Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » "Jurissac Park" for real?

Author Topic: "Jurissac Park" for real?
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty wrote:
quote:
There seems to be more disagreement on the rapture now than ever. I think it is a trick of the devil, to get Christians and others to stop believing that Jesus is coming back for His Church.

Absolutely! I have been seeing the same thing. The rapture has been an increasing divider in the body recently. Attacks from all sides have been increasing as well. The spiritual war is overheating and we must don our armor now more than ever. It's only going to get worse!

God bless and stay strong. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Grandma and Favorminded,

Amen to your postings and God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Ripp
unregistered

Favor wrote:
quote:
What is God telling you this means?

Matthew 24:31
And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Mark 13:27
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.

I see those verses meaning that the angels will gather ALL the elect, in a total and complete way. Or, some of the elect could be located in/around the heavens and the four winds. I just don't see the other worldly view there. It's possible Jim, but it's not clearly stated. I think it's difficult to grab those two verses and say that human/alien life on other planets exist. I just can't stretch that far with those verses.

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Bro John Hagee preach on the 10 signs we are living in the last days, yesterday.
One thing he mentioned was that he was tired of people calling those of us who believe in the rapture, being accused of believing in escapism, but then he added, if you go by that. We could say salvation is escapism; after all we are trusting in our salvation to save us from hell.

When people start trying to disprove the rapture, I can’t help but wonder what they are going to go after, next, salvation?
There are people in the world already that are tearing the Bible to bits. I have seen enough “religious” shows on discovery channel, where so called Bible experts try to dispute the parting of the red sea, the virgin birth, and the creation. As Christians, we do not want to start ripping apart the Bible ourselves.
Betty

There seems to be more disagreement on the rapture now than ever. I think it is a trick of the devil, to get Christians and others to stop believing that Jesus is coming back for His Church.

By the way. The Church I grew up in was started by John Hagee's dad. In fact we have a kitchen and wing that is named after his dad.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Jim,

What I meant by "leave it alone" is to not force a belief or force read into it. I see no problem with discussing this or any other topic. I just think we need to be very careful about making things out that aren't clearly Written. My point was that those verses don't clearly state that other beings, or humans from other planets are what's being gathered and we should be extremely careful not to 'SEE' that that is what those verses mean. There are a lot of things we will not fully understand until the day we meet our Lord. Believe me, I have a lot of questions I would like answered but they will just have to wait. [Wink]

Favor Minded
unregistered

So am I to understand that no one is willing or has a desire to discuss and "study"

And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.

Erics says "leave it alone" -

I don't think it right to leave verses alone, nor do I think it wrong to discuss...

What is God telling you this means?

Remember - Angels are doing the gathering...

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few things about the Bible...
The books are different, set in different places, cultures, and written for different reasons. Some of the books are letters (ie Pauls letters), some are narrative accounts (ie Gospels), some are books of poetry (ie Psalms), some are books of prophecy (revalation). Also, some of Christs teachings are NO meant to be taken literally! Cut your eye out if it causes you to sin? Harder for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle? Who here really believes these things in a literal sense? Yet with both the Rapture, and Young Earth, we (as Christians) take verses from around the bible, put them in a neat little format, and TADAAA! We've created a passage that didn't exist before. It all fits together nicely.

Do you read a phone book the same way as you read a text book? Or a love letter? Or an instruction manual? No, to understand any text, you have to read in its appropriate context.

I'm not saying that there will be no rapture. But I am saying, its not as CERTAIN as it seems many believe it to be. The rapture is not an essential doctirne of faith, but with the way its discussed here, I can see how non-chrsitians could be scared off or believe this is a cult.

And... evolution DOES happen and it has been proven. To an extent at least. Fish to man maybe not, but there are plenty of cases in nature where animals have changed color over generations (ie sand crabs that change color over time to match the shifting sand color), species that grow bigger or smaller gradually over time, and of course parasitic, viral, and bacterial mutations that become new species. Christians look absolutely foolish when they instantly discount that which has been proven before, and can be proven again.

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Before I was saved I had tons and tons of books on aliens/ufos etc. I think the reason the subject is so popular for unbelievers is because deep down they know there is something out there, they just deny that it's God that they should be looking for. I know, I was there. I bought into all that mess. Is it possible that aliens are visiting us? I suppose, but I doubt it. I have swung 180 degrees the opposite way and I now see it as a delusion. What better way to explain away the rapture?

After I was saved, I got rid of all those books. I don't want any kind of foolish distraction keeping me away from the Truth. I see evolution and non-Biblical views as distractions as well. These non-believing scientists are looking for something, they are just denying God. They don't realize that what they see IS God. IMHO, it's a big scam by satan to keep people confused. The Bible clearly states the Truth yet so many refuse to believe it. If you don't believe me, ask yourself this question. What requires more faith, belief in a God who created everything or belief that everthing was created by a giant "POOF" from some gasses that just happen to be there and came together to explode. It's a delusion...

In order for evolution to 'work', scientists keep backing up the 'beginning' time frame. Why is it so hard to believe that a God that can create such beauty can create it in a short time? Why should it take Him billions of years to create? Muddied waters I tell ya. I refuse to get caught up in this mess. Just give me the Word, that's enough for me. If it's not clear, I'll leave it alone. My faith is strong enough to believe that the Word is of God, I will not be distracted by other so called possibilities.

Next time you are at Blockbuster, rent the movie, "The Forgotten". You will see how easily the rapture is going to be explained away and the deception will continue. Keep your eyes focused on the Lord and all will stay clear.

Jim, please leave speculation to nay sayers and non-believers. There are enough of them in our college classrooms teaching this goo, and most of the students are soaking it all up. Trust me, I get it every day in class. I am sadened by it all, but I keep praying that our graceful God will open the eyes of the lost before it's too late.

Stay focused guys, please. The Word, 100%! Stay in the Word! It's ok to wonder about other possibilites, that's why we have a mind. But if it's not there in the Word or it's fuzzy, move on. We all know the Truth. Let Hollyweird release all their bunk explanations. Plenty of that these days...

God bless and stay strong! [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Ripp
unregistered

Jim, you know as well as I that there is going to be a 'rapture'. The word rapture may not be used, but call it what you like, it's going to happen. Everything that the Word says has led my Spirit to believe in the pre-trib. I have however admitted that it could come at other times although I don't believe so. There is Scriptural proof that there will be a rapture regardless of when you believe it will occur. I see no Scriptural proof for beings on other planets. Not one Scripture. Is it possible? Of course, but if it is not Written, I'm not going to try and force a doctrine or belief. Proof of an upcoming rapture is there, beings on other planets is not.

Favor Minded
unregistered

And I am not trying to "build a doctrine" -

I am simply stating that I believe this is what God has revealed to me regarding life other than on Earth.

Favor Minded
unregistered

quote:
Brother Eric says...
I refuse to inject things when it is not clear

And I ask, since when?

You are always eager to discuss the Rapture....

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor, maybe there is, maybe there isn't life on other planets...We don't know for sure. There's a big universe out there and I'm sure it is possible..But to build a docterine on it would be risky territory considering that there is no real mention of it in the Bible that we know of. There is interesting verses such as those that you have mentioned but to say that conclusively it means there is other life would be stretching it a bit.

If there is other beings on other planets then it would not bother me one bit...The Bible is God's Word and tells us how He has delt with us that live on the earth...

We will know these things soon enough though..

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

To be honest I don't know who all is being gathered. But it doesn't say universe, it says heavens. Maybe Drew or Linda can inject more here but I refuse to inject things when it is not clear. The Word makes no reference to other beings, just an area (Earth and heavens).

As far as other worlds goes, He made MANY worlds Jim. Many, many worlds. That doesn't mean that they have to have humans or alien beings on them. It just means that they are there. Let's look at Genesis again:

14Then God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so. 16Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth , 18and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19So the evening and the morning were the fourth day . [Genesis 1:14-19]

They worlds were made to give us light. Nowhere does it say that other beings were made on these planets. We have to be very careful about injecting our thoughts or beliefs into Scripture. If it isn't clearly Written, leave it alone.

Favor Minded
unregistered

Please explain these verses and who the elect are, and why the differentiation between the ends of the Earth, and the ends of the Heavens???

No one has explained this yet - Only said I was wrong [Wink]

You cannot say the ones gathered from the Heavens are angels because the angels are doing the gathering...

Favor Minded
unregistered

Okay - I hear what you are saying however [Smile]

IF we are the ONLY ones in the universe -

WHO is begin gathered from the 4 corners of the universe?

Why worlds and world?

I studied it heavily for both ideals -

I simply believe the Word speaks clearly that there are "others" in the "universe" and the "heavens" - Who "they" are I did not say...

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Favor Minded:
So again I will ask [Wink]

Who is being gathered from the heavens?

NOTICE in Mark he makes a very distinct separation between the "ends of the Earth" and the "ends of the Heavens"

Why do we think we are the only ones?

Hebrews 1
2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.(Plural)

Hebrews 11:3
3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Jim, nowhere does it say, other beings, other humans, aliens, other people, whatever. You are putting your thoughts in there and reading what you want. If the Word doesn't clearly say something, don't you think it's better to be silent than form a doctrine or belief? This is how things go wrong...

P.S. This is coming from a guy who used to believe in aliens and studied the subject thoroughly. Now that I know the Truth and have read the Word, I don't believe in that stuff. Why? Because the Word doesn't tell us it's true. I don't read into what isn't cleary Written. Period.

Favor Minded
unregistered

So again I will ask [Wink]

Who is being gathered from the heavens?

NOTICE in Mark he makes a very distinct separation between the "ends of the Earth" and the "ends of the Heavens"

Why do we think we are the only ones?

Hebrews 1
2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.(Plural)

3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor Minded:
As for the ignorance thing, I should have used a more subtle approach but the fact is, as is the primary reason why the scientific and Christian communities are not nearly as divided or separated as they once were, is because there is substantial proof scientifically AND biblically that the Earth is indeed very old.

Besides - On Gods time table, our Earth is 21 billion years old.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are many scientists who are departing from the theory of evolution and embracing the concept of creation. There are many Christians who are compromising the Word and incorporating such theory as a "gap". Those who are in error are gravitating closer together.

But thankfully there are Christians with PHDs in science who support God's Word, and Creation as reiterated in Genesis. The Believer does not need to contradict God's Word by wresting scripture to substantiate theory. God spoke, Moses wrote, and evening and morning constitute Yowm in the hebrew day (24 hour period)

1. as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1
2. as a division of time 1b

For the Believer there can be no compromise of God's Word, for the sake of scientific dogma or UFO/alien/Mormon embryonic godhood, pet theorys.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Ok Y'all - I agree my quotes statement was out of line, and I should not have used the Word ignorant, but there is just as much proof for both old and young.

Besides - I don't like to dispute the young Earth theory but I do dispute the idea that we are alone inn the universe.

I realize we all will know when the time comes, but until then there is too much non contradictory proof scientifically that the Earth is indeed very old.

And how does this conflict with Scripture? It does not. No where is there proof of a young Earth - Heavens and Earth -

Who is being gathered from the Heavens?

Now, you say that DNA, red blood cells, etc cannot last - Ok, how do we know? Science?

Is not the same "faulty" science that dates these assumptions the same one that says the Earth is old?

We have not the intteligence to have been measuring and testing DNA and blood cells for this long to even begin to prove these statements, anymore than we can prove Young or Old.

So, how is it fitting to stand behind a theory that says Red Blood cells do not last that long, when there is no physical, possible way to know this for sure.

We have only even been able to study them for a very short time? How can we, with such certainty, make these statements, and denouce other scientific statements in the same breath?

While I agree there are many "Schools" that try to teach against God, there is no scriptural evidence to support the Earth only being 6000 years old.

And as I pointed out, each of the scriptures I used (And there are more) point specifically tothe fact that we are not alone in the universe.

If we are, then who else is he gathering?

As for the ignorance thing, I should have used a more subtle approach but the fact is, as is the primary reason why the scientific and Christian communities are not nearly as divided or separated as they once were, is because there is substantial proof scientifically AND biblically that the Earth is indeed very old.

Besides - On Gods time table, our Earth is 21 billion years old.

It does not behoove us one way or the other, to teach a young or old Earth -

How long does it take for dinosaurs to turn into crude oil?

We don't know?

But we know red blood cells or DNA can only last a few thousand years?

How do we know this?

I am NOT furthering the cause of evolution from Monkeys, but scientifically and biblically there is substantial proof for a very old earth,

and

many more worlds that will be gathered together at the end...

Ripp
unregistered

You know I love you in Christ Jim but I have to take issue with some of the things you said.

Favor wrote:
quote:
It always amazes me at the number of "Christians" who think the Earth is only 6000 years old.

8But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. [2 Peter 8]

Favor wrote:
quote:
They also are the ones who think we are alone in the universe and they do not believe that the Word speaks of other worlds besides our own.

It's possible that there is other life ouside of this planet but the Bible does not tell us for sure. I stick with what is Written.

Favor wrote:
quote:
They also are the ones who think we are alone in the universe and they do not believe that the Word speaks of other worlds besides our own.
16Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. [Genesis 1:16]

No argument here, He made it all. But who knows about life outside our planet. It's better to be silent than to add words.

Favor wrote:
quote:
There is no such thing as a YOUNG Earth.
Well, that depends on if you think the Earth is 6,000 years old or billions I suppose. 6,000 seems old to me. Besides, that's like an eternity for our wonderful and almighty God. He doesn't need billions of years to make universes. He could snap His fingers and make all of this in the blink of an eye if He wanted to.

Favor wrote:
quote:
We were not in the universe first and last.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth . 2The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was[a] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day . [Genesis 1:1-5]

14Then God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so. 16Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth , 18and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19So the evening and the morning were the fourth day . [Genesis 1:14-19]

Heavens and the Earth came before the rest Jim.

Favor wrote:
quote:
There are literally billions upon billions of other planets and systems just like our own.
Probably yes. How close to our own and how many, our Father knows. Is there LIFE on some of these planets? Our Father knows.

Favor wrote:
quote:
Only human ignorance and arrogance likes to subscribe to the young earth theory.
Ahh, cmon now. Stop that... I get enough of that junk at school! [happyhappy]

Favor wrote:
quote:
Evolution has LITTLE to do with the age of the Earth.

The problem is that universities use these kinds of arguments against God and creation. Why try and strengthen their view when it is faulty and against the Word of God? The Bible is to be taken 100% as the Truth. It is the inspired Word of God. Let's stick with it.

God bless and stay strong. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It always amazes me at the number of "Christians" who think the Earth is only 6000 years old.
Why do you put quotes around the word Christian because they believe that the earth is roughly 6,000 years old as if to imply they are not really Christians ?

I think the reason why these "Christians" believe that might have something to do with the fact that the Bible gives us the geneology from Adam that would indicate about 6,000 years...

Despite careful wording by the "leaders" of scientific thought there is still no proof that the earth is millions of years old...And the "leaders" know that...I love it when a 50 year old human being tries to tell me with certainty what happened 200 million years ago.

There's a popular thing going on right now in Christian thought that the earth really wasn't created in 6 days...That what is really meant is that 1 day is a millions of years or something...Somehow they have compromised the Word of God and tried to merge Biblical Truth with unproven scientic hypothesis.

To think that time built the universe you get the idea of order out of chaos and that is the exact thinking behind the new world order...The fact is that time is not the creator of the universe...God created it in the amount of time He said He created it.

It's scientific fact that if you take a piece of matter that over time that matter will lose it's structural integrity ....If you leave a ton of aluminum cans out, over time it will be destroyed, not jumbled up into a car with a purpose and a design...

There is nothing wrong with science...There is something VERY WRONG with presenting something as a scientific fact when it is not...There is a decieving faction of the "scientific" community that has gained dominance in our schools and all parts of society that goes directly against with what the Bible says and Christian leaders have even capitulated to merge what the Bible says with what has become popular because of their lack of understanding behind these common evolutionary principles that are being taught today.

2 Peter 3

5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old , and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store , reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree with your post Brother Jim.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Favor minded:

There is no such thing as a YOUNG Earth. We were not in the universe first and last.

There are literally billions upon billions of other planets and systems just like our own.

Only human ignorance and arrogance likes to subscribe to the young earth theory.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A rather angry and arrogant statement on your part Brother Jim.

You are extrapolating theoram into God's Word and trying to wrest scripture to substantiate.

We place our faith in God and believe what He has declared in His Word to be true. We do not need to lean upon the understanding or pet theorys of man, for God has declared in His Word.

It is secular science which decrees eons of time for the earth. They also decree that the dinosaurs died out millions of years ago. The evidence from this dinosaur find declares their time frame to be wrong.
Secular science declares no worldwide flood. The evidence shows them wrong.

The Word declares that God created His creation in a state of maturity, (able to reproduce).

The Word declares that the 6 days of creation were literal days:

Genesis 1:
1: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3: And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4: And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5: And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6: And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7: And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8: And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9: And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10: And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11: And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12: And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13: And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14: And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17: And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18: And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19: And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21: And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22: And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23: And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24: And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25: And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30: And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31: And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/re1/chapter8.asp

Evidence for a young world

Actually, 90 percent of the methods that have been used to estimate the age of the earth point to an age far less than the billions of years asserted by evolutionists. A few of them:

Red blood cells and hemoglobin have been found in some (unfossilized!) dinosaur bone. But these could not last more than a few thousand years—certainly not the 65 million years from when evolutionists think the last dinosaur lived.14

The earth’s magnetic field has been decaying so fast that it couldn’t be more than about 10,000 years old. Rapid reversals during the flood year and fluctuations shortly after just caused the field energy to drop even faster.15

Helium is pouring into the atmosphere from radioactive decay, but not much is escaping. But the total amount in the atmosphere is only 1/2000th of that expected if the atmosphere were really billions of years old. This helium originally escaped from rocks. This happens quite fast, yet so much helium is still in some rocks that it couldn’t have had time to escape—certainly not billions of years.16

A supernova is an explosion of a massive star—the explosion is so bright that it briefly outshines the rest of the galaxy. The supernova remnants (SNRs) should keep expanding for hundreds of thousands of years, according to the physical equations. Yet there are no very old, widely expanded (Stage 3) SNRs, and few moderately old (Stage 2) ones in our galaxy, the Milky Way, or in its satellite galaxies, the Magellanic clouds. This is just what we would expect if these galaxies had not existed long enough for wide expansion.17

The moon is slowly receding from earth at about 1-1/2 inches (4cm) per year, and the rate would have been greater in the past. But even if the moon had started receding from being in contact with the earth, it would have taken only 1.37 billion years to reach its present distance. This gives a maximum possible age of the moon—not the actual age. This is far too young for evolution (and much younger than the radiometric ‘dates’ assigned to moon rocks).18

Salt is pouring into the sea much faster than it is escaping. The sea is not nearly salty enough for this to have been happening for billions of years. Even granting generous assumptions to evolutionists, the seas could not be more than 62 million years old—far younger than the billions of years believed by evolutionists. Again, this indicates a maximum age, not the actual age.19

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

God declared and Moses wrote, and I will place my faith and trust in His eternal Word, not in the flawed perceptions, and pet theorys of man.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

There is no such thing as a YOUNG Earth. We were not in the universe first and last.

Hebrews 1

Job 1
6Now there was a day when the sons (the angels) of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan (the adversary and accuser) also came among them.(B)

7And the Lord said to Satan, From where did you come? Then Satan answered the Lord, From going to and fro on the earth and from walking up and down on it. (Are we on EARTH lucky to have him?)

Job 7:20
If I have sinned, what have I done to you, O watcher of men? Why have you made me your target? Have I become a burden to you?

1 Corinthians 4:9
For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like men condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to men.

danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 19 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is proof of dinosaurs in the Bible. The Leviathan and Behemoth are big therefore they are dinosaurs??? Leviathan could be a whale, a squid, a dinosaur, symbolic... how do any of you know this? Its pure speculation. As is the dragon talk. Kids all over the world get the strange idea that their are monsters hiding in their room when the lights are out. That is no proof of monsters under the bed [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arent dinasaurs mentioned in the book of Job. or people believe the big beasts he is talking about with the tails like ceder trees are a refferance to dinasaurs.
I could be wrong after all I am just one year and counting.

By his stripes

Greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frimpy:
^^^^

There is also folklore about dragons in every ancient culture. But, we havent found a dragon...yet?

It's interesting that almost every continent of the world has dragon lore. In South America they have found ancient pottery with dinosaur like pictures. Japan, China have dragon lore, Europe, and Africa.

I believe they existed, and are now extinct.

Like history became legend, and legend became myth.

To Ripp: when you explain your meaning about science it makes it more understandable, as you did in your reply. I thnk we have enough clones already.

I'm against scientists doing human cloning or making chimeras with human DNA.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Niedziejkore,

I'm not even going to try and point out the truth to you. You will probably never see it even if it is dangled in front of your face. If you believe it's ok to play god, fine. You will learn the truth one day, hopefully before it's too late.

Frimpy
Community Member
Member # 4073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

There is also folklore about dragons in every ancient culture. But, we havent found a dragon...yet?

--------------------
Backslidden Christian, ready to come back. I'm so glad that God forgives.

Yahoo ID: billselby9773 Come say hi if you like.

Posts: 10 | From: Newberry/Columbia, SC | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

quote:
Originally posted by Cricket:
You know, this brings up a question I have always wondered about. Why is there no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? We have recovered bones, and now this. I have always wondered about it, but no one has ever given me an answer that makes sense. Any ideas???

Read the book of Job...In that book the Word of the Lord describes an animal that sounds much like a dragon and it is given the name leviathon...Another animal is called a behemoth that sounds really large.
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Or perhaps you believe it's ok to clone things including humans. I don't...
you think theres something wrong with the macropropagation of plants?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's wrong with cloning?

What bible verse says it's a sin?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

WhiteEagle wrote:
quote:
God created the world, and all it's "scientific" properties. Studying science doesn't mean, it conflicts with God. We study science to find out the things that God created.

Christians don't need to be ignorant of science to be true Christians. In fact studying science gives me a greater appeciation of who God is.

It's fascinating how people can put words in others mouths...

I make no mention that Christians shouldn't study science. My point was that scientists are trying to play god by all of these cloning experiments. Or perhaps you believe it's ok to clone things including humans. I don't...

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
SoftTouch wrote:
quote:
Now… What will happen? Will they be stupid enough to try to clone this thing? God Forbid!!!
Why not? Who needs God when you have science? [Roll Eyes]
God created the world, and all it's "scientific" properties. Studying science doesn't mean, it conflicts with God. We study science to find out the things that God created.

Christians don't need to be ignorant of science to be true Christians. In fact studying science gives me a greater appeciation of who God is.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

It's kind of funny, because if scientists CAN do anything with the DNA of this fossil, it will prove that dinosaurs did not walk the earth millions of years ago.

DNA can not last longer than 10,000 years, and that's even a stretch in time. DNA is fragile and will break down, even if "preserved" after 10,000 years as calulated by scientific means.

So it will be another conflict for the theory of Evolution!

Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the AnswersinGenesis article about it...
AIG: "Still Soft and Stretchy"

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cricket
Advanced Member
Member # 2960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cricket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, this brings up a question I have always wondered about. Why is there no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? We have recovered bones, and now this. I have always wondered about it, but no one has ever given me an answer that makes sense. Any ideas???

--------------------
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
---Vincent Van Gogh

Posts: 56 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can top that I just read that scientist in Stanford are doing test with adding human brain cells to a mouse.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frimpy
Community Member
Member # 4073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really dont think that they would try to clone a dinosaur. They will, however study it.

--------------------
Backslidden Christian, ready to come back. I'm so glad that God forgives.

Yahoo ID: billselby9773 Come say hi if you like.

Posts: 10 | From: Newberry/Columbia, SC | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

SoftTouch wrote:
quote:
Now… What will happen? Will they be stupid enough to try to clone this thing? God Forbid!!!
Why not? Who needs God when you have science? [Roll Eyes]
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From http://www.rapturenews.com/ comes this link:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050324/ap_on_sc/t_rex_tissues

Scientists Recover Tissue From T. Rex

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement