Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » What exactly is the War of Gog & Magog?

Author Topic: What exactly is the War of Gog & Magog?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are you calling a heritic hunter Trenton?
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It happens after the thousand year reign. But don't listen to me, I'm a heretic, as the heretic hunters have judged.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomInPA
Advanced Member
Member # 4483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TomInPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the article Soft Touch. That gave me the information I was looking for. I'm just still a little confused though. Is this supposed to happen during the tribulation? Or is this an event that could happen before then? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Tom

Posts: 54 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome and I'm very glad you took that in the Love in which it was intended [Smile]

Ok, I know this curiosity is going to eat at you until you understand it (it does me LOL), so here's something that might help.

Check out this article: http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/rusisrl.htm

I don’t know if it’s 100% accurate, but it’s layed out pretty well and explains who Gog and Magog are as well as the other nations mentioned in the prophecy.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomInPA
Advanced Member
Member # 4483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TomInPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SoftTouch. Thank you very much for the encouragement...point well taken about learning the fundamentals of the bible. To be honest, I never really got into reading the bible before. 2 days ago I just bought a bible that takes you through in exactly 1 year, and I'm starting to read it again. However, I am still very interested in bible prophecy, and I feel like it can do me no harm in knowing about it. It is a big portion of the bible. So, my question really wasn't answered.
Posts: 54 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tom [Smile] Welcome to the BBS!

I certainly understand the desire to know about 'End Times Prophecies' - I have that desire too [Wink] but I would like to add a word of caution and Encouragement if I might?

I read in the thread "I thought that you should know" that you have just recently rededicated your life to the Lord. Although I don't know how much Solid Doctrine you may already have, I just wanted to Encourage you to make sure that your Foundation (Doctrinal Teaching) is Solid and Strong before you take on this very difficult issue (End Times Prophecy that is).

I wrote you a note in the other thread, but just in case you don't see it there, I'll put it in here too [Smile] Here's what I said:

quote:
Tom, Welcome Back to the Sheep Fold Jesus is 100% Faithful! He promised that he would leave the 99 (Sheep) just to find the one (lost sheep). He certainly did this for me, and I see this has happened with you! Stay In HIM and In HIS Word.

I would like to offer this Encouragement. Make sure you're attending a Church that teaches Sound Fundamental Truth straight from God's Word (The Bible) and Drink Deeply of it's Nourishing Milk!

Personally, I'm finding (in my search for such a Home Church) that the Independent, Fundamental Baptist Church(s) are the purest in their Doctrinal Teaching (even though I am currently attending a Messianic (Jews & Non-Jews who have Faith that Jesus IS our Messiah/God). I am considering changing over to the IFBC where my son attends school; and I'm seeking the Lords guidance in this (always!)

PRAISE GOD! That HE Has Brought You Back! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomInPA
Advanced Member
Member # 4483

I heard somebody mention that in the end times there would be the War of Gog & Magog. Is this really in bible prophecy? If so, what is supposed to happen and who will be involved. Also, what is the timeline of when that will happen. I thought they had said it had to do with Russia and some Arab countries attacking Israel. Is this true?

Thanks!

Tom

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement