Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Interesting Article - "Vatican Agenda"

Author Topic: Interesting Article - "Vatican Agenda"
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I read this information, how captivating. Was it to anyone surprise that this would happen in the Book of Revelation, it said beware of the Harlot that sits on 7 hills. It is also sad that even Isareli high archy took part of this accord. If I am not wrong Jesus very cruxification was handed in an illegal meeting and hand over to the romans to carryout.
I know Jesus had to die and then rise again, but it doesn't excuse the secretcy and evilness that took place that crcified Jesus.

Common folks who believe Jesus is Lord and do his will, will eventually see the harlot for who she is. Even the brethern under her clutches.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Sorry so late on the reply- getting things prepared for passover tomorrow, yes Ripp, I mean Benjamin N or as he is better known as BB. Hope i did not throw you off. I really think he would make a better prime minister than sharon. Shalom

Lol, well maybe I'm wrong. This is crazy, we were just talking about this:

Netanyahu's aides say he'll run for PM
quote:
Finance Minister Binyamin Netanyahu intends to challenge Prime Minister Ariel Sharon for the Likud leadership and the premiership, no matter when the next Likud primary and general election will be held, sources close to Netanyahu told The Jerusalem Post this week.
Wow! I guess we will see what happens. Should be interesting. [Big Grin]

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 2 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You could say that thanks to your work for so many weeks, the attention of the whole world has been fixed on the basilica, on St. Peter's Square, and on the Apostolic Palace,
Soft Touch- This makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up? We have technology to reach the world with news quickly... the media did a good job of covering the late Pope's funeral... so the new pope is saying thank you. Give the guy (new pope) a break! [Wink]
Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read this story on FoxNews.com this morning... I don't know about you, but it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up [Wink]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154404,00.html

Pope Holds First Meeting With Journalists

quote:
Recalling that John Paul had been "a great artisan" of an "open and sincere" dialogue with the media that was started by the Second Vatican Council in the mid-1960s, Benedict said the media in the modern age has the capacity to reach "the whole of humanity."
quote:
You could say that thanks to your work for so many weeks, the attention of the whole world has been fixed on the basilica, on St. Peter's Square, and on the Apostolic Palace, inside of which my predecessor, the unforgettable John Paul II, serenely ended his earthly existence," the pope said.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sorry so late on the reply- getting things prepared for passover tomorrow, yes Ripp, I mean Benjamin N or as he is better known as BB. Hope i did not throw you off. I really think he would make a better prime minister than sharon. Shalom

You know, that's a good question and one that I've asked myself. He does seem to be in the news from time to time. If I had to guess, I'd say no. As fast as things are moving on Israel, and as fast as Sharon seems to be moving things to it's demise, I don't know if the brakes can be applied. The whole world is crying peace and pointing at Israel. With the big picture as it is, I only see things declining. I think a war in the Middle East is possible soon and could begin the final phase. Iran, Iraq, Syria...as far as I'm concerned, that area could blow at any minute. [Frown]

Pray for Israel! God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

P.S. I think he would do well. Of course, I think Kofi would do better than Sharon at this point. I Don't want this to sound bad but I can't stand to watch what he is doing to Israel. It's insanity IMHO. [Frown]

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Brother Ripp. This looks very significant indeed.

-

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

It may be practical in mans eyes, but not God's. And considering this is opening the door for the abomination, I think it's very relevant. [Wink]

"Therefore when you see the "abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. [Matthew 24:15-16]

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 6 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well.... considering I was in Jerusalem and some 'Christian Holy Sites' as recently as this morning, I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents... I'm in Tel Aviv now by the way...

Making parts of Jerusalem 'international' is a very practical idea, and end times theology doesn't have to be forced on everything that happens in Israel.

Considering the tension involved I can completely understand the idea of promoting tolerance and restricting freedoms related to firearms. There are rich and poor, Jews, Muslims, and Christians, all living side by side in their narrow minded beliefs. There are also historical sites (forget the religous significance for a moment) that need protection considering the high degree of fundamentalism involved on all sides. Remember the Taliban blowing up those buddist statues that were thousands of years old? It could happen in Jerusalem as well. Considering Catholisism's emphasis on traditions and symbols, then why would it be surprising at all that they have an 'agenda' in protecting these sites.

Israel has already given control of many sites, both Christian and Muslim, over to Christian and Muslim organizations.

Like most of my other posts on these issues, I come down on the 'less sensation' and more boring side of things... oh well...

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Article I – Establishment of The Holy Land Protectorate

1. Effective the first anniversary of the signing of this treaty, the areas currently known as Israel and Palestine shall be named and known as The Holy Land Protectorate (HLP). No nation which subscribes to this treaty, modeled on the Antarctic treaty, shall either assert a claim of sovereignty in the region, or recognize such an assertion by any other nation.

2. The HLP shall be administered by a Governor General appointed by the signatories, under the auspices of the United Nations. Said Governor General will be advised eventually by a representative General Assembly. There will also be an independent Judiciary Service as described in Article IV. Current residents of the region will be issued United Nations passports and/or identity documents in exchange for those issued by the State of Israel or the Palestinian Authority.

Article IV – Governance

1. Governing Structures of The Holy Land Protectorate.

a. The Administration of the HLP, under the auspices of the Signatories acting within the framework of the United Nations, shall consist of three main branches: The Governor General (the executive), appointed by the Security Council of the U.N. and charged with maintaining peace, promoting development, and redressing grievances; an advisory Residents Assembly, to be elected to overlapping terms, proportionately representing residents of the HLP; and an independent Judiciary Service to oversee a code of civil and criminal law consistent with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The Housing Commission of the Judiciary Service, will have broad authority to arbitrate disputes regarding dwellings and other structures.

b. The Holy Land Protectorate shall be a demilitarized zone. Private ownership of firearms and explosives shall be prohibited. Law and order shall be maintained within the Protectorate by a multinational U.N. Police Force, reporting to the Governor General.

See the entire draft here

WOW! Look at 4b!

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Hey Ripp, do you think BB will become Prime Minister of Israel again? I sure think he made a good one in the past. Shalom

Do you mean Benjamin Netanyahu?
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ripp, do you think BB will become Prime Minister of Israel again? I sure think he made a good one in the past. Shalom
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

TROUBLE IN THE HOLY LAND
Jerusalem touted
as world's capital
Israel's Peres wants shrines under stewardship of U.N., Annan as mayor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 23, 2003
10:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Israeli opposition leader Shimon Peres, a former Israeli prime minister, is proposing Jerusalem be declared the capital of the world as a way of getting around competing Israeli and Arab claims to the city.

According to his spokesman, Yoram Dori, the dovish leader of Israel's opposition Labor Party suggested putting the important religious shrines in Jerusalem under United Nations stewardship. He said the holy sites in Jerusalem's walled Old City could be declared a "world capital."

The Maariv daily said Peres raised the idea Monday with visiting Russian officials.

The "world capital" idea appeared to be largely symbolic. According to Maariv, Peres proposed that the U.N. secretary-general be declared mayor, in which capacity he would appoint Jewish and Arab deputy mayors to administer the two sides' intertwined neighborhoods. Kofi Annan is the current secretary-general of the U.N.

The United Nations has in the past taken a position on Jerusalem, one of the most intractable issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Under a 1947 General Assembly resolution partitioning British mandatory Palestine into Jewish and Arab states, the city was to be internationalized, belonging to neither side.

During the 1948-49 war that followed Israel's creation, Israel seized the western part of the city and Jordan the eastern side, including the walled Old City with its Christian, Jewish and Muslim holy sites. In the 1967 Mideast war, Israel recaptured east Jerusalem – along with the West Bank and Gaza.

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's predecessor, Ehud Barak, offered the Palestinians limited sovereignty in Arab parts of Jerusalem and in most of the Old City – but the plan was rejected by Yasser Arafat, who launched an uprising that has claimed the lives of hundreds of Arabs and Jews. Barak lost a bid for re-election to Sharon.

Among the ideas reportedly considered during those talks were divine sovereignty or no sovereignty over the chief point of contention in the city – a holy site known by Jews as the Temple Mount and Muslims as Haram as-Sharif, where the Al Aqsa Mosque was built on the site of the biblical Jewish Temples.

Peres' 1996 election loss to Benjamin Netanyahu is partly attributed to Netanyahu's politically effective charge that Peres would divide Jerusalem. Peres was chosen to reassume the leadership of the opposition Labor Party after it again lost elections earlier this year.

Israel's Peres wants shrines under stewardship of U.N., Annan as mayor

-

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
ADDRESS OF THE HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II
TO H.E. MR. ODED BEN-HUR
NEW AMBASSADOR OF ISRAEL TO THE HOLY SEE

Monday 2 June 2003

Mr Ambassador,

I am pleased to welcome you to the Vatican and to accept the Letters of Credence appointing you Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the State of Israel to the Holy See. Your presence here today is a testimony to our common desire to work together to build a world of peace and security, not only in Israel and the Middle East, but in every part of the globe, for all peoples everywhere. This is a task which we undertake not alone but with the whole international community: indeed, perhaps unlike any time in the past, the entire human family today feels the urgent need to overcome violence and terror, to expunge intolerance and fanaticism, to usher in an era of justice, reconciliation and harmony among individuals, groups and nations. This need is probably nowhere more acutely felt than in the Holy Land.

Three years ago, during my Jubilee Year pilgrimage to the Holy Land, I remarked that "real peace in the Middle East will come only as a result of mutual understanding and respect between all the peoples of the region: Jews, Christians and Muslims. In this perspective, my pilgrimage is a pilgrimage of hope: the hope that the 21st century will lead to a new solidarity among the peoples of the world, in the conviction that development, justice and peace will not be attained unless they are attained by all" (Visit to Israeli President Ezer Weizman, 23 March 2000). It is precisely this hope and this concept of solidarity that must ever inspire all men and women — in the Holy Land and elsewhere — in working for a new world order based on harmonious relations and effective cooperation between peoples. This is mankind’s task for the new millennium, this is the only way to ensure a future of promise and light for all.

ADDRESS OF THE HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II TO H.E. MR. ODED BEN-HUR NEW AMBASSADOR OF ISRAEL TO THE HOLY SEE

Peace and security?! New world order?! Wha??? Anyone else catching on to this yet?!

HELLO!!!!
 -
Maranatha! [rapture]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see how this new Pope handles the New Order and will he accept or reject it. This is a good time to stayed prayed up. For Jesus could come back soon!
Thanks Bro. Ripp for keeping us informed.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Is NOBODY else going to respond to these articles?! I'm stunned! This needs to be looked at guys! Take the time, please! This is potentially VERY important. Please read all the posts. I mean, there is a letter from Pope John Paul II talking about "peace and security" and "new world order". Make time!

Ripp
unregistered

ROME- 15 September 2004

Israeli government minister meets Pope

Israeli Interior Minister Avraham Poraz, accompanied by Israeli Ambassador Oded Ben-Hur with advisors, visited the Pope at Castelgandolfo yesterday.

Before the audience, Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Angelo Sodano, met the delegatiohn. He told them that the position of the Holy See on peace, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and on the general situation in the Middle East was well-known to the Israeli government.

They discussed the Fundamental Agreement of 1993 and the Legal Personality Agreement of 1997 before speaking about the issue of entrance visas to Israel for Catholic religious personnel.

Mr Poraz gave assurances that matters would be resolved "in a satisfactory way."

During the meeting they also talked about the progress of negotiations underway in Jerusalem for the realization of an agreement that defines the fiscal questions of ecclesiastical institutions in Israel.

Source: VIS

© Independent Catholic News 2004

Israeli government minister meets Pope

[Eek!]

I don't think this is finalized yet!

Ripp
unregistered

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate." [Daniel 9:27]

But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. [1 Thessalonians 5:1-3]

Ripp
unregistered

Guys! I don't think this is "official" yet. Could THIS be THE covenant??

quote:
David Jaeger: This is part of the general failure to give actual force to the fundamental agreement of 1993. That agreement which guarantees the right of the church to deploy her own personnel according to her own needs, that agreement has not yet been made into Israeli law, nor has the subsequent agreement on the legal personality of church institutions signed in 1997 been made into Israeli law. Hence neither agreement can be enforced in the courts. The issue of entry and residence permits for church personnel is scheduled to be negotiated among others, and these negotiations and this agreement have not yet happened. In the meantime though, traditionally for 56 years or so, the State never created any substantial problems in the granting of entry and residence visas until about two years ago. In the very last few weeks, thanks to massive international pressure, more visas have begun to be granted, and the immediate pressure has been relieved.

Stephen Crittenden: What is the status then? How healthy is the fundamental agreement as of this moment?

David Jaeger: The jury is still out on that. Just again in the last few weeks, the Israeli government has agreed to resume negotiations on an agreement on taxation on church property, negotiations from which the government walked away about a year ago. That is a positive development. How positive it will prove to be will entirely depend on the degree of international interest and support.

Israel and the Vatican

quote:
The Holy See and the State of Israel declare their respective commitment to the promotion of the peaceful resolution of conflicts among States and nations, excluding violence and terror from international life.
Could this be IT? [Eek!]

Ripp
unregistered

ADDRESS OF THE HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II
TO H.E. MR. ODED BEN-HUR
NEW AMBASSADOR OF ISRAEL TO THE HOLY SEE

Monday 2 June 2003

Mr Ambassador,

I am pleased to welcome you to the Vatican and to accept the Letters of Credence appointing you Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the State of Israel to the Holy See. Your presence here today is a testimony to our common desire to work together to build a world of peace and security, not only in Israel and the Middle East, but in every part of the globe, for all peoples everywhere. This is a task which we undertake not alone but with the whole international community: indeed, perhaps unlike any time in the past, the entire human family today feels the urgent need to overcome violence and terror, to expunge intolerance and fanaticism, to usher in an era of justice, reconciliation and harmony among individuals, groups and nations. This need is probably nowhere more acutely felt than in the Holy Land.

I would further express the fervent hope that this climate of cooperation and friendship will allow us to deal effectively with other difficulties that the Catholic faithful in the Holy Land face on a daily basis. Many of these problems, such as access to Christian shrines and holy sites, the isolation and suffering of Christian communities, the dwindling of the Christian population due to emigration, are in some way connected to the current conflict, but that should not discourage us from seeking possible remedies now, from working now to meet these challenges.

Three years ago, during my Jubilee Year pilgrimage to the Holy Land, I remarked that "real peace in the Middle East will come only as a result of mutual understanding and respect between all the peoples of the region: Jews, Christians and Muslims. In this perspective, my pilgrimage is a pilgrimage of hope: the hope that the 21st century will lead to a new solidarity among the peoples of the world, in the conviction that development, justice and peace will not be attained unless they are attained by all" (Visit to Israeli President Ezer Weizman, 23 March 2000). It is precisely this hope and this concept of solidarity that must ever inspire all men and women — in the Holy Land and elsewhere — in working for a new world order based on harmonious relations and effective cooperation between peoples. This is mankind’s task for the new millennium, this is the only way to ensure a future of promise and light for all.

ADDRESS OF THE HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II TO H.E. MR. ODED BEN-HUR NEW AMBASSADOR OF ISRAEL TO THE HOLY SEE

Peace and security?! New world order?! Wha??? Anyone else catching on to this yet?!

[Eek!] [Eek!] [rapture]

Ripp
unregistered

Israel-Vatican The Vatican-Israel Accords – Political, Legal & Theological Contexts

quote:
As indicated, it was a complicated task to find an appropriate designation under Israeli law for the legal status of the Catholic Church, its structure and institutions, which would be acceptable to both parties. While the Church's institutions and communities in Israel are indeed subject to the laws of the State, they nevertheless derive their internal authority and structure from Rome. The Vatican sought to have this structure and its authority recognized as such by the State of Israel - something that is arguably without parallel or precedent. However, the juridical agreement did just that and gave legal recognition to the Church's internal structure, strengthening her control of her own institutions in Israel.18 This is undoubtedly a historic achievement for the Catholic Church, as no ruling authority in the Holy Land - in particular non-Christian - has ever granted any Church such de jure recognition. In effect, this agreement concerning the Church's legal status, is recognition on the part of the State of Israel of the Holy See's historic standing and inherent stake in the Holy Land.
[Eek!]

Ripp
unregistered

MFA MFA Library 1990_1999 1997 Nov Remarks on Signing of Legal Personality Agreement-

Remarks on Signing of Legal Personality Agreement- State of Israel-Holy See

10 Nov 1997

Legal Personality Agreement between the State of Israel and the Holy See
Remarks by Foreign Minister David Levy at the Ceremony Marking the Signing of the Legal Personality Agreement

Jerusalem
10 November 1997

Ladies and gentlemen,

We are gathered here today to bring to a successful conclusion an effort that has lasted three years and to bask in its product: an Agreement that sets forth the legal status of the Catholic Church and its institutions within the judicial system of the State of Israel. This Agreement is unique in the way it sets forth the status of religious institutions; very few agreements in other countries resemble it.

Despite its uniqueness, the Agreement emphasizes the ordinary. It provides for practical application of the Fundamental Agreement between the Holy See and the State of Israel and is a commendable first step on the long road to normalization of relations. The process itself was long, as might have been expected, considering the gravity of the task and the need to find solutions that would satisfy both sides. The negotiations were conducted seriously, based on mutual respect, determination, and inspiration. For this both negotiating teams, especially the Israeli one, deserve congratulations.

This signing also constitutes an irrefutable reply to those who unjustly ascribed the duration of the negotiations to unseemly intentions on the part of Israel. The gravity of the problems mandated fundamental discussions and examinations in order to arrive at an Agreement that had eluded all other Governments in the history of the State of Israel.

In this spirit of good faith, interreligious cooperation and understanding, and brotherhood, I congratulate everyone present and everyone who labored for this Agreement.

Let us join together in toasting the Agreement.

Remarks by Monsignor Andrea Cordero Lanza di Montezemolo Apostolic Nuncio in Israel at the Ceremony Marking the Signing of the Legal Personality Agreement
Jerusalem
10 November 1997

Mr. Minister,
Dear Friends and Colleages,

It is a great pleasure for me to address these few words to you today on the occasion of the signing of the Legal Personality Agreement which grants civil effects within Israeli law and wherever Israeli legislation is enforced for the juridical persons of the Catholic Church that have been, or will be, established according to the norms of canon law.

I am very happy that this Agreement has been signed, because it marks a further step in the process of normalization of relations between the Holy See and the State of Israel. The normalization process reached a significant stage with the signing of the Fundamental Agreement on December 31, 1993 and with the establishment of full diplomatic relations in 1994. This Legal Personality Agreement was already envisaged by the Fundamental Agreement and is therefore a most welcome step. But it is not the end of the process. I see this Agreement as a platform, the legal basis, if you like, on which further issues of mutual interest can and must be clarified. I am referring, among other items, to financial and fiscal matters that need to be streamlined. I hope that, once this accord will be implemented, we can immediately proceed with this important next step. Another agreement that is also envisaged is one of a cultural nature where other issues need to be agreed upon. I hope that the signing of today's Agreement will give the necessary impetus to the realization of these goals.

As those of you who worked on the drafting of the text well know, the Agreement is a short but very complex document, carefully crafted by our respective experts. As one who was present at all the meetings, I can assure you that every word has been meticulously chosen.

In conclusion, allow me, ladies and gentlemen, to express my sincere appreciation and admiration for the excellent work undertaken by our colleagues both in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in other state offices who helped in the drafting of this agreement. While, as I have just said, given the nature of things, this is a very satisfying experience for me personally and for my own team to work with persons of such a high caliber.

My warm thanks to my own commission members: to those of you here present and to those who are unable to be with us today. I thank all of you very sincerely for your competence, skill and enthusiasm. May this Agreement, the fruit of our joint labors, serve the good of the Catholic Church in Israel and strengthen the relations between the Holy See and this beloved land.

Thank you.

Remarks on Signing

Ripp
unregistered

This is incredible! I can't believe more people haven't responded to this yet! Anyone else recognize the significance of these documents?!

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Did you catch this name? [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by rancan6776:

On April 15th, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, one of the highest ranking diplomats at The Vatican, visits Israel for the first time but only meets with Jerusalem Mayor Teddy Kollek.

I did and I find that interesting but I'm not sure how to verify that. I can't find any paper on that visit. The older meetings are going to be hard to document but the recent ones might be possible. [Wink]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Did you catch this name? [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by rancan6776:

On April 15th, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, one of the highest ranking diplomats at The Vatican, visits Israel for the first time but only meets with Jerusalem Mayor Teddy Kollek.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

I'm no attorney but it looks like the Catholic Church can go and annex parts of the Holy Land. I can't believe my eyes! Israel signed away God's land! [Frown]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

WOW Bro! [Eek!]

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Ok, I found site I can copy from. Here is the 1997 agreement:

Agreement between the State of Israel and the Holy See

Pursuant to Article 383 of the Fundamental Agreement between the State of Israel and the Holy See (also referred to as the "Legal Personality Agreement")

November 10, 1997

Article 1

This Agreement is made on the basis of the provisions of the "Fundamental Agreement between the State of Israel and the Holy See", which was signed on 30 December 1993, and then entered into force on 10 March 1994 (hereinafter: the Fundamental Agreement").

Article 2

Recalling that the Holy See is the Sovereign Authority of the Catholic Church, the State of Israel agrees to assure full effect law to the legal personality of the Catholic Church itself.

Article 3

1. The state of Israel agrees to assure full effect in Israeli law, in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, to the legal personality of the following:

(a) these Eastern Catholic Patriarchates: the Greek Melkite Catholic, the Syrian Catholic, the Maronite, the Chaldean, the Armenian Catholic (hereinafter: the "Eastern Catholic Patriarchates:).

(b) the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, id est the Latin Patriarchal Diocese of Jerusalem. (c) the present Dioceses, of the Eastern Catholic Patriarchates. (d) new Dioceses, wholly in Israel, Eastern Catholic or Latin, as may exit from time to time. (e) the "assembly, of the Catholic Ordinaries of the Holy Land".

2.The Holy See state, for the avoidance of doubt, that the listing in does not prejudice in any way established order of personal of the Heads of the various entities, according to their personal rank and as it id fixed by traditional usage and accepted by them.

3. For the avoidance of doubt, it is stated that the question of assuring full effect in Israel law to the legal personality of any new cross-border Diocese is left open.

4. For the purposes of this Agreement a Parish is an integral part of the respective Diocese, and without affecting its status under the canon law, will not acquire a separate legal personality under Israeli law. A Diocese may, subject to the canon law, authorise its Parishes to act on its behalf, in such matters and under such terms, as it may determine.

5. In this Agreement, "Diocese" includes its synonyms or equivalents.

Article 4

The State of Israel agrees to assure full effect in Israeli law, in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, to the legal personality of the Custody of the Holy Land.

Article 5

The State of Israel agrees to assure full effect in Israeli law, in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, to the legal personality of the following, as the exist from time to time in Israel:

(a) the Pontifical institutes of Consecrated Life of the kinds that exist in the Catholic Church, and such of their Provinces or Houses as the Institute concerned may cause to be certified.

(b) other official entities of the Catholic Church.

Article 6

1. For the purposes of this Agreement, the Legal persons referred to in Articles 3-5 (hereinafter, in this Article: "legal person"), being established under the canon law, are deemed to have been created according to the legislation of the Holy See, being Sovereign in international law.

2. (a) The law which governs any legal transaction or other legal acts in Israel between any legal person and any party shall be the law of the State of Israel, subject to the provisions of sub-paragraph(b). (b) Any matter concerning the identity of the head, of the presiding officer or of any other official or functionary of a legal person, or their authority or their powers to act on behalf of the legal person, is governed by the canon law.

(c) Without derogation from the general of sub-paragraph (b). certain kinds of transactions by a legal person concerning immovable property or certain other kinds of property, depend on a prior written permission of the Holy See in accordance with its written Decisions as issued from time to time. Public access to the aforesaid Decisions will be in accordance with the Implementation Provisions.

3. (a) Any dispute concerning an internal ecclesiastical matter between a member, official of functionary if a legal person and any person, whether the member, official or functionary belongs to it or not, or between legal persons, shall be determined in accordance with the canon law, in a judicial or administrative ecclesiastical forum.

(b) For the avoidance of doubt it is stated that the provisions of #2 (a) shall not apply to disputes referred to in the above sub-paragraph (a).

4. For the avoidance of doubt, it is stated: (a) a legal person, whose legal personality is given full effect in Israel, is deemed to have consented to sue and be sued before a judicial or administrative forum in Israel, if that is the proper forum under Israeli law. (b) Sub-paragraph (a) does not derogate from provision in Articles 6-9.

Article 7

The application of this Agreement to any legal person is without prejudice to any of its rights or obligations previously created.

Article 8

1. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as supporting an argument that any of the legal persons to which this Agreement applies had not been a legal person prior to this Agreement.

2. If a party makes a claim that such a legal person had not been a legal person in Israel law prior to this Agreement, that party shall bear the burden of proof.

Article 9

Should a question with regard to the cannon law arise in any matter before a Court or forum other than in a forum of the Catholic Church, it shall be regarded as a question of fact.

Article 10

The terms "ecclesiastical" and "canon law" refer to the catholic Church and its Law.

Article 11

1. Without derogating from any provision, declaration or statement in the fundamental Agreement, the ecclesiastical legal persons in existence at the time of the entry of this Agreement into force deemed as being legal persons in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, if listed in the ANNEXES to this Agreement , which are specified in #4.

2. The ANNEXES from , for all intents and purposes, an integral part of this Agreement.

3. The ANNEXES will include the official name, respective date or year of establishment in the Catholic Church, a local address and, if the head office is abroad, also its address.

4. (a) ANNEX I lists the legal persons to which Article 3 1 (a, b, c, e) and Article 4 apply, as the case may be:

(b) ANNEX II lists the legal persons to which Article 5 (a) applies.

(c) ANNEX III lists the legal persons to which Article 5 (b) applies.

Article 12

The other matters on which the Parties have agrees are included in the Schedule to this Agreement , named "Implementation Provisions". Which forms, for all intents and purpose, an integral part of this Agreement, and references to the Agreement include the Schedule.

Article 13

This Agreement shall enter into force on the date of the latter notification of ratification by a party.

Done in two original copies in the Hebrew and English languages, both texts being equally authentic, In case of divergence, the English text shall prevail, except where explicitly provided otherwise in the Schedule.

Signed in Jerusalem this 10 th day of the month of November in the year 1997

which corresponds to the 10 th day of the month of Heshvan in the year 5758.

Agreement between the State of Israel and the Holy See

This is insanity!

Ripp
unregistered

Um...

This isn't looking good. I'm finding some bread crumbs here. I am unable to copy and paste from their government site so I will add the link.

Legal Personality Agreement 10 Nov 1997

I'm no attorney but from I read at that link I'd say Israel is in grave danger. [Frown] Let us keep Israel in our prayers. I never thought to look at Israel as a major partner in it's own demise, but it's all in writing.

Ripp
unregistered

Preamble
The Holy See and the State of Israel,
Mindful of the singular character and universal significance of the Holy Land;

Aware of the unique nature of the relationship between the Catholic Church and the Jewish people, and of the historic process of reconciliation and growth in mutual understanding and friendship between Catholics and Jews;

Having decided on 29 July 1992 to establish a 'Bilateral Permanent Working Commission', in order to study and define together issues of common interest, and in view of normalizing their relations;

Recognizing that the work of the aforementioned Commission has produced sufficient material for a first and Fundamental Agreement;

Realizing that such Agreement will provide a sound and lasting basis for the continued development of their present and future relations and for the furtherance of the Commission's task,

Agree upon the following Articles:

Article 1
The State of Israel, recalling its Declaration of Independence, affirms its continuing commitment to uphold and observe the human right to freedom of religion and conscience, as set forth In the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in other international instruments to which it is a party.

The Holy See, recalling the Declaration on Religious Freedom of the Second Vatican Ecumenical Council, 'Dignitatis humanea', affirms the Catholic Church's commitment to uphold the human right to freedom of religion and conscience, as set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in other international instruments to which it is a party. The Holy See wishes to affirm as well the Catholic Church's respect for other religions and their followers as solemnly stated by the Second Vatican Ecumenical Council in its Declaration on the Relation of the Church to Non-Christian Religions, 'Nostra aetate'.

Article 2
The Holy See and the State of Israel are committed to appropriate cooperation in combatting all forms of antisemitism and all kinds of racism and of religious intolerance, and in promoting mutual understanding among nations, tolerance among communities and respect for human life and dignity.

The Holy See takes this occasion to reiterate its condemnation of hatred, persecution and all other manifestations of antisemitism directed against the Jewish people and individual Jews anywhere, at any time and by anyone. In particular, the Holy See deplores attacks on Jews and desecration of Jewish synagogues and cemeteries, acts which offend the memory of the victims of the Holocaust, especially when they occur in the same places which witnessed it.

Article 3
The Holy See and the State of Israel recognize that both are free in the exercise of their respective rights and powers, and commit themselves to respect this principle in their mutual relations and in their cooperation for the good of the people.

The State of Israel recognizes the right of the Catholic Church to carry out its religious, moral, educational and charitable functions, and to have its own institutions, and to train, appoint and deploy its own personnel in the said institutions or for the said functions to these ends. The Church recognizes the right of the State to carry out its functions, such as promoting and protecting the welfare and the safety of the people. Both the State and the Church recognize the need for dialogue and cooperation in such matters as by their nature call for it.

Concerning Catholic legal personality at canon law the Holy See and the State of Israel will negotiate on giving it full effect in Israeli law, following a report from a joint subcommission of experts.

Article 4
The State of Israel affirms its continuing commitment to maintain and respect the 'Status quo' in the Christian Holy Places to which it applies and the respective rights of the Christian communities thereunder. The Holy See affirms the Catholic Church's continuing commitment to respect the aforementioned 'Status quo' and the said rights.

The above shall apply notwithstanding an interpretation to the contrary of any Article in this Fundamental Agreement.

The State of Israel agrees with the Holy See on the obligation of continuing respect for and protection of the character proper to Catholic sacred places, such as churches, monasteries, convents, cemeteries and their like.

The State of Israel agrees with the Holy See on the continuing guarantee of the freedom of Catholic worship.

Article 5
The Holy See and the State of Israel recognize that both have an interest in favouring Christian pilgrimages to the Holy Land. Whenever the need for coordination arises, the proper agencies of the Church and of the State will consult and cooperate as required.

The State of Israel and the Holy See express the hope that such pilgrimages will provide an occasion for better understanding between the pilgrims and the people and religions in Israel.

Article 6
The Holy See and the State of Israel jointly reaffirm the right of the Catholic Church to establish, maintain and direct schools and institutes of study at all levels; this right being exercised in harmony with the rights of the State in the field of education.

Article 7
The Holy See and the State of Israel recognize a common interest in promoting and encouraging cultural exchanges between Catholic institutions worldwide, and educational, cultural and research institutions In Israel, and in facilitating access to manuscripts, historical documents and similar source materials, in conformity with applicable laws and regulations.

Article 8
The State of Israel recognizes that the right of the Catholic Church to freedom of expression in the carrying out of its functions is exercised also through the Church's own communications media; this right being exercised in harmony with the rights of the State in the field of communications media.

Article 9
The Holy See and the State of Israel jointly reaffirm the right of the Catholic Church to carry out its charitable functions through its health care and social welfare institutions, this right being exercised in harmony with the rights of the State in this field.

Article 10
The Holy See and the State of Israel jointly reaffirm the right of the Catholic Church to property.

Without prejudice to rights relied upon by the Parties:

The Holy See and the State of Israel will negotiate in good faith a comprehensive agreement, containing solutions acceptable to both Parties, on unclear, unsettled and disputed issues, concerning property, economic and fiscal matters relating to the Catholic Church generally, or to specific Catholic Communities or institutions.
For the purpose of the said negotiations, the Permanent Bilateral Working Commission will appoint one or more bilateral subcommissions of experts to study the issues and make proposals.
The Parties intend to commence the aforementioned negotiations within three months of entry into force of the present Agreement, and aim to reach agreement within two years from the beginning of the negotiations.
During the period of these negotiations, actions incompatible with these commitments shall be avoided.

Article 11
The Holy See and the State of Israel declare their respective commitment to the promotion of the peaceful resolution of conflicts among States and nations, excluding violence and terror from international life.

The Holy See, while maintaining in every case the right to exercise its moral and spiritual teaching-office, deems it opportune to recall that, owing to its own character, it is solemnly committed to remaining a stranger to all merely temporal conflicts, which principle applies specifically to disputed territories and unsettled borders.

Article 12
The Holy See and the State of Israel will continue to negotiate in good faith in pursuance of the Agenda agreed upon in Jerusalem, on 15 July 1992, and confirmed at the Vatican, on 29 July 1992; likewise on issues arising from Articles of the present Agreement, as well as on other issues bilaterally agreed upon as objects of negotiation.

Article 13
In this Agreement the Parties use these terms in the following sense:

The Catholic Church and the Church - including, inter alia, its Communities and institutions,
Communities of the Catholic Church - meaning the Catholic religious entities considered by the Holy See as Churches sui juris and by the State of Israel as Recognized Religious Communities;
The State of Israel and the State - including, inter alia, its authorities established by law.

Notwithstanding the validity of this Agreement as between the Parties, and without detracting from the generality of any applicable rule of law with reference to treaties, the Parties agree that this Agreement does not prejudice rights and obligations arising from existing treaties between either Party and a State or States, which are known and in fact available to both Parties at the time of the signature of this Agreement.

Article 14
Upon signature of the present Fundamental Agreement and in preparation for the establishment of full diplomatic relations, the Holy See and the State of Israel exchange Special Representatives, whose rank and privileges are specified in an Additional Protocol.

Following the entry into force and immediately upon the beginning of the implementation of the present Fundamental Agreement, the Holy See and the State of Israel will establish full diplomatic relations at the level of Apostolic Nunciature, on the part of the Holy See, and Embassy, on the part of the State of Israel.

Article 15
This Agreement shall enter into force on the date of the latter notification of ratification by a Party.

Done in two original copies in the English and Hebrew languages, both texts being equally authentic. In case of divergency, the English text shall prevail.

Signed in Jerusalem, this thirtieth day of the month of December, in the year 1993, which corresponds to the sixteenth day of the month of Tevet, in the year 5754.

FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE STATE OF ISRAEL

FOR THE HOLY SEE

Additional Protocol
In relation to Art. 14 (1) of the Fundamental Agreement, signed by the Holy See and the State of Israel, the 'Special Representatives' shall have, respectively, the personal rank of Apostolic Nuncio and Ambassador.

These Special Representatives shall enjoy all the rights, privileges and immunities granted to Heads of Diplomatic Missions under international law and common usage, on the basis of reciprocity.

The Special Representative of the State of Israel to the Holy See, while residing In Italy, shall enjoy all the rights, privileges and immunities defined by Art. 12 of the Treaty of 1929 between the Holy See and Italy, regarding Envoys of Foreign Governments to the Holy See residing in Italy. The rights, privileges and immunities extended to the personnel of a Diplomatic Mission shall likewise be granted to the personnel of the Israeli Special Representative's Mission. According to an established custom, neither the Special Representative, nor the official members of his Mission, can at the same time be members of Israel's Diplomatic Mission to Italy.

The Special Representative of the Holy See to the State of Israel may at the same time exercise other representative functions of the Holy See and be accredited to other States. He and the personnel of his Mission shall enjoy all the rights, privileges and immunities granted by Israel to Diplomatic Agents and Missions.

The names, rank and functions of the Special Representatives will appear, in an appropriate way, in the official lists of Foreign Missions accredited to each Party.

Signed in Jerusalem, this thirtieth day of the month of December, in the year 1993, which corresponds to the sixteenth day of the month of Tevet, in the year 5754.

FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE STATE OF ISRAEL

FOR THE HOLY SEE

Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Ripp
unregistered

Very interesting. I'm in the process of researching some of this but there aren't any links in the article to confirm any of this. I have confirmed the agreement although I need to look it over to see if it says what he claims. Does anyone have links to any of these claims from the article? If so, please list them. I would like to dig a little deeper on this. I'm going to look over that agreement from the IMOFA website in a few. If what is posted is true, then we are indeed very close.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! VERY Interesting Article! Thanks for posting that! It seems to back up a lot of things that are being said by certain "New Age" groups:

Here is something that was posted on the other message board I'm a member of about how the New Agers view this next pope (according to Malachy’s prophecies). Keep in mind that the New Age Christ is Maitraya and not Jesus of Nazareth:

http://www.article-emporium.com/world-affairs-5687.htm

De Gloria Olivae : the mission of the next Pope

(From the top of the article):

“The next Pope, “De Gloria Olivae”, has the duty to accelerate the convergence of the “Religions of the Book” (the olive tree).

Religions in harmony are the unique path to Peace (the olive branch).

Peace is the unique path to Sustainable Development (the Age of Glory for Humanity).”

(From the bottom of the article):

“Who we are

De Gloria Olivae is a tribune for testimony and hope. It promotes the convergence of religions, spiritual awareness, Peace, and sustainable development. It is not related to any specific religion or faith and it advocates tolerance for all opinions and creeds.

Our name, De Gloria Olivae, is a clear reference to the Prophecy of the Popes attributed to Malachy. This reference is not from a religious or prophetic perspective but we use it

- to create a wake-up call that humanity needs to change urgently (Malachy’s list of Popes is coming to a quick end…)

- to urge all human religions to break down the walls that isolate them without real protection, to converge instead of diverging, to combine instead of divding, to cease being a cause of war and destruction and to become a common platform to guide the whole humanity with tolerance towards true spirituality

- to symbolize the need for mysticism and religion to take an active participating role in creating a better spiritual and material world”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Now, here’s an article that I posted on the other board about a month ago:

My Title: When Maitreya makes his appearance
http://www.cuttingedge.org/articles/RC104.htm

TITLE: THE POPE IS DECLARED TO BE A "PROPER RECEPTOR TO THE NEW AGE CHRIST [ANTICHRIST]!

Subtitle: The Director of the House of Theosophy, Bill Lambert, declares that the Roman Catholic Pope is going to be a "proper receptor" to the Antichrist and will be the Supreme Leader of the new global religion of the Antichrist. This part of the New World Order Plan labels the Pope as the Biblical False Prophet.

In early August, 1991, John [a former member of the World Wide Church of God and the House of Theosophy], called to tell me that the New England Director of the House of Theosophy, Bill Lambert, was holding a seminar at the Boston headquarters. The name of this seminar, " POSSIBLE AND PROBABLE EVENTS IN THE FUTURE" really piqued my interest!! John said that Bill Lambert was one of the major players in the New World Order Planning, because the House of Theosophy has always been such a major player since Madame Blavatsky had founded it in 1875.

John said that Lambert still considered him a member, so he could get in, with me as his guest. John asked me to keep my identity as a Christian a secret, and just listen and take notes. The revelations were astounding, not only for their actual content, but because their plans fulfilled Bible prophecy. Much of what he revealed showed that the Time of the End was truly upon us.

Lambert revealed many points, only one of which we will mention here. For a complete discussion of my notes of this seminar, read NEWS1052, "Seminar Notes: House of Theosophy, 8/18/91"] Lambert revealed the circumstances under which the New World Order Religion was to be established, finally drawing all the world's existing religions into one. He further revealed who was the top leader chosen to lead this global religious behemoth. Of course, this leader would automatically be the False Prophet, of which Revelation 13 tells us much. To my knowledge, this represented the first time anyone had revealed who the False Prophet was planned to be.

(Link to Article NEWS1052:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1052.html )

Lambert also revealed the importance of the appearance of Antichrist, and some of the signs and wonders which will precede his appearing. Lambert speaks with unusual authority in these Plans because he served on the New World Order planning committee entitled, "The New Jerusalem Covenant Project", a planning document which details the exact way in which the Antichrist will arise, establishing his global economy, government, and religion. Antichrist will be uniquely aided in his effort to establish a One-World Religion by a religious leader of great renown. This leader will already be recognized as a global religious authority, and will act in concert with Antichrist.

This fact is of HUGE importance, because such a religious leader would fulfill all the Biblical requirements for the False Prophet of Revelation 13. Who does Lambert say will be this global religious leader, who supports Antichrist so completely?

The Roman Catholic Pope!

. Remember, Lambert is revealing details of a human plan, created in cooperation with supernatural 'Guiding Spirits' to establish the New World Order. They have no idea that their Plan simply and accurately fulfills Bible prophecy.

Listen to Lambert : "Sometime between 1985-2010, the following scenario will unfold, depending only on the right set of circumstances: The Moslem and Jewish areas in Jerusalem will be combined with Christian to create the New Jerusalem Covenant. At the proper moment in history, the Pope will visit the combined Jewish/Christian/Moslem sector of Jerusalem to announce that all religions should be combined into one. This action will then finally break the Middle East logjam."

Notice that Lambert identifies the Roman Catholic Pope as the religious leader who will act at the "right moment in history" to unify all the religions of the world into One World Religion, with himself as the top leader. This fact, folks, labels the Pope as the False Prophet!

Then, Lambert speaks about the coming staged appearance of Antichrist. We encourage you to read this section in detail, for many small details concerning the actual appearance of Antichrist are given in NEWS1052 that are not available anywhere else.

Lambert then spoke of the preparation of the hearts of the peoples of the world when Antichrist arises.

"When Lord Maitreya makes his appearance, there will be three types of people:

1. Those whose consciousness has been properly raised so they can readily accept him;

2. Those whose consciousness has been raised somewhat but not so high that they
can readily and immediately accept him, but they might be able to accept him after
further enlightenment;

3. Those who will never accept him."

Then I raised my hand to ask Lambert specifically about the Pope. Will the Pope be a "proper receptor" to Lord Maitreya [Antichrist] when Maitreya arises? Lambert's answer was that, yes, the Pope will be a "proper receptor" to Lord Maitreya when he arises to present himself to the world as The Christ [Antichrist].

(The article goes on but that’s the part I wanted to share).
~ ~ ~

In the NEWS article mentioned about, the Timing of the Rapture is discussed by Lambert! Check this out:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1052.html

Snippet from middle of article (which is also contained above in partial form)
This is Bill Lambert speaking of Maitraya’s appearance as the ‘christ’

“NOTE: MINUTES BEFORE THE ANTICHRIST ARISES, SOME SUPERNATURAL SOUND WILL BE HEARD, AND SPIRITUALLY FELT, BY EVERYBODY ON THE PLANET, SIMULTANEOUSLY. AT NO OTHER MOMENT IN WORLD HISTORY WILL SO MANY PEOPLE BE IMPACTED AT ONCE. THIS ACTION IS DESIGNED TO GET EVERYONE LOOKING AROUND AND UPWARD, AS TO WHAT CAUSED THIS SOUND. THEN, WITH EVERYONE'S ATTENTION AROUSED, IMAGES OF ANTICHRIST WILL APPEAR SIMULTANEOUSLY OVER THE ENTIRE EARTH, SPEAKING TO MANKIND, EACH IN HIS OWN LANGUAGE. THE "SIGNS AND WONDERS" WILL HAVE BEGUN.

* "Energies want to flow from the Hierarchy to earth to produce the physical manifestation of the Christ; but, such flow can only occur when humanity raises its collective consciousness to be properly awakened receptors." (Page 617-618, Externalisation of the Hierarchy, paraphrased by Mr. Lambert).

At this point, I raised my hand to ask Mr. Lambert, 'You spoke earlier about the Pope going to Jerusalem; when Lord Maitreya makes his appearance, there will be three types of people:

1. Those whose consciousness has been properly raised so they can readily accept him;

2. Those whose consciousness has been raised somewhat but not so high that they can readily and immediately accept him, but they might be able to accept him after further enlightenment;

3. Those who will never accept him.' (Note from ST: That would be the True Christians!)

I continued:

'What responsibility do the leaders of the world's religions have toward those members of their flock who are of group number two? Will they step forward to publicly urge group number two people to accept the Christ?'

Bill's answer was that the acceptance of the Christ was completely an individual affair.

I then tried again to get Bill to state that one of the leaders of the world's religion would step forward to play the role of the Biblical False Prophet. I said, 'Back to the Pope for a moment, Bill. You stated that, at the right moment, the Pope would go to Jerusalem. Surely the Pope is a proper receptor to the Christ'

At this point, Bill nodded his head affirmatively that the Pope was a proper receptor to the Christ. This is the most direct acknowledgement by a influential person involved in the planning for the appearance of Christ that the current Pope is ready and waiting for the appearance of The Christ. This acknowledgement also points to the Roman Catholic Pope as the False Prophet, because Bill stated, very pointedly, that the preparation for the New World Order religion was being paved by the Ecumenical Movement, which is being spear-headed by the Pope.

Bill then explained the fate of those members of Group #3, those whose personal consciousness was not now, nor could ever be, raised sufficiently to accept the Christ. Bill likened them to a person who had spent his entire life in a totally darkened room. If a sudden, intense light were to shine into this room, the person's eyes would not be able to endure the light. The person would try to flee the light and go into another room which was dark. Persons of Group #3 will "elect to leave for another room". [Lambert's exact words]

At this point, I raised my hand and asked, 'How do these people do this, Bill? No one can simply declare his spirit to leave this world. Do these people commit suicide?' Bill answered emphatically, "NO". He said, "I do not know how it will happen, but these people will leave this dimension."

After much thought, I have concluded that Bill is talking about the Rapture of the Church. He refused to say that these people would be killed, and we know the Bible teaches that Anti-Christ will not begin killing Christians until the mid-point of the Great Tribulation. But, Bill is saying that the timing of the departure of the people of Group #3 is immediately after the appearance of the Christ; and the method of their leaving is mysteriously voluntary. I believe the Guiding Spirits of the New Age leaders have created this story as a means of explaining the world-wide Rapture of the Church. Thus, when the Rapture occurs, people will not credit God and will continue being deceived. “

(End of my quote of this article, but you can read the whole article(s) at the links provided)

--------------------

rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.joelbainerman.com/articles/vatican.asp

Israelis have probably never thought very much about what the Roman Catholic Church/The Vatican thinks about "end of days" theology. Jews themselves don't give much thought to what will happen when "Gog and Magog" takes place. Jews don't go in for anything the least bit "next world" but instead are firmly planted in the here and know. That's good.

However it doesn't matter what Jews think, what matters is what The Vatican believes, and why it believes this. Judaism, and modern Jewish thought pretty much just dismisses the basic tenets of Catholicism outright and doesn't even bother addressing the core questions of what is behind "Catholic theological claims."

Instead of taking what they believe seriously, we tend to snicker amongst ourselves when we see those pictures of obscure rituals and ceremonies, and think the whole religion is near pagan-like with the "eating of Holy Wafers" and "sprinkling of Baptism water" on people's heads. That may be true, but that doesn't matter. What matters is what they believe and what they plan to do about making their beliefs become a reality.

The institution of "The Vatican" is not understood by Israelis and Jews. The conventional wisdom you get from the spokespersons in Israeli government ministries and the conventional Israeli media is "both sides have great intentions to do good" and that's about it. When it comes to Israel's bi-lateral affairs, nothing much gets investigated by the Israeli media. Thus a secret deal could be done between the Vatican and the State of Israel and nobody in Israel would ever find out about it.

In fact, that is exactly what happened.

This essay will provide the background to that deal, as well as what the Vatican's intentions are regarding Israel and The Old City Of Jerusalem. It will reveal which Israeli politicians made certain commitments to The Vatican regarding the issue of sovereignty in the Old City of Jerusalem. These negotiations and meetings were all carried out in secret. During this time period, 1992-l995, the Oslo Accords was what got all the public's attention. Oslo was like "throwing sand in the eyes" of the public. The Vatican is where the real action was happening. Oslo seemed to be just the cover story. A "red herring", if you will.

What Does The Vatican Want?

It can't be that the Vatican is only interested in "access to their Holy Sites" in Jerusalem. They already have that as well as legal jurisdiction under Israeli law for their institutions and assets in Jerusalem. Also, when these "Holy Sites" were under the jurisdiction of the Jordanians from l948-l967, no Pope demanded the "internationalization of Jerusalem".

It is something else, which the Vatican wants. The Roman Catholic Church, need to have certain versions of events be played out for them to stand in front of mankind and proclaim: our Messiah has returned." Of course, to the Jews, this Messiah will be as false as the first one was supposed to be. Don't matter. This is the goal of the Vatican and this is what all Israelis need to worry about.

The Vatican/Roman Catholic's version of events is this:
They know this isn't the end of the story that the Jewish G-d had in mind, but that doesn't mean they won't try and engineer their own ending to the story. So what if it is fraudulent. Doesn't matter, that is their game plan and that is what matters and that is what Israeli Jews need to be better informed about. It is important for everyone to know what The Vatican have up its sleeve because it directly relates to our existence and our future destiny as an independent nation. This a very powerful force this is scheming to get control of the Old City of Jerusalem so you better know why and how the Vatican intends to do this. Once you have all the facts and the chronological record you will be better informed deal with this issue and of foreign control over Israel's political existence and destiny.

First, you have to realize that for centuries The Vatican has attempted to obtain control of Jerusalem, which started with the Crusades. For them to convince the world that the Messiah they put on the world's stage is going to be accepted as genuine, they need to perform this play in the Old City. The story of this production is that this "Messiah" will merge the three monotheistic religions, usher in peace and harmony in the world, and solve the Middle East conflict. The location for this "production" will be in none other than the Old City of Jerusalem.

This so-called "Messiah" that will be proclaimed, will be a false one and it will insist that by having a "world government" (i.e., the United Nations) the world peace and harmony will be ushered in. This will be a lie, and a fraud, but never mind. In our world, reality isn't important. Public perceptions are. The end result is the stripping of Israel's sovereignty as an independent nation giving way to a "regional bloc of nations" in the Middle East. Israel will be pressured to accede to these demands by all world bodies and the superpowers on the claim that "this is the only way to solve the Middle East conflict). In order to the Jews to go along they will convince them that with the "Messiah" having appeared for the Jews, it is time to start rebuilding the Third Temple- what they call "Solomon's Temple". This version of events is widely available through a simple search on the Internet as there are many Christian groups and organizations (the majority of which who are very pro-Israel) who don't buy into these beliefs and thus are against them. I didn't come up with the theory- I am just brining it to the attention of the Israeli public.

Make no mistake about it. The Old City of Jerusalem, as well as most of the eastern half of the city, is what The Vatican is after.

Why?

Because controlling the entire Old City of Jerusalem (and not just Church properties) and being able to build whatever they want on Mount Zion is critical for the program they have planned to put into play in our capital city. The deal that it has signed with Israel via Yossi Beilin and Shimon Peres (in secret and without the approval of the Knesset) gives The Church not only extraterritorial status to their properties (which is what the bi-lateral agreement the Israeli government signed with the Vatican on December 30th, 1993, put in law) but of control over the entire city as "custodians" under UN presence. In this way the Jews will give up control over the Old City. To the Vatican the Israeli people would have a problem with. To the UN, they would say, "we had no choice".

A Chronology Of The Attempt By The Vatican To Displace Israel From The Old City Of Jerusalem

The "Chronology of Events" for the Vatican's conquest of the Old City of Jerusalem is as follows- all of which can be verified via the sources of the information:

October 1991
On October 12th, the head of the World Jewish Congress, Edgar Bronfman, is appointed head of the International Jewish Committee of Inter-religious Consultation to conduct officials contacts with The Vatican and the State of Israel.

March 1992
On March 17th, Jerusalem Mayor Teddy Kollek says: "The Israeli government should meet the Vatican's demand to apply special status for Jerusalem."

April 1992
On April 1st, The Vatican announced that it "favors a Labor victory" in the June 1992 general elections in Israel.

June 1992
The story of The Catholic Church's attempt to abscond with the Old City of Jerusalem from the Jews begins in July 1992. According to the information on the Foreign Ministry website, literally from the moment the new Rabin-led Labor government took over from Yitzhak Shamir's defeated Likud party, secret talks with the Vatican and the State of Israel began. What precipitated these secret talks? Who arranged these talks, and why? Why were they kept secret from the Israeli public? What was the end result of these agreements? Where do they stand today? The entire subject of Israel's bi-lateral relations with the Vatican is intentionally kept locked away in secrecy. It is no wonder that nobody in Israel knows much about "Israel-Vatican relations" as it is never, ever reported on in the Israeli press.

The official story of the origins of Israel's "secret channel contacts" between Beilin's negotiating team and the Vatican comes about as a result of Shlomo Gur, a personal aide to Deputy Foreign Minister Yossi Beilin, who knew someone who put him in touch with Father David Jaeger. Father David Jaeger was president of the Catholic Court in Austin, Texas, and was brought up as an Israeli orthodox Jew who then converted to Catholicism and became a Father (not something that has happened to many Israelis who grew up Orthodox). From there, which according to the information on the Israel Foreign Ministry website was in July 1992 right after the new Rabin government took over power, nothing is known about the discussions until the agreement is signed on Dec. 30th, 1993. Nothing in the Israeli press. The info given on the actual agreement signed was very minimal and general in tone. This is probably one of the most important political contacts Israel has in the world's "power structure" yet it isn't reported on in the press. Thus no Israelis know about it. That is how it remains hidden.

November, l992
The document which was used as the underlying ideological basis for the Vatican's secret deal with Yossi Beilin and Shimon Peres was personally authored by Beilin. "The Illegitimacy of Israeli Sovereignty Over Jerusalem" outlines the Israeli government's program for the future of Jerusalem and calls for the division of the Old City into cantons whose border posts will be under UN control.

The plan which led to the December, 1993 agreement between The Vatican and the State of Israel was originally discussed in November 1992 at the exact same time the first meetings in London took place to discuss an agreement between Israel and the PLO which led to the Oslo Agreements. The real goal was the Vatican attempt to take over the Old City of Jerusalem. Oslo, or, "peace between Israel and the Palestinians" was just a good cover story to hide what was really going on in another sphere of Israel's foreign affairs.

September, 1993
On the 10th of September, just three days before the signing of the Oslo Accords Washington, the Italian newspaper La Stampa reported that then Foreign Minister Shimon Peres concluded a secret deal with the Vatican to hand over sovereignty of Jerusalem's Old City to the Vatican. the agreement and it was included in the secret clauses of the Declaration Of Principles signed on September 13th, 1993 in Washington, DC.

In the same week that Israeli Foreign Minister and chief Oslo architect Shimon Peres signed the Declaration of Principles with Yasser Arafat in Washington, the Israel-Vatican commission held a special meeting in Israel. Under the Vatican agreement the Israelis would give over control the Old City to the Vatican before the year 2000. The plan also calls for Jerusalem to become the second Vatican of the world with all three major religions represented but under the authority of the Vatican. Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel but the Old City will be administered by the Vatican.

Arafat agreed to the plan just before the famous "handshake" in 1993, but when he realized that the Vatican was also going to let Israel share in the temple mount, he rejected it. (To get Arafat and the Palestinians "on board", on February 14th, 2000, the PA did sign an agreement with the Vatican which recognized the Palestinians' claims to East Jerusalem. The outbreak of the "Al Asqa Intifada" seven months after this agreement was signed may have been part of the commitment Arafat gave the Vatican as to what he would do for him in return for the Vatican acknowledging Palestinians claims to East Jerusalem and the right to statehood. The violence in the Middle East serves the Catholic Church's interest especially if Jerusalem is the subject to discuss. By Arafat getting guarantees from the Vatican that no matter what he does the Europeans will not abandon him, then it makes sense for him to declare war on Israel in Sept 2000. The "Barak gave him everything at Camp David" is propaganda. Nothing was offered that the Knesset would have approved. The intifada could only have happened if Arafat had gotten assurances from major European powers that he would survive. The agreement on Feb 2000 would have made more sense if it had occurred three or four years previous. However its timing when it was makes the Sept 2000 intifada seem logical from Arafat's perspective.

November 1993
In a report in the Jerusalem weekly newspaper Kol Ha'ir, it was revealed that: "for the past six months, The Israeli government has been taking advice on the future of Jerusalem from a planning commission headed by a close aide of Teddy Kollek, Raanan Weitz, formerly the settlement director of the Jewish Agency. At a secret meeting on September 9, 1993, one day before Prime Minister Rabin signed the recognition agreement with the PLO in Israel, the forum met secretly and approved in principle a plan for Jerusalem concocted by Weitz, which he calls, "Metropolitan Jerusalem."

December, 1993
With absolutely no media coverage in Israel, on December 30th an "historic agreement with the Vatican" is publicly acknowledged. Called: "The Fundamental Agreement Between The Holy See and The State of Israel", it declares:
"Mindful of the singular character and universal significance of the Holy Land. Aware of the unique nature of the relationship between the Catholic Church and the Jewish people, and of the historic process of reconciliation and growth in mutual understanding and friendship between Catholics and Jews;
"Having decided on 29 July 1992 to establish a 'Bilateral Permanent Working Commission', in order to study and define together issues of common interest, and in view of normalizing their relations."

Already within one month of taking power there was a special committee to further "Israeli-Vatican Relations". From where did this initiative come so soon as the new government took office?

April 1994
Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem Shmuel Meir announces at a Jerusalem press conference that he had received information that properties promised to the Vatican in Jerusalem would be granted extraterritorial status. (In early 1996 Meir was killed in a very suspicious car crash whereby the driver who drove a UN truck into Meir's car was not even charged.)

May 1994
Marek Halter, a French intellectual/philosopher and a close friend of Peres, tells the Israeli weekly magazine HaShishi that he personally delivered a letter from Peres to the Pope in Sept, 1993 in which Peres promised to internationalize Jerusalem, granting the UN political control of the Old City of Jerusalem, and the Vatican hegemony of the holy sites within. The UN would give the PLO a capital within its new territory and East Jerusalem would become a kind of free trade zone of world diplomacy.

June 1994
On June 15th, the Israeli government signs an agreement with The Vatican allowing the Catholic Church to participate in negotiations to determine the future of Jerusalem.

July, 1994
On July 9th, 1994, the Vatican's Foreign Minister, Jean-Louis Tauran, announces in Amman, Jordan: "Before territorial problems are resolved, we have to find international guarantees to safeguard the uniqueness of the city and assurances that never again one party should claim Jerusalem as its possession."

November l994
Israel signs a peace treaty with Jordan which, according to reports in Haaretz, Maariv, and Yediot Achronot, included secret clauses concerning water and Jerusalem. The agreement had been negotiated in London eight months before between Rabin, King Hussein, and Lord Victor Mishcon. As part of the agreement, Jordan would receive control over the Islamic Holy sites within a Vatican-controlled Old City of Jerusalem.

March 1995
A cable from the Israeli Embassy in Rome to The Foreign Ministry was in Jerusalem is leaked to radio station Arutz Sheva, confirming the handover of Jerusalem to the Vatican. Two days later the cable made front page of Haaretz. In the widely distributed minutes of a meeting with President Clinton in 1997, Peres ended the cable with the words, "as I had previously promised the Holy See."

April 1995
Member of Knesset Avraham Shapira announced in the Knesset that he had information that all Vatican property in Jerusalem was to become tax exempt and that large tracts of real estate on Mount Zion were given to the Pope in perpetuity.

February l996
A delegation from the Vatican met in Jerusalem with Palestinian Authority Religious Affairs Minister, Hassan Tahbob. Father Serge Sebastian, Secretary General of the Vatican, announced that the Holy See recognizes Palestinian sovereignty over East Jerusalem. After Shimon Peres had replaced Yitzhak Rabin as Israel's prime minister, Internal Security Minister Moshe Shachal refused to allow a Palestinian Authority meeting at the Vatican's Notre Dame Hospice in Jerusalem. According to Shachal, the Palestinians were planning to "use the Vatican to circumvent the Oslo Accords."

November, 1997
On November 10th, the State of Israel and the Vatican sign the "Legal Personality Agreement" whereby the State of Israel agrees to "assure full effect law to the legal personality of the Catholic Church itself." (What that means in plain english is anyone's guess.)

February 2000
Hedging its bets by having bi-lateral agreements with both sides in the Arab-Israeli conflict, on February 14th, Pope John Paul 11 meets Arafat in Rome to sign an accord to normalize relations between Roman Catholic churches in Jerusalem and PA. Palestinian Legislative Council Speaker Ahmed Qurei told The Jerusalem Post that the agreement is "recognition by the Catholic Church of the Palestinian claims to the eastern half of Jerusalem." According to Arafat's spokesperson, Nabil Abu Rudaineh, "Arafat had been lobbying for the idea of sharing undivided Jerusalem, and for creating a Vatican-style sovereignty in the Old City." (Somehow we are supposed to believe that Arafat initiated this, and not the Vatican). The agreement calls for Jerusalem to be "an international city based on international resolutions and an international guarantee." The pack was signed despite the Vatican having signed an agreement with Israel six years earlier on December 30th, 1993 which gave legal jurisdiction under Israeli law over the Church's own institutions and assets in the Holy Land.

March 2000
The Pope visits the Holy Land and repeats the Holy See's insistence that" international oversight- 'a special statute, internationally guaranteed'- would best safeguard the city's holy sites and all its religions. The city of Jerusalem is the main obstacle to peace in the region."

On March 27th, the Palestinian Authority says that The Vatican no longer insists on international status for the Old City of Jerusalem, and that The Vatican accepts the political division of the Old City between Israel and the Palestinians. (One has to wonder if this agreement had anything to do with Arafat's decision to wage war on Israel six months later?)

October 2000
In a speech to the United Nations on October 30th, Archbishop Renato Martino declared: "The "unique character" of Jerusalem as a city sacred to three great religions makes it essential that religious leaders, not politicians, control the holy sites." In his meeting on October 26th with Lebanese Ambassador to the Vatican, Fouad Aoun, Pope John Paul 11 said that the city of Jerusalem should be given "specially guaranteed international status."

January 2001
Israel TV journalists secretly film under the Shrine Of Omar, the 7th century Islamic building which may have been deliberately constructed over the Holy of Holies, them most sacred prayer room of the ancient Jewish Temple. The video revealed a new and massive tunnel aimed directly at the most sacred core of Solomon's and later, Herod's Temples. During the Crusades the early 12th century chivalric order, The Knights Templer, dug under the ruins for nine years and found a network of tunnels where the Jewish priests hid their treasures form the marauding Romans in 70 CE. It was also assumed that the original records of the Jerusalem Church which prove that the Vatican was not practicing Christianity as its founders had intended, was buried in this spot. A pope with exclusive rights of divine interpretation was not part of G-d's plan. If these scrolls were made public they would jeopardize Rome's legitimacy. Thus it is imperative to The Vatican that the Jews be removed from the Temple Mount so that they don't find these important scrolls. The PA is serving as the Vatican's "building contractors" in this arrangement in the hope that the Vatican will side with the Palestinians in the conflict with Israel.

July 2002
Israeli, US and German delegations at the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe in Berlin have to fight a surprise proposal to internationalize Jerusalem's Old City by the Italian delegation to the meeting. The head of the Italian delegation told Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the US-based Simon Weisenthal Center, that the main concern of the Italian government was that "in the future when there are peace discussions, the Palestinian entity will be given control of the Christian Holy sites."

Why the secular government of Italy should be worried about this was not explained in the new item. (The Jerusalem Post, July 8th, 2002)

So What Is The Vatican Planning And What Can Israeli Jews Do About It?

For centuries the Vatican has been pushing its "replacement" doctrine which states that the Catholic has replaced Israel as "the New Israel".

The Roman Catholic Church wants Israel to lose sovereign control over the Old City of Jerusalem so that "the promises to the literal descendents of Abraham will be applied to the 'New Jerusalem.'" If Israel controls Jerusalem it is evidence that Rome's claims are not legitimate and that the literal interpretation of Scriptures is correct. There is no place for the restoration of the nation of Israel in its theology. How can the Vatican claim to be "the New Jerusalem" and "rightful heir to the Kingdom of God" if the Jews control Jerusalem? How is the Catholic Church going to convince the world that their version of theology is correct?

The Vatican is going to have everyone believe this "mysterious individual who will "unite the faiths" and appear in Jerusalem which will be under the control of an authority headed by The Vatican. " That deal to have the Vatican come into Israel and take over these properties and to "control and dominate the Old City of Jerusalem" already exists and has been fully documented and reported in the world's media.

The end goal of The Vatican is to seize control of the Old City of Jerusalem out of the clutches of the state of Israel. To that end they have a secret agreement with Israel which obliges Israel to respect the "extraterritorial" claim to their physical presence in the city. In short, "we have accepted the Vatican's rights to have little Vatican sovereign embassies throughout our eternal capital of Jerusalem. That same Vatican has committed itself, in public and in a written agreement, to ensure that the Palestinians have sovereignty in the Old City of Jerusalem.

The public record shows a secret deal has already been conducted behind the backs of the Israeli public whereby the Vatican was promised to take over the Old City. There is ample proof in the public record to prove that a secret deal was done with the Vatican by two Israeli government representatives, Yossi Beilin and Shimon Peres. As it was concocted covertly it can't serve the Israeli public- but someone else. Thus these agreements need to be made void and nullified.

It doesn't matter if religious Jews or Israelis think that "Catholic theology" is "strange looking" or extremely "ritualistic." What matters is that all Israelis understand that The Vatican has a secret agenda and it includes stealing the Old City of Jerusalem away from the Jews. That is what you need to know and understand. Unfortunately, this agenda is being carried out in secret and behind your back and that is why you are ignorant of its true aims. The purpose of this essay is to warn you of these exact intentions of The Vatican so that you will be an "informed consumer" when it comes to Israel's relations with the Roman Catholic Church. Even the overt clauses of the Vatican agreement, the exchange of ambassadors and the opening of the Vatican archives to Israeli researchers, have not been fulfilled by The Vatican. From an Israeli perspective, the "Fundamental Agreement Between The Holy See and The State of Israel" has been a complete failure and should be immediately rescinded.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement