Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Court ordered MURDER AGAIN!!!!

Author Topic: Court ordered MURDER AGAIN!!!!
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other members of this grandmother's family stepped in to save her life whereas if they hadn't done so the granddaughter would have succeeded in forcing her grandmother to die just the same as Michael Schiavo forced Terri to die! It's wonderful that this grandmother is in the hospital, she is indeed safe, she's getting the medical care, nourishment, and liquids that she needs! No one should ever be deprived of those rights!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hospice is not just for people with terminally ill patients, it is a place for people with irreversible condition. When one is old, it is irreversible, when you have COPD, End Stage Renal Failure etc.. it is irreversible. The fact that this woman has A Dissecting Aortic Auneurysm which is an irreversible and life threatening situation, is diagnosis enough for hospice. I know my father has it .The cardiologist explain to us the family that the operation is more riskier than allowing the patient live with the disecting aunerysm. One pitfals of American Culture we think our land is right and all other cultures are wrong. I bet you the only reason why other family stepped in at last moment was because of embarrasment. How many of you out there are WILLING TO TAKE IN A RESIDENT FROM THE NURSING HOME AND GIVE THEM NUTURING AND CARE? I really would like to know! I worked in a nursing home, entertained in them and for the most part the residents are abandon from their peers and family. America Health Care may have alot of good gadgets, but do they really know that most of the world do not think as Americans? For instance in this one European Country I visited for a while- will not treat elderly patients except give them end time needs. This particular situation isn't as in the days of Noah, This is how Americans are culturally speaking, especially when you are 2nd or 3rd born generations from immigrants. I personnally will not allow my wife give me a feeding tube, IV, etc.. I will not be intubated or have CPR done. I have purposefully taken away their decision and hired my own lawyer with a condtional will. That is if my family denies my living will, then all of my belongings will go to the poor, the needy throughout the world. My money if I have any will go the mission I have supported over my life time. It is called a Conditional Will and Testament. Remember that it isn't just a terminal illness but also an irreversible life threatening diagnosis. I TRULLY BELIEVE IF GOD CAN CREATE ME, HE CAN HEAL ME, ETC.. I CHALLANGE ANYONE OUT THERE TO ADOPT A NURSING HOME RESIDENT AND TAKE THEM IN AND GIVE THEM NUTURING AND LOVE.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, so... there was no murder, and there was no court.

???

how was this court ordered murder?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

I say amen to this news! It's wonderful to know that this grandmother is now safe and is receiving the medical care, nourishment, and liquids that she deserves to have rather than the death that her granddaughter tried to force on her!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise The Lord!!!!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43723

Grandma' airlifted
to medical center
'Receiving IV fluids, nourishment,' says nephew who credits WND, bloggers, 'Terri's friends'

Praise be the name of the Lord, praise be all of the friends of Terri Schindler [Schiavo]. We could never have mobilized public sentiment and pressure on these people in LaGrange, Ga. – at Hospice, the LaGrange, Ga., doctors or the probate judge – unless the friends of Terri and the wonderful media of WorldNetDaily.com had become involved. Thank you all.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++

May the Lord be with this family, and may His perfect will and eternal love for His precious children be done.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't understand what you don't explain

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Niedziejkore:
so, i find this very funny...

the government... all governments have murdered THROUGHOUT ALL OF HISTORY, and now you're saying our country is going to hell in a hand basket?

The Crusades! The Inquisition! Every war that has been fought! The Death Penalty! Do you remember America tried to wipe out an entire race of Native Americans? Do you remember that Americans used to lynch blacks on a daily basis? In light of those, what makes this one person's death so special?

We all talk about how great it is to be freed from your body and to float up to heaven. So why do you want to fight for them to stay alive?

Unfortunately, I doubt you will ever understand. Well, I take that back. One day you will.

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

so, i find this very funny...

the government... all governments have murdered THROUGHOUT ALL OF HISTORY, and now you're saying our country is going to hell in a hand basket?

The Crusades! The Inquisition! Every war that has been fought! The Death Penalty! Do you remember America tried to wipe out an entire race of Native Americans? Do you remember that Americans used to lynch blacks on a daily basis? In light of those, what makes this one person's death so special?

We all talk about how great it is to be freed from your body and to float up to heaven. So why do you want to fight for them to stay alive?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Gramajo320
unregistered

This grandmother's granddaughter, Beth Gaddy's actions are totally despicable and I cannot understand how any judge can rule in favor of a person like her to be given full guardianship without first having total proof of what her true motives are and to see in black and white exactly what the grandmother's wishes are! The courts and judges fail to do this and therefore they are not doing their job! It's so sad to say the least and how such actions can be condoned is beyond any comprehension! According to the article apparently no hospice is to be trusted either! Yes we need to pray for this grandmother to be delivered from this evil of her granddaughter's wishes to make her die! It is so despicable!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]  - We need to lift this family and lady up in Prayer! wow...

Forget the 'handbasket' - this country is headed to Hell on a Bullet-Train!  -

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda wrote:
quote:
My God, My God, are we prepared of the evil like was in the days of Noah? You have to read this. I cannot believe my eyes. I truly must be losing my mind. God Help us. Buckle up folks the ride is getting bumpy!

Well, well...is Linda going to take an interest in the end times news now? [Big Grin]

Yes Sis, time is almost up here. Expect these types of despicable practices to continue. The can of worms has been opened and there are too many to put back in.

quote:
9"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. [Matthew 24:9-14]
The storm is brewing...

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My God, My God, are we prepared of the evil like was in the days of Noah? You have to read this. I cannot believe my eyes. I truly must be losing my mind. God Help us. Buckle up folks the ride is getting bumpy!

MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH
Granddaughter denies
feeding tube to grandma
81-year-old not terminally ill,
comatose, nor in vegetative state

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 7, 2005
7:33 p.m. Eastern

By Sarah Foster
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

In a situation recalling the recent death of Terri Schiavo in Florida, an 81-year-old widow, denied nourishment and fluids for nearly two weeks, is clinging to life in a hospice in LaGrange, Ga., while her immediate family fights desperately to save her life before she dies of starvation and dehydration.

Mae Magouirk was not terminally ill, comatose nor in a "vegetative state," when Hospice-LaGrange accepted her as a patient about two weeks ago upon the request of her granddaughter, Beth Gaddy, 36, an elementary school teacher.

Also upon Gaddy's request and without prior legal authority, since March 28 Hospice-LaGrange has denied Magouirk normal nourishment or fluids via a feeding tube through her nose or fluids via an IV. She has been kept sedated with morphine and ativan, a powerful tranquillizer.

Her nephew, Ken Mullinax, told WorldNetDaily that although Magouirk is given morphine and ativan, she has not received any medication to keep her eyes lubricated during her forced dehydration.

"They haven't given her anything like that for two weeks," said Mullinax. "She can't produce tears."

The dehydration is being done in defiance of Magouirk's specific wishes, which she set down in a "living will," and without agreement of her closest living next-of-kin, two siblings and a nephew: A. Byron McLeod, 64, of Anniston, Ga.; Ruth Mullinax, 74, of Birmingham, Ala.; and Ruth Mullinax's son, Ken Mullinax.

Magouirk's husband and only child, a son, are both deceased.

In her living will, Magouirk stated that fluids and nourishment were to be withheld only if she were either comatose or "vegetative," and she is neither. Nor is she terminally ill, which is generally a requirement for admission to a hospice.

Magouirk lives alone in LaGrange, though because of glaucoma she relied on her granddaughter, Beth Gaddy, to bring her food and do errands.

Two weeks ago, Magouirk's aorta had a dissection, and she was hospitalized in the local LaGrange Hospital. Her aortic problem was determined to be severe, and she was admitted to the intensive care unit. At the time of her admission she was lucid and had never been diagnosed with dementia.

Claiming that she held Magouirk's power of attorney, Gaddy had her transferred to Hospice-LaGrange, a 16-bed unit owned by the same family that owns the hospital. Once at the hospice, Gaddy stated that she did not want her grandmother fed or given water.

"Grandmama is old and I think it is time she went home to Jesus," Gaddy told Magouirk's brother and nephew, McLeod and Ken Mullinax. "She has glaucoma and now this heart problem, and who would want to live with disabilities like these?"

Gaddy's telephone is not in operation and she could not be reached for comment.

According to Mullinax, his aunt's local cardiologist in LaGrange, Dr. James Brennan, and Dr. Raed Agel, a highly acclaimed cardiologist at the nationally renowned University of Alabama-Birmingham Medical Center, determined that her aortic dissection is contained and not life-threatening at the moment.

Mullinax also states that Gaddy did not hold power of attorney, a fact he learned from the hospice's in-house legal counsel, Carol Todd.

On March 31, Todd told Ruth and Ken Mullinax during a phone conversation Georgia law stipulated that Ruth Mullinax and her brother, A.B. McLeod, were entitled to make any and all decisions for Magouirk. Ruth Mullinax immediately told Todd to begin administering food and fluids through an IV and a nasal feeding tube.

Todd had the IV fluids started that evening, but informed the family that they would have to come to the hospice to sign papers to have the feeding tube inserted. Once that was done, Magouirk would not be able to stay at the hospice.

Ken Mullinax recalled that Todd said the only reason Magouirk was in the hospice in the first place was that the LaGrange Hospital had failed to exercise due diligence in closely examining the power of attorney Beth Gaddy said she had, as well as exercising the provisions of Magouirk's living will.

Todd explained that Gaddy had only a financial power of attorney, not a medical power of attorney, and Magouirk's living will carefully provided that a feeding tube and fluids should only be discontinued if she was comatose or in a "vegetative state" – and she was neither.

Gaddy, however, was not dissuaded. When Ken Mullinax and McLeod showed up at the hospice the following day, April 1, to meet with Todd and arrange emergency air transport for Magouirk's transfer to the University of Alabama-Birmingham Medical Center, Hospice-LaGrange stalled them while Gaddy went before Troup County, Ga., Probate Court Judge Donald W. Boyd and obtained an emergency guardianship over her grandmother.

Under the terms of his ruling, Gaddy was granted full and absolute authority over Magouirk, at least for the weekend. She took advantage of her judge-granted power by ordering her grandmother's feeding tube pulled out, just hours after it had been inserted.

Georgia law requires that a hearing for an emergency guardianship must be held within three days of its request, and Magouirk's hearing was held April 4 before Judge Boyd. Apparently, he has not made a final ruling, but favors giving permanent guardianship power to Gaddy, who is anxious to end her grandmother's life.

Ron Panzer, president and founder of Hospice Patients Alliance, a patients' rights advocacy group based in Michigan, told WND that what is happening to Magouirk is not at all unusual.

"This is happening in hospices all over the country," he said. "Patients who are not dying – are not terminal – are admitted [to hospice] and the hospice will say they are terminally ill even if they're not. There are thousands of cases like this. Patients are given morphine and ativan to sedate them. If feeding is withheld, they die within 10 days to two weeks. It's really just a form of euthanasia."

Ken Mullinax does not want that to happen to his aunt. He pointed out that one of the ironies in this tragedy is that the now-helpless woman worked for years as a secretary for a prominent local cancer doctor.

"She devoted her whole life to helping those who heal others, and now she's being denied sustenance for life," he said.

Mullinax said he has begged Gaddy to let him take on full responsibility for his aunt's care.

"If she would just give us a chance to keep Aunt Mae alive, that's all we ask," he said. "They [Beth and her husband, Dennis Gaddy] have a family and Beth is a teacher, and it was just getting to be a lot of trouble. But I'm the caregiver for my mom, and Aunt Mae could move in with us. We'll buy another house with a bedroom and we'll take care of her. She can move in with us once she can leave the hospital."

But her health becomes more precarious by the hour. Her vital signs are still good, but since admission to hospice she has not been lucid – "but who would be since nourishment and fluids have been denied since March 28," Mullinax remarked.

Attorney Carol Todd could not be reached for comment; a message on her voicemail said she would be gone the entire week of April 4. Hospice-LaGrange did not return phone calls.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement