Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » List of Schindler's supporters to be sold

Author Topic: List of Schindler's supporters to be sold
saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saintbygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't addressing YOU in person telling you what scripture to use.

In Christ's Love is used way to loosely

--------------------
John 18:38
Pilate *said to Him, "What is truth?"

Posts: 112 | From: ball of God-cursed dirt | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saintbygrace writes:

"I don't want serial killers to get the death
penalty." I want them to have time to find Jesus and salvation."

You must know that the serial killers get years of appeal after appeal and during those years they have plenty of time to find Jesus and salvation before being put to death if they were sentenced to death by the court.

Please refrain from telling me what scriptures I can and cannot use. I don't tell you so please give me the same courtesy!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saintbygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way I think the death penalty is wrong too.

And don't try to justify it with OT verses because OT also says to stone people caught in adultry.

I don't want serial killers put to death, I want them to have time to find Jesus and salvation.

--------------------

Posts: 112 | From: ball of God-cursed dirt | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Yes we are to judge ABORTION as WRONG, but we aren't to judge THE PERSON getting the abortion.

BIG BIG difference.

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abortion is legal as well. Shall we not judge that as a sin because it is legal? That is a pretty silly measure of what is right and what is wrong, in my opinion.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 12 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saintbygrace

Advanced Member
Member # 4401

posted April 04, 2005 10:36 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where he removed the feeding tubes.

I don't support what he did, but the courts said he had the rights, so I can't judge him.
----------------

yet you judge grandmajo. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

You should face the facts of what Michael Schiavo did of depriving Terri of liquids and nutrition forcing her to die and if you believe that is pleasing to God or right in God's eyes that thought is wrong!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Read the Bible verse I quoted,

You in fact HAVE broke it.

EVERYBODY has

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Saintbygrace,

Your very own words in your posting newest are so totally out of line and very insulting to say the least! How dare you ask me how many times have I broken the commandment of Thou Shalt Not Kill! Again you are way out of line and so insulting to even state such a question! I have never broken that commandment!!!

In Christ's love
Gramajo320

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We certainly have the ability to judge that sin is sin and starving someone to death and denying them hydration is sin and this sin resulted in murder. If I locked you in room and denied you food and water for 12 days that would be cruel and a court order would not change that; they denied her even ice to moisten her dry bleeding lips!

Have you ever been medically dehydrated? I have been and it causes halucenations, it causes horrible nausea, it is a most horrible thing to experience. We not treat a dog with the inhumane treatment that Terri Schiavo received.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

how many times have you broken that commandment tho shall not kill?

Matthew 5:21-22
(21) "You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.'
(22) "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

You say
quote:

God is the only one who will judge Michael.

yet YOU ARE judging him

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Just because the courts said he had the right to order her feeing tube removed does not make it right in the eyes of God. The removal of her feeding tube was done to force her to die.
Where Michael is concerned think of two commandments: Thou shalt not kill
Thou shalt not commit adultrey

God is the only one who will judge Michael.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Where he removed the feeding tubes.

I don't support what he did, but the courts said he had the rights, so I can't judge him.

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Saintbygrace writes:

"If you don't like it than change the law."

What specific law are you talking about?

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

What he did was legal by our lands laws and court system.

Who are ANY of us to judge him any other way?

You don't like it than change the law.

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma and Ripp,

Amen to your postings! I totally agree with you both and God bless you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saintbygrace

I agree with Gramajo320. While we should not judge a person. I do believe that when he moved in with another woman and fathered two children with her that his rights to be Terri's husband ended. Why should a man who has obviously gone on with his life with someone else be the one calling the shots? Her parents were the ones that were there for her. yes, he showed up when she was dying but that only looks like he did that so he could keep the money.

I still say that if he had sent her to a a center that specializes in strokes she could have lived a more active life. We did that for my father in a law. He put her in a nursing home to die from day one. My mother in law took care of her husband at home for 9 years.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niedziejkore: I have changed the name of your thread; name calling from this board will not be allowed. I also deleted your last post which was in very poor taste and not acceptable here. I hope that I will not have to delete anything else, because if I have to delete another post like this last one, I will be deleting your membership as well. I have never had to censor your posts though they are frequently in opposition to what this board represents or it's owner believes, but this last post was way out of line. I suggest that if you are going to remain in memberdhip here you conduct your posting in a manner that is not hurtful to the ministry and witness of Jesus Christ. This board is here for that purpose.

Sincerely,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terri Schiavo had been in a coma since the 90s. There was such a minute chance of her coming back that it was within michael's right as husband to pull her tube. She was braindead. Either she lived in a vegetative state, or she died. Death was a gift for her. Because life was hell.

Ripp, i have no compassion for them if they're going to betray those who supported them. Way to state the obvious. I'm not angry either. Do i care that terri schiavo's dead? of course not. she was braindead already. Do i care about her parent's loss? no. she moved from a vegetative state to dead. not much of a progression. Am i happy for michael schiavo? I could care less what micheal chiavo does.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They just lost their daughter to a society that starved her to death and you want to begin your attacks on the family. How fitting for you Nied. I wouldn't expect anything more from you. You have proven your lack of compassion or love for others on this board frequently. Why should we assume you would be different to the rest of the world. I feel sorry for you. I pray that God will heal your anger. You really need to repent of this. Have some compassion and get your heart right with the Lord.

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But her parents... wow, talk about betraying the trust of everyone who supported them. I believe there's a special little place in hell for those who betray others, and 6,000 people a month is quite a bit. God's got 6,000 reasons a month to give them a one-way tickey to the other place.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Michael is known by his actions depriving Terri Schiavo of any liquids or nutrition which forced her to die!!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Gramajo320
to use your own words YOU regularly use

WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE
ONLY THE FATHER KNOWS HIS HEART

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

While I disagree with their selling names and addresses of people to solicitors, I most definitely would NOT refer to them as big greedy jerks at all. They have fought for years to save their daughter's life just the same as every parent would fight to save the life of their child. They've had to go through long difficult court battles trying to save Terri's life.
Michael Schiavo is the only one who has shown a lack of love and caring for Terri!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

List of Schiavo Donors Will Be Sold by Direct-Marketing Firm

WASHINGTON, March 28 - The parents of Terri Schiavo have authorized a conservative direct-mailing firm to sell a list of their financial supporters, making it likely that thousands of strangers moved by her plight will receive a steady stream of solicitations from anti-abortion and conservative groups.

"These compassionate pro-lifers donated toward Bob Schindler's legal battle to keep Terri's estranged husband from removing the feeding tube from Terri," says a description of the list on the Web site of the firm, Response Unlimited, which is asking $150 a month for 6,000 names and $500 a month for 4,000 e-mail addresses of people who responded last month to an e-mail plea from Ms. Schiavo's father. "These individuals are passionate about the way they value human life, adamantly oppose euthanasia and are pro-life in every sense of the word!"

Privacy experts said the sale of the list was legal and even predictable, if ghoulish.

"I think it's amusing," said Robert Gellman, a privacy and information policy consultant. "I think it's absolutely classic America. Everything is for sale in America, every type of personal information."

Executives of Response Unlimited declined to comment. Gary McCullough, director of the Christian Communication Network and a spokesman for Ms. Schiavo's parents, confirmed that Mr. Schindler had agreed to let Response Unlimited rent out the list as part of a deal for the firm to send an e-mail solicitation raising money on the family's behalf.

The Schindlers have waged a lengthy legal battle against their son-in-law Michael Schiavo to prevent the removal of the feeding tube from their daughter, who doctors say is in a persistent vegetative state.

Mr. McCullough said he was present when Mr. Schindler agreed to the arrangement in a conversation with Phil Sheldon, the co-founder of a conservative online marketing organization, RightMarch.com, who acted as a broker for Response Unlimited.

"So the Schindlers do know the details," Mr. McCullough said on Monday. How much attention they paid to the matter is hard to assess, he added. "The Schindlers right now know that their daughter is starving to death, and if I ask about anything else, they say, 'I don't want to hear about it.' "

Direct mail and mass e-mailings are ubiquitous fund-raising tools of interest groups on the left as well as the right, and others in the direct-mail business defended the sale of lists like the roster of donors to the Schindlers as a useful way for potential donors to learn of causes that might appeal to them.

Pamela Hennessy, an unpaid spokeswoman for the Schindlers, said she was initially appalled when she learned of the list's existence.

"It is possibly the most distasteful thing I have ever seen," Ms. Hennessy said. "Everybody is making a buck off of her."

Ms. Hennessy, who operates the Schindlers' Web site, www.terrisfight.org, said the family had not released any of the names or e-mail addresses gathered there. "Obviously these people are enterprising, and they are taking advantage of this very desperate father," she said.

On Sunday, as the Schindlers gave up on their legal battle and their daughter passed her 10th day without food, others continued to rally supporters and solicit money in an effort to restore the feeding tube.

"This time, we have a real chance to break through the 'roadblocks' that the enemies of life have been putting up in front of us," said a mass e-mailing from RightMarch.com, asking supporters to urge Gov. Jeb Bush to intervene somehow.

The message added: "We're asking you to give a donation to help with our activism efforts to save Terri's life. Battles cost money; resources cost money; media costs money; we could go on, but you get the picture."

Mr. Sheldon - whose father, the Rev. Lou Sheldon, founder of the Traditional Values Coalition, has also sent appeals urging support for Ms. Schiavo - apparently played a dual role as a partner in RightMarch.com, which is working with the anti-abortion activist Randall Terry, and as a broker for Response Unlimited. Mr. Sheldon did not respond to phone calls yesterday.

"I think it sounds a little unusual right now because of the situation where she is in the process of dying," said Richard Viguerie, another major conservative direct-mail operator. "If you came across this information six months or a year from now, I don't think you would give it too much thought."

[Source.]

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

If you expressed your support to Terri Schiavo and her parents fight to keep her alive, you may begin to receive a steady stream of solicitations, according to a Local 6 News report.

Terri Schiavo's parents have agreed to sell their list of supporters to a direct-mailing firm, Local 6 News reported.

The company, Response Unlimited pays about $150 a month for 6,000 names and $500 a month for 6,000 e-mail addresses.

A spokesperson for the Schindlers confirmed that they had agreed to sell the information, but won't say for how much.

[Source.]

[ April 03, 2005, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: helpforhomeschoolers ]

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement