Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Question

Author Topic: Question
luvfreelife
Advanced Member
Member # 4642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvfreelife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie,
I was just reading my bible and suddenly I was startled by a loud thunder outside.

As soon as I went back to reading, my eyes fell on this scripture and my thoughts immediately went to you.

I feel like my Heavenly Father wanted you to have this.

Isa:49:15: Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa:49:16: Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Isa:49:17: Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
Isa:49:18: Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.
Isa:49:19: For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.
Isa:49:20: The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.
Isa:49:21: Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?
Isa:49:22: Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
Isa:49:23: And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
Isa:49:24: Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
Isa:49:25: But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
Isa:49:26: And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

God Bless,

luvfreelife

Posts: 28 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe there is a purpose for every person. At the moment of the rapture, most believe including me that every baby will be raptured out immeditatly to Heaven. You might say what was the point for a baby to be conceived and then raptured out before being born. I would answer just as God sometimes takes babies before they are born through miscarriages. Obviously, God has a plan for the babies in Heaven. I believe the Bible shows that during the mid-point of the tribulation when the Jews have to flee that there will be some Jewish women who are pregnant.
I would imagine right after the rapture that many women who have lost children to the rapture will be trying very hard to get pregant. Whether women can have babies the whole seven years of the tribulation, I don't know.
I think there will be a cry around the world at the lost of the babies both in the womb and outside the womb at the rapture. But, as sad as that will be, God knows the babies will be safer in Heaven. No body wants to be here during the tribulation. That is why it is important to pray for lost souls now, before it is too late.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Luke shows more clearly why there is woe and where the woe is:

Luke 21:211 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give **** , in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

When a people is under seige by an enemy nation, women, particularly women who are preganant, seem to be a target; you can see this throught the OT wars. The enemy often targets women with child because this illeminates the next generation, but if you read in Luke this passage you see that this is not the wrath of God, but the wrath of those who are against Israel. And this speaks to women who are in Israel - and if we then compare Matthew and Mark, we see that these are ones practicing the Law for the Sabbath days journey limitations for travel would impede their fleeing the city that is under seige.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2] Hi LaurieFl, Why would God allow women to be pregnant and have babies during the most travial time of human existence? BECAUSE God gave human beings the ability to decide for themselves! God doesn't force us to be saved, event Satan knows that. That is why the anti-christ will try to force his rule on us! But remember when you have children during periods of intense wars,pestilence etc.. It makes the small suffer- WOE UNTO THEM WHO ARE WITH CHILD in the last day! I trully believe alot of Jews will go back to old testament sacrifice and the law will strictly be observed. THERE IS FREEDOM in Jesus!
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's interesting Thunder7. I have always wondered why God would give "woe" to His own in that time. I think I assumed it would be those left behind after the rapture...even though I don't necessarily believe in a pre-Trib rapture.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't answer the "why", but it is written there will be woe for those who are with child---

Mt.24:-
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give **** in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvfreelife
Advanced Member
Member # 4642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvfreelife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi laurie,

In the book of revelations, there are mentioned 144,000 people that are said to be first fruits, that are without guile and are virgins. Since Christ our Lord has been the only person to live on earth and remain sinless, it stands to reason these children are coming from babies that are either killed or die naturally during the tribulation period.

These 144,000 are to walk with Christ always.

I don't have the specific scripture at hand right now, but God has said that later in the trib period we won't be able to have children.

Now specifically what he meant about that I'm not quite sure. Perhaps birth control is mandatory, or we are so underfed that we lack the nutrients to carry and have children.

Hope this helps you,

luvfreelife

Posts: 28 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If the return of Christ is imminent, why would new pregnancies be allowed to be conceived? It makes no sense to me. It would almost seem that new births, at least among Christians might come to a halt shortly prior to His return. Pregnancy to me implies a plan, a future for that new person.
Just because the plan does not look like we think that it would or should look does not mean that God does not have a plan. And just because this life is short does not mean that there is no future.

Psalms 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question Laurie.

The Bible says that "We know not the hour or the day." People have been looking for Jesus' return since the New Testament times.

I'm sure during the late 30's and early 40's many were sure that Hitler was anti-Christ, and it could be perceived that Jesus could return at any moment.

We have to be constantly looking up, but life has to go on because "We know not the hour or the day."

P.S. I found a scripture -

Matthew 24:36
[ The Day and Hour Unknown ] "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, only the Father.

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post is not meant to be contentious or to dispute the imminence of "end times" but rather to probe a legitimate question.

If the return of Christ is imminent, why would new pregnancies be allowed to be conceived? It makes no sense to me. It would almost seem that new births, at least among Christians might come to a halt shortly prior to His return. Pregnancy to me implies a plan, a future for that new person.

Any thoughts, scripture, or anything?

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement