Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The Pope Has Died

Author Topic: The Pope Has Died
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyearandcounting:
Satan came up with a good plan and he's using it. Its called false salvation and billions are swallowing hook line and sinker. Then saying I'm blessed.

If you follow Satans fake salvation your not blessed but cursed. Someday certain Christians will realize that Satan isn't as dumb as they like to think. HE KNOWS HE LOST. His whole purpose is to take as many as he can with him.

Satans gloat to God is simple this. "Your creation doesn't love you they follow me an whatever lie I give them." And God being the gentleman he is won't force himself on anyone.

I could go on but you all get the point I hope

God bless

greg

AMEN Brother Greg! I think you've hit the nail on the head [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by whitesands777:
With the massive TV coverage of the position of the pope after his death ,there are probably many, many people watching these things around the world..Millions upon millions are hearing these things and the mass deception is being delivered to people that don't know better....The stage looks like it's being set for one of the most prophetic times in scripture...

I completely agree! Things are moving at an ever increasing rate!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan came up with a good plan and he's using it. Its called false salvation and billions are swallowing hook line and sinker. Then saying I'm blessed.

If you follow Satans fake salvation your not blessed but cursed. Someday certain Christians will realize that Satan isn't as dumb as they like to think. HE KNOWS HE LOST. His whole purpose is to take as many as he can with him.

Satans gloat to God is simple this. "Your creation doesn't love you they follow me an whatever lie I give them." And God being the gentleman he is won't force himself on anyone.

I could go on but you all get the point I hope

God bless

greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a hard time with much of what I saw. I cant bear to hear people call a man the Holy Father and I heard GW call him that twice and Pat Buchanan. I expect it from the Catholics, that is what they call the Pope, but every time I hear it I cringe and my mind echo's Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

HFHS...With the massive TV coverage of the position of the pope after his death ,there are probably many, many people watching these things around the world..Millions upon millions are hearing these things and the mass deception is being delivered to people that don't know better....The stage looks like it's being set for one of the most prophetic times in scripture...
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich H
Advanced Member
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor Minded, Do you happen to have any links
or a source link for the prophecy you posted?

I am very interested in that because...

Yes I know numerology was big in the Bible days.. but the Bible itself warns against
such things.

I find your information about the number 666
much easier to swallow because it does not involve numerology.

And anyway, it just seems to "Add Up" [Wink]

Peace
Rich

Posts: 30 | From: Metro Detroit | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker ...

Once again, I couldn't agree more. It is beyond sad that so many are lost within the RCC. Your comment about Terri and the pope on their deathbeds really brings it home. That's where the rubber ultimately meets the road, huh?

If you're the pope, how would you face the great I AM and explain:

Why you allowed people to bow down to you.

Why you gave Mary the status of co-redemptress.

Why you put man-made tradition above His Word.

Why you put the Catholic Cathechism above His Word.

Why you deleted, changed, added to, and ignored His Word.

and worst of all - Why you presented yourself as the bridge between man and God.

How in the world do you explain doing those things while deceiving millions in the process?

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Father we do not see into the hearts of men, and may all who are placing their faith in their church, and not directly in You, that You would drop the scales from their eyes and open their hearts to Your Cross of Calvary and the salvation in Christ Jesus our Lord alone. Father God we pray that You would hold Your children close, lift them up and guide them upon the pathways of Your perfect will and eternal love. In Jesus' name.

AMEN [Prayer]

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel so much overwhelming sadness, and I am struck by an irony of the two deaths this week.

Terri Schiavo was the least of the RCC. Born and given "Christ" by the priest at her Baptism, and given Last rites at her death, with probably faith based in the sacraments of the RCC to justify her.

Pope John Paul II, was the highest of the RCC, the Holy Father of the RCC. Born and given "Christ" by the priest at his Baptism, and given last rites at his death, with probably faith based in the sacraments of the RCC to justify him.

Both helpless in their deathbeds and trapped relying on a counterfeit system which leads the faithful to look to the sacraments for justification, rather than directly to justification in Christ alone.

With such tremendous TV coverage, and ecumenical compromise, how many will be caught up in the emotional drama and pomp and pagentry, and led to the embracing of RCC dogma.

I am just overwhelmed with the sadness of so many eyes that are blinded, so many souls deceived and lost forever.

Catholic Cathechism:

1129 The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation .51 "Sacramental grace" is the grace of the Holy Spirit, given by Christ and proper to each sacrament. The Spirit heals and transforms those who receive him by conforming them to the Son of God. The fruit of the sacramental life is that the Spirit of adoption makes the faithful partakers in the divine nature52 by uniting them in a living union with the only Son, the Savior.

Father we do not see into the hearts of men, and may all who are placing their faith in their church, and not directly in You, that You would drop the scales from their eyes and open their hearts to Your Cross of Calvary and the salvation in Christ Jesus our Lord alone. Father God we pray that You would hold Your children close, lift them up and guide them upon the pathways of Your perfect will and eternal love. In Jesus' name.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jim, that was a very interesting article. I'm wondering where it came from? Is it SDA?

I had a bit of a hard time following the timelines and numbering (that's no big surprise... I'm awful with numbers!), but I noticed that it didn't mention anything about the Rapture either. It seemed to suggest that those who God calls out of the RCC (and all apostate churches) will still be here on earth.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
I have a hard time with much of what I saw. I cant bear to hear people call a man the Holy Father and I heard GW call him that twice and Pat Buchanan. I expect it from the Catholics, that is what they call the Pope, but every time I hear it I cringe and my mind echo's Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

This has bothered me for years now! I haven't been able to watch FoxNews (which is what I usually watch for my news) because of this.

This bears repeating:

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven

And there is another verse that I can't remember where it's found, but the Bible says that No One is HOLY EXCEPT GOD the Father!

I had the same problem when the Iraq conflict got underway when they kept calling Islamic places 'holy'

This actually makes me sick to my stomach and I have to turn it off.

I haven't read Jim's previous post here yet either. I skimmed it, and it looks Really Interesting! I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing too!

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They definitely referred to him and called him only the pope, pontiff, or the holy father and NOT the heavenly father. He definitely was a remarkable man and very much loved and respected around this world. People also very much love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I think that at the beginning of this whole thing, they were referring to him as the "heavenly father". I am almost positive I heard that a bunch of times before it switched to "holy father". At first I was like, cmon now, there is only one Heavenly Father! Then, they switched to holy father. Did anyone else catch that or was I imagining things? This was on Fox mind you.

Yes Linda, things are moving very fast. Wow! If things speed up any more, we are going to have to buckle up! What an exhilarating time we live in. I'm so blessed to have Jesus as my Savior. How scary and confusing this world would be without Him!

God bless and stay strong. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Franklin Graham this morning too. He was wonderful. I was cheering. Curic was asking him about his father's meeting with the Pope, and he just kept bringing the conversation back to Christ; He was so clear...."the ONLY way to the Father, God is through Christ Jesus." He talked about Jesus dying for our sins, and being buried and RISEN. He Lives, said Franklin! They didn't even interupt him; the whole Gospel of Christ right on National TV!!!

We don't have TV, but Hal & I were away from home last night and so I got to watch from our hotel.

I have to tell you, I wished I had Hal's laptop cause I was thinking about all of you as I watched. The prophecy kept ringing in my ears as I watched the sea of people standing in Rome.

I have a hard time with the media talking about the faithful all praying for the Pope as they show clips of people and the prayer you hear them praying? "Hail Mary full of Grace....." as they count another bead.

I have a hard time hearing the corespondant talk about How dedicated the Pope is to Mary. I think to myself...NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE does it say we are to be dedicated to Mary!!!!! and I want to scream what about Jesus....I want to hear the name of JESUS!!!!

I listened to a young man talk about how this Pope is the one who turned his life around and caused him to go to semenary. He kept talking about how he new that he had a purpose in life to spread the "good news" and each time he used that phrase the "good news" he followed it with "the news that there is love and hope and I wanted to scream...THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT CHRIST IS THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD DIED AND RISEN FOR OUR SINS AND HE LIVES!!!!!! That is the GOOD NEWS. THERE IS NO LOVE AND HOPE WITHOUT CHRIST!!! CHRIST, I WANTED TO HEAR CHRIST! and I heard very little about Christ.

I watched the Polish Catholic church in Chicago where they have erected a very life like statute of John Paull II and I thought of John and of Paul and of Peter and I thought how I could not for the life of me believe that they would have been honored or blessed to walk into a place where the congregation gatheres and find a life size realistic statute of themselves. I think surely they would have torn it down and rebuked those who erected it.

I listened to all the talk about what a wonderful job this Pope has done to embrace other religions, Islam and also the Jew and I listened as they talked of his power in the countries of the world and how governments would think twice about decisions that might bring upon them the chastisement of this powerful Pope and I thought to myself, are these things pleasing to God???? I wanted to cry.

I haven't had a chance to read your post through yet FM, but I am looking forward to it. Sometimes I feel like the events are coming so fast right now it is like a whirlwind. Watching todays events listening to the talk about the next Pope and the vision of the Roman church and the need to further embrace Islam, which is something I have seen for some good number of years now, but hearing it spoken was somewhat overwhelming, listening to all this and watching all this today just made me tremble; then we came home and my husband was reading about the rdf and they are going to use them in Passports now, and we talked about our drivers licenses and what we were gonna do when they want these divices in those as well. It is has just been a bit overwhelming today to see where we are in the scheme of things. How much will we see?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Hi Eric,

Yes - Very interesting -

Here is another interpretation of prophecy -

The Books of Daniel and Revelation clearly identify the "beast" as the Roman Catholic Church. There are over 50 characteristics within Bible prophecy that identify the "beast", or the "antichrist", and every single one, without exception, is fulfilled in the Roman Catholic Church. There is not another power on this planet, in the entire history of the world, that matches every one of these precise and prophetic characteristics.

Furthermore, all the Popes throughout history have numbered their names, as most Monarchs do. For example, Pope John Paul II has the number 2 as "the number of his name". Therefore, if we add up the numbers of the name, "John Paul", we arrive at 3.

John Paul I (1) plus John Paul II (2) equals 3 (1+2=3).

If we add all the numbers of all the Popes' names in the time period specified in Revelation 17, do you know what number Pope John Paul II equals? We are told to, "count the number of the beast" (Revelation 13:18), and counting up to and including Pope John Paul II, we arrive at the number 665! This means that the next Pope, having a name not previously used, will have, "the number of his name" equaling 666.

Can we expect the next pope after John Paul II, to enforce the Mark of the Beast law?

Count the Popes since 1798 (the time period given in Revelation 17)

Pius
Leo
Gregory
Benedict
John
Paul
John Paul
New Papal Name

Total Name Count:

1. Pius
2. Leo
+91
3. Gregory
+136
4. Benedict
+105
5. John
+231
6. Paul
+21
7. John Paul
+3
8. New Name
+1

Revelation
13: 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
17: 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
17: 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
17: 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Considering the elements of the prophecy that numbers the 666 beast, and knowing the beast is represented by the papacy, then thinking of the fact that the popes have put numbers on their names, we can see how the numbers of these names added up.

Since I knew of the prophecy of the 1260 year papal rule - consider that the year 1798 was relevant to this beast's number. Count the numbers of the popes from 1798 to the present.

The number of names they have used is seven, and I noted that this matched the number of heads of the beast. Seeing then that the seven names they have used, appeared to fit the seven mountains/kingdoms. Estimate the count of the the numbers.

The answer was within a very close proximity of 666, so if one could get the exact facts, the exact number could be counted to the present time.

An ordinal rule that an antipope has no count, as the number he would have used, is taken by the next legitimate pope who takes that same name.

This is demonstrated by the papal line of Stephen, noting also that there was no John XX.

So by eliminating the two antipopes; John XVI and Benedict X, and eliminating the missing John XX, the count had now come to exactly 665 with John Paul II.

This would leave only one to complete the count to 666. The antichrist is expected to have a count of one because as Jesus stated in John 5:43; I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

The interplay of heads and names used by the popes since 1798, display an interesting scenario;

The first head Pius, was followed by the second head Leo, then reverting back to the first head Pius, before introducing the third, Gregory.

This jostling of names occurs until John appears, then it moves in a straight procession to the sixth head, and then to the seventh head. Thus the prophecy by stating that five are fallen, it allows for the interplay of the names, but then when it comes to the sixth and seventh, it requires a straight progression without reverting to any other previously used name.

See how accurately the seventh head fits within this record; Revelation 17:10 states that at the time of the ’sixth' head, the ’seventh' had not come yet.

The name, ”John Paul”, as the seventh head, had never been used before the name, ”Paul”, who was the sixth head.

The 1290 year prophecy ends at 1798, the same time as the 1260 year prophecy with the additional 30 years placed at 508 A.D.

Protestants have no problem identifying this as the time of the oppressive papal rule over the kings of the earth. This is the beast as it is described in Revelation 13. The next papal period spans from 1798 at the ”setting up'' of the ”abomination that maketh desolate'' and goes until the end where Christ brings the final judgment upon the beast, which ends with the final eighth head that ”goeth into perdition'' .

This research has uncovered a striking parallel between the number 666, and the count of the popes' numbers.

The mathematics of this prophecy require an exactness which is met in the historic record. This prophecy is about to unfold before the whole world. As soon as the next papal election takes place, it will be seen to fit exactly with this prophecy.

You should be able to understand now what this prophecy says and know what will soon take place. We are at the end of the ”short space'' which will soon begin unfolding the last day events. The prophecies of the Holy Bible have never failed. They have exposed the beast and have exposed the deceptions of Satan.

The Mirror-Image Pattern in Revelation

The book of Revelation has a mirror-like pattern to it. From the first chapter to the last, there are five sets of matches. The two center-most verses which correspond to this pattern are;

Revelation 13: 18
He that hath wisdom, let him count the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is six hundred, threescore, and six.
Revelation 17: 9

And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth.

And there are seven kings: Five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The second verse references the first, and provides further explanation to the first. It identifies who it is whose number is 666.

Following this description of the beast's heads, the twelfth verse delves into the description of the ten horns. These ten powers give their allegiance to the beast, and receive power one hour with the beast. This portion of the prophecy is yet future (first written in 1996).

Elements of the Prophecy

The Beast with Seven Heads
Beast = Papacy
Heads of the Beast = Heads of the Papacy (”Names” of popes, not individual popes)
The Number of the beast 666
7 Heads = 7 Mountains (kingdoms)
The Number of a man 666
Count the "numbers"

The Beast has been held to be the papacy, from the earliest days of the Reformation, for more than 300 years. Ample evidence exists that expose the papacy as this beast, that has not been adequately disputed, nor has it ever been proven false.

Every characteristic of the beast matches the Papacy, and no other power in history. It is a straight conclusion then that if the seven heads are the heads ”of the beast'', then they are the heads ”of the papacy''.

The papal record indeed shows there to be seven heads (names of popes) since 1798 as outlined in the prophecy, and the cumulative sum of the numbers of their names, equals a total of 665 with John Paul II.

The total number; 666 constitutes the number of the beast. The numbers are counted from the names of the seven heads.

Example:
The name of the head = Pius
Number of his name = 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 = 78

The 7 heads are;
1 Pius .............. Pius XII (12)
2 Leo ............... Leo XIII (13)
3 Gregory........ Gregory XVI (16)
4 Benedict ....... Benedict XIV (14)
5 John ............. John XXI (21)
6 Paul .............. Paul VI (6)
7 John Paul....... John Paul II (2)

After the death of John Paul II, it will be clearly evident as to what will follow.

The count of an antipope was set by the Laternal Record to be zero, so wherever the record has deviated from this rule, the correct rule is applied.

Five are fallen (1-5), one is (6th), and the other has not yet come (7th).

In Daniel 7:6, it portrays a leopard beast that has four heads. These four heads are the four divisions that Alexander's Grecian empire was divided into and given to his four generals. These four heads are also Grecian. Each had control of a portion of the parent empire.

These were Cassandra, Lysimachus, Ptolemy and Seleucus. This serves as a model of how the seven heads of Revelation 17 are to be seen; The seven heads of the papal beast, are also of the papal empire, and are not as many assume; the ancient empires, which have no relation to the papal beast.

The seventh short space.

The seventh head that continues a short space is the name ”John Paul”, and when all seven heads are measured as to their tenure of reign, the tenure of John Paul has indeed been the shortest space. John Paul has been in office for the past 23+ years as compared to Paul, the next longest head to reign at 67 years.

The 8th head, of the seven that goes into perdition.

The eighth head stands apart from the seven, because he is the antichrist. He comes in his own name, thereby yeilding the final ”one'' to the cumulative count of 665. Nothing makes a prophetic message more urgent than knowing it is being fulfilled now.

At the time of the papal election following the end of John Paul II, it will be clear that the prophecy has been followed accordingly, and the Loud Cry will commence.

It is time NOW, to study this interpretation completely, so that when this does occur, the wheels of action will be in place and the time not wasted.

Revelation 13:18 and Revelation 17:9-11 and the True Count of the 666 Beast.

The more we look at how the recent Catholic history fits the prophecy, it is quite possible that it is true. The prophecy appears just like a rubber stamp of the Catholic church's historical record.

From my initial point of inspiration, around 1994-95, in a flash of insight, it makes sense that the set of the numbers of the popes, when added up would total somewhere near 666.

Examining the scriptures in regard to what is the wisdom in the counting of the beast whose number is 666. In Rev 13:18, it reads; "Here is wisdom..." and again in Rev 17:9; "And here is the mind which hath wisdom..."

Both verses are referring to the same beast. There are only two verses that the word "wisdom" is used in this manner.

The seven heads are the seven names of popes.
13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

While many have referred to a counting of the letters of the "title" of the papacy, as done by assigning numerical values to the letters, the Bible does not specifically indicate that this is the correct application. It does state that it is the number of a beast and a man.

To apply it to the title of the papacy, may be more than a coincidence, but it does not completely fulfill the description in Scripture.

Certainly, it points to the "beast" which possesses the spirit of antichrist, but only one man will be the Antichrist at the time appointed, not the whole system of the papacy. (The papacy is already represented by a beast, of which, only the last head or pope will become the one antichrist.)

Pictured here is a woman, in this case a ***** , who is seated upon seven mountains, or as it is applied here, means kingdoms.

The ***** woman is the papal church. So whatever the mountains are to be, this ***** woman who is found sitting on them is closely linked to them.

The popes have each taken on a different name than their own, and of these names, they have repeatedly used the same name, and have added "numbers" to them.

Add up these numbers and see how many popes there are. Here are the math figures derived from the Vatican's own Official Laternal Record taken from the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia.

There are 79 different names used by the popes.
There have been only 7 names of popes used since 1798.

The beast's number is 666, and is the number of a man.

The beast has 7 heads, and are 7 mountains and are 7 kings.

With these 7 names or ”heads,'' the cumulative count comes to 665 with John Paul II.

Table 1 below is calculated by adding up each number of their names in a ”mountain'' fashion. Pope Paul for example contributes 21 to the count by adding the numbers of all the popes named Paul; 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6.

Thus the ”Kingdom'' or mountain of a head consists of all the numbers of the valid popes of that name added up. The names of the seven heads are beside their respective number.

The popes of these ”mountains”, or ”kingdoms” of all eras throughout the papal reign are represented.

The subjects of his ”Kingdom” are from all people from the whole earth who profess it to be their faith. Count the numbers of all the names of all the seven heads. That man whose number completes the count to 666 is the Antichrist.

The numbers were predetermined to equal the count of 666 at the appointed time.

The beast began the phase ”is not", in 1798 after the death of Pope Pius VI, in prison.

The count must also be adjusted to eliminate the errors. There was no John XX in the Official Catholic Laternal record, and John XVI and Benedict X (1058-1059) were deposed, so the "actual" number is reduced by the same amount. This corrects the count to the true number that was naturally done by the following antipopes not listed in the record: Benedict XIII (1394-1423), Gregory VIII (1118-1121) and John XXIII (1410-1415) were deposed and their count continues with the true Benedict XIII (1724-1730), Gregory VIII (1187) and John XXIII (1958-1963). Gregory (1012) and John (844) were deposed and were not even numbered, and therefore the count was not affected by them.

Fundamentalists argue that these seven mountains must be the seven hills of ancient Rome. However the Greek word here, ”horos”, is almost always translated ”mountain” rather than ”hill”.

Mountains are often symbols of kingdoms in Scripture (Ps. 68:15, Dan. 2:35, Obad. 8-21, Amos 4:1, 6:1), which might be why the seven heads also symbolize seven kings. The mountains could stand for a series of seven kings/kingdoms, five of whom have already fallen.

This passage gives us a key rule of Bible interpretation which is often denied by Fundamentalists: that a symbol does not have to refer to one and only one thing. Here the heads refer to both seven mountains and seven kings, meaning the symbol has multiple fulfillments.

Thus there is not a one-to-one correspondence in the Bible between symbols and their referents. According to her, the papacy is the seven-headed beast from the sea in Revelation 13:1-10.

The seven heads are identified as the seven names of the popes from 1798. Table 2, shows the complete chronological list of popes since 1798.

By counting the numbers of each of the names of these seven heads, we arrive at the count of the beast. Thus, when the total comes to 666, the count will have become complete, and ”the man of sin” revealed.

It takes us to the conclusion that with the current pope, John Paul II, the count of the beast stands at 665.

The next one introduced as the "eighth" who comes in his own name, may be the antichrist.

The Catholic Church will then be embroiled in turmoil and many will separate from it, as the man of sin is revealed.

The antichrist will be the Eighth head, and uses his own name and thereby introduces the final identifying 1 to the count making him 666, and takes the Seat of the Holy See.

John Paul II, stood as the seventh head.

The conclusive proof will depend on what the name is, that is given to the next pope. If the name is new and therefore singular, then it is he who is the antichrist. If it is John Paul III, it continues in the seventh head, and he will be deposed as an antipope.

An antipope then, would only provide an interim waiting period before the arrival of the antichrist.

The bottom line is this; the next pope whose name is new, or of his own, and thereby contributes a count of "one" is the antichrist.

God sends us these prophecies to reveal what is soon to transpire. Pope John Paul II has just passed away.

Watch the count change, note the name and follow after God's lead.

Agreeing with this explanation of the seven mountains we have Uriah Smith who has arrived at the same conclusion; "The Seven Heads. -- The seven heads are explained to be, first, seven mountains, and then seven kings.

The expression in verse 10, ”and there are seven kings,” reads in the original, ”and are seven kings.” This makes the sentence read: ”The seven heads are seven mountains... and are seven kings,” thus identifying heads, mountains, and kings." Daniel and Revelation p. 711

The "City of Seven Hills" in Rome is often cited as the interpretation given to Revelation 17:9, but Uriah Smith has presented clear Biblical evidence showing that there is no validity to it, and that the mountains are distinctly symbolic of kingdoms.

It is written in his book "Daniel & Revelation." The seven mountains are not the seven hills of the city of Rome, as many have thought. In the original Greek, the text reads; "The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth, and are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space."

The mountains here cannot be literal, because they are first called seven heads, and then as seven kings. Mountains symbolically denote kingdoms. These mountains are consecutive in nature as it reads; "five are fallen..."

This false interpretation assumes that the explanation of a symbol must always be literal.

It falls to the ground the moment it can be shown that symbols are sometimes explained by substituting for them other symbols, and then explaining the latter... as it is in this case. ”The seven heads are seven mountains,” and ”the woman is that great city”. It is not difficult to show that the ”mountains” and the ”city” are also symbols.

We are informed in Revelation 13 that one of the seven heads (is) wounded to death. This head therefore cannot be a literal mountain, for it would be folly to speak of wounding a mountain to death.

Each of the seven heads has a crown upon it, but who ever saw a literal mountain with a crown upon it? The seven heads are evidently successive in order of time, for we read, ”Five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come.”
Revelation 17:10.

But the seven hills on which Rome is built are not successive, and it would be absurd to apply such language to them.

According to Daniel 7:6, compared with Daniel 8:8, 22, heads denote governments, and according to Daniel 2:35, 44, and Jeremiah 51:25, mountains denote kingdoms. According to these facts, a literal translation of Rev. 17:9, 10 removes all obscurity: ”The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth, and are seven kings.”

It will thus be seen that the angel represents the heads as mountains, and then explains the mountains to be seven successive kings.

The meaning is transferred from one symbol to another, and then an explanation is given of the second symbol.

"From the foregoing argument, it follows that the ”woman” cannot represent a literal city, for the mountains upon which the woman sits being symbolic, a literal city cannot sit upon symbolic mountains." Daniel and Revelation pp 644 - 645

Further evidence of identifying the ***** Babylon is found in Revelation, chapters 13 and 17. God tells His people to count the number of the beast.

He elaborates more on the nature of this beast with a description of its having seven heads, being also seven mountains and seven kings. There must be a connection between the seven heads and the count of the 666 man.

The period of the time of this beast starts in 1798. Since that time, there have been seven different names of the heads of the Catholic church.

Add the numbers of all the popes of these seven heads and the count stands at 665. When the count reaches 666, that man whose count is ”one'' is the antichrist.

”...Other sheep have I, not of this fold...” God has His people scattered among all the various denominations, including the Catholic faith. And in the final events of this world, before God sends His judgments to destroy it, He first pleads with His people to come out of her.
”My sheep hear my voice...”

When God calls His own, He empowers them to understand. He will send home His message, and He will expose the ”man of sin”, and the corruptions within the churches so His people can see and depart, and not be partakers of the 7 last plagues soon to be poured out.

Rev 13:3, "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

Does the papal church have "heads?"
Yes, the popes are called the heads of the church.

Are there "seven" of them?
Yes; Pius, Leo, Gregory, Benedict, John, Paul, and John Paul.

Are these "heads" represented also as kingdoms?

Yes, they are listed under their adopted names and numbered just as it is done in a monarchy.

Did any of these heads receive a deadly wound, and was this deadly wound healed?

Yes, This may either be Pius VI or Pope John Paul II, and either of them would fulfill this element of the prophecy.

Considering that John Paul II is now dead, the "Short Space" of Rev 17:10 just expired.

Soon the Eighth Head will complete the count to the sum of 666.

This is the precise identifier of the "Man of Sin." While the Eighth Head sets up his Agenda, it will bring forward the "First Angel's Message" saying that the "Hour" of His Judgment has come.

The call to come out of Babylon is repeated.

Having just correctly identified and re-identified the "Beast" of Rev 17, those that see and believe, will take the opportunity to separate from Babylon.

Ripp
unregistered

Jim,

It's a sad time but also intriguing isn't it? I have been thinking about the possiblities for the last week of what will happen next. Wow! These are indeed exciting times we live in. I am looking forward to their decision. The anticipation for this is huge! He will have big shoes to fill that's for sure.

One thing's for sure though, we are moving right along aren't we? The news every day reads like a horror novel straight from the keystrokes of Stephen King! Wow!

Keep your eyes on the sky!

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Favor Minded
unregistered

As John Paul's death neared, members of the College of Cardinals, the red-robed "princes" of the Roman Catholic Church, headed toward the Vatican to prepare for the secret duty of locking themselves in the Sistine Chapel to elect the next pope.
Gramajo320
unregistered

Ripp,

Thank you very much for posting this latest news telling us of the pope's passing. It's very much appreciated.

The pope was a very remarkable man and was and is much loved all around this world. President Bush spoke wonderful words for all of the pope's accomplsiments and also expressed their condolences on his passing, and the flags are now flying half staff.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May John Paul II be at peace with the Lord Jesus Christ. [Prayer]

THE FALSE PROPHET [Bible]
By Paul Kusiak
raptureready
--------------------------------------------------

After the Rapture (The Rapture is when Jesus will gather His followers together in heaven. See John 14:2-3), a religious leader will arise. The Bible refers to him as the False Prophet because while he claims to be from God he is, in fact, inspired by Satan.

He will team with Satan and the Antichrist to form an unholy trinity. Satan imitates the Father, The Antichrist imitates the Son, and the False Prophet imitates the Holy Spirit. And, just as the Holy Spirit draws people to Jesus, the False Prophet draws people to the Antichrist.

The Bible lays out how he will accomplish this goal:

1) HE WILL APPEAR TO BE PEACEFUL

“Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.” (Revelation 13:11)

The False Prophet will appear to be a man of peace and unity. That’s why Revelation 13:11 says he has horns like a lamb. But he will speak like a dragon. His message will be against the Bible and Christians.

2) HE WILL BE THE HEAD OF A ONE WORLD RELIGION

“And he exercises all the authority of the first beast [the Antichrist] in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” (Revelation 13:12)

The False Prophet will unite the world’s religions. While the idea of all religions coming together as one sounds wonderful all religions do not teach the same thing. Truth is not relative; it is absolute. One teaching is right. The others are wrong.

Jesus said that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that no man can go to heaven and be with God except through Him (John 14:6). One road leads to God, the rest lead away from Him. Those who follow this one world religion are the enemies of God and will be separated from Him in hell forever (Matthew 7:13-14).

3) HE WILL PERFORM SIGNS & WONDERS

“He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.” (Revelation 13:13)

In order to gain a greater following, the False Prophet will perform many miracles and the world will be amazed. But don’t be deceived. Satan comes disguised as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14-15) and so do his followers. Like Matthew 7:15 says, "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.”

4) HE WILL FORCE THE WORLD TO WORSHIP THE ANTICHRIST

“And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived." (Revelation 13:14)

He starts out peaceful like a lamb, unites the world’s religions and performs miraculous feats. Once he has gained the trust of the world, the False Prophet will command that an image of the Antichrist be made.

He will then show his true colors.

5) HE WILL KILL THOSE WHO DO NOT WORSHIP THE ANTICHRIST

“He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast [Antichrist], that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.” (Revelation 13:15)

After performing another miracle – making the image of the beast speak – he will kill those who refuse to worship the image. But those who refuse to worship should be encouraged. Jesus told us not to fear those who can kill the body, but rather fear those who can kill the body and cast the soul into hell (Matthew 10:28). For those who follow Christ, death is not to be feared because to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8).

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Being reported on Fox, will give link when available. Let us pray that many will be led to Jesus. God and Jesus have been in the news a lot lately. This no doubt serves His purpose."

Yes! This morning on NBC's Today Show, I saw Katie Couric (ugh!) interview Franklin Graham about the pope. In the process, he laid out a clear plan of salvation. It must have made her nuts to have to sit through it. Heh heh!

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

This might take awhile to come up with all the views.

Vatican Says Pope John Paul II Dies at 84 (AP)
quote:
VATICAN CITY (AP) -- Pope John Paul II, the Polish pontiff who led the Roman Catholic Church for more than a quarter century and became history's most-traveled pope, has died at 84, the Vatican announced in an e-mail Saturday.
Pope John Paul II Dies at 84 (FOX)
quote:
Pope John Paul II, the bold, humanitarian leader of the Roman Catholic Church, has died at 84, the Vatican announced in an e-mail Saturday.

Ripp
unregistered

Being reported on Fox, will give link when available. Let us pray that many will be led to Jesus. God and Jesus have been in the news a lot lately. This no doubt serves His purpose.

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement