Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Something sinister

Author Topic: Something sinister
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have to take non-customers' thumb prints in order for them to cash a check and they do have to present two forms of "official ID" (social securty card will suffice as one form). I will tell you though that we don't do anything with the thumbprints, and we are the largest bank in the world, I believe. I had a criminal come in the other day to cash a check he had stolen, my inner intuition alarm went off, I called my manager over, my system crashed so she couldn't see why I thought the check was stolen, so she made me cash it for the man. I had his thumbprint on the check, but they never even tried to find out who he was or hwo to get him. I had taken his ID as well, but when my system crashed the information was lost.

We also don't take thumbprints of customers when they open accounts at all, although the federal government does now have some very rigorous guidelines for who we can and cannot allow to have accounts with us.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Niedziejkore:
how can the guy not have a credit rating? doesn't he use a bank? You can get a credit rating from having a bank account too. especially checking accounts.

There is a very wealthy man in Colorado by the name of Tom Shane. He owns many jewelry stores but always paid for things in cash. He went in to a car dealership and talked to my best friend about buying a car. His credit report came back as a decline because he had no credit. They had to make some phone calls to get it through. Although he had bought many cars at that particular dealership, he always paid cash. It doesn't matter how much money you have, just what your credit score is these days. The days of, "my word is stronger than oak", are over. The new motto is, "what have you done for me lately."

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how can the guy not have a credit rating? doesn't he use a bank? You can get a credit rating from having a bank account too. especially checking accounts.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"States Mull Taxing Drivers By Mile"

Yes, Ripp. That is what I was thinking of!

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
I went to a bank once to cash a check given to me by a person who had an account at that particular bank. They told me I had to have two forms of ID. I gave them my drivers license and my debet card (which says Visa on it, but it's not a credit card). They wouldn't accept it. Those are the only two forms I have (except my Social Security Card - which they don't consider valid ID ?????). They told me I had to have a valid Credit Card. I'd never heard that before last year! It's a relatively new bank in our area. I've never had that problem at the regular banks... I'm wondering if this is going to be the trend of the future, leading way into the RFID chip - whops the government doesn't like the term RFID anymore [Wink]

Hehe yeah, they will have to rename it the, "Happy Bit" or, "Status Chip". Have to be PC when taking the mark ya know? [Big Grin]

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, that's exactly why the dealership wants you to finance with them.

Ya'll just jogged my memory about something.... at my bank... if you're not a member and you're cashing a check, they take your thumbprint. there's an ink pad at every teller station. then they scan it into the computer.

I think all new members have to have their thumb prints on file. I've been a member there since I was 6... a LONG time ago... so i've never had to do that.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:
I heard about something on talk radio a couple/few months ago that goes along with this thought process somewhat.

It had to do with a proposed gas tax. The tax would be paid according to how many miles you drive. Those who drive more, pay more. Those who drive less, pay less. The only real "fair" way to do it, right?

Here's the kicker. In order to know how much to tax you, a tracking device is placed in each car. It would be mandatory of course.

I wish I could remember more detail, but it was a while ago when I heard it. I do remember that the "expert" that was being interviewed thought that within 10 years it would spread to all states. I think maybe they're experimenting with it somewhere on the west coast. Oregon maybe?

Whether this will actually happen is anyone's guess, but one way or another, the gov't will figure out a way to track our every move - for our own good of course!

States Mull Taxing Drivers By Mile

rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been a finance director since 1994. I work in a dealership (chevrolet). I have yet to see anyhting that says it is mandatory that you finance. I do know this "old school tactic" has been used before to get the customer to finance with the dealership. You see, when you finance a car through the dealership's connections, 9 times out of ten the dealership makes a profit off the finance.
Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a bank once to cash a check given to me by a person who had an account at that particular bank. They told me I had to have two forms of ID. I gave them my drivers license and my debet card (which says Visa on it, but it's not a credit card). They wouldn't accept it. Those are the only two forms I have (except my Social Security Card - which they don't consider valid ID ?????). They told me I had to have a valid Credit Card. I'd never heard that before last year! It's a relatively new bank in our area. I've never had that problem at the regular banks... I'm wondering if this is going to be the trend of the future, leading way into the RFID chip - whops the government doesn't like the term RFID anymore [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about something on talk radio a couple/few months ago that goes along with this thought process somewhat.

It had to do with a proposed gas tax. The tax would be paid according to how many miles you drive. Those who drive more, pay more. Those who drive less, pay less. The only real "fair" way to do it, right?

Here's the kicker. In order to know how much to tax you, a tracking device is placed in each car. It would be mandatory of course.

I wish I could remember more detail, but it was a while ago when I heard it. I do remember that the "expert" that was being interviewed thought that within 10 years it would spread to all states. I think maybe they're experimenting with it somewhere on the west coast. Oregon maybe?

Whether this will actually happen is anyone's guess, but one way or another, the gov't will figure out a way to track our every move - for our own good of course!

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know that to become a member of the local video club in my small town, you have to have a credit card. Also to rent a carpet cleaner, you have to use a credit card, you can't pay cash.

I think in both cases it's incase you don't bring back their property, they can charge your credit card for it.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the practice is widespread yet, but everything has to start somewhere. If it did become a standard practice, it could make it very difficult to function "off the radar."
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does sound awful but I would like to hear of more stories like this one. It sounds odd to me. But hey, it's possible. This world is moving so fast I wouldn't be surprised.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could say we were debt free [Frown]

You're right Sis, this does indeed sound Very Sinister. Just a prelude to what's coming, and probably very soon (within the next few years I'm guessing).

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

This is a direct quote off a board I visit (edited to the best of my ability for any language that shouldn't be there). I found it to be incredibly sinister when you think about it in context of a system coming down the pike that would prohibit the buying and selling of goods without being "in the system." Setting the stage even more for the mark? Seems so to me. Maranatha, Lord Jesus.

Take a look yourself at this story.

I just heard something I find insane. My father for as long as I can remember, always trades in his year old truck for a new one each year. He puts a crazy amount of miles on them so for him, its the most economical solution as they are always under warrenty and the cost to upgrade has been fairly cheap...

However he just traded off his 2004 for a 2005 ... and was informed they will not allow him to just buy it by paying the difference! They said its now MANDATORY that he finance it! Seriously, he has "cash in hand" to pay the difference outright but GMC is not allowing it anymore. You HAVE to finance if you want to buy.

Thats just insane to me and goes against everything I've been taught and believe in about debt (I have zero debt... I dont buy anything unless I can buy it outright... in fact I dont even own a credit card).

Heres the kicker, he doesnt use credit cards either... and because of this he doesnt even have a credit rating... so he DOESNT QUALIFY for the financing! Hes pretty *** well set in life financially but cant buy his new truck.

Utterly stupid and insane.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement