Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Who said this? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Who said this?
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dead on!

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it was C S Lewis, was it not?
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who said this?

"There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done."'

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't listen to Billy Graham but if he does say things that aren't scriptural IMHO he hasn't done it with evil intentions or a hidden agenda...When this happens from a well meaning person it seems like they may have gone the compromise route because of pressure.

The bad part is that it accomplishes the agenda of the enemy and has detrimental affects...

satan's most powerful tool is being so very subtle that it begins the process of the slippery slope. Like the church gowth movement and things of that sort.

I can imagine roman catholicism starting off that way, with compromise and subtle doctine changes till you get what we have today.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
a true Fundamentalist is one who accepts the Bible as being the sole authority in matters of faith and practice and believes, with apology to none, that it is "the divinely and verbally inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God."
I guess that I are one!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
Soft Touch, as requested from the Cutting Edge

Cutting Edge

quote:
More empty gobbly-goop by the Cutting Edge "Ministries" titled- What is a Fundamentalist Christian and Why are they being Reviled by other Christians.?"

The problem with fundamentalism is not that fundamentalists put God first. The problem is that they do not put God first. They put a particular simplistic, limited, human understanding of God above all else. In most cases the fundamentalist understanding of God's will for mankind is that God wants things to be the way they used to be. God's laws are the ones we were taught since we were young. Fundamentalists then become neither Christian or Islam but rather defenders of the culture, dedicated to the preservation of "all we hold dear." In this regard, Christian fundamentalists are a lot more like the Pharisees than they are like Christ. Christ was a cultural and social revolutionary who disregarded the conventions of polite society, broke the religious laws regularly, associated with the "wrong crowd," and generally challenged the emptiness and superficiality of societies traditions and beliefs. Christ was crucified, at least partly, for being a modernist and an ethical relativist. If Christ came to live among us in the 21'st century, the fundamentalists would have him crucified again, not because they hate Christ, but because they would not recognize him.

This Article is an Examination of someone else opinion of Fundamentalism. There are two other articles being cited from in this paper. If you had read the entire article, you would have seen this. The portion you quoted above (on the original article) is in BLUE Lettering… Everything in BLUE comes from the article being examined by The Cutting Edge (see quote below):

quote:
So with this background information in mind, we will examine an Internet article entitled, "What Is Fundamentalism And Why Is It So Dangerous?", by Dr. Nielson. I will show the original text in blue and my comments in regular black font. (Due to length and redundancy of content, a few comments near the end were omitted.)
Everything in RED Lettering are statements made by the Cutting Edge writer or quotes of Scripture. The Below quote is an example of one of the Cutting Edge’s comments:

quote:
The point we intend to emphasize is that a true Fundamentalist is one who accepts the Bible as being the sole authority in matters of faith and practice and believes, with apology to none, that it is "the divinely and verbally inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God."
Most of the writers words are in black lettering (except where he quotes the first article and it’s plainly pointed out). The Red lettering are important points or scripture references.

So, what you ‘quoted’ as coming from The Cutting Edge Ministry, in fact, Did Not. It was a quote from another persons article that they were rebuffing.

THIS is the Cutting Edge's Description of what a True Fundamentalist is:

a true Fundamentalist is one who accepts the Bible as being the sole authority in matters of faith and practice and believes, with apology to none, that it is "the divinely and verbally inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God."

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soft Touch, as requested from the Cutting Edge

Cutting Edge

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason you all haven't heard from me is because I've had ANOTHER Fatal Computer Crash. My laptop is Toast (along with all my documentation - Again!). I'm on Ian's computer right now, so I won't be able to 'keep up' as my time using his computer is very limited.

HisGrace,

First, I SAW that interview with Graham with my own Eyes and heard his words with my own Ears! I can not 'quote' a video clip - sorry.

Second, you 'seemed' to quote something from The Cutting Edge Ministry on Fundamental Christians... but you didn't post a link back so anyone could check the source document. I have no idea what context that statement was made in at all. The people who run that ministry are Independent, Fundamental Baptists, so I find that statement very odd and suspect.

Lastly, I am not posting 'garbage' (as you've said), I am posting Real Quotes and Real Information to HOPEFULLY wake a few people up (as Hardcore said). If you don't want to wake up, then there's nothing I can do about that. But you don't have to accuse me of posting lies because I'm not.

We need to Stop putting People above God's Word. We need to let go of any alligence that is not in accord with God's Word. If we don't wake up now... we're in for a Very Rude awakening! Are you ready?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:

I also do not see them as "great lessons"; and I would not have no matter who said them;

I am a quote addict. Maybe I am naive, but I don't care who the quote is from, Mother Teresa, a Chinese Proverb, Einstein, I manage to look past the person and grasp the meat of what they are saying.

Maybe we don't always learn "great lessons," but quotes can be very uplifting.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:

HisGRace,With all due respect, Billy Graham's comments are on record in many, many, many interviews; both in written publications and on-camera -
He has said many things contrary to scriptural teaching and endorsed many others who are downright heretical. Of course these comments aren't on his website. The "it's not on the website" argument is one of the weakest given for him and other false teachers as well.

Endless garbage has been printed about powerful men of God on this Board, all from websites, and if it is second-hand information, it doesn't wash with me either.

You said "Billy Graham's comments are on record in many, many, many interviews; both in written publications and on-camera "

There are many Billy Graham websites; if he has given many, many, many interviews both written and on camera, why would it be such a big secret to keep such remarks off of a website.

When I made this remark on this Board about another high-profile evangelist I was given the exact same excuse from someone else. You know why you don't have an answer? It's because you can't provide the proof.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

This is in no way intended to be offensive to you HisGrace, but I am not able to let go your last statement that said, if I had not known that these were said by the Dali Lama, I would have been reminded that they are great lessons to be learned.

I post this because I want to show that there is a different perspective.

See, I did not know these were the words of the Dali Lama, infact, I recognized the quote on repspect or self, others and responsibility as being from the code of chivalry.

I also do not see them as "great lessons"; and I would not have no matter who said them; I would like to show why:

1. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

The scripture teaches that if we walk in the spirit and not the flesh, it is impossible for us to lose, because even when it looks like we have lost, we have not because God is working ALL things for our good and his glory if we are one who loves him and is called according to his purpose. So for me, this statement is nonsensical. If my prayer and my heart's desire is to live my life squarely in the path of his perfect, and not his permissive, but his perfect will, then lose is not something that can happen to me.

2. Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, respect
for others, and responsibility for all your actions.

This one as I have said, I know from the code of Chivalry, having been involved The Society for Creative Anachronism.

From a Biblical wordview, this is incorrect. Respect is to give attention, notice, acceptance, honor to someone.

The Bible says God is not a respector of persons and that we are not to give respect to persons.

In our unregenerate state we ourselves are worthy of no respect; in our re-generate state HE who is in us is the one worthy of respect. The only respect that I belive that we can give to another human being is the respect of God that is in them.

The Bible does not teach us to give respect to self or to others but to give love. Sometimes giving love can appear to be very disrespectful, as when Jesus called the Pharisee hypocrites or vipers, or when he turned the tables over in the temple.

Lastly, any responsibility for our actions that does not lead us to the cross is not responsibility. Taking responsibility for our actions requires us to humble ourselves enough to go to God in repentence or it is not taking responsibility at all.

3. Don't let a little dispute injure a great
friendship.

I think that this depends entirely on what the dispute is about. And, apart from Christ, we have no friendship because there is no fellowship between light and darkness.

4. When you realize you've made a mistake, take
immediate steps to correct it.

David realized he made a mistake with Bathsheba and set about taking immediate steps to correct his mistake. This resulted in the murder of Bathsheba's husband and a curse upon David's house. When we realize that we have made a mistake the thing to is repent! Then go to God in 1.) confession of our sin, and 2.) prayer to seek what HE would have us do if anything.

So, for me these statements were to broad and left to much room for something other than Christ, for me to have felt that they were "great lessons" to learn.

Lastly:

quote:
The scriptures you quoted would apply if I studied their philosophy and delved into their teachings, and that certainly is not what I am saying.
I wanted to let you know that I do appreciate seeing how you look at this.

For me, this would not work, because my worldview is such that the scripture tells me that God has said not to learn their philosophies and teaching and yet it still tells me these things about what is not of God. So whether I know the first thing about Buddhism, I know that Buddhism is contrary to the Gospel of Christ and thus is anti christ and any wisdom that a Buddhist has is not of God and that Satan does come as an angel of light. (Light - Wisdom, knowledge, understanding - godliness)

If theres is no fellowship of light with darkness, then all that is not light is darkness.

Again, I do not post any of this to contend with you or try and debate; I post only to show that there are different perspectives.

Sometimes I think it is more enlightening - we can have more understanding - if we know why one believes what they believe than it is to know what they believe. It helps each of us to not judge things unjustly.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Thank you for your reply HisGrace.
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Referring to Billy Graham -
Mature Christians don't say that you can get to heaven without Jesus. He has been compromising his faith for some time now. You are in denial.

That is a downright lie. I have not heard any preacher repeat on TV more than him words to the effect. "Ye must be born again."

Once again, I wish members would post remarks from the individual's own site, rather giving us second-hand information. Please show me a Billy Graham site that says this.

BTW hardcore I am not calling you a liar. You just have been the wrong information.

His Grace,

With all due respect, Billy Graham's comments are on record in many, many, many interviews; both in written publications and on-camera - including in my own hometown when he was here for a crusade. All of his interviews do not go on his website.

He has said many things contrary to scriptural teaching and endorsed many others who are downright heretical. Of course these comments aren't on his website. The "it's not on the website" argument is one of the weakest given for him and other false teachers as well.

If Satan had a website do you think he would announce his true intent in his mission statement? Of course I am not calling Graham Satan, but hopefully you see my point. Sorry, but the website argument doesn't wash.

If you want to continue to ignore the truth, on this and other issues, that's fine. But please don't insist that things aren't true just because you don't want to believe them.

If you can't handle some of the stuff that's discussed here, how in the world are you going to deal with the increased deception to come? I'm afraid you and many others are going to be in for a seriously rude awakening one day. This stuff is nothing compared to what lies ahead.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

HFHS, if I hadn't told anyone who made these quotes, (Dalai Lama) you would have been reminded that these would be great lessons to be learned.

The scriptures you quoted would apply if I studied their philosophy and delved into their teachings, and that certainly is not what I am saying. BTW, I also believe that is not Billy Graham's intent either.

God loves the Dalai Lama just as much as he loves anyone, and he is no respecter of persons. There is no way I would practise Buddhism. but when I see how dedicated someone like the Dalai Lama and others of different religions are, it should put us to shame.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
It was the Dalai Lama - We can learn much from other faiths, but that doesn't mean that we have to embrace their doctrines.
Hi: I was curious as to how you see that this is in agreement with this below? Know that I have no intention of debating; this is a sincere request to understand how you reconcile or find harmony in this thought I quoted and these scriptures. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jeremiah 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen,

Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Jeremiah 8:9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My point was that many voted for President Bush because they thought he was a Christian, but just because someone says there are does not mean they will.
I think Bush could believe he is a Chrsitian and doing right with God. Not to be mean to Bush but he did use a lot of drugs in his past. It could alter his head too. He could really think God tells him to go to war with Iraq. And, maybe he did tell him to take action with Iraq and Bush interpreted differntly. He might even go to church or mass or whatever regularly. He may honestly feel that he is diong the right thing. If he believes in God he may feel he is a "Man of God" doing the right thing. Or that since he's God's child he is right about his decisions etc

My main objection to Bush is more his invovlement with skull and bones society. I dont knwo much on them but I think someone named prescott bush was in it and george bush sr was in it too. Very dark occult like from what I'm read. Not sure if they sacrifice people but I have a feeling its dark. There was a movie with paul walker about the society. This also doesn't mean that its all true of what they do. But, I"m sure some things are. They just named it i think "the skulls"

Even if he feels he is a christian, even if he prays with his heart and means what he prays. and than means what he says when he speaks about things, I still don't seem him as fully christian. Unless he's cut all ties with that scretive society, then I can't consider him a full christian. Maybe hes full but not true. Again I just took a sleeping pill cause I need some sleep so excuse my possible bad typing and how i phrase things.

with Bush and Hitler:
Maybe Hitler honestly felt what he did was what God would want. I have a feeling there were things in his past and of people he knew with a few exceptions to how jewish people are that hurt them. they may not of even directly or intentionally done it I'm sure If I reserched what his parents and other family were doing and did for a living i'd understand more. The Jewish were very successful in banking and business. I think they've been even in scriptures as such.

the thing that was wrong with Hitler wasn't so much hate as fear to me. He may have "hated" them but he must have feared them too. There was a holocaust in the mideval days i hitnk in 1349 It was even called a holocaust. not sure if there were concentratoin camps. I think they were just burned right then and killed. I've heard that those who converted to christianity and were baptized got saved. still, it was a horrifying experience. I feel kinda worse than with Hitler in a way. They didnt even get the chance to live thorugh camps once being liberated.

I do believe hitler feared them more than hated. It may of been hate on the outside but fear within. His propaganda was to make people first know his propaganda about things. they were probably very desperate for money too and when peole are desperate they are weakened. He maid people lots of promises. and he actually came through with bettering the economy! This gained their following. And as the Nasi's got more powerful, he turned people to fear the jewish. he used the gestapo to make the jewish afraid but also others. Especialy if they had jewish people hidden with them. Especially if that meant they though being non jewish might go.

Nazism grew stronger by people funding it politically and with money etc. "good" people who believed in God supported him until it was too late. And they were too scared. Now they feared the Nazis. Probably nated them too in time. They were in fear of everything.

The reason Hitler can't claim anythignwith this speech is becasue not only did he kill people but Jewish people. God's children are the Jewish. He may also feel that since Jewish don't view Jesus as their saviour, that they are wrong though and he is right. He forgets its the same God either way. And, if he honestly believed in God, killing people at all let alone God's chosen people, that is wrong. He may of also done lots of drugs. I have a feeling he was manic and psychizophrenic or borderline disability.

Nazism would of proabbly gotten started and been big anyay even without him. maybe not as big but he didnt start their Idea he jsut became their leader and knew the propaganda. But, he probably also was an extream idealist in he tehologies and theories.

I'm leaning more towards Hitler wasn't do any of this for good etc. I don't think bush is doing things for good. But, in his mind he may be. This doesn't mean its not Satan misleading him. Satan is great at dissillusioning people too.

the first quote on the top of the board I thought was Bush. I see many similarities in things with them. But, thats comparing one dictator to another. And, if you want I can find the quote Bush actually said about him being a dictator etc.

But, the fact Hitler's mom or aunt was Jewish makes it more messed up. Maybe he disliked Jewish all cause of her who knows. And, I dont know if he really killed himself. or if he was told if he doesnt someone else will very soon theyre coming to do it etc and it'll make things even worse for our declining system.

excuse me if I made no sense thouogh due to the sleeping pill.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are fundamentalists? How do I know if I am one?
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

More empty gobbly-goop by the Cutting Edge "Ministries" titled- What is a Fundamentalist Christian and Why are they being Reviled by other Christians.?"

The problem with fundamentalism is not that fundamentalists put God first. The problem is that they do not put God first. They put a particular simplistic, limited, human understanding of God above all else. In most cases the fundamentalist understanding of God's will for mankind is that God wants things to be the way they used to be. God's laws are the ones we were taught since we were young. Fundamentalists then become neither Christian or Islam but rather defenders of the culture, dedicated to the preservation of "all we hold dear." In this regard, Christian fundamentalists are a lot more like the Pharisees than they are like Christ. Christ was a cultural and social revolutionary who disregarded the conventions of polite society, broke the religious laws regularly, associated with the "wrong crowd," and generally challenged the emptiness and superficiality of societies traditions and beliefs. Christ was crucified, at least partly, for being a modernist and an ethical relativist. If Christ came to live among us in the 21'st century, the fundamentalists would have him crucified again, not because they hate Christ, but because they would not recognize him.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Referring to Billy Graham -
Mature Christians don't say that you can get to heaven without Jesus. He has been compromising his faith for some time now. You are in denial.

That is a downright lie. I have not heard any preacher repeat on TV more than him words to the effect. "Ye must be born again."

Once again, I wish members would post remarks from the individual's own site, rather giving us second-hand information. Please show me a Billy Graham site that says this.

BTW hardcore I am not calling you a liar. You just have been the wrong information.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by His Grace:
It was the Dalai Lama - We can learn much from other faiths, but that doesn't mean that we have to embrace their doctrines.

I don't need to learn anything from other faiths. My bible has all I need. Learn about them, maybe; but not learn from them.

quote:
His Grace:
Billy Graham is showing maturity as a Christian by showing unconditional love towards the Muslims, Jews, Catholics etc. I don't believe for a second that he is willing to accept their core doctrines.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Want to know who made the following quotes -
1. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
2. Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, respect
for others, and
responsibility for all your actions.
3. Don't let a little dispute injure a great
friendship.
4. When you realize you've made a mistake, take
immediate steps to correct it.

Billy Graham is showing maturity as a Christian by showing unconditional love towards the Muslims, Jews, Catholics etc. I don't believe for a second that he is willing to accept their core doctrines.

Isn't that how Jesus would treat everyone no matter what their beliefs?? He was admonished for mingling with the publicans and sinners. He did it in order to save souls. Do you ever think that maybe Billy Graham's witness may bring many of these unbelievers to Christ?

HisGrace
unregistered

New Age and New World Order certainly set off alarm bells for me.
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Grace,

I've never been to the site "Religious Counterfits" (that I know of). But please tell me what it is you find wrong with those who see what's going on (those who have done the research) showing the rest of us? Have you not read:

quote:
Daniel 11:32And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

You still haven't said what you think is Wrong with The Cutting Edge Ministry.

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
quote:
The DVD is called "The Shocker" (and boy is it ever!) I got it through Cutting Edge Ministries.

My opinion about Cutting Edge - [Eek!] [Eek!]
Could you please explain your reason for this opinion?
As I quoted in another thread -

"How reliable is the information on this cutting edge site and others like it??"

"Our Goal - (Cuttingedge)
-To explain the goals and aspirations of the New World Order
-To explain how its implementation will affect the average American citizen and family.
-To show how families are being influenced now, before we actually move into this system. seen and heard.
The most exciting aspect of our ministry is that through our teaching process, we show you that all of the New World Order plans, when completed, will fulfill dozens of Bible prophecies to the letter!"

Quote from Religious Counterfeits -
Our site provides the public with very unique and comprehensive information regarding the New World Order and its ultimate implication upon Society. We believe in the Bible as God's guide book for life and realize that in it we are told beforehand of some very startling and momentous events which are to take place upon planet earth before the second coming of Christ. As we witness the unfolding of these events, it is our conviction that we are guided by God to reveal the meaning of and broad-ranging effects of them to our fellow man.

Whether you are a Christian who already has some knowledge of the New Age Movement and New World Order, or one who has limited or no knowledge of these things... we believe that after reading the articles on our site you will come away benefited by having taken the time to do so. In all probability you will begin view the things that you see going on in the world around you in a totally different way than you ever had before.
Our Statement of Faith -Our Purpose
There are several reasons for our site's existence:

We want to reveal the true plans of those who are endeavoring to implement the New World Order in our Society.
To wake people up so that they will realize what is going on do that they may protect themselves from those who would harm both their spirituality and their religious liberty under the guise of "goodwill".
We want to provide the public with information of how this "New Age Thinking" is permeating nearly every aspect of society today. Also we seek to educate others so that they will be armed with the information they need to detect this "new thinking" and avoid absorbing it into their own way of thinking."

http://www.religiouscounterfeits.org/

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Who said this?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
whitesands777 originally posted:
The whole homeland security thing is creepy...It seems like it's a noose being so slowly tightened that by the time it's snug around the neck the victim doesn't realize it's there.

This reminds me of another quote. Think Patriot Act. It hits a little too close to home in America today.

Who said this?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

hc

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally postd by Soft Touch:
I'm sorry, because I know this is going to hurt some folks to read, but we have to KNOW that we can't put any human above God's Word.

I think you hit the nail right on the head with this ST. There are some Christians who unwittingly hold men up too high. And as you said, it is difficult to come to grips with the truth when one of our favorites is falling.

My husband and I have always joked that if Charles Stanley starts preaching heresy, we're going to hang it up, 'cause we'll know the end is near.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Therein lies the rub... just what IS the definition of "lashing out"? It's a broad term. From what I've been reading, all the laws that have been implemented (or are on the table) after 9/11 were written with a broad brush. Allowing for broad interpretation. Apparently, this was done on purpose.

Look at Canada now with their Hate Speach thing. They've declared the Bible as Hate Speach because it speaks against (lashes out against) homosexual lifestyles...

I see troubled times coming upon America.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I think that most of us under estimate the enemy's ability to deceive.

As to the Reno quote: Reno might not have said it, but I do believe the day is coming when someone will.

Deb, I am very glad to hear your DVD was not spreading this as something Ridge said, but what ridge said is scary enough because lashing out can be a lot of things. My husband and I were talking the other day and he said you know, today we could not have a boston tea party, and I thought boy oh boy is that the truth, you would be met with the national guard and heaven knows who else in armored vehicles with guns cocked.

What is sad is that this kind of consideration is certainly not given to Christianity in Muslim nations. And what about religions that practice things that we would consider human rights issues? What if in this country people began stoning women caught in adultery? Would we be terrorsits to lash out in protest against them? Worship differently is a broad broad concept! What of pagans that worship by sacrificing animals, can we not lash out against these things without being labled a terrorist. I have nothing against my neighbor, but if I come home one day to find an altar in his yard with a flesh sacrifice on it, I just might lash out with my voice if nothing else!

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I apologize too... here is the quote that came from Tom Ridge:

"To those Americans who would lash out at your fellow citizens, simply because they worship differently, or dress differently, or look differently than you, there is one word for such behavior: terrorism." (Governor Tom Ridge, in his farewell address to the State Legislature as Pennsylvania Governor, before taking up his new position at the White House as Director of Homeland Security.)

I wonder what he means by lashing out ? Could speaking out about false religions the same as lashing out?

Did Bush appoint Tom Ridge ?

The whole homeland security thing is creepy...It seems like it's a noose being so slowly tightened that by the time it's snug around the neck the victim doesn't realize it's there.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
I almost didn't guess Graham because of the Rabbi comment. That one threw me off.

Sad indeed. And yet there are those who will still defend him.

It's very hard to believe that such a strong man of God (as he was at one time) could have fallen so completely. I once thought he was the only Evangelist that satan couldn't touch. I was heartbroken to find out I was wrong. Even after I knew the truth, it was hard for me to see him say those words to Schuller (who himself is an Apostate teacher - it hurt for me to find that out too).

I'm sorry, because I know this is going to hurt some folks to read, but we have to KNOW that we can't put any human above God's Word. Sometimes it's painful to realize this [Frown]

We need to PRAY for these men, that God will open their eyes before it's too late.

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Unfortunately, Yes. Billy Graham

I almost didn't guess Graham because of the Rabbi comment. That one threw me off.

Sad indeed. And yet there are those who will still defend him.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
quote:
The DVD is called "The Shocker" (and boy is it ever!) I got it through Cutting Edge Ministries.

Could you please explain your reason for this opinion?

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

People seem to be wondering about my motive for starting this thread. It's simple... To show that things are not always what they appear to be.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Unfortunately, Yes. Billy Graham

The first part was from an interview with Larry King. The second was an interview with Robert Schuller (which I watched a clip of that interview on that DVD I mentioned earlier)

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
I'll try this one one more time LOL

Who Said These Things? (Exerpts from an interview)

Asked what he thought of Mormonism, Catholicism, and other such faiths, _______ responded, “Oh, I think I have a wonderful relationship with them.”

_________ was especially commendatory of Catholicism. He explained, “I am very comfortable with the Vatican. I have been to see the Pope several times. He and I agree on almost everything.”

“are you comfortable with Judaism?”
“Very comfortable,” answered ________. “I depend on a Jewish rabbi, Rabbi Tannenbaum in New York, constantly, theologically and spiritually in every way.”

(From an interview I watched the other night on DVD):

“God is calling a people out for himself. Among the Muslim, Buddist, Hindu, all people, rather they know Christ or not. I believe they are saved.” (paraphrase)

Billy Graham?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I'll try this one one more time LOL

Asked what he thought of Mormonism, Catholicism, and other such faiths, _______ responded, “Oh, I think I have a wonderful relationship with them.”

_________ was especially commendatory of Catholicism. He explained, “I am very comfortable with the Vatican. I have been to see the Pope several times. He and I agree on almost everything.”

“Very comfortable,” answered ________. “I depend on a Jewish rabbi, Rabbi Tannenbaum in New York, constantly, theologically and spiritually in every way.”

“God is calling a people out for himself. Among the Muslim, Buddist, Hindu, all people, rather they know Christ or not. I believe they are saved.” (paraphrase)

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Okay Soft Touch - this one's for you:

"At a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Hey all ...

Sorry I don't have a source on the "Janet Reno" quote. Someone sent a few quotes to me a while back and this was included. I haven't done anything with them, so never checked into them any further. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

Based on what you all are finding, it definitely seems suspect.

Too bad that the sentiment is pervasive in some circles, even if this particular quote is bogus.

I'll have to try and find another one for the thread.

Sorry for the bad info.!

hc

I don't think it was bad info. That was on the DVD I watched from "Hope for America Ministry" which I got through the Cutting Edge. And I guess it was Reno... I thought he said it was Ridge, but then again my memory is nothing to count on!

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I apologize too... here is the quote that came from Tom Ridge:

"To those Americans who would lash out at your fellow citizens, simply because they worship differently, or dress differently, or look differently than you, there is one word for such behavior: terrorism." (Governor Tom Ridge, in his farewell address to the State Legislature as Pennsylvania Governor, before taking up his new position at the White House as Director of Homeland Security.)

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Okay Soft Touch - this one's for you:

"At a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Hey all ...

Sorry I don't have a source on the "Janet Reno" quote. Someone sent a few quotes to me a while back and this was included. I haven't done anything with them, so never checked into them any further. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

Based on what you all are finding, it definitely seems suspect.

Too bad that the sentiment is pervasive in some circles, even if this particular quote is bogus.

I'll have to try and find another one for the thread.

Sorry for the bad info.!

hc

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

egggh.... Shiver

OK...

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Rev Sun Yung Moon - You go now.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Well, I will be interested in a source because that quote is listed on snopes as an urban legend attributed to Janet Reno and was reported to have been said in a 60 minutes interview in 1994. I will continue checking but the urband legend site says there was not a 60 minutes interview by Reno in 94. I also found the quote on a christian site that had this comment:

"A cultist is anyone who... Has a strong belief in the Bible & the second coming of Christ; who frequently attends Bible studies; who has a high level of giving to Christian causes; who home schools their children; who have accumulated survival foods and have a strong belief in the 2nd amendment; and distrusts big government. Anyone who fits any of these characteristics is cause for concern, but someone who fits two or more of these traits is a threat, and any family exposed to this is at risk, which would require government intervention." - Attorney General Janet Reno, in a statement made on June 26, 1994 while on the TV show '60 Minutes'. [60 minutes subsequently destroyed their master copies of the interview and denied its' existence.]

But just the fact that it was attributed to Reno in its intirety and now to Ridgland makes it suspect in my book.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Who said this:

"God and man are one. Man is incarnate God."

I'm guessing either Copeland or Hinn?

(I have another one after this, K?) [Wink]

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Woa! I hope that is not true! Anyway, since both my questions and my replies seem to be being skipped over here, let me try again.

Who said this:

"God and man are one. Man is incarnate God."

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Honest Linda! It was on one of the DVD's I got from the Cutting Edge. Hopefully Hardcore has a source we can check on the internet as well

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Hardore! Is deb right? Is that who said this? Please quote your source??? God help us all!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement