Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » World Peace In 3 Months

Author Topic: World Peace In 3 Months
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are NO Contradictions in the Bible. There are areas of Scripture that are difficult to understand. This does not mean the Bible is untrustworthy. A very good book to have is the Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties by Gleason Archer, Zondervan Publishing House, (Grand Rapids Michigan).

There is also a section on CRAM regarding Bible Difficulties: http://www.carm.org/bible_difficulties.htm

If one claims the Bible is full of Contradictions, then obviously one does not believe that the Bible is reliable or the God-Breathed Inspired Word.

http://www.carm.org/seek/reliable.htm

Is the Bible reliable?

One of the most important questions asked by non-Christians as they look into Christianity is whether or not the Bible is trustworthy. They want to know if it can be trusted. If it has been corrupted, then we cannot trust what what is attributed to Jesus' words and deeds. So, is the Bible reliable or not?
Yes, the Bible was reliable. The original writings of the Bible have been lost. But before they were lost, they were copied. These copies were incredibly accurate, very meticulous, and very precise. The people who copied them were very dedicated to God and their copying tasks. They took extreme care when copying the original manuscripts. This copying method is so exact, and so precise, that the New Testament alone is considered to be 99.5% textually pure. This means that of the 6000 Greek copies (the New Testament was written in Greek), and the additional 21,000 copies in other languages, there is only one half of 1% variation. Of this very slight number, the great majority of the variants are easily corrected by comparing them to other copies that don't have the "typos" or by simply reading the context. You should know that copying mistakes occur in such ways as word repetition, spelling, or a single word omission due to the copyist missing something when moving his eyes from one line to another. The variants are very minor. Nothing affects doctrinal truth and the words and deeds of Christ are superbly reliably transmitted to us.
This science of studying ancient literature and its accuracy of transmission to is called historicity. The Bible is so exceedingly accurate in its transmission from the originals to the present copies, that if you compare it to any other ancient writing, the Bible is light years ahead in terms of number of manuscripts and accuracy. If the Bible were to be discredited as being unreliable, then it would be necessary to discard the writings of Homer, Plato, and Aristotle as also unreliable since they are far far less well preserved than the Bible.
The Bible was written by those who were inspired to God. When we look at the New Testament we realize that it was written by those who either new Jesus personally, or were under the direction of those who did. They wrote what they saw. They wrote about the resurrection of Christ. They recorded His miracles and His sayings. It comes down to whether or not you believe what it says about Christ. Do you?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN Brother RIPP!!! AMEN Betty!!!!

The Bible Does NOT Contradict it's self. I'll be back with a link to CRAM that will explain this.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If he was operating a secular operation, would some of you still have a problem with it?
And do not be conformed to this world , but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. [Romans 12:2]

What is of this world, stays in the world. We are COMMANDED NOT to be conformed. God's Word is very clear if you would just read it.

quote:
I know people here have a problem with Warren's churches claiming they are christian churches when they water down the bible's teachings, and fail to teach certain aspects of it.
6Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you and you be found a liar. [Proverbs 30:6]

18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; [ Revelation 22:18]

Why are you guys so blind?

quote:
But the bible contradicts itself in a lot of places, so how can you truly teach the whole bible? You have to favor one scripture or another in a lot of places.
That's the whole problem. The Bible DOES NOT contradict itself. But, you have to understand the ENTIRE GOSPEL to understand it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, what Rick Warren is doing is okay. If he was operating a secular operation, would some of you still have a problem with it?

I know people here have a problem with Warren's churches claiming they are christian churches when they water down the bible's teachings, and fail to teach certain aspects of it.

But the bible contradicts itself in a lot of places, so how can you truly teach the whole bible? You have to favor one scripture or another in a lot of places.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
right... so i guess it doesn't matter what we do. let's just dissolve into total chaos until jesus returns.
You beat me to it. [Smile]
Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:Originally posted by danny458:
This group sounds a bit wierd and idealistic and I don't give them too much of a chance...

BUT... why is the idea of world peace a BAD thing?? Blessed be the peacemakers...

Have you not read the Bible? There will NOT be world peace until after Jesus returns. You are being deceived.

right... so i guess it doesn't matter what we do. let's just dissolve into total chaos until jesus returns.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Today, while the western church is fast embracing the values of world , dedicated Christians sent to third world nations continue to transform their environment -- not by "converting cities" but through the changed lives of individuals touched by the Word, cleansed by the blood of Christ, and filled with His Holy Spirit. They need our prayers and support.

That pure light of His Word and Spirit is now threatened by compromise , but few of God's most dedicated servants are told what is happening. Their own fruitful and demanding ministries leave little time to search out the implications of the fast-spreading church management system. Few see its ties to secular, governmental or anti-Christian systems such as the United Nations.

In contrast, many of the insiders who plan these changes are committed, not to saving the lost , but to an evolving human vision of global peace, unity and social equality. Others speak the Biblical message, serve God and share Christ in wonderful ways. Yet, their top-down management and marketing strategies are shaped, in part, by the surveys that expose "felt needs" which, in turn, draw people into groups where dialogue and consensus often become more important than God's absolute truth.

Church Management and Global Missions

The Truth is out there, all you have to do is open your eyes. Unfortunately, most people have become blinded by the man-can-fix-all system for world peace. It's not going to happen. Time is short, it's time to wake up to His Truth! Jesus saves men, men don't save men.

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago, when the first came out with this one "god" fits all. It sounded good for a very short period. After all if we can convince everyone that we all love the same "god" everyone would realize we were all one people and stop fighting. Then our Pastor pointed out that this was a slap in Jesus face. It was like saying to Him that it was nice that He died for us but sadly He was mistaken and had died for nothing because believing in anything would save us. Of course this is a lie from the devil to turn people away from Jesus and to the "god" satan has invented. Man thinks they have invented this one world relegion but it came from the pits of hell.
It will not save one person from hell.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Maybe in conjunction with the, "Ark of Hope", we can all live happily ever after! [Roll Eyes]

The Ark of Hope

People need to wake up to this peace deception. The blind will take any kind of medicine that you will give them. Too bad they are being given cyanide...

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I did not see anything about Jesus. It looked New Age to me. With the prayer coming from all Relegions, it sounds like there are trying to make God the "god" of all relegions. In other words the standard new age it doesn't matter who you pray to, we are all praying to the same God.
Which is a lie from the devil.

Exactly Betty! Good eye! Only our Lord will bring peace, not these fools who think they can solve the world's problems without Jesus Christ. It's a deception. And you're right, they are making an idol. Some kind of cure-all god. Maybe they can melt those gold rings and fashion a calf? [Roll Eyes]

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by danny458:
This group sounds a bit wierd and idealistic and I don't give them too much of a chance...

BUT... why is the idea of world peace a BAD thing?? Blessed be the peacemakers...

Have you not read the Bible? There will NOT be world peace until after Jesus returns. You are being deceived.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not see anything about Jesus. It looked New Age to me. With the prayer coming from all Relegions, it sounds like there are trying to make God the "god" of all relegions. In other words the standard new age it doesn't matter who you pray to, we are all praying to the same God.
Which is a lie from the devil.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 5 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
[1zhelp]

Maranatha! [rapture]

It's interesting, I couldn't seem to find an "about" or "Who we are" section on that page. I just skimmed over it, but I'm wondering who's spearheading this and who's involved.

Yeah, I was looking for the same. From what I hear, he is a real estate developer, possibly wealthy who lives in Florida. This is all speculation though. It's so odd to see a world peace commercial, but hey, it's the times hehe.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[1zhelp]

Maranatha! [rapture]

It's interesting, I couldn't seem to find an "about" or "Who we are" section on that page. I just skimmed over it, but I'm wondering who's spearheading this and who's involved.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
"Love your neighbor as yourself."

"The deepest meaning in life is to realize happiness."

"Ask and you will receive so that your joy may be complete."

"Guide us on the right path, the path of those that you have blessed."

"I know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper; and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future."

"Do not do unto others, what thou wouldst not they should do unto you."

"For in the end (or at the beginning), it all depends upon what each of us wants, upon what we deeply desire. Trust the desire, and with it begin a journey."

-

The above are taken from:

Confucius. The Old Testament. The Koran. The New Testament. Buddhism and Hinduism.

Ripp
unregistered

Within the next few days, Millennium-Hope Project will launch a worldwide TV ad campaign.

quote:
Millennium Hope (TM) was created after one man had a dream and a conversation with God. God said, “wear the ring on your finger and you will remember. You will remember your commitment to me and my commitment to you - - - that you are to have whatever you wish for in this lifetime.” (See "The Dream")

There is no doubt that in having faith in yourself , your chances of success in any endeavor you choose are limitless. In wearing The Millennium Hope (TM) ring, thousands of people around the world (from orphans to world leaders, from agnostics to Pope John Paul II, from Rabbi Yahuda Berg, to Sayed Mohammad Jawad Qazwini and Archbishop Tutu, from ordinary working people to multi-millionaires and people of every race, creed and color) are experiencing an awakening of their own ability to create the life they want to live and their connection to humanity. (See "Humanity")

Yet all over the world there is a dream of the possibility of world peace and the sense that something momentous is about to take place.

To this end, Millennium-Hope (TM) is sending the Millennium-Hope (TM) Ring to every world leader with the intention that our world leaders meet within the next three months to "Declare the end of war being declared on nation against nation as a mean of settling our differences" (See "World Peace".) What is needed now...

The Millennium Hope (TM) ring is truly a gift to all of us, with its special message of awaking and unity , which was sent from the beginning of time.

Brides and bridegrooms begin exchanging them at weddings.

-

Oh man this is nutty! Have to rummage around this site for a bit lol.

Ripp
unregistered

I could barely believe my eyes, and at first I thought I was just seeing things. But sure enough, it was a commercial on Fox about this website. See for yourselves! WOW! I can't believe there is a commercial for this. Really strange lol.

World Peace In 3 Months

Maranatha! [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement