Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » End Time Question?

Author Topic: End Time Question?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an article I found today at Brother Ripp’s website ( www.rapturenews.com). I found a few items very interesting in this piece…
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;sessionid=WRMREDO5RX40PQFIQMFCM5WAVCBQYJVC?xml=/news/2005/04/25/wpope25.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/04/25/ixportaltop.html

Humanity has lost its way, says new Pope

quote:
His message was delivered softly but firmly to a crowd of 500,000 packing St Peter's Square, including some 150 foreign delegations of world and religious leaders, and a number of royals.

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, was given pride of place in the front row of representatives of other denominations who heard the Pope appeal for Christian unity.

Prince Philip was also at the Vatican, as was Lord Falconer, the Lord Chancellor, representing the Government, Lady Bolton for the Conservatives and Lady Williams for the Liberal Democrats. Among the royals were Prince Albert of Monaco, and the King and Queen of Belgium.

quote:
Among those in the American delegation was President George W Bush's brother Jeb, a Catholic convert.
Many of the "Kings of the Earth" are in attendence... Interesting.

quote:
he painted a picture of humanity's "wretched" soul being "lost in the desert" of the modern age, which as Peter's successor it was his duty to save.

"The human race - every one of us - is the sheep lost in the desert which no longer knows the way," the Pope said. "The Son of God will not let this happen. He (Note from ST: I’m guessing he means Jesus?) cannot abandon humanity in so wretched a condition. And there are so many kinds of desert. There is the desert of poverty, the desert of hunger and thirst, the desert of abandonment, of loneliness, of destroyed love.

This is definitely a very different view of End Times and what the Lord said will happen then what I understand from the KJV Bible...

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the info, never heard of that prophecy before,

for sure I put no validity to any thing Roman Catholic,

from what I have read thus far, this new Pope really needs to be watched. He was in Hitler's youth program as a young man.

All I can say is come quickly Yeshua,

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, St. Malachy is not a biblical prophet, so his visions are to be taken with a grain of salt. However, I have done a bit of reading on this, and what makes Malachy's prophecies so compelling is that he seems to be stunningly accurate. (This still does not place Malachy in league with biblical prophets like Jeremiah or Daniel, but it makes for interesting study).

Most compelling is his description of the Popes he claims are the final three. He predicted that the current Pope would come from the Benedictine order--and he has. Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman), supposedly the last Pope, who is still to come, was added to the list by St. Malachy's biographer (a Malachy prediction after the fact, and not "officially" added to the list by Malachy himself, if I recall what I read accurately).

The other interesting element is that the current Pope, Benedict, is said to be the one who will be in power "during the beginning" of Jacob's Trouble (the Tribulation). And that Peter the Roman will be Pope when the city on seven hills (Rome) is destroyed. If that is true, then we are close to the end time indeed.

Again, I am not comparing Malachy to anyone in the Bible. That would be wrong. I am simply illustrating how fascinating Malachy's prophecies are, in light of current events. I will also point out that the prophecies of Jeremiah, John, Daniel--and Jesus--are also coming to fruition and it is obvious we should be looking heavenward, for the hour is approaching.

[rapture]

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are two schools of thought on the Malachy prophecies. One is that there is a total of 112 Popes. This new Pope would be #111

The other is that the 112th name (Peter the Roman) was added after the original writing. This is the one that's referred to most frequently as the Last Pope and some believe will be the Anti-Christ or False Prophet.

I would use Caution with these 'prophecies' as they are extra-biblical and come from an RCC source. There is a thread from a while back where I think this was discussed. I haven't looked for it though.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have hear of this prophecy... this new pope is supposed to be either the last or the second to last. I think I read it here on one of the threads... but that's been a few weeks/months? ago.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 17 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone aware that there is a prophecy concerning the number of Pope's before the end of time?

Would/could anyone comment?

There is no doubt in my mind that the Roman catholic Church is the Great W!hore spoken of in the Book of Revelation, but is there any connection to this prophecy?

http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement