Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » In What Ways Do You Show Love And Kindness To Others

Author Topic: In What Ways Do You Show Love And Kindness To Others
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mysavinggrace,

I want to thank you very much for sharing your experiences and your thoughts by your posting in this thread. It truly is appreciated.
God bless you lots.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was younger I helped at homeless shelters.

And, one thing I did (but sadly wasnt accepted) is I think its called purple heart Last summer, they called our house saying they wre having a drive and leave things on the porch. I put a few bags (and big bags) of old clohtes and things, and it never got picked up. We called saying we were dropping it off and they still didnt get it. It hurt that they called about it then didnt do so.

I remembre when I was young (I think before 10) and was at a carnival and saw a man who was probably homeless around the trash cans lookin for food and I had gotten two funnel cakes or elephant ears and I gave him my other one that I hadn't eaten cause I was gorna take it home anyways (if I saw him before the first one I would of given him that even if I didnt have another.)

I really wish I did more charitable things and i probably have no excuse for not doing so. but, I hold doors for people especially if they are older. and, if I see someone who is very old and ill or ill I often pray for their soul. I also try to pray for people I feel have done me wrong in life. With a past abusive relationship, to not hate that person anymore (I felt I hated them back before I believed in God) but to pray for them instead and not hate them is a big thing.

Prayer can do a lot and I try to do so.

My dad is a double amputee and I do lots of stuff basic things like getting him water or other things like the mail. Its basic normal stuff but I know he needs extra help cause its hard for him to get around.

I think just basically being a nice person is the best a person can do. To show Christ and God to people by example can do a lot.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dcmbrnite,

Thank you very much for your posting and your helping that girl in the way that you did was indeed a blessing to her. Also it's wonderful that you listen to people because so many times a lot of people just need someone to listen to them.
When someone takes the time to just listen it shows them to be a very caring person. God bless you.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many things I could say, but there were done for God. I did not do them to get attention. He knows the truth.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dcmbrnite
Advanced Member
Member # 4819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dcmbrnite         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A girl I worked with had no money to buy her new baby food do to a problem she was having at the time and so i had went out to the store and bought 3 bags of baby food and formula.

Anytime that I can give or do something within my power I do, in the best way I can. Often I am there to just listen.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Please name some ways in which you have shown love and kindness to others, not just to those you know, but to those you've never met or spoken to before. God is a very loving God and he desires that we have that kind of love.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement