Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Could America Be Knocked Out Soon?

Author Topic: Could America Be Knocked Out Soon?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here’s Another article on a possible Electromagnatic Paulse attack on America.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44017

Iran military journal eyes nuclear EMP attack on U.S.
High-altitude missile detonation could be launched from ship, warn top scientists

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I wonder what Israel wants with these. Maybe they're just for target practice.  -

Pentagon proposes sale of 100 bunker-busting bombs to Israel

quote:
Israel has requested the sale of the Lockheed Martin Corp. GBU-28s worth as much as $30 million, the Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency said in a notice required by law for government-to-government military sales.

Buckle up!  -  -

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

P.S. Don't mean to get off the subject with this, just didn't want to make a new thread.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
I guess we will soon see, "The rest of the story". [Big Grin]

LOL!!! Good one Bro [Big Grin]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
I was listening to "Paul Harvey" on the Radio today and was Astounded when he said that our International Debt was at.... Get This....

666 Billion

Very Odd... I doubt it's significant as to prophecy, but it just struck me [Eek!]

I guess we will soon see, "The rest of the story". [Big Grin]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I was listening to "Paul Harvey" on the Radio today and was Astounded when he said that our International Debt was at.... Get This....

666 Billion

Very Odd... I doubt it's significant as to prophecy, but it just struck me [Eek!]

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Well, whatever happens, we know that God is In Control! [clap2]

And those who place their Trust and Faith in HIM (Jesus) have A LOT To Look Forward To! [clap2]

[hyper] [wiggle7]

Amen, and it's a good thing He is too. You have to figure that something will happen sometime. I have been thinking about what kind of scenerio could send the U.S. over the edge and into a disaster and I don't think it would take much. Our economy is so unstable right now, if another 9-11 or something similar were to happen, I think it would put us out possibly for good. With the financial bubble so big these days, I think it would pale the '90s bubble burst. The international banks are already talking about cutting us off. What would happen if our economy were to head south?  -

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Well, whatever happens, we know that God is In Control! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

And those who place their Trust and Faith in HIM (Jesus) have A LOT To Look Forward To! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

[hyper] [wiggle7]

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you mean by water, I still find this unlikely. The accuracy and means to control them are not likely by terrorists (At least not to the point of putting the missle in the right spot, make sense?) And if a country were to do this, they would be destroyed quickly. I worry more about a nuke coming across the border by terrorists. I realize that the article says they CAN do this, and I'm not denying that. I just don't believe they will. JMHO...

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Bro. Ripp, have you read the whole article yet? It explains the way this could happen.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
When Flordia had thier last hurricane people were arrested for fighting in home depot over plywood. Yep, I could see fighting in the stores if people were panic enough.
betty

Americans panic if the cable goes out. Imagine this scenario:

1) Nuke goes off.
2) Power in country is out.
3) Millions of people storming super markets to get supplies.
4) Millions getting stuck in traffic trying to get to super markets.
5) Millions fighting for the last of the food.
6) Gridlock. No production, no shipments.
7) Possibly no water because of no power.
8) The night becomes infested with people breaking into others houses to find food and water.
9) Millions of people are killed and their goods stolen.
10) Disease sets in because of unclean conditions. No power for sewage plants etc.

Can you imagine? Our achilles heel...

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Flordia had thier last hurricane people were arrested for fighting in home depot over plywood. Yep, I could see fighting in the stores if people were panic enough.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by mohawk:
Our society has become so dependent upon electrical based technology--so many things are now computerized--that bringing down the grid with a single bomb would be a real Pearl Harbor job. I'm wondering how long it would take to bring it back up once it was knocked down--would we be able to respond quickly to an attack.

And how prepared are we for such a thing? I don't think this kind of terrorism is even on our homeland security department's mind. Am I mistaken?

You are correct sir. If this were to happen, bye bye America. It would shut us down for good I believe. Since it would fry circuits, well think about what all circuits are in. And by the time we got back up and running, we would be in a depression and/or anarchy. Can you imagine just the panic alone and what kind of chaos would be happening?! People beating each other up for the last can of soup at King Soopers. Our country would be one big state of emergency. We are NOT prepared for anything like this. And as far as I'm concerned, we aren't prepared for much of anything. You could drive a country across the Mexican border and we worry about taking nail clippers away from old ladies at the airport. [Roll Eyes] Watch out! Granny has a multi-use nail set, GET HER! Gimme a break...

Now with that said, I don't know how realistic this is. Possible yes, but I don't think probable. The country that did this would immediately be glass. And if it was terrorists, I'm sure we would take out countries that harbor them. It would be bad for sure. Frightening scenario but I don't think probable, at least not any time soon. I worry more about a nuke by itself getting across the border. It would be more difficult to get a missle AND a nuke close enough to do this. But hey, you never know. We do know that dark times are coming...

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

The article address those things, but apparently we are Not prepared. It says it could take Years to restore the damage.

If you click on the link at the top of the original post, it will take you to the article and you can read the full article there.

Sorry, I know this isn't great news, but we need to be aware of what's happening.

--------------------

mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our society has become so dependent upon electrical based technology--so many things are now computerized--that bringing down the grid with a single bomb would be a real Pearl Harbor job. I'm wondering how long it would take to bring it back up once it was knocked down--would we be able to respond quickly to an attack.

And how prepared are we for such a thing? I don't think this kind of terrorism is even on our homeland security department's mind. Am I mistaken?

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 2 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43956

Iran plans to knock out U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb
Tests missiles for electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapon that could destroy America's technical infrastructure
 -

quote:
WASHINGTON -- Iran is not only covertly developing nuclear weapons, it is already testing ballistic missiles specifically designed to destroy America's technical infrastructure, effectively neutralizing the world's lone superpower, say U.S. intelligence sources, top scientists and western missile industry experts.
quote:
Iran has surprised intelligence analysts by describing the mid-flight detonations of missiles fired from ships on the Caspian Sea as "successful" tests. Even primitive Scud missiles could be used for this purpose. And top U.S. intelligence officials reminded members of Congress that there is a glut of these missiles on the world market. They are currently being bought and sold for about $100,000 apiece.

"A terrorist organization might have trouble putting a nuclear warhead 'on target' with a Scud, but it would be much easier to simply launch and detonate in the atmosphere," wrote Sen. John Kyl, R-Ariz., in the Washington Post a week ago. "No need for the risk and difficulty of trying to smuggle a nuclear weapon over the border or hit a particular city. Just launch a cheap missile from a freighter in international waters – al-Qaida is believed to own about 80 such vessels – and make sure to get it a few miles in the air."

The Iranian missile tests were more sophisticated and capable of detonation at higher elevations – making them more dangerous.

Detonated at a height of 60 to 500 kilometers above the continental U.S., one nuclear warhead could cripple the country – knocking out electrical power and circuit boards and rendering the U.S. domestic communications impotent.

quote:
"An electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack on the American homeland, said one of the distinguished scientists who testified at the hearing, is one of only a few ways that the United States could be defeated by its enemies – terrorist or otherwise," wrote Kyl "And it is probably the easiest. A single Scud missile, carrying a single nuclear weapon, detonated at the appropriate altitude, would interact with the Earth's atmosphere, producing an electromagnetic pulse radiating down to the surface at the speed of light. Depending on the location and size of the blast, the effect would be to knock out already stressed power grids and other electrical systems across much or even all of the continental United States, for months if not years."
quote:
"Briefly, a single nuclear weapon exploded at high altitude above the United States will interact with the Earth's atmosphere, ionosphere and magnetic field to produce an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) radiation down to the Earth and additionally create electrical currents in the Earth," said the report. "EMP effects are both direct and indirect. The former are due to electrical systems, and the latter arise from the damage that 'shocked' – upset, damaged and destroyed – electronics controls then inflict on the systems in which they are embedded. The indirect effects can be even more severe than the direct effects."
quote:
Graham describes the potential "cascading effect" of an EMP attack. If electrical power is knocked out and circuit boards fried, telecommunications are disrupted, energy deliveries are impeded, the financial system breaks down, food, water and gasoline become scarce.
~ ~ ~ End Quote of Article ~ ~ ~

This is a Long article and I don’t have the heart to quote some of the possible scenarios. You can read the full article at the link above.

This again shows us that Time Is Short!

Stand FAST! And bring as many Souls to a Saving Knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as possible!

- [Prayer]  -  -

(Thank you Brother Ripp for your Steadfast Service to our Lord. You are providing a valuable service to God's Children by keeping us aware of what's happening through links to important news stories on your website: www.rapturenews.com [thumbsup2] That's where I found this article!)

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement