Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Have some trumpets been sounded ?

Author Topic: Have some trumpets been sounded ?
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a video about this from a prophecy teacher and the info is absolutely stunning...

Matter of fact, I just recently (this year) saw a documentery on the history channel that covered the disaster...the part that was really interesting was that it emphasized that it was the waters that made it so deadly...

And now, just a couple of days ago I saw a news highlight (I think it was 20/20) that was talking about a big EU program that sends children that are very ill to cuba for a rehibilitation program..It stated that many of the children that attend the program are those that have been affected by the Chernobyl nuclear accident. Most of these children weren't even born when the disaster occurred.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great post! I had read of the Chernobyl/Wormwood connection but never knew most of this intense background story.

Yeah, I pressed "print" too!

I have also read that the "hurt not the oil and wine" revelation (Rev. 6: 3-8) was actually fulfilled almost word-for-word by George Bush Sr. during a speech to congress! Wish I could recall the full details there. Someone even called and said "Did you hear that? I think President Bush just signalled the breaking of the Third Seal!" Does anyone know more about this?

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow... that is very interesting. my friend who is a rabbi has told me that he believes we are at the 6th trumpet. He gave me different examples, though I can't say as I remember what they were now.

i will have to print this off as well and send it to him!

Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for this information! This is a great read...very interesting indeed.
**pushing the "print" key**

bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whitesands:

I'd heard about Chernobyl that the word translates to mean Wormwood. I had not ever heard that the name Saddam meant "destroyer".

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure how it all fits, but I do remember referring to Revelation 9:1-11 when Saddam burned the oil fields in Kuwait and heard about the smoke and heat and how the sand turned into glass from the heat, and how the sun was blotted out.

Saddam is now in prison, and the prophesy records that the "destroyer" has more to do. As in Revelation 11:7 About the 2 witnesses in Jerusalem. "And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendest out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them and kill them."

But the beast from the bottomless pit and the destroyer from the bottomless pit can be 2 different entities also.

Since the current terror attacks from Islamic extremists, it's apparent to me anyway that the "beast" from the bottomless pit that makes war with the 2 witnesses is most likely from Islam and Islam is the primary beast of Revelation.

It doesn't take too much imagination to see that any witness of the true Hebrew God/Jesus Christ in Jerusalem would be met with fierce opposition by Islamic extremists.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was taken from the fullfilled prophecy message boards...It's commonly taught that the entire book of revelation from 4:1 on is contained completely within the final 7 years, however, there is no scriptural proof of this. This view seems to suggest that John saw the future from his time till the coming kingdom of God...the entire thread is very interesting.

http://p203.ezboard.com/fherbsdiscussionboardfrm42.showMessage?topicID=566.topic

"I am definitely not a preterist but consider the following...

Revelation 8:10-11

"And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; and the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

What do these things symbolize?

First we read that the third angel sounded. Revelation 8 records the first of the Seven Trumpets of the endtime. This prophecy is given as the third in a sequence of seven events that would serve as signs of Jesus' coming drawing nearer and nearer.

The second thing we read is that a great star will fall from heaven. In Bible prophecy, when a single star is said to fall, it means that the event is going to be catastrophic. Many teach that this prophecy is of a meteor named Wormwood striking the earth and poisoning the water. To disprove this theory, we need only look one chapter ahead in Revelation 9:1. There, another star is said to fall to signal the arrival of a man called Abaddon in Hebrew and Apollyon in Greek. Both names mean "the Destroyer." In our passage above, the star simply signals the onset of a catastrophic event.

Thirdly, whatever this star represents will burn as a lamp and poison a third of the waters, killing many men. And, of course, it will be called "Wormwood."

What Is Wormwood?

According to Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary, wormwood is "a European plant (Artemisia Absinthium) yielding a bitter slightly aromatic dark green oil." Wormwood has been in use for thousands of years, including the region of the modern nation Ukraine. In Ukraine, the herb wormwood is called chernobyl. In days of old, the people of this region used the herb for medicinal purposes, and the dark green oil would turn their tongues black. The Ukrainian word for "black" is chernin, so they called the herb we call "wormwood," chernobyl.

The Chernobyl nuclear plant was named after the field of wormwood it was built upon.

For those of you who remember the news of 1986, you probably remember the Chernobyl nuclear accident. The accident occurred at one of the reactors at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine when one of the scientists there decided to disengage the safety devices on the number four nuclear reactor and conduct an experiment.

The experiment began by lowering the charged rods into the reactor which produces nuclear power. Soon after, things went horribly wrong. The scientist attempted to raise the rods back out of the reactor, but because the safeties were disengaged, the rods had warped from the heat and couldn't be raised. The Chernobyl nuclear power plant was experiencing a full-scale nuclear meltdown. The facility, the town, and the surrounding area, and even to the encompassing region had to be ordered evacuated.

Since the rods were by then fused in place, power began to build up within the reactor. Over time, the pressure because too great, and with a massive nuclear explosion, the plant erupted. The 1,000-ton concrete lid over the reactor was blasted miles into the air. Over ten times the radioactivity released at the bombing of Hiroshima in World War II was released at Chernobyl. Bulldozers had to be brought in bury the remains of the plant in an effort to reduce the radiation that would leak into the environment. Afterward, more bulldozers had to come bury the first ones because they had absorbed so much radiation. The effort may have helped a little, but not enough. That region of Ukraine is still a no-man's wasteland nearly 20 years later. The finest home in Pypriat will cost you absolutely nothing because it is absolutely unihabitable.

Burning As A Lamp

The lamps in the days that John wrote this prophecy in Revelation were oil lamps. Inside one of these lamps was a reservoir filled with lamp oil and a hole where the flame could feed slowly off the oil contained inside the lamp.

The nuclear fire at Chernobyl was not a mere gas or oil fire. It was a nuclear fire. The fuel the fire drew on was unmoderated from an entire nuclear facility. This fire was so intense that it burned for two weeks. The fire fighters did all they could imagine, but no measure they took made much of an effect. Fire fighters poured in from the surrounding areas from far and wide around the whole region of the Chernobyl power plant. Most of those fire fighters died very soon after. Those that weren't melted or who didn't escape as ribbons of flesh dangling from bone died from the after effects in hospitals, loaded with Chernobyl's nuclear radioactivity.

The Waters

Remember that the prophecy states that it is the waters that cause so much death.

The effects of Chernobyl continue to be incredibly severe and wide spread. The nuclear cloud burst about a mile in the air over Chernobyl, and the jet stream carried the fallout westward over nearly all of Europe. Some was carried the opposite direction over Asia. Some even made it all the way to North America. But, that was not the end of the event.

As the clouds drifted over Asia, Europe, the Mediterranean, the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and North America, rains fell incessantly for five days. Rain is composed of that which composes the clouds. In this case, the rain was composed of the fallout of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. Rains fell upon the rivers, upon the springs (fountains of the deep), and upon the lakes, seas, and oceans. It soaked through the soil into the ground water. The rain poisoned everything with the nuclides it carried. From the soil, to the animals, to the plants, to the people who drank the waters and ate the plants and animals-- all were infected. Entire herds and flocks all across Europe had to be slaughtered because of their level of contamination. All the while, the cloud continued to spread and expand farther and farther around the world. The diagram below illustrates the cloud's spread over only its first ten days.

Over 125,000 have died from the disaster at Chernobyl, and over 2,000,000 across Europe are infected as a result of the fallout. The rest of the numbers will be seen as the nuclides come out of dormancy. The nuclide released at Chernobyl lies dormant in the bone marrow and has a half life of 30 years. Thyroid cancer rates sky rocketed over 248 times. The experts say the worst is yet to come and will be made manifest during the coming generation.

The lingering and lasting effects of Chernobyl are immeasurable and unprojectable.

Conclusion

Here we have a prophecy that states a catastrophic event will unfold. The subject in question would be called "Wormwood." Wormwood will burn as a lamp, it will poison a third of the waters, and it will cause many to die.

The Ukrainian word for "Wormwood" is Chernobyl. You would read in a Ukrainian Bible that Chernobyl will cause these events. In 1986, at Chernobyl, a catastrophic event occurred. It melted down and burned for weeks on end, feeding from the nuclear fuel contained within the facility. As a result, the poisons were released into the air and water of Europe, the Mediterranean, Asia, and into North America over the Atlantic. Droves are dying still today because of this disaster.

And now for the fifth trumpet...

"When Saddam Hussein's mother encountered difficulties in her pregnancy and doctors recommended an abortion, she traveled to Baghdad for medical care and stayed with friends in the Jewish community. Eventually, a healthy boy was delivered, whom she named Saddam, or "destroyer"," for the pain the pregnancy had caused."
Jerusalem Post, December 13, 1997

The prophecy states that the leader over the army that would cause the sun and the air to be darkened by smoke would be called "the destroyer." During the Kuwait crisis, the sun was blotted out for three months, and the name Saddam literally means "the destroyer."

"The sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke"
Let's go back to the beginning. The prophecy of Revelation 9:1-2 says: "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit."

In 1991 when Saddam Hussein realized that he had no choice but to withdraw from Kuwait, he gave the devastating order to set the lucrative oil fields of Kuwait ablaze. The result was unprecedented in the history of the world. Over half of the oil wells of this oil-rich nation, almost 700 in all, were set afire. By the end of the war, 6 million barrels of oil were going up in smoke each day.

The skies of Kuwait were so blackened by the smoke that in some areas it was as dark as midnight at 12 noon. It was eight months before the last fire was finally extinguished. One American oil-field engineer, viewing the inferno, said, "You half expect to see little guys with pitchforks and tails coming out of the ground." (People Weekly, December 30, 1991)

To my knowledge, never before in the history of the world has smoke hidden the face of the sun for an extended period of time as the prophecy indicated would happen. For over three months, those fighting the fires of Kuwait never saw the sun.
There came out of the smoke locusts.

Imagine living 1900 years ago. You are given a vision of attack helicopters flying through the fires and smoke of Kuwait. How would you describe them?

This appears to be what John was seeing. Listen to his attempted description in Revelation 9:7--" the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months."

John saw these locusts that appeared to be made of iron. Yet in the cockpit, he saw the faces of men. Their wings made a sound like the sound of many horses running to battle. It is easy to see how a person that had never heard of or seen helicopters could describe them in this way. These same descriptions could also apply to tanks.

Notice that John said their stings were in their tails. He may have been witnessing the guns in the tails of the helicopters. He also could have seen the long barrels of the tanks" guns.
When the prophecy states that these locusts had power to hurt men for five months, it could possibly refer to the fact that Saddam's troops occupied Kuwait for five months from September of 1990 to February of 1991. Or, since the Iraq crisis is not yet over, this could refer to the effects of some future biological weapon that could be unleashed by Saddam Hussein.

A king over them whose name is the destroyer
Revelation 9:11 "And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon."

The word Abaddon is Hebrew for "the destroyer." The word Apollyon is Greek for "the destroyer." Two Bible translations actually translate this passage "the destroyer" (The Emphasized New Testament by Rotherham and The Twentieth Century New Testament).

When Hussein finally withdrew his troops from Kuwait in the spring of 1991, The German Tribune, (March 10, 1991), was reporting the horrible devastation wrought by Saddam"s armies. The Tribune at that time called Saddam "the destroyer." I was aware that the name of the king described in Revelation 9 meant "the destroyer." However, I thought this description by the Tribune was merely coincidence. I didn't yet realize that the name Saddam actually does mean "destroyer." When I read the Jerusalem Post article of December 13, 1997, (quoted above), the implications of Saddam"s name fully came home to me.
Could the fifth trumpet of Revelation really have sounded in 1991?

If the Gulf War of 1991 was the fifth trumpet, the next trumpet to sound will be the sixth. Under the sixth trumpet (Revelation 9:13-16), an army of 200 million will start a war that will kill "third part of men." The late leader of China, Mao TseTung boasted that he could field an army of 200 million soldiers--the exact number prophesied in the sixth trumpet prophecy. China intends to reunite Taiwan with the mainland in the near future by force, if necessary. The United States says she will go to war in order to protect Taiwan.
All of these factors demonstrate that it is quite probable the Gulf War of 1991 was the sounding of the fifth trumpet. "

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement