Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Eye Opening Quotes - WHOA!

Author Topic: Eye Opening Quotes - WHOA!
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats good to hear from both of you. God bless both of you as you continue to give financially to the expansion of Gods Eternal Kingdom. I wanted to put it down because i wanted to raise awareness of it. To hopefully make believers cogniscent of the fact of how 'over blessed' and truely abundant we are, to see other people pray for the needy and not being greedy but actually giving to them that have nothing. They are the most neglected.... I know that people have stuggles finincially, we all do, and some people cant give because they are not mature enough as believers- but i just cannot take the excuse any longer of people of people not tithing because the satanic lie of 'they cant afford it.' Truth is - God created us to give and help others in desperate need regardless of how well off we are or not. Obviously, I do not endorse WOF but i believe God blesses us financially when we give money to others and not being greedy, which is sin.

Im sorry, but im just sick of seeing the neglection towards the poor and the oppressed. Its a sad commentary that - did you not know, how we can have the world completely evangelized and the only block really is resources? 8% of Asia is evangelized. 8%. We could turn that completely around if all of us could get rid of that 'stinken thinken' we could easily have evangelized the entire world by now by giving financailly towards the work of the Lord.

Alot of Pastors actually, feeding the flock of God in the most unreached places, do not have their own Bible. I mean not just the congregation, or deacons, or leaders, but the pastors do not own a Bible. And for a simple afterthought of a quarter, you can give a pastor his own New Testament Bible.

If you neglect that little chore of giving a quarter, go and sell your meaningless 50 cent & nelly cd and your terrible brainwashed hollywood dvds. Then give the money to over to the Lord. As Christ said, "Sell all you have and follow me."

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is another thing that I am REALLY Loving about this new Church were at! Every Sunday we take 15 minutes during Sunday School to have the Missions leader read give up updates on the various Missionaries they've sent out or are supporting. Then they have a special offering collected for them! They also have visiting Missionaries who sometimes give the sermon, or have a special evening service to hear a presentation by that Missionary (and of course they take an offering to support the Mission).

Last Wednesday Night we had a Pastor from the Phillipines (sp?) who gave a slide presentation and it was Awsome! In their School, they have mostly Catholic children. They teach these children the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and what it means to be saved by Grace Through Faith. Their prayer is that these children will bring these teachings home to their Catholic families! How Wonderful Is This!!!!!

He also told us of some of the Horrors that are happening to the Christians over there and showed a photo of one Faithful Brother who survived a massacre. After several months of healing, he's back in full time service to the Lord without even blinking! This poor brother was very severly injured, he almost didn't survive.

It's such a Blessing to be in a place where I know what is given goes directly to these persecuted Brethern! God Is Good!!!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey AndyMan, I just noticed your signature; I too and a supoorter of GFA, and I love Yohannan! His book Revolution in World Missions is a book every Christian should read!

He really brought home for me how much our church is not the church of the Apostles and how we do not understand nor live the Kingdom in this country.

Gospel for Asia and Voice of the Martyrs are my most favorite organizations. I see that they are God's servants.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats right chica.

Well, ive waited all day for any WOF defender to give me scripture to back up any point described by these WOF pastors... no one did. all i got was cricket noise, but still- if someone could give me a passage or verse or two that would be appreciated.

Its sad to be fighting against major evangelical leaders, I'll admit, but it must be done unfortunately.

"For ten years I have warned - and I'm on tape and in print on this - that we are heading into the kingdom of the cults with Faith teachers. You are no longer heading there, baby, you are there!"
-Dr. Walter Martin, "The Warnings of God (Kenneth Copeland's False Prophecy)" San Juan Capistrano, CA: CRI, 1987), audiotape #C-210, side 1.

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in full agreement Andyman. I often pray that our Father will Open the eyes of those who need to see this.

My Major concern with all this stuff is the New Believers. Those who haven't had a chance to read the entire Bible (much less study it). How are they to know What the Deceptions are and who the Teachers are who are spreading it if we don't Expose it (Eph. 5:11)? So, I'm also praying that our Father will use this effort (as well as the efforts of the Brethern who do the Real Research and report on it on their websites) to Warn these Young Brethern about this stuff. I know I still have a lot of Studying to do myself yet and I'm very greatful for these Brethern who heed the call to Expose the Error. May the Lord Bless them for their Faithfulness to His Word!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

wow soft touch! Sadly, some brethren online here defend WOF. I pray that God will open up their eyes to the true Gospel as well as these pastors as well...

Ive read my Bible cover to cover a while ago. But I do not recall the Bible ever speaking of how we are 'little gods.' Does any WOF defender here have any scripture to back up these pastors points?

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by whitesands777:
It appears as though some of the Christian teachers have included new age philosophies in their teachings...

That's definitely what it looked like to me. At least those teachers who teach the Word of Faith, Positive Thinking/Confession, Prosperity Gospels.

I had never seen the quotes put together like this until last night; it even shocked me (and I already knew some of the New Age Occultism of the Visualization/Confession part of it). I just pray that the Lord will use this to help whom He Wills to see it too. [Prayer]

--------------------

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appears as though some of the Christian teachers have included new age philosophies in their teachings...
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 2 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Comparison Of Teachings

Quotes on Godhood by various teachers:

“When you say,’ I am a Christian’, you are saying, ‘I am mashiach’ in the Hebrew. I am a little messiah walking on the earth, in other words. That is a shocking revelation……may I say it like this? You are a little god on earth running around.” Benny Hinn (from Praise-a-Thon program on TBN 11/6/90) – Word of Faith Teacher

“When you have called Jesus, really you have called me. When you call me really you have called Jesus.” Bhagwan Shree (“Sir God”) Rajneesh (quoted in Fear and the Master, 1987) – Hindu/New Age Teacher

“You are as much an incarnation of God as Jesus Christ was. Every man who has been born again is an incarnation and Christianity is a miracle. The believer is as much an incarnation as was Jesus of Nazareth.” Kenneth Hagin (Word of Faith, Dec. 1980, p.14) – Word of Faith Teacher

“The object of Magic, is the return of man to the Gods, the unity of the individual consciousness during life with the greater being of the universal Essences…” Israel Regardie (The Tree of Life, A Study in Magic p. 35) – I have no idea what teaching, but I’m guessing Kabbala – Jewish Mysticism

“You don’t have a god in you, you are one.” “God’s reason for creating Adam was His desire to reproduce Himself…He was not a little like God. He was not almost like God. He was not subordinate to God even.” “I say this with all respect so that I don’t upset you too bad, but I say it anyway. When I read in the Bible where he (Jesus) says, ‘I Am, ‘I just smile and say, ‘Yes, I Am, too’ “ Kenneth Copeland (Video, The Force of Love, 1987, audiotape#02-0028 side1- Following the Faith of Abraham 1, 1989, audiotape # 01-3001, side1 – Believers Voice of Victory, TBN broadcast, 7/9/97) – Word of Faith Teacher

“That exaltation which the saints of the ages have so devoutly sought is godhood itself.” Bruce McConkie Mormon Apostle (Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p.32) – Morman/Latter Day Saints (LDS) Teacher

“Adam and Eve were placed in the world as the seed and expression of God. Just as dogs have puppies and cats have kittens, so God has little gods; we have trouble comprehending this truth. Until we comprehend that we are little gods, we cannot manifest the kingdom of God.” Earl Paulk (Satan Unmasked, p. 97) – Word of Faith Teacher

“…each man is a shadow or a spark of divinity” “Ye are gods in your innermost parts” Madame Blavatsky ( Theosophy, Secret Doctrine) – New Age Illumanti/Magic, founder of the Theosophical Society – Occult High Preistest

“It is written that ye are gods. I’m a god you’re a god. And I’m a god, and I’m gonna stay a god until you recognize that you’re a god. But until I see you all knowing who you are, I’m going to be very much what I am—God, Almighty God.” Jim Jones (from Reston/Adams, Father Cares, The Last of Jonestown, National Public Radio, April 23, 1981) – Cult Leader who believed he was “The Christ,” who led hundreds to their deaths (by drinking poisioned Kool-Aide) in Africia

“We are gods and might as well get used to it.” Margot Adler (witchcraft, Drawing Down the Moon, 1986, p.25) – Obviously, a Witch

Quotes of various Teachers on God’s ‘gender’

"Then, he created Eve out of Adam. Now, actually God didn't name her Eve, Adam named her Eve later. That wasn't her name, her name was Adam . . . Adam. When God said Adam, they both came. Their authority was one and the same together. They did everything together. They had always been together. Even when she was still part of him, he was as much female as he was male, LIKE GOD IS. And God separated the female part of him and then put them back together. And she was Adam, they were Adam. He was the man, she was the woman. She was the man with the womb." Kenneth Copeland (transcribed TBN, Praise-a-Thon) – Word of Faith Teacher

"As we know, Adam was created to perfection. He was created in the perfect image of 'Elohim.' Of course, God is not seen as being either male or female, but as both at once. Even the name Elohim is a feminine word (Eloah—Goddess) with a masculine plural suffix. Thus, if God is male and female, the mother and the father, then Adam (which translates as 'Mankind') must also have originally been male and female in one. To be otherwise would have been to be unbalanced, and thus imperfect." Khephera (The Lilith Shrine, Male and Female He Created Them) (Lilith in Jewish paganism was first woman created by God. Much of demonic realm in Jewish folklore is attributed to Lilith)

“All that exists,, all that has been formed by the Ancient, whose name be sanctified! Can exist only in a male and female.” Adolphe Franck, (The Kabbalah, 1960, p. 96) – Kabbalistic Teacher – Jewish Mysticism

“The Hermaphroditic figure is the Symbol of the double nature anciently assigned to the Deity, as Generator and Producer, as Brahm and Maya among the Arians, Osiris and Isis among the Egyptians. As the Sun was male, so the Moon was female; and Isis was both the sister and the wife of Osiris.” Albert Pike, (Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, 1919, pp. 850-851) – Major Illumanist who wrote the ‘bible of Freemasonry’ “Morals and Dogma…

Does anyone see any differences in these teachings?

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement