Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » News Story, how does this fit?

Author Topic: News Story, how does this fit?
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
danny458 wrote:
quote:
Respect and treatment for Muslims & people of other faiths. Sterotyping in general

As Christians we are called to love everyone and treat others as we would be treated. We are to love them and let the Spirit lead them to Jesus. However, the Quran teaches them to disrespect other religions. It says that all non-muslims shall be converted or destroyed. We must defend ourselves against this evil. They will stop at nothing to convert or destroy everything that is non-muslim. They worship a god of destruction, our God is a God of love. Our God is the only true God.

quote:
Homosexualiy (on how we treat them publically and politically)

We are to love them as well, like Jesus loves us. However, we are not to give up and say it's ok to be homosexual. We must continue to try and lead them to the Truth. The Bible says:

13If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. [Leviticus 20:13]

Even though we don't put homosexuals to death, we should encourage them to leave their life of sin. Loving homosexuals does not mean that we don't point out their sin. To be tolerant and silent is hate. We must love them AND guide them to the Word and the Truth.

quote:
Euthinasia

That term is a politically correct term for killing someone.

quote:
Creationism/Evolution

What issues do you have with creationism?

quote:
End Times
Alcohol
Tithing

What are your beliefs? Conflicts? Can you expand? All you did was name categories here.

quote:
God's heart when it comes to disaters (I don't say "170,000 died... but 1000 became Christians because of it... PRAISE GOD for the tsunami!)
I'm not sure what you are arguing here but God has a purpose for everyone. He wishes that all be saved, but not all will. I doubt that our gracious Father delights in the destruction of human souls...

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 2 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hmm, I'm happy to be reborn. Perhaps you could expand on what issues you disagree with.

The Word is the 'knowledge' Danny. You must find the Truth yourself.

Issues where I believe we may have differences:
Respect and treatment for Muslims & people of other faiths. Sterotyping in general
Homosexualiy (on how we treat them publically and politically)
Euthinasia
Creationism/Evolution
End Times
Alcohol
Tithing
God's heart when it comes to disaters (I don't say "170,000 died... but 1000 became Christians because of it... PRAISE GOD for the tsunami!)
to name a few...

The Word is knowledge. But it can be interperted in different ways... there are plenty of Bible believing Christians that disagree about issues, and both support sides with scripture...

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

danny458 wrote:
quote:
Yes I am 'Born Again' though I do like to avoid labels when I can. Most people under the label of 'Born Again' have differnt views than I do on many secondanry thological issues, so I avoid labeling myself as such...
Hmm, I'm happy to be reborn. Perhaps you could expand on what issues you disagree with.

quote:
I see how your views tie together into a belief system, but you talk as if your views are knowledge, there's a big difference.
The Word is the 'knowledge' Danny. You must find the Truth yourself.

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 17 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp-

Yes I am 'Born Again' though I do like to avoid labels when I can. Most people under the label of 'Born Again' have differnt views than I do on many secondanry thological issues, so I avoid labeling myself as such...

I understand the fig tree story. I guess I'm just not in agreement that it 'proves' anything about the end times. Jesus says many things that aren't to be taken literally... (cut your eye out is one) the fig tree could be taken in a similar symbolic way. Or... we infallable humans could be reading too much in to current events which has been happening quite often since the early church thought they were in the end times.... 2000 years of incorrect guesses. Hal Lindsay is the highest profile 'wrong' guesser that I can think of. (A financially well off one though...)

I see how your views tie together into a belief system, but you talk as if your views are knowledge, there's a big difference.

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Thank you and God bless Betty. I had some problems with my web host and didn't get much sleep last night. I had to run out of the door to get to class on time. Thanks for being there. [Kiss]

Danny,

The parable of the fig tree can be explained as:

quote:
Matt 24:32-35 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

All the end-time events that Jesus spoke about in Matthew chapter twenty-four will take place in one generation, the last generation, our generation, the time of the end. No one knows when this generation will end because God has not told us in His word, but if we look back and determine when this end-time generation began we may be able to determine when it may end.

Just as we know that summer is near when we see the fig tree put forth leaves, we know that the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ is near when we see these things begin to take place. The fig tree began to put forth its leaves on May 14, 1948, the day Israel became a nation after not being a nation for almost nineteen hundred years. The generation that will not pass away, until after all the end-time events take place, began on May 14, 1948. This means the generation of adult males who were living in the land of Israel on May 14, 1948, will not all die until after all the end-time events have taken place. God wants us to know the end is near.

You can get more information here:
Favorminded.com

Hope that helps.

P.S. Accepting the Lord Jesus Christ is imperative to seeing these things. I noticed that you didn't mention if you were born again in your profile. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and repented of your sins? I pray you have and the Spirit will lead you to the truth.

God bless. [Prayer]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go, Bro. Ripp

Mat 24:32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh: Mat 24:33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doorsMat 24:34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Mat 24:35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Mat 24:36But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Mat 24:37But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, Mat 24:39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Mat 24:40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Mat 24:41Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Mat 24:42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. Mat 24:43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up
Mat 24:44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
-----------------------------

Danny,
think of it like this, the people of Noah's day saw him build that ark for over a hundred years. They begin to get used to seeing it. But, one day the rains came. How many cried out if we had known we would have accepted and came in.
There are millions of people who know the truth today, but they tell themselves that people have been saying Jesus is coming back for 2000 years and He has not. But when day the rapture will happen and they will cry out "if we had knew we would have gotten saved"
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
As far as that article goes, we don't know how it will all come together or when. All we know is that it will. We can see it shaping up however and so His return could happen at any time.

I agree... but I see so many articles about israel, EU, syria, etc... posted here with the comment "See!!! Its happening!!!" My only point is, there are articles everyday indicating the end is here, but there are also articles of equal relevence that support the oppossing side... someone who reads this board will generally only get one side of the story...

Yes 100,000 is entirely possible. Explain how the fig tree "Proves" that I'm wrong...

Ripp
unregistered

I forgot to post on the parable of the fig tree which tells us that His return is coming soon and can't be 100,000 years. Maybe someone could be gracious and post that, I am in a hurry and have to go. [Frown]

Ripp
unregistered

As far as that article goes, we don't know how it will all come together or when. All we know is that it will. We can see it shaping up however and so His return could happen at any time.

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
1 Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven. 2He answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, "It will be fair weather, for the sky is red'; 3and in the morning, "It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. 4A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah." And He left them and departed. [Matthew 16:1-4]
Your statement is pretty common and is true. Only the Father knows the day of our Lords return. However, we do know what to look for and when you look at all the signs, His return is imminent. I can cleary see the the storm on the horizon. Just reading the news every day tells us our time here is short.

quote:
7So they asked Him, saying, "Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?"
8And He said: "Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, "I am He,' and, "The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go after them. 9But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately."

10Then He said to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. 12But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. [Luke 21:7-12]

quote:
3Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
4And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in My name, saying, "I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a] these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,[b] and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. [Matthew 24:3-14]

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 10 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry! Here's the link
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
URL=http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/29/france.referendum.reut/index.html]No to the EU Constitution[/URL]

I've read soooooooooooo many posts about how 'obvious' it is that we're in the end times.... the EU is the new Roman Empire, World Government etc...

Public support in France, one of the biggest countries in the EU, for the European Constitution is fading. If the EU constituation gets rejected, and the power of the EU gets bogged down... will you reconsider the idea that the end MAY NOT be immenent?

Don't get me wrong, I believe the end could happen tomorrow... but I also believe if could happen in 100,000 years. Every generation of Christians is full of people who 'know' they are in the last generation... you could be wrong too [Smile]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement