Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Sandra Day O' Connor Retires

Author Topic: Sandra Day O' Connor Retires
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andyman:
evening hardcore. [Smile]

Theres what- 180 million born again Christians in America, right? Out of under 300 million? And were one of the most wealthiest and affluent countries ever in recorded mankinds history. We shouldnt have all these problems if we could just all have our head together in the game with unity with other believers. True, everything is in Gods hands and America is going through a huge downfall spiritually. It happened to Italy, Germany, Russia, and others but i believe America will have a huge downfall sometime before I die. And when America on the west falls down and dies spiritually, it will have a trickle down, domino effect with other nations. Anyways, regardless, Laziness and comfort knowing everything is in Gods hands is no excuse for His bride to not take any action and sit idely by. I refuse to watch God's Church die without any sort of action. These problems could be reversed people, it is possible, but we all have to wake up to it.

"Stand up defend or lay down and die
Stand up defend or lay down and die"

~Sonny Sandoval, frontman of POD

Evening back at ya andyman.

Honestly, I struggled with this issue for quite some time. I was where you are now, not that long ago, and I applaud your enthusiasm. I completely understand where you're coming from. My husband still hates it if I watch the political talk shows, if that tells you anything. Believe me, "hardcore" comes out in full force then. I have a bad habit of "talking" to the tv. I'm one of those intolerant Christians, don't ya know. [Roll Eyes]

I probably have a slightly different take on politics than most. There are those who are like minded, they just don't talk about it too often. I am one of those who does not believe that our vote counts. I believe that our banking system is a complete fraud and that the United States is a corporation, not a country. Too much to get into now, but suffice it to say that I don't buy into our political system. I don't align myself with either party, nor buy into what they're selling. I think that our two-party system is nothing but a divide and conquer strategy, which by the way, is working beautifully.

As in the movie The Matrix, I've taken the red pill, so to speak. There's no going back to my Leave it to Beaver view of what America once was, or is now.

I don't abstain from participation because I'm lazy, or even because I know everything is in God's hands. I abstain because I don't believe in it anymore. Having said that, I should also tell you that I do listen to talk radio, both Christian and secular, quite a bit, so I'm still pretty up to speed on what's going on. I listen and watch, but with an ear and an eye for how the news fits into a biblical/prophetical world view.

Yes, I believe that America will fall. The "Christians" in this country are in for a rude awakening, especially if they don't get whisked away as soon as they think they will. The apostacy grows as our time runs out. God's judgement can't be far off, can it? Of course His timing is not ours, so who can really tell?

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
evening hardcore. [Smile]

Theres what- 180 million born again Christians in America, right? Out of under 300 million? And were one of the most wealthiest and affluent countries ever in recorded mankinds history. We shouldnt have all these problems if we could just all have our head together in the game with unity with other believers. True, everything is in Gods hands and America is going through a huge downfall spiritually. It happened to Italy, Germany, Russia, and others but i believe America will have a huge downfall sometime before I die. And when America on the west falls down and dies spiritually, it will have a trickle down, domino effect with other nations. Anyways, regardless, Laziness and comfort knowing everything is in Gods hands is no excuse for His bride to not take any action and sit idely by. I refuse to watch God's Church die without any sort of action. These problems could be reversed people, it is possible, but we all have to wake up to it.

"Stand up defend or lay down and die
Stand up defend or lay down and die"

~Sonny Sandoval, frontman of POD

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andyman:
teh storie!

Seriously, we must pray that Bush will elect a nominee who will honor our faith, our Constitution, our families, and the unborn! Let your voice be heard!

White House Switchboard: 202-456-1414
White House Comments: 202-456-1111

Her replacement will tip scales in the court. If a liberal is elected, well we can basically kiss our religious freedoms goodbye and be much more in a spiritual impairment from what we already are. Or if a conservative is elected, hopefully we can stop this nonsense of the atrocities our government is doing. Even if your not American, or perhaps dont like us- this desicion is giant! Please pray for us and help out if in any way possible.

I pray that God's will be done. I believe that the things you mentioned that could happen - kissing our religious freedom goodbye, etc. - are going to happen regardless. The Constitution as we know it has been on its way out for a long time. It's simply a matter of when. God's timing is perfect. He knows what He's doing, and I trust Him.

I don't get riled up about this stuff anymore. On one hand, it makes me sick to watch what's happening these days (because of the unsaved and deceived Christians), but on the other hand, I say bring it on. We have a front row seat to watch God's plan for the universe unfold before our very eyes.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually try to avoid the political discussions, but I heard something interesting on the radio today from a pretty reputable talk show. The host stated that Clinton's two supreme court nominees were approved by votes of 96-3 and 87-9 or something like that. And he said that many democrats are already speaking out saying Bush better not pick anyone conservative or they will filibuster. Hmm...

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
teh storie!

Seriously, we must pray that Bush will elect a nominee who will honor our faith, our Constitution, our families, and the unborn! Let your voice be heard!

White House Switchboard: 202-456-1414
White House Comments: 202-456-1111

Her replacement will tip scales in the court. If a liberal is elected, well we can basically kiss our religious freedoms goodbye and be much more in a spiritual impairment from what we already are. Or if a conservative is elected, hopefully we can stop this nonsense of the atrocities our government is doing. Even if your not American, or perhaps dont like us- this desicion is giant! Please pray for us and help out if in any way possible.

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement