Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Conversions in unlikely places (rock and roll)

Author Topic: Conversions in unlikely places (rock and roll)
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah, Miss Betty, I am 34 and I live with Aspercreme on my feet and I have tendonitis in my fingers, thumbs, and wrists too. Our flesh is corrupt and decaying, but we are refreshed and new in Christ!
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 21 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
53 and today I do feel old. [Wink]
Sitting here with Ben Gay on my elbows and my knees hurting yep, dont feel like a young chick today.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eh, when i hear "young man", i usually think 16-24. And to clear up any confusion, i never said 30 something was old. Old to me is 50-80.

Now i know i'm going to hear from some 50 and 60 sometings saying "hey, i don't feel old."

Oh, and please don't bring back Stryper.

please.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frimpy
Community Member
Member # 4073

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Frimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe once this band forms, Stryper could get back together, and they could tour together.

I've played in many bands over the years, and I've been thinking that the time may be right to dust off my axe and mic, and come out of "retirement" (for the second [Big Grin] ) time and actually putting together a Christian band.

This link is a site with 3 of my songs (secular) but I've actually been thinking of christian lyrics for one of them. (Dark Places) I wrote those 3, and its me singing, and playing the music.

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=11716

Maynard James Keenan is a GREAT singer. I've never been a fan of his music, but as a musician, I've always respected him as one of the best.

By the way....Thirty something is NOT old. I'm 31, and I'm not old. lol

I hope that this is for real, and I hope it keeps happening. There are many great musicians out there who could get the word out, and on a larger scale than Stryper did.

--------------------
Backslidden Christian, ready to come back. I'm so glad that God forgives.

Yahoo ID: billselby9773 Come say hi if you like.

Posts: 10 | From: Newberry/Columbia, SC | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well one thing that I have prayed in my short existance as a Christian Is that some of the performers of the music that I use to listen to would come to Christ. I see and have been seeing this. Jesus is wonderful.
You see for those of you who have never listened to alternative music, The people who make it and those that listen are looking. Looking for something better but they don't know what it is. In Christ they will find it.

God Bless

greg

Lord We have a singer we have a guitar player, All we need is a drummer and a bass player. In jesus name I pray Amen.

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and HEY - 30-something IS STILL YOUNG!! (says the lady who is 30-something and still thinks of herself as a kid....)
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

I agree. I don't really listen to secular music anymore, but if I had to name bands I like, Tool would be among them. I like Maynard a lot, especially for his ability to challenge people to think for themselves. He actually disdains a lot of his fans for their inability to think for themselves. What I found amusing was that on a site I go to where this was being discussed, they were all saying "Wow, what a step backwards for Maynard. I thought he liked to think for himself, and monotheism isn't thinking for yourself."

Anyway, I hope that it is true and as one Tool fan said, "well if it is true, I can't wait to see what he does to the Christian music scene." hehehe You can count on him to be radical, whatever he does for sure.

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Head really isn't a young man. He's like, 30 something. I used to listen to korn... some good stuff. I think once in a great while i put it back in, but their music gets worse and worse as time goes on.

But as far as Maynard... I'm a fan of Tool and A Perfect Circle I don't think he's going to stop making music. His music was always spiritual, and his conversion will only add a new level to the kind of music he's been making.

quote:
Many of his fans are HUGELY upset over this recent announcement of his conversion to Christianity.
Many of his fans also can't think for themselves.

Maynard is a deep/complex/weird guy, so his faith in Jesus will more than likely be unconventional. But that's not a bad thing either.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

A few weeks ago, the rock music world was astounded at the news that one of the members of the band Korn, a loud hard-rock type group, was leaving the group due to his recent finding of the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior. Head (the newly converted band member), had been beset by severe drug problems in recent years and must have hit bottom, looked up and found our Savior looking down upon him with mercy and forgiveness. Praise the Lord, and I hope this young man is discipled and grows in his faith and never looks back.

At the end of March, an announcment far more startling was made public, that Maynard James Keenan, the musical genius behind the bands Tool and A Perfect Circle, was taking time off, re-evaluating his commitment to his most recent recording projects, as he had just found Jesus Christ as his savior. To familiarize those who do not know his work, Maynard has been putting out music for the past 11 years or so that is difficult to classify, but is definitely harder rock, art noise, something along those lines. His lyrics are filled with anger, arrogance, and a general contempt for mankind and religion. He has a HUGE following due to his music just being really, really some of the best and most intelligent and different stuff out there in secular music these days. Many of his fans are HUGELY upset over this recent announcement of his conversion to Christianity.

Here is my prayer regarding Maynard, that his conversion be real, sincere, and not some sort of joke or ploy for publicity. Not only do I strongly desire to see him saved, but I also believe that he could have a profound impact on the eternal souls of many of our youth if he were to become a Christian, if it is true.

How often do we hear stories of a drug-addicted rock and roll star meeting Jesus and living victoriously, rather than hearing about how another rock and roller overdoses and died this weekend? To me this seems new and promising, and I hope it means God is working on the people in this industry who have so much influence over our children.

Many of the people I used to run around with when I was living as Godless as I could, are also coming to Christ now (all the females!). I see the Lord moving, and moving quickly in this generation especially. Many of my family members who are around my age are also coming to know Christ now.

Is this the promised pouring out of the Spirit of the last days?

Anyway, I ask all of you to pray for all of these new converts, that they would stay strong and grow in their faith. I also ask that you join me in praying for the Lord to harvest many, many more souls in the near future.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement