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

man. Check this out....

Aight this is John 6:40 of the King James Bible

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the LAST DAY.

Not to argue. But that right there says that THE Christian who is Asleep(Dead) will COME UP on the LAST DAY.

And the LAST DAY is AFTER all the Bad stuff has happened and it might be BEFORE the 1000 Year Reign.

so that Tells me that a Rapture happens on the LAST DAY.

The LAST DAY makes more SINCE because it TRULY Brings Out "THE WAIT IS OVER" and The Elect Finally Meet Christ as He Really Is.

But Then The Bible also says that Jesus Returns WITH A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE BEHIND HIM!!!

I don't Know what to believe.

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks like alot of work you put in there Java...It is nice to see all the passages side by side concerning that time period. No fluff just straight Bible...I like it.
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the elect will not be the Church but tribulation saints. They will be those who accept Jesus after the triublation. They will most likely die for refusing the mark of the beast. That is why it is better to accept Jesus as Lord and Savor before the rapture.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reign of the Antichrist will last for 7 years, as described in Daniel 8:14 and Revelation 13:5: The "Abomination" will last for 3½ years, and the "Great Tribulation" for another 3½ years, or 42 months, or 1,260 days (Rev.13:5, 11:2-3, 12:5, Dan.12:11-12).
The "Great Tribulation" (Matt.24:21-28):

"Then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matt.24:21).

So, it shall be a greater tribulation than the Flood at the times of Noah, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, the 10 plagues of Egypt...

The "elect", the Church, will be in the Great Tribulation repeats twice: "for the elect's shake those days shall be shortened... false Christs shall deceive the very elect, if it were possible" (Matt.24:22,24).
The total time of the reign of the Antichrist will be 2,300 evenings and mornings (Dan.8:14). The Great Tribulation will last 1,290 days, and blessed the one who waits and reaches 1,335 days, adds in the next verse (Dan.12:12-13). The Abomination of Desolation consequently will last 1,010 days according to Daniel. In the Book of Revelation the Antichrist will do his work of the Great Tribulation for 42 months, or 1,260 days, counting 30 days per month (Rev.13:5, 11:2, 12:6)... there is a slight difference in Daniel, 1,290 days, because he considers the months of having either 30 or 31 days, in a similar way as we haThe 1260 days of the reign of the Antichrist:

The Woman (the Church) was in the wilderness 1260 days, and the Two Witnesses prophesied 1260 days (Rev.12:6, 11:3).
The Beast reign for 42 months, and the Holy City was trodden down 42 months (Rev.13:5, 11:2).Rev.11 makes the translation of the 42 months into 1260 days in two consecutive verses: 2 and 3.The expression of "a time, two times, and a half a time" is used both in Daniel and Revelation (Dan.7:25, 12:7, Rev.12:14). In Rev.12:14 is used as identical of the 1260 days of Rev.12:6, which are the same 42 months of Rev. 11:2 and 13:5... There are 3½ years, or 1260 days, or exactly 42 months of 30 days per month.These 3½ years are exactly the duration of the ministry of Jesus Christ on earth, another good counter-fit of Satan! There is no way to translate this 1260 days into 1260 years, as some scholars do invoking Ezekiel 4:6. [type]

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I do believe the Bible does say the 7 year tribulation starts the moment the peace agreement with Israel and the anti-Christ is signed. I will look for that today. After the rapture, it could be weeks or even a year before the peace agreement is signed. I believe it won't be longer than that, because it will be this peace agreement the ant-Christ will put in place that will make the world admire him. Just look at the Middle East today. Can you imagine the joy in the world today if someone could bring peace and end all terrorism? Many will believe this is the true Messiah?

betty

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want it to be known that while I did delete my posts in this thread, the statement saying I was not happy on this board is not at all true whatsoever! No one else can claim to know what I think or anyone else thinks for they cannot - they do not know another person's thoughts or feelings.

The entire truth is I have enjoyed this board for a long time and I have appreciated being a member of this board. I just prefer not posting in some of the same type threads that have become so prevalent here. That is also the reason why others have left this board and they still continue to leave. I would love to see a bible study for you all started on one book of the bible - a study whereby one can learn more about it.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

quote:
Originally posted by Watcher:

This 7-year period of tribulation will not start while God is still working in the Church to bring forth a Bride for Christ. Once the Church is complete, God will take it up to heaven. Then He'll turn to Israel and make the Jews His special people once again.

Danial 9:26
After three and one-half years the Antichrist will put a stop to the daily sacrifices and prayers in the rebuilt temple.

1,290 days from this day Jesus will come to earth with His Church to establish His Kingdom and to fulfill the other prophecies concerning the Messiah that haven't yet been fulfilled (Matthew 24:15-22, II Thessalonians 2:4, Revelation 12:14, Isaiah 16:1-4). So people will be able to know the day... [Bible]

Watcher [type]

The Bible doesn't say how many days after the tribulation...How many days is immediately after ? You have 1,260, 1,290, and 1,335 prophetic timeclock days...What scripture tells us that Jesus comes on such and such day ? There is none that I know of. And 2nd Thess. says the day of Christ happens after the abomination of desolation...How many days after it doesn't say. And you still have 1,335 days to contend with as written in the book of Daniel. That's a 45 days between 1,290 and 1,335 days.

Daniel 12

12" Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 13But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days."

This leaves a big question mark on what day the second coming is...You can't pinpoint the day as far as I know...So, by such I don't see how anyone can claim to know the day and hour of the second coming...BUT....It's nearness can be known.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

gramajo deleted her own post. She has beeen unhappy here for awhile and decided to remove her post before she left. Her son did the same thing when he left. The best thing you can do for gramajo is pray for her just as we should pray for one another.
betty

--------------------

chris777
Community Member
Member # 4638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chris777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did someone Get deleted?

I don't see any "gramajo"

Did I miss something?

Or was someone not playing nice?

Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
all joking aside I would hate to see you leave this site. It would be nice to have you open your eyes and see the what is going on in the world and actually listen when people try to help you. But, I don't see the need for you to get mad and leave.
betty

I think this was a Very Loving and Caring thought you've given to GranmaJo. I pray she'll understand that you meant it that way.

I have come to TRULY Respect and Love you in the time we've been on this board. I've seen the Lord do some AWSOME Work in you Sis! PRAISE GOD!!!! (Although you've always been one of the most caring and loving folks I've known on here to begin with [hug] )

God Bless You Betty!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord rebuke you GrandmaJo!

Texas Grandma Betty is a saint of the most high God and last time I checked you were not sitting on his throne to say otherwise.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to include a song, that I believe puts a final edge on this!

WORK, FOR THE NIGHT IS COMING by Lowel Mason
Anna Coghill

1) WORK, FOR THE NIGHT IS COMING, WORK THRU THE MORNING HOURS;
WORK WHILE THE DEW IS SPARKLING, WORK'MID SPRINGING FLOWERS.
WORK WILE THE DAY GROWS BRIGHTER, UNDER THE GLOWING SUN;
WORK FOR THE NIGHT IS COMING, WHEN MAN'S WORK IS DONE.

2) WORK, FOR THE NIGHT IS COMING, WORK TRU THE SUNNY NOON;
FILL BRIGHTEST HOURS WITH LABOR, REST COMES SURE AND SOON:
GIVE EV'RY FLYING MINUTE SOMETHING TO KEEP IN STORE;
WORK, FOR THE NIGHT IS COMING, WHEN MAN WORKS NO MORE.

3) WORK, FOR THE NIGHT IS COMING, UNDER THE SUNSET SKIES;
WHILE THEIR BRIGHT TINTS ARE GLOWING, WORK, FOR DAYLIGHT FLIES;
WORK, TILL THE LAST BEAM FADETH FADETH TO SHINE NO MORE;
WORK, WHILE NIGHT IS DARK-'NING, WHEN MAN'S WORK IS O'ER.

We as christians who believe in Christ must be the bibles of the world. Most would never read a bible. Jesus wants us to BE fervent ambassodor for Him. Remember that if we truly believe Jesus to be true, honest and the person He is, then we should be that much bolder in the proclamation of the gospel! We should work for the night is truly coming when all labor will cease in this manner.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Eduardo
Psalms 118:17 [hyper] [clap2] [Kiss] [wiggle7]

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord Rebuke you, Grandma Jo!

Betty does not have a mean bone in her body and there is nothing mean spirited about her. She is a Saint of the Most High God, and an asset to this board and a fine friend and a faithful prayer warrior and a darn good preacher.

I love her very much, and many many on this board love her. And most of all God loves her and HIS fruit is in her and is seen by her brethren.

Betty loves the Brethren and not with the world's kind of love, but with agape love.

God has a way of revealing the fullness of mans heart out of his mouth even when man does not want it revealed.

Isn't it funny that those that scream the loudest and rail accusations to accuse others of tearing people down in the end reveal that they are the ones tearing people down.

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

gramajo,
going someplace? oh,well bye bye

---------
all joking aside I would hate to see you leave this site. It would be nice to have you open your eyes and see the what is going on in the world and actually listen when people try to help you. But, I don't see the need for you to get mad and leave.
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

gramajo,

so obviously, you know that your son and I both agree about a pre-trib rapture and yet, you did not see it necessary to say here that you and I both agree about it unless of course you disagree with your son?
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

gramajo,
Did you know your son believes in a pre-trib rapture? We have discussed it many times.
betty
http://www.favorminded.com/pray/rapture.html

--------------------

chris777
Community Member
Member # 4638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chris777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
rancan6776
I see where you are coming from, but no where in the Bible are Christians instructed on how to survive the tribulation. We are only taught to look forward with hope for the rapture. I believe if Christians were suppose to be here for the tribulation, we would have been given instructions for how to survive.

I dont Recall God giving the hebrews instructions on how to survive during the Exodus either.

But He provided Manna every day, and he even told them not to hoard it up, so that they would come to rely, on him, and him alone.
(Now we all know they didn't quite follow his instructions, but nevertheless he provided )

As He always does

Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother!! [Frown]

Hope for a hopeless world. (Rom. 5:1-5) We can rejoice to having obtained peace with God by accepting His Son as our personal Savior.

We now have a real hope of eternal life and know with certainty that Jesus will bring us to Heaven. That is also our Blessed Hope, that we make it an event we look forward to and to obey His command to WATCH for Him and be ready. (Mark 13:33; Matt. 25:13; Matt. 26:41; Matt. 24:43).

Watching for me is an encouragement as I see current events unfold and know how they are lining up with references about the end times. (2 Tim. 3:1; 1Thess. 5; Luke 21:28-32; Matt. 24; Dan. 12; 2 Pet. 3:3).

Resting in the Promises given to us in Scripture. (2Pet. 1:4; Jer. 29:11) These are referred to in Peter as “great and precious promises”, and they certainly are!

In my mind, there can’t be anything better than to “share in the devine nature” which we will be given. I’m looking forward to it as I get older!

That is real encouragement to me, to be finally free of limitation and sin when I’m transformed into a glorious being.

Encouragement is a buffer against Satan. He would like nothing better than to tear us down, make us feel impotent, like we don’t belong, that we’re not really saved, motivate us to make wrong choices or take our eyes off Jesus.

Let’s be wary of him! He goes about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1Pet. 5:8) Although he is an accuser of the brethren, (Rev. 12:10), his days are numbered and he has already been defeated on the Cross (1Cor. 15:51-57).

God has therefore equipped us in every way to live victorious in Him when we wholly depend upon the Holy Spirit which resides within us. Let’s keep that in mind as we go about our job of being spiritual soldiers.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Tts 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because [they sought it] not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
---------
Amen! ByGrace.
May His return be today! is my heart's cry

--------------------

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Betty.... [Wink] you hit it.

bygrace

I still would like to know about the statement that we must do more than be saved to get to heaven though, if this belief of works-is included in your salvation plan, then I can see why you would not want to rush things...however- since I do not hold the position of works based salvation, I am looking forward to His return.
bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Look at like this, mother of 3.
We are the Bride of Christ. Every bride looks forward to her wedding day. The closer it gets to the actual date, the more her heart beats with anticipation of the day that is going to be one of the most important days of her life. As a Christian we are looking forward to the rapture, because when this takes place, then we will be joined with Jesus forever as His Bride. This will be the most important day for a Christian, a day we will look back on with great joy through out eternity. This is why I can say with no apology "Come, quickly, Lord Jesus!"
God bless you,
betty

"Being saved is not all you have to do in order to get your place in Heaven."

by grace is right, salvation is not about works. We can never earn salvation it is a gift from God.
betty

--------------------

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mother of 3 writes:
quote:
Being saved is not all you have to do in order to get your place in Heaven.
Then what then is being saved to you? The very word-*saved*(past tense), implies that you are *saved* does it not?
Are you including works for salvation? or do you believe in grace and the works- make the cross of none effect?
Just trying to clarify what you believe...
bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mother of 3
Community Member
Member # 4560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mother of 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not saying that I want to be perfect or think that I have to be, but I know that I do not always do the right thing in GODs eyes, and I for one am not going to rush the end because I know I have a lot more work to do before I go. I do not want to spend forever in Hell because I'm a sinner. Being saved is not all you have to do in order to get your place in Heaven. I just wanted to say how I felt about because you all seemed to be rushing the end of days.
Posts: 8 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

rancan6776

I see where you are coming from, but no where in the Bible are Christians instructed on how to survive the tribulation. We are only taught to look forward with hope for the rapture. I believe if Christians were suppose to be here for the tribulation, we would have been given instructions for how to survive. I have done 3 and am now doing a 4th study on Bible prophecy. I believe that the pre-trib rapture is proclaimed by the Bible. I have the peace in my heart that this is true. I have sought in prayer many times on this and God has always filled my heart with joy, peace, and anticipation of His soon return.

betty

just heard a preacher quote this about the rapture:
Rev 3: 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 *Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.

--------------------

rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texasgrandma wrote: Watcher,
You are talking about the second coming. The rapture is different. No one knows when that will take place but right after the rapture the triublation will begin.
betty

Hello Tg...I just wanted to share with you a thought that I had when I read your post. First let me say that I am rapture nuetral. I use to believe pre-trib because that is what I was taught. But I now know that there are holes in every theory involving the timeing of the rapture. I just want you to know that out of love I hope and pray that all pretribbers prepare for it all....There is nothing wrong for hoping for the best as long as we also prepare for the worst.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Mother of 3 writes:
quote:
I think that it is nutz to wish for the end of days. ARE ALL OF YOU THAT ARE WISHING FOR THIS SURE THAT YOU ARE READY? I for one hope it takes until I'm perfect in the Lords eyes befor the end times!!
You believe you can be perfect in God's eyes?
that would be never.
[Roll Eyes]
bygrace

Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother said:
quote:
think that it is nutz to wish for the end of days. ARE ALL OF YOU THAT ARE WISHING FOR THIS SURE THAT YOU ARE READY? I for one hope it takes until I'm perfect in the Lords eyes befor the end times!!
Mother the Bible also says:
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thes., 4:16-18).

So the Bible tell us in many places to Watch, for Jesus is coming soon,and that gives me comfort in this dark sin filled world. We are only perfect because of the shed blood of Jesus. I don't care what you do, you can never make yourself perfect. When God sees me, He sees me rightous because Jesus saved me. Covered me with His blood. He made us perfect on the cross. I do rejoice in knowing the rapture is still a hedge of protection for people who are ready to meet their Lord in the air.

Watcher [type]

PS.
Ms. Betty yes my name means I am watching for Jesus to come and rapture us out of here.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Tts 2:13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Tts 2:14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

We are told to look forward to the blessed hope, the glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior. Mother of 3, if you are waiting for Jesus to come when Christians are perfect, to come, He will never come. Even Paul felt that he was not perfect, that he did what he should not do and did not do what he should do. You bet I am praying for Jesus' soon return. If that makes me nut, call me a peanut. [Big Grin]
betty

--------------------

mother of 3
Community Member
Member # 4560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mother of 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that it is nutz to wish for the end of days. ARE ALL OF YOU THAT ARE WISHING FOR THIS SURE THAT YOU ARE READY? I for one hope it takes until I'm perfect in the Lords eyes befor the end times!!
Posts: 8 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I bet your name stands for Rapture-Watcher, hon????
Every day there is something new that happens that makes me long more and more for the return of our Lord Jesus. Today I read of a well known Christian singer, who bragged about using profanity and was offened that no one asked her when whe went to parties, if she wanted a joint.
I pray God comes soon before we are all led astray.
betty

--------------------

Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Ms Betty.

This 7-year period of tribulation will not start while God is still working in the Church to bring forth a Bride for Christ. Once the Church is complete, God will take it up to heaven. Then He'll turn to Israel and make the Jews His special people once again.

Danial 9:26
After three and one-half years the Antichrist will put a stop to the daily sacrifices and prayers in the rebuilt temple.

1,290 days from this day Jesus will come to earth with His Church to establish His Kingdom and to fulfill the other prophecies concerning the Messiah that haven't yet been fulfilled (Matthew 24:15-22, II Thessalonians 2:4, Revelation 12:14, Isaiah 16:1-4). So people will be able to know the day... [Bible]

Watcher [type]

--------------------
Watcher

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

7 years after the tribulation begans the Second Coming will take place. Of course we do not know the date because the start of the tribulation has not occured. [Smile]
I pray with all my heart that the rapture is soon.
betty

--------------------

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

quote:
Originally posted by Watcher:
Now as far as the second coming goes, the Bible couldn't be plainer. It clearly states that Jesus will return 1260 days from the moment the Antichrist sits in the Temple of God and declares himself to be God. Because there exists both a known and an unknown date, many scholars have logically concluded that there must be two different events occurring--the rapture and the second coming.

Although Jesus said, "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come" (Mat 24:42), advocates for knowing the "day" will claim this only applies to the unsaved. I hear arguments like, "Surely a loving father would tell his own children when he's coming for them."

To try to get around "no man know the hour," a popular scripture often cited is: "But yea brethren, are not in darkness that that day should overtake you as a thief" (1 Thes 5:4).

Despite all their monkeying with scripture, pre-trib detractors just cannot escape Jesus' restriction against knowing the timing of the rapture.

In fact, our Lord was so restrictive about the rapture, He said its occurrence would come as a total surprise. "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:44).

Watcher [type]

O.k....If the exact time frame of the second coming is known then what's that date ? Day, month, year and hour please ?

I know there are alot of scriptures abut the 1260 days but where does it say that His coming is exactly 1260 from the abomination of desolation.

In Revelation it says that the beast will make war with the two witnesses overcome them after their 3 1/2 year testimony is finished...How many days after their testimony is finished does this occur ?

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Watcher,
You are talking about the second coming. The rapture is different. No one knows when that will take place but right after the rapture the triublation will begin.
betty

--------------------

Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now as far as the second coming goes, the Bible couldn't be plainer. It clearly states that Jesus will return 1260 days from the moment the Antichrist sits in the Temple of God and declares himself to be God. Because there exists both a known and an unknown date, many scholars have logically concluded that there must be two different events occurring--the rapture and the second coming.

Although Jesus said, "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come" (Mat 24:42), advocates for knowing the "day" will claim this only applies to the unsaved. I hear arguments like, "Surely a loving father would tell his own children when he's coming for them."

To try to get around "no man know the hour," a popular scripture often cited is: "But yea brethren, are not in darkness that that day should overtake you as a thief" (1 Thes 5:4).

Despite all their monkeying with scripture, pre-trib detractors just cannot escape Jesus' restriction against knowing the timing of the rapture.

In fact, our Lord was so restrictive about the rapture, He said its occurrence would come as a total surprise. "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:44).

Watcher [type]

--------------------
Watcher

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
Mark 13:32
[ The Day and Hour Unknown ] "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

Should we be speculating?

Should we be speculating on the exact day and hour ? I don't think so...But we should be aware of it's nearness by watching for the signs that Jesus gave us.

When using that verse it is important to not fail to mention the parable of the thief...Paul also expounds on this truth when he mentions Jesus return being as a thief in the night and being able to know that it is near.

But I am wondering if you are assuming that His coming as the lightening comes out of the east and shines to the west (Matthew 24:27) can be known if what the pre trib doctrine says about the rapture and the second coming being two seperate events is true...Because it appears that Jesus says His coming , that He says is after the tribulation of those days, is an unknown day and hour.

Alot of teachers of the pre trib doctrine say that the truth of the unknown day and hour is proof that it happens before all of the prophetic events occur thereby making an assumption that the second coming (which is claimed to be a seperate event) is able to be known.

I don't think there's a man that can look through scripture and tell us the day and hour of the second coming wether his view is pre or post trib.
So using that scripture in that manner as a pre trib proof is highly speculative as well.

Nevertheless, we do not know the day and hour so we should watch for the events that Jesus described wether we think it happens pre or post trib so we will know when His coming is very near.

HisGrace
unregistered

Mark 13:32
[ The Day and Hour Unknown ] "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

Should we be speculating?

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

How would an invasion of the U.S. begin the prophetic timeclock of the final 7 years ?

I would be looking for the confirmation of the covenant.

luvfreelife
Advanced Member
Member # 4642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvfreelife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE RAPTURE TIME????

I have just made an interesting discovery. It's amazing.

First I started from Oct 3rd in the year of 2005,in which in a previous posting,I indicated that I thought could be the invasion date of the US and Canada.

My first attempt was to try to determine the date for the beginning of the construction of the temple.

I then added 1260 days, the time period stated in the scriptures, to Oct.3rd, 2005 and came up with March 16, of 2009, which upon checking, is the same day and month that the order went out to rebuild the temple back in the year 445 BCE, March 16th.

And if that wasn't enough!!!!

Then, as verse 15 states below, I added 391 days to that and guess what?

Add 1day, 1 month , 1year...as indicated in the verse below... 391 days 445 298 JD then I found this...

April 11, 2010 -- Christ our Lord, was ressurected on April 12 and on top of that, April 11th is the Jewish (holocaust memorial day).

Note: taking into account that the Jewish day starts on the evening before and gregorian date starts at midnight and my program is running on current time, along with the fact that I didnt cipher in the hour that was in the scripture, as well as the half day that the witnesses were dead,the date of the rapture would probably be on the 12th, same day as Christ's ressurection.

Even more fantastic!!!!

But, possibly our gracious Heavenly Father wished it to fall on the 11th, to show our brothers who lost so many in the holocaust his sympathy for their pain.

14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

But wait, there's more!!!!

Then assuming the above date could possibly be the rapture time, and the two witnesses would rapture with everyone else, I subtracted the stated time they were to be here on earth and came up with the below figures.

Subtract 1260 days from april 11, 2010 and the witnesses should appear on nov.6 2005 less the days they were dead, a month after the take over of the US and Canada.

Sun nov 6, 2005 -less the 3 1/2 days they laid dead after satan kills them. So about Nov 3 which is exactly one month after the invasion of the US and Canada. Assuming Of course, the invasion day is exactly on the day of the eclipse. THe scriptures from amos state that day to be correct.

Another interesting point,they will be killed on a friday and rise up on a monday, just like Christ did.

In other words, they would arrive on Nov 3, 2005 and be killed on April 9th in 2010 which is on a Friday .
And arise on the 12th of April, on Monday,same days of the week as Christ died. Then we will all go up together.

Isn't that fantastic?

Anyone can tell that the Bible is divinely written.

CAUTION HERE: There are scriptures that incicate that this time period may have to be moved due to the zealousness of the muslims to please their god by chopping our heads off. Also, was the 3 1/2 days included in the 1260 days?

He said "Lest there be no elect left to take up."
He will know if you decide to be good only on this date, and you will surely miss it..you don't want to get stung with those creatures coming out of the earth do you???? (:>)

I showed you this so you can readily see that he is real and we will all soon be answering to him.

I hope this will help to convince you that the invasion is really coming.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Above Christ is warning us to be ready, and the next verse, Armageddon is about to proceed. So we know not to expect rapture in the beginning of the tribulation, but just before armaggedon.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 ¶ And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

But wait....wait, I just found out something else.

I just subtracted the dates from the rapture time to the dates of our invasion of Iraq and divided by 360 days in the year since they are using that format in the prophecies and guess what????

2549.8151950718685831622176591376 days/360
shows 7.0828199863107460643394934976044 years

Thats from april 12 of 2010 to 3/13/03(Satan's numbers) comes to 7 years, the length of the tribulation period.

WOW....
so.. beginning of trib invade iraq...3/13/03
US invaded by UN...............10/03/05
witness arrival................11/03/05
temple start....................3/16/09
rapture day.....................4/12/10

waaaaaaaiiitt!!!!!!!!!!!

..one more thing
...columns added ..................31/37/32
add those numbers................. 100 ommmmgggggggggg....cant believe it...lmao

MY LORD IS SSSSSSSSSSSS0OOOO KEWL.... JUST LOVE HIM....

HE'S GOT STUFF LIKE THIS ALL THRU THE BIBLE.... HE'S SSSSSSOOO KEWL....

NOTE:
The verses below are all the rapture time,so one can use them while studying thruout the book of revelations. They are very useful for understanding how the various events are entertwined.

Rev 8:5
Rev 11:13 These verses are one and the same.
Rev 11:19 voices,thunders etc.
Rev 16:18
Isa 29:6

Rev 11:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

One more point to ponder,in the verse below, it indicates that a third of mankind will die at the hands of the angels to the amount of 2 hundred million.

If 2 hundred million is one third, then that means only 4 hundred million men will be alive at the end of times. There are currently about 3 billion men,in the world today. Dividing 6 billion by two to get an approxiamate figure assuming half of the world's population are women.

And by subrtacting the 400 million from the 3 billion, we get 2,600,000,000 men that will be killed during the tribulation period.

However, if a third of mankind includes women as well, then 400 million will subtract from 6 billion, indicating 5,600,000,000 people will die in the tribulation period.

It's going to be something that none of us could ever imagine and hopefully, that none of us will ever see again.

5 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

God Bless you all,

luvfreelife

Posts: 28 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement