Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Bible Code?

Author Topic: Bible Code?
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a magazine article about a guy who did used the "bible code" methods on the book "War and Peace" and came up with some astounding predictions!

Predicting tension between Syria and Lebonon isn't a far fetched prediction... and even without the current situation... you could rationalize that 'prophecy' to be true...

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich H
Advanced Member
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frimpy

Its just plain weird that I found this thread
and then a couple of hours later found a news story that WMD where indeed in Iraq but looted
or moved.

You can find the story here..
http://slate.msn.com/id/2114820

On a side note.. God is with me today.
Everything I have done today has been blessed by God. I am finally coming to understand what it means to put God in every detail of life.
This has nothing to do with the subject at hand.. but worth mentioning.

Peace
Rich

Posts: 30 | From: Metro Detroit | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the thing that makes it lose it's credibility is that, the same method can be used in pretty much any piece of literature and you will still get results.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomInPA
Advanced Member
Member # 4483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TomInPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, Frimpy...I can relate to your signature. I'm in the same boat. I've backslidden so much in the last 10 years that I think all the skin is torn off my behind! LOL! I'm trying hard to get my life right with God again though. Good luck to both of us!
Posts: 54 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomInPA
Advanced Member
Member # 4483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TomInPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched that show too. It was pretty eerie, but I don't know if it really means anything. They said to dispute that, they tried coming up with similar results by using the book "Moby Dick" or some other novel like that, and the same system brought up so called prophecies in there. I'm still learning and not very knowledgeable about the bible yet, but I think it's just a coincidence.
Posts: 54 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nobleweb
Advanced Member
Member # 2156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nobleweb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps I view things in too simple and basic a manner, but it seems to me that this bible code is really nothing more than a "fortune telling device".

The Bible tells us that we are to have nothing to do with fortune tellers, so I can not believe God would use Scripture in such a manner. I personally believe the bible code is a device used by the devil.

JMHO

Posts: 26 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frimpy
Community Member
Member # 4073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched a special on the History Channel in 2003 about the Bible Code. It has all sorts of dates and keywords from events in the past. I dismissed it as a coincidence. However, I watched the same one (from 2003) again last week. One of the people trying to prove that it is legit said that there was a code for turmoil between Syria and Lebanon in 2005. Its happening. It also said that the WMD would be found in a town south of Damascus, with proof that they had been moved from Iraq in 2002. This is also supposed to happen in 2005. (once again, this show originally aired in 2003) This makes me want to question my original opinion of it. I may just do that if the WMD are found in Syria this year.

What do you think?

--------------------
Backslidden Christian, ready to come back. I'm so glad that God forgives.

Yahoo ID: billselby9773 Come say hi if you like.

Posts: 10 | From: Newberry/Columbia, SC | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement