Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Just weird

Author Topic: Just weird
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen saintbygrace!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saintbygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many people LOOK HARD for the number 666.

They do all kinds of math to make words add up to 666.

I WORRY about people who are always looking for satan rather than looking for God.

(Matthew 6:33 NASB)
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

--------------------
John 18:38
Pilate *said to Him, "What is truth?"

Posts: 112 | From: ball of God-cursed dirt | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen sister Laurie [Smile]

We are definitely in the last days. Every day is exciting as I watch and wait for the Messiah's return!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no fear of any number, I believe you misunderstand me and underestimate me:P To me, the fact that it seemed to pop up a bunch of times both yesterday and today, when I cannot recall it doing so at all in my time at the bank before, made me wonder if perhaps it was some subtle warning that something may be coming soon.

Frankly, I look daily for something to tell me that my King is coming for me soon, because I very much wish to meet Him.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

I got an e-mail once where they did some mathmatical manipulations and declared Barney to be the devil cause it added up to 666! LOL!

--------------------

allofgrace
Community Member
Member # 4521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allofgrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually seeing the number "666" is not evil in itself or even if you see the number on a license plate. It is the person that the number represents that is evil according to Revelation 13. His NAME adds up to 666. The number is not evil, but the PERSON who is.

Just a couple months ago I saw on the TV news that someone won the daily lotto with the number 666. Some merchandise stamps also have this number.

Some bible scholars believe the person has already been identified as Nero in John's day. Luther once believed it was the Pope. And when I was younger certain bible evangelists believed even Ronald Regan was the person whose name added up to 666.

So don't fear a mere number, trust in Jesus, the real truth of the matter will someday be known.

Posts: 9 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bat Elohim:
when i was at a client site the other day, there was a hand cream called "666 lotion".
maybe it was for incredibly dry skin? caused by very high heat exposure??

- [pound]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

when i started going to church, several people told me i had to get my ssn number changed because the middle 3 numbers are 666.

when i was at a client site the other day, there was a hand cream called "666 lotion".
maybe it was for incredibly dry skin? caused by very high heat exposure??

also my best friend's phone number ends in 666.

these are just coincidences... i don't believe I'm the devil because of my ssn, or that my friend is going to hell because she has that phone number, but ... i don't think i'll buy that hand cream!!

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to 'notice' that number a lot too (especially when it's on a license plate). I think we're just so 'Aware' of it that we take note when we see it.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I tend to 'notice' that number a lot too (especially when it's on a license plate). I think we're just so 'Aware' of it that we take note when we see it.

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today at work, the number 6-6-6 came up in my transactions several times, and it just struck me as odd and sort of forboding, perhaps as a warning or reminder. I have no idea if it means anything at all, but I just thought I would share.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement