Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Author Topic: now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO if we're watching for a world leader to get a deadly head wound and be brought back to life we will watch in vain because I do not believe this is what the prophecy teaches...

Before anyone flames me let me explain why...

First lets look at Daniel and the beasts he saw and pay close attention to bold as it will be easier to follow.

Daniel 7

3"And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. 4The first was like a lion , and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it. 5And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear , and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. 6After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard , which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads ; and dominion was given to it.7After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast , dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns . 8I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things."

We have the lion, bear, leopard, and a 4rth beast that has 10 horns but it's like a cover is placed over the 4rth as not to reveal it's identity like with the symbols given the other beasts. We have seven total heads with the 4 leopard heads, lion, bear, and the head of the fourth beast. Now lets go to Revelations, when the vail is lifted off of the 4rth beast written about in Daniel and we're given more detail.

Revelation 12 1"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns , and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard , and his feet were as the feet of a bear , and his mouth as the mouth of a lion : and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death ; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

Notice that the 4rth beast in Daniel is the merging of the lion, bear, and leopard to make the 4rth beast as shown in Revelation. 7 heads, 10 horns it all matches up.

Notice that it says that "I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death".

This is not the man the antichrist that is wounded and healed...Remember, it's one of the heads of the beast...It is part of one of the kingdoms that is wounded and then healed.

How can I possibly come to this conclusion ? We know that the beast is used to describe both the nations and the antichrist the actual man...But the prophecy says "one of the heads " so it must be referring to the same 7 headed 10 horned beast that we know is used to describe a kingdom as described in both Daniel and revelation.

How do we know it is a Kingdom ? In Daniel the angel gives him the interpretation of his vision of the beasts. Read next.

Daniel 7

23"Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth , which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth , and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings."

Remember that the 4rth beast (kingdom) has 7 heads and John saw one of the heads of the beast that was wounded ? The horns represent kings or leaders of some sort.

Thus, I believe that it is a kingdom that had a deadly wound and was healed and I believe that we have seen that happen in our lifetime.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stand corrected!

Revelation 13
1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure, I guess I'd have to look into that more closely. I guess I just always assumed since the world would marvel over it, and cause them to worship him, that it would have to be a miraculous event. Not something that could be explained away medically.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the bible say it will be a miracle? It says that a deadly wound would be healed right?

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
I read this on www.rapturenews.com [Eek!]

I can see a possible senario...

Popular world leader is fatally wounded in the head. Scientists/doctors drain all his blood, fill his body with this freezing saline solution while they repair the damage, and then 'resurrect' said popular leader... world marvels...

Now, I don't know if that's really how it's going to play out, but it sure makes me wonder.

If this becomes a tried and proven technique, wouldn't that take the miracle out of his coming back to life?

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this on www.rapturenews.com [Eek!]

I can see a possible senario...

Popular world leader is fatally wounded in the head. Scientists/doctors drain all his blood, fill his body with this freezing saline solution while they repair the damage, and then 'resurrect' said popular leader... world marvels...

Now, I don't know if that's really how it's going to play out, but it sure makes me wonder.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boffins create zombie dogs
By Nick Buchan of NEWS.com.au
June 27, 2005

Eerie ... boffins have brought dead dogs back to life, in the name of science. SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.
Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

During the procedure blood is replaced with saline solution at a few degrees above zero. The dogs' body temperature drops to only 7C, compared with the usual 37C, inducing a state of hypothermia before death.

Although the animals are clinically dead, their tissues and organs are perfectly preserved.

Damaged blood vessels and tissues can then be repaired via surgery. The dogs are brought back to life by returning the blood to their bodies,giving them 100 per cent oxygen and applying electric shocks to restart their hearts.

Tests show they are perfectly normal, with no brain damage.

"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement