Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » End Times

Author Topic: End Times
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i feel there is/will be more than one antichrist in history or at a time's minions/seeming nantichrist. by this, i mean one person will seem like they are but thye're not quite bad/powerful enough etc but are close.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
While it is true that people have thought that they were living in the last days since Jesus was on earth, it was only in our life time, that the Jews once again had a home land. In the 70’s we could not understand how, where the Bible said that the two witnesses would lie on the ground for 3 days and the whole world would see, but we know now. By live satellite we can see live action from anywhere in the world. betty

We may still have a looooooong way to go then. If satellite TV is the way the world will see, then rememeber that there are probably a BILLION people on this earth who have no access, the number is probably actually much higher...

There is less war, famine, and disease than at any point in recorded history. Because of the media we just hear about it more.

The UN is NOT a one world government. The biggest countries dont want it to take that role at this point in history. (France by the way, is leaning towards rejecting the EU consitution)

You can find "End Times Signs" all day, but I can also find signs that the end is not coming yet.

It could be next week, but it could also be in 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000 or more years from now.

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible does not leave us clueless about the end times. While it is true that people have thought that they were living in the last days since Jesus was on earth, it was only in our life time, that the Jews once again had a home land. In the 70’s we could not understand how, where the Bible said that the two witnesses would lie on the ground for 3 days and the whole world would see, but we know now. By live satellite we can see live action from anywhere in the world. I remember as a child we were taught how the mark of the beast would be a tattoo people got. Now we see the resourses that would allow a tiny computer chip that would hold information to be inserted under the skin. Yes, it is quite true we will not know the hour or the day; the Bible tells us that just as know the seasons of the weather we will know the season when Jesus is coming back.
Whether Jesus comes back today or 20 years from now, the Bible makes it clear we are to live for Him and be watching for His return. I personally believe we are living in the last days, but whether I am wrong or not, we cannot lose if we are living for Jesus and looking for the blessed hope.
When the rapture will happen, there will be people who missed it, who will say that they knew about it, but just stop believing in it.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an excerpt from "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Philip Yancey:

Ch. 13 (portions takend from pps 239-240)

Each fall the childhood church I attended sponsored a prophecy conference. Silver-haired men of national repute would stretch their prophecy charts – stitched bedsheets covered with Day-Glo renditions of beasts and armies – across the platform and expound on “the last days” we were living in.

I listened in fear and fascination as they drew a straight line south from Moscow to Jerusalem and sketched in the movements of million-strong armies who would soon converge on Israel. I learned that the ten members of Europe’s Common Market had recently fulfilled Daniel’s prophecy about the beast with ten horns. Soon all of us would be registered in a computer somewhere in Belgium. Nuclear war would break out and the planet would teeter on the brink of annihilation, until at the last second Jesus himself would return to lead the armies of righteousness.

That scenario seems far less likely now that Russia has declined and the Common Market (now European Union) has expanded beyond ten members. What sticks with me, though, is not so much the particulars of prophecy as their emotional effect on me. I grew up at once terrified and desperately hopeful. In high school I took courses in Chinese and my brother studied Russian so that one of us could communicate with invading armies from either direction. My uncle went further, packing up his family and moving to Australia. Yet in the midst of this terror we also had hope: though I felt certain the world would soon end, nevertheless I banked all my childhood faith on the belief that somehow Jesus would conquer.

Later, as I read church history, I learned that often before – during the first decades of Christianity, the end of the tenth century, the late 1300s, the Napoleonic era, World War I, the Axis of Hitler and Mussolini – visions of the end times had bubbled to the surface. As recently as the 1991 Gulf War (me here – this book was written in 1995), Saddam Hussein was being branded the Antichrist, the new trigger-man for the apocalypse. Each time, Christians went through a passionate cycle of fear, hope, and sheepish disillusionment. The end times had not arrived after all.

I also learned that the Jewish race has repeatedly undergone the exact same cycle, never more poignantly than in the first century A.D. At that time many Jews expected the Messiah to arise and liberate them from the terrors of Rome, a hope that the man from Nazareth at first ignited, and then dashed…

In Jesus’ day, Jews were poring over the same passages from Daniel and Ezekiel that would later figure so prominently in the prophecy conferences of my childhood.* We disagreed on some details – Northern Europe was then a forest full of barbarians not a Common Market, and Russia was unknown – yet our visions of the Messiah matched: we expected a conquering hero.

*The scribes who pored so assiduously over Old Testament prophecies did not recognize Jesus as the fulfillment of those prophecies. Should not their failure to interpret signs of the first coming sound a note of caution to those today who so confidently proclaim signs of the Second Coming?

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement