Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » When did the Arc of God get moved?

Author Topic: When did the Arc of God get moved?
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are two versions of what happened to the Arc. I can relate to you an "overview" of them--it's been a good while since I read this stuff and I'm a bit fuzzy. Perhaps someone else can supply the exact dates, names, etc.

Solomon's son, who married a Cushian (African) princess, was very dismayed over Solomon's neglect of the Temple, which had become overrun with idols and various pagan/ungodly activity. One of the things Solomon did was to have a second Arc constructed (which did not contain the sacred artifacts of the original, but would serve as a "stand-in" that could be taken to Africa by his son and used as an altar.) In his disgust, and dissatisfaction, the son took the original Arc without Solomon's knowledge, leaving him the copy. Now, today, in Africa there is a holy Christian church building said to house the Arc--with annointed priests who attend it, and are the only ones allowed to view it. I've seen at least two TV documentaries about this.

This story is contradicted by another account, in which the Arc was among the items plundered by the Babylonians, who placed it in their own "hall of gods" as sort of a mockery--a symbol that their own gods had proven their power by taking the Arc from the god of the Jews. Legend says that a curious thing began happening to the statues of their gods within their temple... any construct that the Arc was placed next to, would be found demolished or toppled come morning. The Arc was finally returned to the original Temple mount when the Romans overthrew the Babylonians. I think Nebuchunezzar (sp) may have been influencial in the Arc's caretaking, but that's another fuzzy area in my memory. Eventually of course, the mount was taken over by Islam--the Arc is supposedly still held in an underground vault (among other artifacts) beneath the mount--and has been sought after by many archeologists and religious historians. The Muslims do not allow the vault opened.

Of course, this leads to speculation as to which Arc is the true Arc, and which is the copy. It is possible that the one under the mount is the real Arc, and the one in Africa is the decoy. And vice-versa. But no one actually knows.

This is all generalization, and I may have my facts a little blurred, but this is essentially what is believed about the Arc(s). If anyone can enlighten us, and fine-tune what I've contributed, please be my guest! Hope this helps.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we know that Solomon was warned of the coming division of the kingdom because of his sins in the end part of his life.

Was it moved then? Which I think it was. To where was it moved? It is a standard that will be used in the later days.

Isa.49
[22] Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

or maybe when Nebby sacked the Temple?

But everything that was removed that was written about in the Bible made no mention of the Arc during this plunder, or the next one, or even the things brought to Rome after 70 AD,.

The first sacking of the Temple happened 1,957 years and 6 months and 10 days after the flood.

Any thoughts on this?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement